Indiana Jones: The Soundtracks Collection (OFFICIAL thread)

Erik Woods

Compared to The Last Crusade OST, the music in the film itself sounds much clearer. The remastered Last Crusade should sound noticeably better than the OST.

How could the interview be worth an entire CD? The JW interview should be 10-20 minutes, which leaves another hour open for more unreleased music.

Why doesn't Concord release the track listing? Could the set's cue inclusions still be undetermined? Or are they just building the suspense...

How could the interview be worth an entire CD. The JW interview should be 10-20 minutes, which leave another hour open for more unreleased music.

That is my hope, that the bonus disc will contain the interview as well as other goodies. Source music, alternates, etc. I'm not counting on it, but until we get a track list it remains a possibility.

Unless it's a bonus 3" CD.

Neil - who is just speculating and has no insider knowledge about this set

What's that? You're saying ToD and LC will be 3" CDs with only twenty minutes of music on them? By God! Somebody get AICN on the phone!

It is possible that the reason for the track listings not being released yet is that the track names may require final approval from Lucasfilm. It could very well be hung up by somebody trying to decide if "Chaos Underground" is a better title than "Underground Chaos".

They probably have until the neighborhood of October 20 before everything has to be locked down. I'm not expecting any news from Concord until then. Hoping for, certainly, but not expecting.

And, another thing I'm waiting for is word on why I would want to buy the boxed set versus the individual titles. One on-line retailer (SAE, I think) has the new Raiders at $9. If TOD and LC are both sold for $19 each (which considering the cost of Raiders and Skull are currently getting, seems a bit high), then I can get the remastered trilogy for $47, roughly the same cost of the box set but without a second copy of Skull.

And, another thing I'm waiting for is word on why I would want to buy the boxed set versus the individual titles. One on-line retailer (SAE, I think) has the new Raiders at $9. If TOD and LC are both sold for $19 each (which considering the cost of Raiders and Skull are currently getting, seems a bit high), then I can get the remastered trilogy for $47, roughly the same cost of the box set but without a second copy of Skull.

Oooh, but then you'd be missing the "bonus interview CD with composer John Williams on the making of this historic music" as well as the "handsome embossed slip case" and the "full color booklet"! :lol:

Am I the only one who would rather NOT have an interview disc? I love JW's music, but he's not the most engaging personality, what with diplomacy and all.

If it costs me nothing extra to have it, and it doesn't prevent us from getting further unreleased cues... I don't mind having it. I'll probably listen to it once.

It will probably collect dust. I have yet to even listen to the bonus disc that came with the Star Trek TMP 20th Anniversary set. And that was what, 10 years ago?

In case of Temple, they can drop Anything Goes! Instead they should include all the exciting John Williams action music! :)

And drop the music to the best opening titles of the series?

Generally, with any re-release omitting previously released music will result in complaints.

Indeed.

Why doesn't Concord release the track listing? Could the set's cue inclusions still be undetermined? Or are they just building the suspense...

Maybe they are just about to go bankrupt

Generally, with any re-release omitting previously released music will result in complaints.

Indeed.

Really, in this case, i wouldnt mind them omiting all the released music and then release these discs as Volume 2, containing all of the remaining music.

As long as the sound quality matched the OST's.

I dont want half of it sounding good and the other half bad...

the rest of the disk is Williams humming the unreleased music

:) Now there would be some genuine entertainment!

So, there will be expanded tracks as well as music never heard before ...? I guess the "never heard before" is referring to "never heard before on CD"; I don't imagine they would include alternates with only four discs available.

at this time but there are extended versions as well as ,on the 5th disk ,

never before released tracks as well.

Regards,

Brandi

CMG Customer Service

Maybe that's what she means

at this time but there are extended versions as well as ,on the 5th disk ,

never before released tracks as well.

Regards,

Brandi

CMG Customer Service

Maybe that's what she means

I don't think so.

Raiders comes with never before released tracks.

Indeed.

Really, in this case, i wouldnt mind them omiting all the released music and then release these discs as Volume 2, containing all of the remaining music.

A product like that only targets a tiny section of the already small soundtrack buyers market

My guess is that the lack of track listings means they are still working on the albums. Perhaps the idea of expanding them wasn't the original re-release plan. It could have been a later decision as a result of the overwhelming feedback they received.

Anyway, just more wild speculation—because clearly this thread needs more.

yeah,well i just hope they're reading this thread,so they get more ideas on how to properly release this .If they want to stop new bootlegs especially LC just release all the music

It will probably collect dust. I have yet to even listen to the bonus disc that came with the Star Trek TMP 20th Anniversary set. And that was what, 10 years ago?

You really should check it out sometime, fun stuff.

My guess is that the lack of track listings means they are still working on the albums. Perhaps the idea of expanding them wasn't the original re-release plan. It could have been a later decision as a result of the overwhelming feedback they received.

In that case, you should expect the release date to be delayed considerably, since they'd have to produce the CDs first.

I rather think they either haven't finalised the track titles yet (though I guess that might still mean a problem in getting the packaging ready in time) or they just haven't been cleared for a press release yet.

Banning Back Home should be omitted before all other cues.

No! I'd spare We don't want to grow up though.

Chris, who will be happy with any release of IJ music he gets, because he has not a single original cd of it so far.

Banning Back Home should be omitted before all other cues.

No! I'd spare We don't want to grow up though.

I'd say the piano intro alone is enough to keep that track.

Cut the thing in half then. Keep the piano intro, but get rid of the sappy singing brats.

Fair enough. There is better (and more important) material that could take its' place.

What's this?

Raiders of the Lost Ark

9a1bsz1.th.jpg

Temple of Doom

971c1nk3.th.jpg b2301an0.th.jpg

Last Crusade

bb611pa9.th.jpg 001bdo0.th.jpg

d4631qr1.th.jpg b2681tk4.th.jpg

I see that these have been released. Hmm. We're only waiting for a box? :cool: BTW, my 1st post, hello everyone!

Was that guy for real? LOL. Whoever it was should 'fess up. :cool:

Seriosuly though, how could anyone think that was legit? the art looked so unprofessional....

I saw that TOD one on Amazon once (as user-submitted cover art). I reported it, though, and I think they took it down.