Indiana Jones: The Soundtracks Collection (OFFICIAL thread)

Erik Woods

Anyone wanna bet this thread is gonna hit over 100 pages by the time the box set is released in a month and half?

I'll say 55 pages max before the set is released.

Track list should show up there...

Price is close to what I predicted ,which was 10$ more than that. The KotCS copy included probably doesn't affect the price much

Track list should show up there...

Price is close to what I predicted ,which was 10$ more than that. The KotCS copy included probably doesn't affect the price much

I'm sure it will go down in price as it gets closer to release date.... Love Aamzon Pre-Order Price guarantee ;)

yeah but we know it's 5 if you count the bonus ,but it's not 8

hopefully ToD and LC are 79 minute disks....god I hope so .It comes down to how much extra music we actually get.

Has anyone heard of "Loveless Records" before? That is what is listed on Amazon.com.

its gotta be a mistake. if you change it from .com .de it will show concord on the german page

It would be great if they left out the least crusade and skulls and concentrated on the two great scores

The only thing bothering me is that we won't be able to toss our Last Crusade bootlegs in the garbage. Just this once why couldn't they just release the whole thing instead of saving a few bucks on production

Indeed.

Just including KotCS was silly anyway. It's a CD that anyone's can get anywhere, since it was released just 6 months ago. The box-set should be dedicated to the Trilogy, since it's the Trilogy that need more expanded music, which fans wanted for years. The fourth movie already had a long OST release and it's not historical like the other 3 enough to have fans dying for more music from it.

So yeah, I know they should spend a little few more and give us a really complete release, wih tracks as originally recorded and without the usual useless edits.

But we also know that 99% of the times releases doesn't work as we want and as they should work.

Last Crusade:

Best Case Scenario: LC 79 minutes with Portuguese Coast/Train Chase pt.2/The Diary/To Castle Burnwall/The Zeppelin/Pen is Mightier than the Sword/Power of the Grail

Medium case: 79 minutes missing one of above cues

Worst case scenario:c.d. not filled to capacity ,no Portuguese Coast

The Floor's on fire! I want thaaat!!!

I mean, the track.

I'm just happy we get at least some new music from the Indy trilogy on an official CD.

Any anyway, 4 CDs can't be right. There are 4 movies and 1 CD with the interview. So it has to be at least 5. I think people from amazon just assumed 4 CDs because we have 4 movies. But I bet it's more, hopefully 8. ;)

Yeah, whoever wrote 4 CDs clearly can't count. OK that the interview CD is counted as "bonus" but still that doesn't mean it doesn't have to be counted!

We all hope to have 8 CDs, but let's enjoy this release anyways, it's better than nothing.

At least, I hope so. They better don't piss us and King Mark off. ;)

It would be great if they left out the least crusade and skulls and concentrated on the two great scores

No it damn well wouldn't be. Well, maybe Skull.

Only 4 CDs is disappointing compared to what it could've been, but if they fill the CDs completely, we should get the lion's share of both scores.

I'm with KM about the LC boot. Last thing I really want to to is go filling in the gaps with those craptastic sounding cues. Hopefully if they're chosen well, we won't feel the need to.

Someone over at Movie Music said that Amazon lists it at $60.00 for the box set. I just checked Amazon and couldn't find it. It might be under another listing.

Edit: I think it was the DVD box set that the person was looking at. Amazon doesn't list the soundtrack set yet.

Someone over at Movie Music said that Amazon lists it at $60.00 for the box set. I just checked Amazon and couldn't find it. It might be under another listing.

Edit: I think it was the DVD box set that the person was looking at. Amazon doesn't list the soundtrack set yet.

Also... Amazon shows "Loveless Records" as the label (the German Amazon shows Concord). Weird.

I'm weak. I ordered it. I also selected free shipping. Hopefully this will get some drastic price cuts.

Neil

Kingdom of the Crystal Skull had two serious price cuts after I preordered it. Initially it was listed at $18.99. By the time it shipped, it was down to $9.99. This is really old news but I thought it might be relevant to the subject of the box's price. No guarantee this is going to happen with the set though.

I'm weak. I ordered it. I also selected free shipping. Hopefully this will get some drastic price cuts.

Neil

I'm going to wait for other sites to put up their prices. I try to order CDs from sites like moviemusic.com and screenarchives.com, but sometimes you can't pass up Amazon's bargain bin prices. Except, in this case, it's really overpriced...

What no one is panacking because Amazon lists it as 4 discs?

Wouldn't it be funny if they put about 10 minutes on each disc of TOD & LC of Williams talking?

There's your interviews. :lol:

I thinki we can speculate on price.

If one cd is priced 9$ if sold separately, how many cd's can be in the set sold for 60$?

Usually price of box sets is less than single cds' prices.

Why are we worrying, really?

We're getting expanded Indiana Jones music, which is almost guaranteed to be more and better sounding music than we've had since, bootleg or otherwise. This is the kind of release that long before the rumours of a fourth Indy film reignited interest in the franchise, people would've cut off body parts for LucasFilm to take seriously at making. Thus any number of discs at just about any cost would be welcome. I'd be very willing to pay LOTR CR prices for a LOTR CR caliber release, but that's absolute best case scenario in fantasyland.

Who's worried?

We know we are getting an expanded version of Raiders, we know TOD & LC are being released (no matter how much music is on there) for people who missed out on the originals.

If they are only released with only 10 minutes of additional music the world will still go on and I won't lose any sleep over it. I've got more than enough film music at my hands to last a lifetime. I've been waiting some 20 years for TOD & LC's missing music and have managed to survive and live without it so it really won't matter in the long run.

I'm ordering when the price goes down, plus I'm about to earn another $25 Amazon gift card from my rewards VISA. I'll wait until then, hopefully I won't be paying more than $20 for this.

I'm ordering when the price goes down, plus I'm about to earn another $25 Amazon gift card from my rewards VISA. I'll wait until then, hopefully I won't be paying more than $20 for this.

Go ahead and wait for your gift card, but I'd go ahead and pre-order once you get that. I regularly order Doctor Who DVDs from Amazon, and if the price drops between when I pre-order and when it ships, they only charge me the lower price. I would imagine it's the same for any pre-order.

Go ahead and wait for your gift card, but I'd go ahead and pre-order once you get that. I regularly order Doctor Who DVDs from Amazon, and if the price drops between when I pre-order and when it ships, they only charge me the lower price. I would imagine it's the same for any pre-order.

I'm aware.

I'm aware.

OK, just tryin' ta help.

I preordered it through Amazon. I did next day shipping so it'll be here the day after it's released.

the amazon sales rank is up to #261. It was in the 17,000 range last night.