Indiana Jones: The Soundtracks Collection (OFFICIAL thread)

Erik Woods

I've tried writing with my right hand. Can barely even hold the pen properly let alone write legibly.

When I had my left wrist operated on, I had to write with my right and my boss said that a couple of my co-workers handwriting was worse than me writing wrong-handed.

On occasion I work a crossword puzzle right-handed while eating with my left. Multitasking, baby.

They should just post the tracklist since the set is available for pre-order and a lot of people have bought it in blind faith ,including me .As if the set wasn't finalized by now...

K.M.Pretty sure there going to find a way to screw this up

Well there is no doubt that the set is finalized at this point. I have to assume that, seeing as it will be a mass market release, it should be entering the manufacturing phase by now.

And, hopefully, by "limited edition" they mean the same thing as the so-called limited edition Star Wars DVD releases. I still see them at Wal-Mart and Target!

A bootleg is a bootleg, there is no such thing as a "legit" bootleg.

LC is the only score to have additional cues, albeit poor sounding, leaked. Anything else is from DVD, Laserdisc, VHS rips.

The Raiders disc adds the expanded Well Of The Souls cue. And I believe some of them might have concert versions added.

There's a complete Raiders boot out there too. It's got everything but the Cairo source music.

That was the bootleg that I leaked. I'm amazed that it's made the rounds as much as it has.

I'm happy/flattered that the "official" release is using some of my track names. :P

That was the bootleg that I leaked. I'm amazed that it's made the rounds as much as it has.

Can you explain to us why the sound on these bootlegs is like when I used to put my cassette recorder next to the TV speaker?

Can you explain to us why the sound on these bootlegs is like when I used to put my cassette recorder next to the TV speaker?

Coz that is how we recorded it, silly.

yeah,but I've always been curious how these Williams boots were recorded...Last Crusade,Hook, BotFJ ....and why they sound like crap compared to the studio quality Jerry Goldsmith and James Horner boots.

Actually not all of Goldsmith's boots sound that clear, there just seems to be more of his music leaked.

But from what was posted over at FSM today (on the main page) there is a chance that the labels originally planned a longer release on some scores only to have Goldsmith veto certain cues. So maybe the music was already mixed properly and ready to go.

Another reason could be that someone on Goldsmith's staff was responsible for leaking the music.

Pictures of the box set!!!!!!! No track listing.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00...2ZU/jwfancom-20

Ohhh, I blew up the picture and it looks like the 5th disc on the left says interviews and more music from IJ!!!!!!

Oh God, Last Crusade cover art! ;)

Actually... they centered it, so it looks a bit better now.

Ohhh, I blew up the picture and it looks like the 5th disc on the left says interviews and more music from IJ!!!!!!

Oh man oh man oh man.

Look at the top left. "Interviews and more music from Indiana Jones". Soooooo...are ToD and LC just the original OSTs with a few unreleased cues on the 5th disc?

EDIT- I see Mark noticed it too.

Hell yeah! ;)

Too bad about that Crusade cover art though.

Ehhhh who cares about the cover art, I just want the damn music. ;)

I'm pretty sure all scores are expanded with additional alternates and suites on the bonus disc. Remember, they went retro with all the original cover art. I don't understand why they don't just release the track listing.

Yes I agree but you just know someone is going to panic and think all the bonus music is on the 5th disc.

Probably means JWFan gets a small share when you order through that link.

Look at the top left. "Interviews and more music from Indiana Jones". Soooooo...are ToD and LC just the original OSTs with a few unreleased cues on the 5th disc?

Yes, that *could* be the case.

oh, boy ,they must have read my posts and added the remaining music on the 5th disk

i'm really thrilled now

"We appreciate your interest in Concord Music Group. There will

be 4 CD's available in the box set mentioned. The actual track listing

is not available at this time but there are extended versions AS WELL as

never before released tracks as well. If you have any additional

questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us at your

convenience.

Regards,

Brandi

CMG Customer Service"

that's what she said .Extended soundtracks + unreleased extra tracks .

They actually have space on the 5th disk to put ALL the unreleased music ,unlike the Star Wars Anthology Box .And it could also include unreleased music from KotCS. We can also deduct that the ToD and Last Crusade disks are filled to capacity,if they have to fit the extra cues on the 5th disk.

Fantastic news!

I guess everything depends on how long the JW interview is.

Oh God, Last Crusade cover art! :folder:

Amen!

They just seem to be giving us everything but the tracklist.

Actually we have no real valid info on anything other than an expanded tracklisting for Raiders and pictures that may suggest an Anthology styled release.