Indiana Jones: The Soundtracks Collection (OFFICIAL thread)

Erik Woods

Seriously though, Raiders already sounds fine, TOD sounds good as well as far as I recall, and LC's sound is still better than that on the Rhino Superman (and being the newest of the batch, I don't expect there to be a problem with the masters).

Yeah I have no problem with the sound on the originals especially TOD, of course Bruce Botnick was involved if I'm not mistaken. :lol:

I was checking my DVD of The Last Crusade, and it's quite possible that track "On the tank" is the one normally named "Death of the Messenger from God" on some bootlegs since it immediatly precedes Belly of the Steel Beast.

Hooray!

Ray Barnsbury - who felt obliged to join in

You have fulfilled your duty as a JW fan! :lol: Pax tecum!

I was checking my DVD of The Last Crusade, and it's quite possible that track "On the tank" is the one normally named "Death of the Messenger from God" on some bootlegs since it immediatly precedes Belly of the Steel Beast.

Let's just hope it is the Pen is Mightier than the Sword cue shall we ;) And if "Alarm!" could be "The Floor is on Fire" the chronology of the album is not entirely correct.

Given the simple names of some of the tracks (On The Boat :lol: = Portugal Coast) I'm gonna guess it's "The Pen Is Mightier Than The Sword".

You can't say that something already "sounds fine" since this set is being mastered by completely different people. Raiders DCC was mastered by Steve Hoffman, and Temple was mastered by Bernie Grundman - both masters in their field. While I'm 90% sure this set will sound pretty good, 10% of my brain is worried that it WON'T. We all thought Jedi sounded fine because of the Anthology, but when the SE came out...

Yes, especially those who think FSM's podcast contained clips from this set. Because those sounded like crap.

And they were taken from the LEGO game, as they mentioned in one of the podcasts.

Ransacked House does not seem to be out there and some of these tracknames are stupid!

And I am sure the box set will not come with a complimentary mint chocolate either but life is tough.

Look on the bright side. You can name the tracks anyway you like once you transfer the music to your computer.

Yeah, that's what I also expressed a few post above. It seems strange to have just two tracks out of chronological order (unless these track listings maybe contain some errors).

I'm already mad!!!! Escape From Venice is obviously not the film version because there is no asterisk next to it. That means it's missing the 2 seconds of music that is heard at the beginning of the cue (in the film).

This is an outrage!!!!

Yeah, that's what I also expressed a few post above. It seems strange to have just two tracks out of chronological order (unless these track listings maybe contain some errors).

In the case of Alarm and the Scherzo it might make some sense, since the Scherzo is a concert suite of sorts (even though it is used unedited in the movie) and presentes fully developed renditions of the Scherzo theme (plus the Nazi march) so Alarm might be displaced chronologically in order to provide a better listening experience.

For those saying LC may be out of order, I think TOD is slightly out of order too, depending on your point of view. Notice the track "The Temple of Doom" comes after "Approaching the Stones" and "Children In Chains". In the film, the first thugee ceremony with Mola Ram (the famous heart-ripping one) happens right after "Bug Tunnel and Death Trap". However, the same music, or a rendition of the same music, does intertwine during "Willie's Rescue" in the film, if I am not mistaken. What do you guys think?

Let's see: it could be that "Father and Son Reunited" will contain both "The Two Joneses" and "Elsa's Betrayal", in which there's the first statement of the Scherzo theme.

Anyway, I wouldn't mind very much if there are a couple of tracks out of chronological order. It only takes a few minutes to re-program a Cd player or re-arrange tracks in iTunes.

In the case of Alarm and the Scherzo it might make some sense, since the Scherzo is a concert suite of sorts (even though it is used unedited in the movie) and presentes fully developed renditions of the Scherzo theme (plus the Nazi march) so Alarm might be displaced chronologically in order to provide a better listening experience.

That makes sense because remember that when Laurent did JAWS it had the complete film score but it had the cues all out of order to make for a better listening experience. I guess he sort of did the same thing here, but did stick a but closer to chronology.

Let's just be happy that The Miracle of the Ark, The Mine Car Chase and Belly of the Steel Beast are not the 2nd tracks on their respective discs.

Another catastrophy I just noticed: The Königgrätzer Marsch is nowhere to be found!!!1

For those saying LC may be out of order, I think TOD is slightly out of order too, depending on your point of view. Notice the track "The Temple of Doom" comes after "Approaching the Stones" and "Children In Chains". In the film, the first thugee ceremony with Mola Ram (the famous heart-ripping one) happens right after "Bug Tunnel and Death Trap". However, the same music, or a rendition of the same music, does intertwine during "Willie's Rescue" in the film, if I am not mistaken. What do you guys think?

I always had a suspect that those score parts have been triggered and arranged in post-production. "The Temple of Doom" as heard on the original album is the pre-recorded version that was used on the set during filming. The cue called "The Altar of Khali" on John Takis' analysis and on bootlegs remains yet unreleased, since it contains a few different twists and takes on the "Mola Ram-Sutah Ram" chant. However, I believe (but correct me if I'm wrong) that Williams then recorded orchestral inserts that were overlayed and intertwined onto the chant during the final mix, especially during the Willie's sacrifice (aka "The Ceremony") sequence, which makes sense, because the chant is actually source music.

Those parts have always been a bit of mystery trivia for me, in my trials to reconstruct an actual complete cue sheet of this score.

Calling Captain John Takis! :lol:

That makes sense because remember that when Laurent did JAWS it had the complete film score but it had the cues all out of order to make for a better listening experience. I guess he sort of did the same thing here, but did stick a but closer to chronology.

Actually it was Williams who arranged the cues.

I knew preordering the set was a good thing.

I'm absolutely thrilled at the amount of unreleased material for TOD. I loved "A Nightclub Brawl", "Water!" and "Map/Out of Fuel" in the film, can't wait to hear them on the soundtrack.

I also love Williams' micro-edits. He has a real liking for the practice of stripping great cues of all the really good bits altogether or putting them somewhere else for the sake of the "listening experience".

I always had a suspect that those score parts have been triggered and arranged in post-production. "The Temple of Doom" as heard on the original album is the pre-recorded version that was used on the set during filming. The cue called "The Altar of Khali" on John Takis' analysis and on bootlegs remains yet unreleased, since it contains a few different twists and takes on the "Mola Ram-Sutah Ram" chant. However, I believe (but correct me if I'm wrong) that Williams then recorded orchestral inserts that were overlayed and intertwined onto the chant during the final mix, especially during the Willie's sacrifice (aka "The Ceremony") sequence, which makes sense, because the chant is actually source music.

Those parts have always been a bit of mystery trivia for me, in my trials to reconstruct an actual complete cue sheet of this score.

Calling Captain John Takis! :lol:

As far as I'm aware, Williams recorded ONE cue called "Sanskrit Sacrifice," and it's on the album as "The Temple of Doom." There's an extension to this cue in the film for the first sacrifice scene -- the music winds down and fades away. For the second scene, with Willie, most or all (I honestly forget which) of the chanting material was tracked and re-edited from this earlier scene. My expectation is that the album will include only the original orchestral bits.

I'm really excited about the releases now that we know FOR SURE that they're going to be expanded and have a legit track list.

Ironically, on my fake track list, I almost put the "Saving Willie" track in the appropriate place... Under the exact same name! :lol: Ka-razy!!!

I think they've got my computer bugged.

My one complaint is that "Power of the Grail" isn't included. Still, in light of everything new we're getting, I'm completely satisfied with the track lists and really glad I preordered it. I'll just have to give the new copy of Kingdom of the Crystal Skull to the nearest used CD place.

Man, I was freakin' out when I read this! These are absolutely glorious! I think they've pretty much nailed a single-disc TOD release.

My one big concern is the lack of "The Power of the Grail," but I suspect that will be on the fifth disc; I think Bouzereau knows how big a cue that is.

As far as I'm concerned, if they throw that and the film version of the TOD "Finale and End Credits" onto disc 5, then I'd be really happy about that--even moreso if the cues between "Slalom on Mt. Humol" and "Short Round's Theme" are present, and then any more would just make me ecstatic.

This all is great news! Even without disk 5 this is awesome. Can't wait for the same for Star Wars!

That happened in 1993.

Indeed, unless he means for the Prequels then I'd rather have 2-CD complete intended scores for those.

As far as I'm concerned, if they throw that and the film version of the TOD "Finale and End Credits" onto disc 5, then I'd be really happy about that--even moreso if the cues between "Slalom on Mt. Humol" and "Short Round's Theme" are present, and then any more would just make me ecstatic.

Who knows, maybe this 5th disc is assembled like the SW anthology and the TOD end credits are the last track of the disc (like another OST made with bits from the three (hopepully 4 - if that does not mean incomplete Original trilogy scores) movies.

Wow, saw the tracks of the expanded ToD and LC albums!!! WHOOOOO-HOOOO! Can't wait!

I think all the good cues are included, anyway. It's not complete, but then I didn't expect them to be...

Who knows, maybe this 5th disc is assembled like the SW anthology and the TOD end credits are the last track of the disc (like another OST made with bits from the three (hopepully 4 - if that does not mean incomplete Original trilogy scores) movies.

If it's like the Anthology, then we'll be getting a transition from the Last Crusade finale to the Temple of Doom end credits. <_<

This all is great news! Even without disk 5 this is awesome. Can't wait for the same for Star Wars!

That happened in 1993.

Indeed, unless he means for the Prequels then I'd rather have 2-CD complete intended scores for those.

Of course I mean AOTC and ROTS.

I hope the film version of the ToD Finale turns up on disk 5

Yes!! Some one give me tissue to clean up my underwear!!!

Are we talking about that sweet, sweet end credits piece that features the Raiders March and Short Round's Theme in counterpoint?

Because that's not something I'd call boring at all. <_<

Yes, but all the music from the beginning of the Raiders March is good too. My favorite moment is when, right before the credits roll, the music unexpectedly modulates from Db to D, then brings us into C for the beginning of the credits.