Indiana Jones: The Soundtracks Collection (OFFICIAL thread)

Erik Woods

I'm just guessing, but wouldn't be possible that not all the tracks featured in the original releases of TLC and TOD are featured in these new expanded versions? I mean, in Raiders, that got rid of the Raiders March at the beginning.

Anyway, as much as I like the interviews with the composers, I'd choose music, if I had to choose between it and an interview.

But again, having one, does not mean that you had any chance of having the other.

There is a grain of truth in your argument.

Hey Neimoidian, you've still got that quote of mine in your signature. I hope it's out of the sheer ridiculousness of it, for which I apologised some months ago. I was just reading this thread and saw that haunting, scathing attack on this forum. I like to think I've changed, I actually really enjoy this place now and am so friggin excited for Indy score expansions.

Ok calm down now.

From the looks of it were are getting 1 CD expanded editions of the first 3 indy scores + the OST release of Chrystal Skull + a bonus CD with a John Williams interview.

So this release will most likely be closer to the Laurent Bouzereau of Close Encounters, E.T. and Jaws (Jaws being accidentally complete because it is a short score). It is possible Williams will have some input in these new Indy releases like he had with the Bouzereau produced releases.

Now we have been spoiled rotten over the years by soundtrack-specialsed labels like Intrada, Varese, FSM etc...giving us loads of complete scores in cronological order.

It has however led to the skewed believe that anything less then that is a complete and utter waste and a sign of incompetence by the albums producers and the label, not the mention the composer for allowing such a release to happen.

Now I am the first to admit to being nervous, and wanting more info, but I'm trying to look on the bright side.

Good post. We are getting more music from each film. I say that's GREEEAAATTTT!

Hey Neimoidian, you've still got that quote of mine in your signature. I hope it's out of the sheer ridiculousness of it, for which I apologised some months ago. I was just reading this thread and saw that haunting, scathing attack on this forum. I like to think I've changed, I actually really enjoy this place now

Why apologise? The observations you make are quite correct. This place is exactly like that.

The only thing that really matters is whether or not one can just accept how this place works, as I do. That doesn't necessarily mean I endorse everything about the board.

So if one makes sense of all of the info, Raiders will be released on October 14th, then the box set, containing all 4 scores and a 5th disc that features an interview with Williams, will be released in November and then the individual releases of LC & TOD will follow in late 2008 early 2009.

So if one makes sense of all of the info, Raiders will be released on October 14th, then the box set, containing all 4 scores and a 5th disc that features an interview with Williams, will be released in November and then the individual releases of LC & TOD will follow in late 2008 early 2009.

If that turns out to be right I wouldn't mind the wait to get the money together, especially if it's after Christmas.

I'll get Raiders in October if even if that means double dipping later on.

I'll consider it a preview for things to come.

I probably will too, I should be able to swing 10 bucks. I sure hope so.

Happy 666! Ave MissPadmi!

EDIT: It's a sign, it's an omen! Indy4 will pick you as his presidential running mate! I must inform my astrologer.

:lol: :lol:

Oh noo I totally missed it!!

Well hopefully it makes me the Queen of the damned!

:)

hell this whole INdy Box thing goes on my nerves.. I am really looking forward to The Music of the Lord of the Rings Films Book by Doug Adams instead.. released with 2 DVDs packed with tons of Alternates and Demos!

Speaking of that . . . . do we have a release date for the book yet?

2 DVDs? I hadn't heard that. I keep checking Doug Adams' website and have yet to see official word on a release date, but all indications / hopes are that it will be this year.

Steef since when did you become an optimistic person? Did you bump your head in the middle of the night or something?

Nah, Miss Padme complimented his intelligence-- that's enough to get any man into a euphoric state.

I'm going to agree with whoever said Last Crusade was a well assembled album. It was. There's a highlight or two missing, but what's there is always interesting and fun to listen to. I never listen to the boot. Partially because of the poor sound and partially because so much of it is just killing time until the next set piece.

It is a very well assembled album, but the End Credits are a waste of space. We don't need to hear the Grail Theme and the Scherzo again at that point in the album. It's just like Duel of the Fates and Anakins Theme in the TPM End Credits. An extra "highlight or two" could have gone in their place. That's why, for this release, I'd like to see the End Credits shortened to just a reprisal of Indy' theme (I'm talking about everything after the riding off into the sunset moment). I know it won't happen, but it is a way to get more highlights onto the LC disc.

I have a better idea .Drop tracks from the original release to include all the unreleased music ,If I was assembling those albums and limited to 1 c.d. per score ,that's what I'd do

2 DVDs? I hadn't heard that. I keep checking Doug Adams' website and have yet to see official word on a release date, but all indications / hopes are that it will be this year.
Steef since when did you become an optimistic person? Did you bump your head in the middle of the night or something?

Nah, Miss Padme complimented his intelligence-- that's enough to get any man into a euphoric state.

Yes Mr. Adams says it in the FAQ section

Why, because she is a women?

These days I need more then a friendly stroke on the head to get euphoric.

yes but who said I did do something like that :)

Yes Mr. Adams says it in the FAQ section

Why, because she is a women?

These days I need more then a friendly stroke on the head to get euphoric.

yes but who said I did do something like that :)

I gotta start using my reading glasses when reading things on-line...

From Doug Adams' FAQ: "We are planning for the book to come with 1 or 2 multimedia discs." Later on in the FAQ, he clarifies that multimedia disc equals DVD. And that the target release date is November, 2008.

What you want to do in the privacy of your own computer, Miss Padme, is none of my business. All I ask is that you continue to be a voice of reason around these here parts.

And Steef, I am quite comfortable having a lady around. I grew up as the only male in a house with four older sisters, my mother, and grandmother. I'm still in therapy for the hand-me-downs I got as a child.

And Steef, I am quite comfortable having a lady around. I grew up as the only male in a house with four older sisters, my mother, and grandmother. I'm still in therapy for the hand-me-downs I got as a child.

Steef?

Have we met?

If it is actually insightful and with new information or anecdotes, I am all for it. If it is an hour or more of JW being humble, praising others, and just telling the same stories again then it will be a waste. Yes, I know JW wrote two Indy themes and Spielberg wanted to use them both. We've heard that one before.

That's basically all he seems to remember at this point. I hope the interview material is mostly from archival sources.

Yup 4 pages of new bickering since yesterday :)

Am i the only one who thinks that if KOTCS and Raiders cost 8.95 $ the other two will cost the same? making the box arround 36-40 $ or even cheaper? (boxsets are usually cheaper than the sepparated counterparts.)

As merkel pointed, maybe some tracks previously available will not be in these sets. I would not mind them getting ride of the concert versions (we already have them). Specially if that could mean a new KOTCS CD with 10 minutes to spare :lol:. TOD could get rid of 'Temple of Doom' and Last Crusade could get the film version of Birds of charlemagne (shorter so more space to fill) and get rid of the concert version-alternate. Also Film version of escape from venice and get rid of the alternate.

I have been reading this topic all the week, and i had really good fun!

We have to wait and see, but let´s be postive guys! All that we got at this moment are good news (atleast for me):

-I am a John Williams fanatic only since 2005 so I don´t have any of the Indy Soundtracks on cd except KOTKS and the Silva compilation. So ANY Indy release is good to me. Of course I want complete scores and in order, but a cd of 80 minutes of each one would be great.

-The last ROTLA cd was great and everybody thinks it, so Concord could rereleased the same album... But no, they add a couple of new tracks...

-The prize of ROTLA is really great, 10 bucks?!?!

I´m pretty sure TOD and LC will be expanded, and with good sound, but I see some people here in the future crying for missing cues, better sound or starting to ask for KOTKS expanded...

Threads like this make me really proud of being a John Williams fan and a member of this forum

Well maybe we get some extra tape-hiss seconds at the beginning and the end of the tracks

The announcement never speaks of MUSIC

that would be expanded!

All three original soundtracks (Raiders, Temple of Doom, and Last Crusade) will be expanded and remastered, including material never before issued on CD.

they also don't say that the expansion will be INdy related in any form could be anything never before issued on CD.. George Lucas singing "I am the Captain of the Pinnaford..."

I also predict a relatively low price ,and lots of unreleased tape hiss and Williams shouting cue numbers at the beginning of each tracks

Maybe the master tapes WERE destroyed in a fire, and were actually getting remastered version of the bootlegs .Concord label may be the same Concord label that release the LC Volume 2 and Hook bootlegs.

I'll wait for the box set. I'm happy with the DCC Raiders so I can wait.

I will too. Although if I were to get them separately I would go for Temple of Doom first.

I also predict a relatively low price ,and lots of unreleased tape hiss and Williams shouting cue numbers at the beginning of each tracks

Maybe the master tapes WERE destroyed in a fire, and were actually getting remastered version of the bootlegs .Concord label may be the same Concord label that release the LC Volume 2 and Hook bootlegs.

The boot label is Concorde.

well on the 2003 TLC making of segment, you can hear "Put Down The Gun" in the background.. and it sounds exactly like the Bootleg Version.. well maybe you are right

Oh yes, this is all doom and gloom.

Yes this release will be the worst produced thing in history. Everything is already wrong with it.

What was Concord even thinking by releasing this...... ;)

Oh yes, this is all doom and gloom.

Yes this release will be the worst produced thing in history. Everything is already wrong with it.

What was Concord even thinking by releasing this...... ;)

why so negative, boy?

I have a better idea .Drop tracks from the original release to include all the unreleased music ,If I was assembling those albums and limited to 1 c.d. per score ,that's what I'd do

In the long run, that would just mean much more expensive.

At least for me.

Please, have a heart for us poor unfortunates who came in too late and are too cheap...

So this release will most likely be closer to the Laurent Bouzereau of Close Encounters, E.T. and Jaws (Jaws being accidentally complete because it is a short score). It is possible Williams will have some input in these new Indy releases like he had with the Bouzereau produced releases.

Now we have been spoiled rotten over the years by soundtrack-specialsed labels like Intrada, Varese, FSM etc...giving us loads of complete scores in cronological order.

It has however led to the skewed believe that anything less then that is a complete and utter waste and a sign of incompetence by the albums producers and the label, not the mention the composer for allowing such a release to happen.

Now I am the first to admit to being nervous, and wanting more info, but I'm trying to look on the bright side.

I agree. It's likely this new release has been prepared by Laurent Bouzereau or someone from Williams' camp. We already now that both Matessino and Redman are not involved in this release, but I'm hoping that someone from FSM or other specialty labels has been hired as creative consultant for this release. Since Doug Adams unexpectedly premiered some unreleased stuff from Temple of Doom during a FSM podcast a few months ago, maybe he's the guy.

Did I insult your boyfriend?

No just everybody's intelligence

I still prefer Stefan to insult "everybody's intelligence" (using your words and your thoughts) rather than Lucas stealing everyone's music.

I see no evidence of intelligence in this thread.

Apart from my own, naturally.

Twice the pride, double the fall...

How appropriate. You fight like a cow!

Also notice that a lot of my posts end with ".........."

Also notice that a lot if your posts are just the word "Indeed".

(natural reply to this would be the other classic "That much is certain")

An expanded release of any JW score is one smal step for a fan, but giant leap for the mankind.

More probably is one small step for the fan, one giant leap for Lucas' wallet.

I'm just guessing, but wouldn't be possible that not all the tracks featured in the original releases of TLC and TOD are featured in these new expanded versions? I mean, in Raiders, that got rid of the Raiders March at the beginning.

If that led to have more space on CD for unreleased music, than I'm all for it. Remember that there are bootlegs for Last Crusade which are made of only unreleased cues (which is pretty much what King Mark said some post after yours ;) ).

Steef?

Have we met?

Maybe he's Bruck from Hoorn.

Did we not mention this a couple months ago like in April or May of this year or couple years back? I cant remember and I thought I was the one who came up with the idea that they would come out with an extended edition of Raiders, Temple and Crusade. Nobody believes me. If there is money to be made they will make the money somehow. It seems like we talk about wanting an extended version of some type of movie doing petitions and stuff, but I am only giving my opinion. Its great that Raiders extended is coming out and maybe if the sales do well they will think about releasing Temple and Crusade extended, but if the sales dont do well then I guess we can kiss the extended editions goodbye, but probably not really they can do what ever they want. I really would like to see Star Wars Episode I-III be extended, all the Harry Potter films be extended and all Indiana Jones films be extended(including Crystal Skull). We all ready have an extended edition of Star Wars Episode IV-VI(Not sure if there are any other tracks to add to these films).