Indiana Jones: The Soundtracks Collection (OFFICIAL thread)

Erik Woods

And the strange thing about that cue is that middle section with the great Nazi march play rips perfectly off the DVD, totally clean, while the rest of the cue is very SFX laden. I'm really looking forward to hearing it. Hell, I'm really looking forward to hearing it all.

Those track lists look fantastic! :) Very well put together expanded single CD versions of the scores! At a quick glance most of my favourite cues are on those single discs, excluding "The Wrong Chalice/Papa Jones is Healed" with its best rendition of the Grail theme. But then again there is too much great unreleased stuff on the CDs to gripe about that :D

And we still have the 5th disc track list to wait for. Let's hope they have that one shock full of unreleased music!

Those track lists look fantastic! :) Very well put together expanded single CD versions of the scores! At a quick glance most of my favourite cues are on those single discs, excluding "The Wrong Chalice/Papa Jones is Healed" with its best rendition of the Grail theme. But then again there is too much great unreleased stuff on the CDs to gripe about that :D

And we still have the 5th disc track list to wait for. Let's hope they have that one shock full of unreleased music!

If we get that track, ther village tracks from TOD, the second part of the Well of Souls, and few more from TLC (featuring mostly the Grail theme), this set will trully be close to perfection.

Why do you have two StarWars Anthology?

I found an additional Anthology for $1.99, and couldn't pass it up. Really, that's the only reason I have it. It had been used, and when I opened it, a receipt fell out from a Sam Goody in Pennsylvania, where the original owner paid $59.99.

Anyways, YES! TRACKLIST! It feels like November will be Christmas to me, and I'm a little gentile boy. Anyways, now I have to ask myself a very hard question:

"Jeff, will you have it in you to NOT open it but have it put away so that it can be under the tree on Christmas morning?"

I mean, completely not even be able to hold it or look at it. :)

"Jeff, will you have it in you to NOT open it but have it put away so that it can be under the tree on Christmas morning?"

Waiting more than a month to open this holy grail of a release? Visiting this forum every week and seeing all the fanboys gush over how brilliant the music is?

Good luck.

Having said that, it would be a brilliant thing to have under the tree. :)

Waiting more than a month to open this holy grail of a release? Visiting this forum every week and seeing all the fanboys gush over how brilliant the music is?

Good luck.

I would definitely not be able to visit this site during the time until xmas. All of you would be like little red devils on my shoulder, tempting me to unshackle the treasure. Man, this is gonna be good.

By the way, how do you think JW feels about this? Do you think he feels a little inner satisfaction that music he wrote will see the light of day after all of these years, or do you think his reaction was, "Oh, that old thing? That was decades ago!"

For this set I just wanted a good sounding version of The Cross of Coronado (The Boat Scene) and I'm very glad it's on the set. Any new announcements about the set will be a bonus

Good luck.

I would definitely not be able to visit this site during the time until xmas. All of you would be like little red devils on my shoulder, tempting me to unshackle the treasure. Man, this is gonna be good.

By the way, how do you think JW feels about this? Do you think he feels a little inner satisfaction that music he wrote will see the light of day after all of these years, or do you think his reaction was, "Oh, that old thing? That was decades ago!"

That all depends on how much time Concord lets John Williams out of his cell ( by the way, these cartoons of yours are hilarious).

It seems Bouzereau used the existing OSTs as the basis and expanded the scores from there. The track lists certainly indicate this. Even the alternate Keeping up with the Joneses seems to be on the new TLC release. And from that starting point TLC must have been the toughest one to assemble as the OST leaves only 21 minutes of space. And I think he has done admirable job of selecting music from the unreleased portions of the score.

Well,he's helping Indy until they get on the mine car.

"Broken Bridge and British Relief" seem to indicate they left off the "On the Bridge" percussions,which is a good choice. Also, "Captured/The Cage/Khali Blood ritual/Indy Posessed " ,the weakest cues of the ToD score,aren't there.

I thought we had determined the Village cues fit on there though

I reeeally hope that "The Blood of Khali" is on disc Five, this is an essential cue when it comes to the ultimate darkness of this score. Well te DVD isn't THAT bad though, but nothing is better than a remastered release of it!

also Papa Jones is healed.. Oh man please, please!!!

Since there's obviously SOME music on the fifth CD, we certainly get more than enough of each score.

It would be interesting if Williams did some alternate takes of any importance. I don't mean this stuff which on bootlegs often is referred to as alternate takes and you have to search with a magnifying glass for the differences, but real alternates. It seems that Spielberg at this time of his career certainly was more demanding in this respect than nowadays.

Well,there's Escape on the Truck from LC boots which had a great variant of the Keeping up with the Joneses theme ...I don't think that cue is in the film.

My dilemna :

1)Keep my order at Amazon US for 48$+10$ shipping and risk duty fees

or

2)Order at Amazon Canada for 58$ + free shipping and possible delay due to Concord 's distribution delays (KotCS took 3 weeks to make it to Canada)

Well,there's Escape on the Truck from LC boots which had a great variant of the Keeping up with the Joneses theme ...I don't think that cue is in the film.

The very end of that cue is in the film as Brody is driven away following his capture in Iskendurun.

Good luck.

That all depends on how much time Concord lets John Williams out of his cell ( by the way, these cartoons of yours are hilarious).

iamarivercopy.jpg

What a great track list! Even though the set is not complete, this is surely the second best we could get, and it exceeds far beyond my expectations.

First thing I was wondering is whether that alternate cue from Temple of Doom with the more developed Stones theme (we found in the Lego game) will be on the set.

For Last Crusade, the missing cues are (titles taken from the Vol. 2 boot):

Packet from Dad

Inscription on the Rock

Ransacked House

Into the Catacombs

Put Down the Gun

Escape in the Truck

Blashemy/Berlin

Papa Jones Shot

The Wrong Chalise/Papa Jones Healed

Those are not the only missing cues, are they? Isn't there a longer version of the boot? I just noticed that two of my favorites aren't on there (fingers crossed for the 5th disc), the Berlin Air terminal cue and especially the escape from the zeppelin.

This set is going to be phenomenal. I can't wait to hear it.

Well, I've ordered the box through SAE, using PayPal. I hope I get refunded the order I cancelled. I'm not sure how it works using PayPal.

In the end, the definitive tracklists are not so different from the ones I speculated some weeks ago. In this sense, I'm very happy about how the boxset is looking. Ok, in the best of all possible worlds, we would have got 2-CD archival presentations for each score... but I will not complain a bit. I think we're lucky enough to see such a thing finally released. Hey, it's vintage Indy music! :)

As Mikko pointed out, it seems Bouzereau started with the original albums as the foundation for the new presentation and tried to expand them in the best possible way.

I just hope some of my favourite Last Crusade unreleased cues that didn't find space on the expanded CD (such as "The Diary of Professor Jones", "The Berlin Air Terminal" and "The Power of the Grail") will be presented on the 5th bonus disc.

Just a note: could "On The Tank" be the cue just before "Belly of the Steel Beast", when Indy catch the horses and Marcus enters into the tank and finds Henry?

It's a good set of tracklists. My only concern is how much is missing from Last Crusade. I really hope disc 5 contains the lion's share of what's left.

Looks like they have filled the three inital discs near to capacity though, can't ask for more than that.

There must be more Last Crusade on disk 5,as LC is still very incomplete. I could live with ToD like this though .

What other unreleased music could they put on disk 5 anyways ,since Raiders is almost complete on 1 disk... There's room for all the remaining ToD and LC even with a 15 minute interview .As stated,if there were KotCS cues on there they would have mentionned something by now.

I too think the interviews on disc 5 will not take more than 10-15 minutes of space, so there's at least an hour to fill with more unreleased stuff. It's very likely that none KOTCS unreleased tracks will be present, so the lion's share of the disc will be occupied with TOD and LC (much like the 4th disc of the SW Anthology was filled with more TESB and ROTJ).

Also, I was thinking that *maybe* Wiliams recorded the new concert arrangement of "Marion's Theme" during the KOTCS sessions, but they purposefully didn't include it on the OST release and will present it as a special bonus track on disc 5 in this boxset... Well, it's just a hope of mine, of course :)

Well I'm happy with what's listed there. Too bad the 5th disc doesn't have any info. But I can live a happy life and not worry about any more Indiana Jones music if those contain the correct music for the titles listed.

Have you seen that we have "unreleased on CD" on Raider's cd, and "unreleased" on temple and Crusade?

I am sure it means that we will have on that cd the second part of Well of Souls, released only on LP.

I don't want to get anyone's hopes up...but I think it's very possible we'll get 95% complete scores.

After cutting down my iTunes lists of all the released material from my Indy tracklists, I've come up with the following:

--25-26 minutes left of TOD unreleased.

--26-27 minutes left of Last Crusade unreleased.

This, of course, excludes alternates and source cues.

Assuming that the interviews take up no more than 15 minutes (as speculated), we could also maybe get the concert arrangement of the Raiders March and maybe some other bits of Raiders (like Discovery of the Ark, if it's not on Disc 1).

This is great! :lol:

I don't want to get anyone's hopes up...but I think it's very possible we'll get 95% complete scores.

And nobody will die if he/she's denied the odd catacomb or crawling around cue here and there.

Alternate takes of major cues we need, i say!

Well for one thing ,those catacomb cues didn't make it in the main c.d.'s .That's why I think those track lists are so great so far. I know there's 2 or 3 people here that like those cues as much as the action set pieces

The press releases says "Disc 5 - excerpts from interviews". So it shouldn't be more than 10 mins. Even the JW interviews from many DVD extras don't go more than 10 mins. I think we all heard enough on how the Indy music was created...

Oh, this may sound silly, but I'm kind of sad that a small portion of "Fast Streets of Shanghai" is probably not included. It's when Indy gets his hands on Willie's titties to get the antidote. I like that bit part... :lol:

It seems too good to be true .Were bound to be disappointed somewhere....I bet Disk 5 has like 3 extra cues or something...

Why don't you just sit and relax. And wait. That's what I'm doing. It is healthier that way, you know. :lol:

You'll get everything eventually. I think...

Karol