Indiana Jones: The Soundtracks Collection (OFFICIAL thread)

Erik Woods

It's impossible.

Why?

Because everything let's think that a grat job has been done.

They make a fifth cd with unreleased music from TOD and LC, fillm Raiders' cd with very few minutes, and leave untouched original TOD and LC editions?

Why they can put tracks in cd 5 and cannot do the same in cd 2 and 3?

If raiders would have been the same of DCC maybe we can discuss about this possibility, but there is much avidence that a great job has been made.

(And Concord's employees are enjoying this unbelievable thread, I am sure, and won't release track listings until 11/11 ROTFLMAO )

I hope it is an anthology like release...

Why expand the lengthiest OT OST, and dont do it for the tow other shorter ones?

reuse fees! ;)

If this were the facts, there wouldn't be any disc 5.

Why expand the lengthiest OT OST, and dont do it for the tow other shorter ones?

reuse fees! ROTFLMAO

why those reuse fees dont aplly for the 5th disc?

Once you pay them, payment could mean for the whole work, i dont think its paid on a track by track basis...

Once you pay them, payment could mean for the whole work, i dont think its paid on a track by track basis...

Exactly.

Moreover, we know from official Concord's words, that TOD and LC will be REMASTERED and EXPANDED: I don't think that simple making a disc n°5 means "expanded" scores.

Disc 2 and 3 will be expanded.

Here's the track list I predict to ease everyones concerns:

Disc 1:

1. In the Jungle

2. The Idol Temple

3. Escape from the Temple

4. Flight from Peru

5. Washington Men/Indy's Home

6. A Thought for Marion/To Nepal

7. The Medallion

8. Flight to Cairo

9. The Basket Game

10 Bad Dates

11. The Map Room/Dawn

12. Reunion in the Tent/Searching for the Well

13. The Well of the Souls

14. Indy Rides the Statue

15. The Fist Fight/The Flying Wing

16. Desert Chase

17. Marion's Theme/The Crate

18. The German Sub

19. Ride to the Nazi Hideout

20. Indy Follows the Ark

21. The Miracle of the Ark

22. Washington Ending & Raiders March

Disc 2:

1. Anything Goes

2. Fast Streets of Shanghai

3. Nocturnal Activities

4. Shortround's Theme

5. Children in Chains

6. Slalom on Mt. Humol

7. The Temple of Doom

8. Bug Tunnel and Death Trap

9. Slave Children's Crusade

10. The Mine Car Chase

11. Finale and End Credits

Disc 3:

1. Indy's Very First Adventure

2. X Marks The Spot

3. Scherzo For Motorcycle And Orchestra

4. Ah, Rats!!!

5. Escape From Venice

6. No Ticket

7. The Keeper Of The Grail

8. Keeping Up With The Joneses

9. Brother Of The Cruciform Sword

10. Belly Of The Steel Beast

11. The Canyon Of The Crescent Moon

12. The Penitent Man Will Pass

13. End Credits (Raiders March)

Disc 4:

1. Raiders March

2. Call Of The Crystal

3. The Adventures Of Mutt

4. Irina's Theme

5. The Snake Pit

6. The Spell Of The Skull

7. The Journey To Akator

8. A Whirl Through Academe

9. "Return"

10. The Jungle Chase

11. Orellana's Cradle

12. Grave Robbers

13. Hidden Treasure/The City Of Gold

14. Secret Doors/Scorpions

15. Oxley's Dilemma

16. Ants!

17. The Temple Ruins/The Secret Revealed

18. The Departure

19. Finale

Disc 5:

1. John Williams Interview 32:00

2. "Anything Goes" - Instrumental 2:49

3. "Anything Goes" - English Version 2:49

4. "Thugee Chant Outtakes" 12:00

5. "Raiders March" 2:50

6. "Cairo Source Music" 3:30

7. "Pankot Palace Dinner Music" 4:50

8. "Der Koniggratzer" 3:01

9. "Iskenderun Source Music" 2:00

Neil

ROTFLMAO

reuse fees! ROTFLMAO

Re-use fees are paid for in 15 minute blocks.

Neil

You know Peter Jackson wanted to release The Production Diaries of the Lord of the Rings Trilogy as a 2 DVD set (just like he did with King Kong) but the contract clearly said:

"Making-Of Content of the LotR are only allowed to be released together with the film as Bonus disc, not alone!"

-----> so the Limited Editions were born.

Maybe it says inthe Contract oof INdy:

"Unreleased music can only be released on a special bonusdisc together with an interview!"

and I feel very stupid for stating now.. No this is not a serious post by me!!(well the LOTR part is the truth though!) but I have to because someone will answer this: "No, nooo MissPadme, this is unlogical!" and think I was being serious

I will tell you whats unlogical.. your hysteria!!

I'm reminded of Robert Townson's interview in the latest issue of FSM.

He essentially said: "Why would anyone complain about this gift of great music? In many cases, music that's never before been available."

But then he went to the message boards, and discovered just how ungrateful/cruel people can be...

damn...

I just preordered the thing anyway...

What d'you mean 'damn'?

These are staggering mood swings. No disrespect to Neil, I'm sure he does know stuff about the industry, but until I see official, verified information about this release, I see no point in constantly arguing and applying mathematical logic to every sentence Concord gives us.

Yeah, Neil isn't helping right now. Whether he knows something or not, with proof to back up its just conjecture adding to the fire of a already heated discussion. Personally, I want the discs filled to capacity, not only as a film music fan but a fan of Indy in general. Not owning any of the soundtracks, it will be great to finally have the music that I grew up on. But until something is officially stated, things like Neil's post are only going to sway the discussion into a different direction, eventually leading of course, likely leading to a Hans Zimmer discussion at some point (you know who will bring it up eventually). As for now, I think this thread should just be given a rest for a few days for people to back off and take a breath.

Not the easiest thing in the world I know....especially for this crew. :|

The price is creeping up folks...

It's gone up to $49.99 on Amazon. I ordered mine last week when it was still $47.99, and they will honour that price with my order. I would recommend anyone who is remotely interested in this to pre-order now while the price is still reasonably low. If after the final tracklist is released you no longer want to buy it you can always cancel your order.

All Neil did was post the original album tracks and the new track list for Raiders.

It's been suggested awhile back that people just chill and wait for Concord to make the rest of the info available but since no one wants to.....

Mark - it's his general way of posting in a "I'm stating a direct fact" manner (like Joe, but without the swearing :| ), whether or not it's an opinion, which I think is causing half the controversy in this thread.

Someone will skim past, see that post and its zillions of quotes, and start the "why are we only getting the OSTs" complaint again... it just goes round in circles, when none of it is more than wild speculation.

This thread won't rest until the tracklist comes, but I'm trying my hardest not to bicker.

All Neil did was post the original album tracks and the new track list for Raiders.

It's been suggested awhile back that people just chill and wait for Concord to make the rest of the info available but since no one wants to.....

Pfff, patience and rationality is for losers.

:|

"Indiana Jons is a professor, so what is more academic than a waltz I thought. but he travels alot this why I used the duduk, to resemble this ethnic part of his life."

Ahhh good old times, when Hansi wasn't ruling Hollywood!

"Indiana Jons is a professor, so what is more academic than a waltz I thought. but he travels alot this why I used the duduk, to resemble this ethnic part of his life."

:|

Ahhh good old times, when Hansi wasn't ruling Hollywood!

We wouldn't have anyone else to make fun of then, would we?

Well when the tracklist does become available this board is either going to be very happy or this thread will turn ugly and go downhill quickly.

Yes the tracklist for The Dark Knight was out pretty early as I recall!

But there is one difference between Zimmer Osts and TOD;

I want the forty min album of TOD to be expanded, but the standard 40 min Zimmer album shall be reduced!!

Well when the tracklist does become available this board is either going to be very happy or this thread will turn ugly and go downhill quickly.

I thought it had already done it... couple of times...

I am preety confident that most of us will be quite content with what will be available. It's Williams' IJ music afterall in an expanded form and - hopefully - in good sound quality. For me it's finally a chance to purchase the original albums so I won't get too anal about the tracks that may not find their place on any cd...

I wonder if Hans Zimmer is looking forward to this set too? h is qiet a fan!

Nah, I'm sure his fan Steve Spielberg will have given him full access to all the recordings he wanted, a long time ago.

Kind of a preparation.

This Interview will be a waste of space, not because it is a interview, but because it isn't a new one. It will be the one from the new or the old DVD. I predict it.

yes, that I am sure of

I fail to see the difference between me speculating about getting the OSTs and others proclaiming these will be 80 minute discs filled to capacity. Nobody at this board knows and we're all going from the same information out there and interpreting it differently. My reasoning is a little more real world though.

Of course I'd love to be wrong.

Neil

Nah, I'm sure his fan Steve Spielberg will have given him full access to all the recordings he wanted, a long time ago.

Kind of a preparation.

Isn't/wasn't Zimmer head of the Dreamworks music department??

Kind of a preparation.

Too bad that Steve didn't employ Zimmer to score Saving private Ryan... Some good power anthem would add more live to that pic... :|

I fail to see the difference between me speculating about getting the OSTs and others proclaiming these will be 80 minute discs filled to capacity. Nobody at this board knows and we're all going from the same information out there and interpreting it differently. My reasoning is a little more real world though.

Of course I'd love to be wrong.

Neil

I hope so too, but I've got a feeling you're not.

the only problem,why would they release individual TOD and LC album with no unreleased music when they release some in the box set? Who's going to buy that?

It's like going after the "stupid people market" who have no idea there is also a box set or read the track list after they buy the c.d.

Anyone on this message board representing the "walmart shopper" these sets are apparently aimed at want to skip the box set and buy the unexpanded ToD and LC individual c.d.'s ? Anyone??

If you prepare for the worst and make yourself believe it, anything beyond that should just make you that much happier. But if you expect everything and fall just short, that's when the whining starts.

Don't mistake Neil's cautious optimism for pessimism.

the only problem,why would they release individual TOD and LC album with no unreleased music when they release some in the box set? Who's going to buy that?

It's like going after the "ignorant market" who have no idea there is also a box set or read the track list after they buy the c.d.

I don't think that they are big sellers anyway. the average guy buys: "The INdy Jons Story" which features all four scores, and the great hummable theme tune.

most of them don't even hear this isn't a real orchestra.

Maybe I will just download the unreleased bits. I have already 8 indiana Jones albums at home, the 2003 DVDs, the german VHS trilogy, the English VHS Trilogy, the new INdy DVDs.

I gave them enough money, hell!