Indiana Jones: The Soundtracks Collection (OFFICIAL thread)

Erik Woods

I honestly don't care about the induvidual releases, just what's in the box.

Same here. I'm officially done with this thread now given Soundtrack.net's information. I'm just gonna sit back in my own corner of the message board and wait for my copy to come in November.

No this never occured to me. in fact the amazn.com items often arrive faster than the german (within 3 days!). also I order them a gift. they never opened anything

Perhaps I should have my stuff shipped to my grandparents in Carinthia to skip the customs...

the only thing that doesnt make sense is they say they are exclusive to the box set, but clearly radiers is getting a seperate release, so its not exactly exclusive.

Precisely.

Neil

For the first time ever all four Indiana Jones soundtrack albums are available in this limited edition collectible CD boxed set! Exclusive to this set are expanded and remastered versions of Raiders of the Lost Ark, Indiana Jones & The Temple Doom, and Indiana Jones & The Last Crusade.

What's wrong with you people?

The first press release said the three were going to be expanded, the second one said they were going to be expanded, Amazon says they will be expanded, and that took 20 pages to sink into your brains?

And now Soundtrack.net states clearly they will be expanded (take note, nitpickers, it even mentions the non- expanded KOTCS separately), and some of you still don't get it?

They are going through the troubles of expanding a 72 minutes album, but not the 40 minutes one. Right.

So, if you are talking about not having a clear understanding of English, maybe you should take a good, hard look into the mirror.

Seriously, what's going on here?

Did you really allow George Lucas' evil plans (or what you think they are) to rape your good judgement to this extent?

For the first time since you first pushed the "Play" button on an Indiana Jones score you have the prospect of owning remastered CDs of the entire three scores, and you bitch about what exactly? Your failure of understanding a press release? Track lists not available yet? Some of you earnestly lack a good deal of gratitude!

King Mark, you keep on whining, and yet you say you are "forced to buy it" because you are a Williams collector? If you don't like the product, don't buy it! And if you buy it, the inevitable truth is the set has something you like. And if you're a true collector, you should be pleased that a nice set like this is being released; because this isn't the fifth re-release of the Star Wars soundtracks, it's the first three Indiana Jones scores being made available again since many many years - remastered, expanded.

Some people even happily buy video games because you may be able to extract a few crapy 20 second files of unreleased music, but you can't appreciate this release?

So for dear god's sake, stop the bickering and summon some enthusiasm!

No it is you who are mistaken, about a great mayn Thingssss!" Fatty!

NOONE doubts these will be expanded NOONE.. you don't get it

thre is just one mistake everybody is curious about. that exclusive thing

If you don't like the product, don't buy it!

wow I am impressed.. I never thought of that, actually think I have heard peopl say this sentence about uhmm 1000000 times? they think they are wise when they say something like that. but it is not that easy if people a passion for something, they care about.

JWFAN.net has found a new voice of reason: Fatty McButterpants.. oh hear th glorious name, and the message he proclaims, calmness will spread the whole board, simply because he is there!!

wow I am impressed.. I never thought of that, actually think I have heard peopl say this sentence about uhmm 1000000 times? they think they are wise when they say something like that. but it is not that easy if people a passion for something, they care about.

i think a lot of people are in fact buying this considering its #100 in music (CD) sales at amazon....not soudntracks....music.

wow I am impressed.. I never thought, actually think I have heard peopl say this sentence about uhmm 1000000 times? they think they are wise when they say something like that. but it is not that easy if you have a passion for something, they care about.

I don't think I'm wise, but truth is, you don't like it, you don't buy it. You can hate the product and complain about it all you like because you're passionate about it, fine. But when you complain and are still buying it, you're pretentious.

JWFAN.net has found a new voice of reason: Fatty McButterpants.. oh hear th glorious name, and the message he proclaims, calmness will spread the whole board, simply because he is there!!

:lol:

You are known to hold a few prayers yourself, no?

i think a lot of people are in fact buying this considering its #100 in music (CD) sales at amazon....not soudntracks....music.

you know what this says nothing, exept that CD sales aren't very high in general these times

wow I am impressed.. I never thought, actually think I have heard peopl say this sentence about uhmm 1000000 times? they think they are wise when they say something like that. but it is not that easy if you have a passion for something, they care about.

I don't think I'm wise, but truth is, you don't like it, you don't buy it. You can hate the product and complain about it all you like because you're passionate about it, fine. But when you complain and are still buying it, you're pretentious.

Ok whatever.. but do you see the fact I pointed out, that your whole post was a waste of time, because you thought people doubt these will be expanded? but in fact they know.. you didn't get it, you were driven by your anger at the nerds!

"Go with your Blahblah to a blahblaologist!"

What the hell? I thought Soundtrack.net's article cleared everything up. The first three discs are expanded, and the fifth disc contains "additional, previously unreleased music."

YOU GO GIRL!

:lol: thank you, I wasn't sure what this means so I looked in the urban dictionary:

:) sorry....

While originally meant to be a "hip" way of telling a female friend that she has done the right thing, it has devolved into a moronic cliche used by idiots to sound hip, or by lampooners to underscore just how little respect the networks have for their viewers.

so but now we need the tracklist and Quint plaesa download the whol set via torrent in mid october or so..

I fail to see the difference between me speculating about getting the OSTs and others proclaiming these will be 80 minute discs filled to capacity. Nobody at this board knows and we're all going from the same information out there and interpreting it differently. My reasoning is a little more real world though.

Of course I'd love to be wrong.

Neil

Well you know those of us who live in the real world have no idea what we are talking about.

Exclusive to this set are expanded and remastered versions of the original soundtracks for the first three films. The set will also include a bonus CD featuring additional previously unreleased music from the films...

Yeah...

Quoting the soundtrack.net news:

"Bouzereau says. "I felt I had come full circle when I was asked to collaborate on assembling expanded CD soundtrack albums for Raiders of the Lost Ark, Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, and Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. The result represents a unique musical experience for listeners and fans of the now-classic film series that stimulates the imagination and makes you want to watch the films again.""

So, if Laurent Bouzereau himself said that we'll have expandend albums, it's safe to say that the unreleased music will not be in the 5th disc only!!! And also, at the end of this (wonderfull) news, it says: "Submitted by Catie Monck (catie.monck@concordmusicgroup.com)". I don't know if this brings (or takes away) any credibility.

Oh, by the way, I see some of you guys complaining about this box not being 100% of exclusive CDs because Raiders of the Lost Ark is gonna be available separatly. Who cares about such details? We're definitely getting expanded Indiana Jones classic scores anyway, for God sakes!!!

So, a few people actually realised the obvious after the Soundtrack.net article on the last page (which said exactly the same as the two press releases before, and replies from Concord afterwards) - fantastic!

So what?

Those few bright spots don't make up for the breathtaking insanity, and sometimes downright idiocy, of the 20 pages before that, my comments still stand.

I feel ever so slightly affirmed in that when I read the childish name- calling and comments like "Whatever".

Mr. Cosman, do you have something constructive to add, or at least half- constructive like the "GO GIRL" girl?

Oh, by the way, I see some of you guys complaining about this box not being 100% of exclusive CDs because Raiders of the Lost Ark is gonna be available separatly. Who cares about such details? We're definitely getting expanded Indiana Jones classic scores anyway, for God sakes!!!

The problem is that if they can't get a thing like understanding what's an exclusive and what isn't in a press release, it opens up all sorts of possibilities for potential problems with this set. I hope it's great. I hope it's everything everyone wants and that it's awesome. But until we get a track list there are still many questions about this set and no amount of FMB's grandstanding and finger pointing will ease those concerns.

Neil

exclusive isn't even an english word!

Just because it isn't in your urban dictionary, doesn't mean it isn't English.

"Exclusive" is just a marketing buzzword that I pay no attention to. If you want to have some fun, check out the footage of George Carlin talking about them buzzwords. His "servicing the customer" was a little too spot on, which made it all the funnier.

The problem is that if they can't get a thing like understanding what's an exclusive and what isn't in a press release, it opens up all sorts of possibilities for potential problems with this set. I hope it's great. I hope it's everything everyone wants and that it's awesome. But until we get a track list there are still many questions about this set and no amount of FMB's grandstanding and finger pointing will ease those concerns.

Neil

I agree with you, Neil. A well-written press release would reduce this 47 pages thread to a 18 or 20 pages thread, at MAX.

But, I don't know... It's the producer Laurent Bouzereau himself saying "expanded albums", and this affirmation being posted by some Catie Monck from Concord Records... this sort of changed my hopes, you know...

I will also point out that Tower Records Japan has all 3 discs up individually with track listings but they are the original album listings, with the exception of Raiders which has two listings, the Oct 14th release and one with the DCC album tracks.

All are on the Concord label, but no box set is listed.

However I do think the new press release clears up some unanswered questions. To me it seems this release is closer to the Star Wars Anthology box set.

Neil

I'm not pointing fingers, I'm just pointing out and articulating what every other sane person is able to see.

Neil

I agree with you, Neil. A well-written press release would reduce this 47 pages thread to a 18 or 20 pages thread, at MAX.

I don't think so.

I will put it together for the still confused: the box will be released on the 11th of November with expanded versions of the three originals, plus a disc with JW interviews and additional unreleased music.

Raiders Of The Lost Ark will be further expanded and released individually in October.

Remastered and expanded versions of Temple Of Doom and Last Crusade will be exclusive to the box set until they are released individually at the end of this year or early in the next.

Clear enough now?

Neil

But, I don't know... It's the producer Laurent Bouzereau himself saying "expanded albums", and this affirmation being posted by some Catie Monck from Concord Records... this sort of changed my hopes, you know...

And now that a producer has been named we know who was supposedly responsible for seeing that the release was handled correctly. Good job.

I just stumbled across this thread, don't know how I missed it. So there's going to be an Indy music set with the original soundtrack releases and a bonus interview? That's lame.

However I do think the new press release clears up some unanswered questions. To me it seems this release is closer to the Star Wars Anthology box set.

Yes... and for those still trying to squeeze some clear logic out of the original press release: If it is indeed the case that both the score CDs themselves are expanded and the bonus disc contains additional unreleased score material, you could call the "fully expanded" scores exclusive to the set even if the expanded CDs are available separately, because you only get the bonus disc stuff with the full set.

yes,but it doesn't mention music on disk 5!!!

Luckily, we have photographic evidence that disc five contains some sort of music.

It say More music from INDIANA JONES.

So it will be music sung or performed by Indiana Jones himself I suppose. Or INdy has picked some tracks from his favourite recordings. That's what it says: music from INdiana Jones

:rolleyes:

hmm,ok,I leave a few hours and now everything is much clearer

Laurent Bouzereau did a very good job on Jaws and excellent job on CE3K (notably for picking the Special Edition End Credits) but picked a few wrong takes for E.T. (E.T. is Dying and Goodbye) . Apart from that I'm sure he knows the good cues better than the guy who assembled RotS and KotCS.

I now change back my prediction to the first 3 scores probably being nearly complete .Star Wars OT had TOO much music to fit on 4 disks. With Indy it's possible.And there might be unreleased KotCS music on disk 4

Now ,I hope I don't go deaf or die before November 11

I just stumbled across this thread, don't know how I missed it. So there's going to be an Indy music set with the original soundtrack releases and a bonus interview? That's lame.

I may be missing a joke here, but if not: no, that is not correct. The new set is confirmed to contain additional music. Exactly how much, though, is still yet to be determined, and is the subject of (far too much) speculation.

I may be missing a joke here, but if not: no, that is not correct. The new set is confirmed to contain additional music. Exactly how much, though, is still yet to be determined, and is the subject of (far too much) speculation.

Just trying to make Fatty McButterpants' head explode :rolleyes:

Just trying to make Fatty McButterpants' head explode wink.gif

So that's a "yes, I missed a joke." Got it now. :rolleyes:

Ozzel - hoping for a tracklist soon, if only for everyone's sanity

So, a few people actually realised the obvious after the Soundtrack.net article on the last page (which said exactly the same as the two press releases before, and replies from Concord afterwards) - fantastic!

So what?

Those few bright spots don't make up for the breathtaking insanity, and sometimes downright idiocy, of the 20 pages before that, my comments still stand.

I feel ever so slightly affirmed in that when I read the childish name- calling and comments like "Whatever".

Mr. Cosman, do you have something constructive to add, or at least half- constructive like the "GO GIRL" girl?

Look you are talking about a board that didn't believe Williams compose Hedwig's Theme (in the HPSS teaser trailer) untill we saw an official confirmation on the poster

They'll put most of the Last Crusade cues that didn't fit on disk 3

Now I think the only music we might still be missing are source cues

I'm not so sure about that. There are a lot of alternative cues from Last Crusade.

Try harder.

Neil

Try harder.

Neil

indiana_jones_ark.jpg