Indiana Jones: The Soundtracks Collection (OFFICIAL thread)

Erik Woods

I think being illegal makes it more exciting.

Yes, I agree. I mean, if you're going to go straight you might as well be a vicar or something.

What?

I agree. If there were fewer robbers there wouldn't be so many of them, numerically speaking.

I think being illegal makes it more exciting.

Yes, I agree. I mean, if you're going to go straight you might as well be a vicar or something.

What?

I agree. If there were fewer robbers there wouldn't be so many of them, numerically speaking.

Bingo!

For lack of anything else to post...

According to somebody on FSM, this is the Japanese info:

Japanese release info.

Nov,12

Raiders,Temple of Doom and Last Crusade will be released individually. Each disc is 2000yen,about $19. No bonus disc with John Williams interview.

Official info is not released.

But several shops like HMV or TOWERRECORDS show these info.

http://www.hmv.co.jp/product/detail/2787787

http://www.hmv.co.jp/product/detail/2787789

I thought that link detailed X2 CD's but it translates to X2 Points! Damn it all! Those track lists are so important for our sanity!

Tim - whose eyes have whiplash after reading all 32 pages! :pukeface:

Once I was able to record 81:23 mins on a CDR (and it worked perfectly on every player), and someone said that the longest official CD he owns runs at 81 mins. So I made a tracklist from Raiders of the Ark (see attachment below).

It runs 79:26. We have pratically 2 mins of free space. I didn't include "Indy Rides the Statue" because I don't know how are they going to edit it, since on the bootleg we have two versions of it plus "The Mummy Cave". Aside from that, we indeed have the complete Raiders of the Lost Ark. Only some alternate and film versions were left out (like the film version of "Marion's Theme", when the Ark nearly burns the Nazi wooden box in the ship). But they could be included in the bonus CD. So if Concord people are smart, they'll be able to squeeze the complete Raiders soundtrack on a single CD, spread the complete TOD and LC soundtracks among 2CD each, and alternate music be included on the bonus CD.

Raiders, 1CD

TOD, 2CD

LC, 2CD

KOTCS, 1CD

Bonus, 1CD

That's just fine for me... bowdown

The only thing bothering me is that we won't be able to toss our Last Crusade bootlegs in the garbage. Just this once why couldn't they just release the whole thing instead of saving a few bucks on production

That's why they should have done it Anthology style. No KOTCS, 80 minute discs for each movie and the fourth disc could be extras and alternates like the concert versions of the Raiders March (long and short), film version of the ToD end credits, source cues and extra tracks from all three that couldn't fit on the main discs.

Only some alternate and film versions were left out (like the film version of "Marion's Theme", when the Ark nearly burns the Nazi wooden box in the ship).

Is this actually a cue? I figured the "music" we hear in the film is just a sound effects job.

I don't like that shortened version of the Raiders March where it is simply because it removes the mystery from the score. Since I have so many more scores than my family and friends don't know about, I like to play one and wait for them to guess what it is. When you start Raiders, it's not always apparent what it is unless you're really familiar with it, until about the Raiders march picks up in track 3 or so. Having track 1 begin with that, all mystery is gone, so I usually skip it anyways.

Well, I don't think it makes for a good listening experience. The score should start with "South America: 1936" or whatever it's called now. Obviously, however, the shortened "Raiders March" has a unique ending that I'll miss... Or rather, that I'll miss for all of two minutes until I remember I can just copy the DCC version into iTunes and stick it on the end of this new CD.

Only some alternate and film versions were left out (like the film version of "Marion's Theme", when the Ark nearly burns the Nazi wooden box in the ship).

Is this actually a cue? I figured the "music" we hear in the film is just a sound effects job.

I believe it is just a sound effect. I think it's been mentioned elsewhere.

Unless it's something really different I can do without all these alternate takes.

I like how track 1 of Raiders is "In the Jungle."

We need a track in Temple of Doom for the camp scene and card game called "The Quiet Jungle." Then we just need "The Lion Sleeps Tonight (Or Not)" in The Last Crusade, instead of the title "Circus Train."

Or not.

The track list was the very first thing to come out about this release, and the lack of that track was the first thing I noticed, so to say that I "confirmed" anything is ridiculous. It was simply a joke. I even used a "smiley" which isn't always common for me.

No bone will be tossed your way.

Neil

I have to keep in mind the positive stuff that makes me hope ToD won't be a botch job.

If they bothered to put "bad dates" on the Raiders c.d. then they know in detail which cues were missing

so...

For Temple of Doom :

Best Case Scenario: ToD 79 minutes c.d. with no missing highlights

Medium Case Scenario: ToD 79 minutes missing crucial cue such as Stealing the Stones

Worst Case Scenario :ToD expanded from 40 minutes to 60 minutes and still missing a bunch of stuff

Last Crusade:

Best Case Scenario: LC 79 minutes with Portuguese Coast/Train Chase pt.2/The Diary/To Castle Burnwall/The Zeppelin/Pen is Mightier than the Sword/Power of the Grail

Medium case: 79 minutes missing one of above cues

Worst case scenario:c.d. not filled to capacity ,no Portuguese Coast

I'd be interested to know, hypothetically speaking, that if the expanded TOD and TLC CD's could only take a maximum of an additional 2 previously unreleased tracks per CD, what would your preferences be? What exclusions would make the new CD’s almost not worth getting?

For me, these 4 tracks have to be included… TOD - ‘Stealing the Stones’ and ‘Underground Chaos’. TLC – ‘The Portuguese Coast’ and the full ‘Tank Chase’.

Please ignore if this has been mentioned elsewhere.

I believe it is just a sound effect. I think it's been mentioned elsewhere.

Yes, in the previous Raiders liner notes. :)

Well, there's a picture on page three of the Intrada - Septermber 23rd Release thread that would fit in nicely here. It is a monkey beating a prone (and presumed dead) horse.

EDIT - That picture is on page 4, sorry about that.

We adopted three stray cats in 1994, and while they remained outdoor cats because of allergies, they and their descendants prospered until last year when the last one finally died. We were sad because our dog is best friends with everyone, and the cats were no exception.

Since then, we've seen a marked increase in the number of skunks that hang around...

According to a guy on FSM, it's 5 CDs:

Some friends of mine who own a cd shop, told me today that it's definately a 5cd package.

There are 4 music cd's and 1 interview cd.

However, they can't understand why Raiders is being released prior to the set coming out, or whether there is any difference between what is being released in the box and what is being released seperately.

They haven't been sent a tracklisting either.

It's all a bit of a mystery.

I can't see why they can't release a tracklisting now, they must know by now what they're putting on the cd's.

Oh the waiting, please Concord tell us what is on the expanded score cd's.

Before we all go MAD!!!!

Although after the last news, this is far from solid fact.