Indiana Jones: The Soundtracks Collection (OFFICIAL thread)

Erik Woods

Didn't you bail this thread, vowing never to return?

Or was I dreaming?

Yes I did.

I sincerly hope you are not dreaming about me, really..

By the way, why is this box everywhere to be found, but not in the official IndianaJonesshop for pre-order?

Nah honestly:

Me? It's you and your new girlfriend who have been insufferable tonight!

I'm just jesting with you, I think everyone else is too. I'm sure you'll live through it.

Seriously though folks, lay off the fellow now. No nice. Steef's a good guy; I for one like him somewhat.

Women! ;)

gotta love 'em.

Well we still have no official announcement if these soundtracks will be expanded atall.. maybe they are just reissues of the original albums. because of the high reuse fees!

Well,at least it'll put Joe,who reads this thread once a wek, up to date on the box set.

I'd also like the film ending to "Anything Goes". I don't think it would fit at the start of "Indy Negotiates". It's so short it would have made sense to just put it at the end of the song itself, obviously that didn't happen.

I'd also like the film ending to "Anything Goes". I don't think it would fit at the start of "Indy Negotiates". It's so short it would have made sense to just put it at the end of the song itself, obviously that didn't happen.

I hope that is included as well.

Also the variation of "Anything Goes" that plays during the nightclub fight would be great to have, included with "The Nightclub Brawl."

Sooo...tracklists are finally revealed! I missed the board for a (really busy) week and the revelation of the tracklists caused too many pages too read!

I got the tracklist post thanks to Romão, I read a couple of pages untill he said that basically both ToD and LC will be about 76 minutes, which is great, and that it seems we're getting LC's "The floor's on fire!" cue, which is greeeat! I always loved that piece, that starts at the very moments in which the Zippo falls into the carpet and starts the fire, I already mentioned it and it should be the same cue it seems we're getting, right?

Also, the only thing I missed, and it's crucially important: is King Mark really satisfied with the tracklist? :D

I'm really looking forward to this set, I knew that, after so many years, they must have done something respectable.

It would appear KM will need someone with the skills to talk someone off a ledge if the film version of ToD end credits aren't on disc 5.

Personally, I just hope 'Power of the Grail' is on there....

I'm satisfied with the tracklist.

I still need to be fully happy:

ToD:

The Starving Village 1:28

A Plea For Help 2:13

They Stole The Children/Fortune and Glory 3:42

The Maharaja .50

Finale film Version

LC:

Legend of the Grail 1:02

Ransacked House 2:24

Escape in the Truck 0:50

Biplane Escape 1:27

The Power of the Grail 4.27

With these tracks on disk 5 it would be a near perfect set

Cues I don't care if they are included or not:

The Mummy Cave (Raiders)

The Feast (ToD)

Captured/The Cage/Khali Blood ritual/Indy Posessed (ToD)

Bridge Drums(ToD)

The Catacombs(LC)

Nazi Stronghold (LC)

Iskerendun(LC)

Professor Jones is Shot(LC)

I don't know if it's psychological fatigue setting in from the anticipation or all of the speculation, but I can say that I'm just thrilled that a.)these are going to be official releases-- no more cdrs, and b.)there's going to be additional cues not released before. I don't even care now if it's complete.

By the way, this is totally off topic, but what the heck. I've been posting here for a few years, and it seems that we're all reasonably intelligent people, so maybe one of you would know the answer to this question:

In short, the house I lived in prior to this one was haunted, and I'd like to know how someone goes about finding out if anything horrible happened in that particular address. Thanks!

In short, the house I lived in prior to this one was haunted, and I'd like to know how someone goes about finding out if anything horrible happened in that particular address. Thanks!

Reasonable approach: police or city records.

Crazy approach: local con arti...er, "psychic", seance, etc.

ToD:

The Starving Village 1:28

They Stole The Children/Fortune and Glory 3:42

LC:

Ransacked House 2:24

The Power of the Grail 4.27

These were tracks that I would love to have seen in the list, but even if they're not on disc 5 I'll be completely satisfied with the new album presentations. I just made the mistake of taking it for granted that Fortune and Glory would be included. Do they not know how much we love that cue!?!

"The Power of the Grail" absence is probably the biggest shocker on here. Though they would be worthy inclusions and I'd love to have them, those TOD tracks are reasonable ones to leave off in favor of what is being included.

There's really only, what, 5 absolute must-have cues from ToD and LC that need to be on the 5th disc to make this a perfect set. The early grail cues in Crusade and "The Wrong Chalice", plus a few of the zeppelin arrival/escape cues. And from Temple, the film version of Finale and End Credits and "Fortune and Glory". Easy.

Anything else is icing on the cake as far as I'm concerned... most of the missing music from Raiders is standard spooky atonal music, same with Temple. We have a lot of great quality source music from LC on the bootleg, and Kingdom's got some clean DVD rips. We're a very spoiled fanbase if you ask me.

most of the missing music from Raiders is standard spooky atonal music, same with Temple.

Always has been my favorite stuff from the series.

I don't own the LC bootleg, so I'm curious--is "The Power of the Grail" during the part where

Henry is healed?

Yes it is.:blink:

I thought it was when

the bad guy gets killed

And yes it is.

It is one cue in the film. Both those truly secret spoilerish things happen in that cue. :P

Hmmm 19 years after the release it just might be safe to talk about the plot points in the open guys. ;)

most of the missing music from Raiders is standard spooky atonal music, same with Temple.

Always has been my favorite stuff from the series.

Yeah it would be best to have all of it ,but would you drop Underground Heroics to get Khali Blood Ritual , Indy on the Sub to get The Mummy Cave ,or the complete Jungle Chase to keep Secret Doors and Scorpions ? I know there's a few people on the MB who like the "opposite" cues everyone else does , the dark low key non thematic music, but that's a very small minority that I hope the album producers aren't a part of.

I agree there's about 5-6 MUST have cues from toD and LC that should be on Disk 5. I get the feeling we'll get them , there's not much else to choose from .So unless Disk 5 is a total waste of time ...

And Indy4 stop putting those %$@#@#%^^!!! spoiler tags for that. We all know Henri gets healed at the end of Last Crusade.

And Indy4 stop putting those %$@#@#%^^!!! spoiler tags for that. We all know Henri gets healed at the end of Last Crusade.

Don't read them if you are so opposed to them.

I have to disagree. Basically every cue from those scores is great.

That would absolutely suck if that was the case. But it would explain that there is no track list and just one long continuous track..

I have to disagree. Basically every cue from those scores is great.

Well,yes ,but in the event the scores can't be complete these are the ones that should be left off .Same with ToD.

Well, I just pre-ordered the Box Set from Amazon.com today for forty three American dollars. The Box Set is eligible for Free Shipping if that interests you ( it certainly interests me).

That would be good if I were in the US (thank god I'm not). And the last time I looked at Amazon (several hours ago) they had it for $47.99 USD.

I'm in Perth and I've ordered it from Screen Archives Entertainment. Shipping cost is $15.50, but this is a once off payment and SAE are pretty reliable. Plus the box is at a lower price there.

Well, I just pre-ordered the Box Set from Amazon.com today for forty three American dollars. The Box Set is eligible for Free Shipping if that interests you ( it certainly interests me).

That would be good if I were in the US (thank god I'm not). And the last time I looked at Amazon (several hours ago) they had it for $47.99 USD.

Doesn't matter to me because however the price lowers that will be the price I'm paying. I think I ordered it when it was $50.

Did anyone find the British fanfare in the LEGO game if that's where FSM got their podcast excerpt from?

Also, does anyone think that all the music from the LEGO game will probably be on the set somewhere as well?

The main thing I'm worried about now, is the film version of the ToD finale.

I REALLY want that. Other than that, this certainly looks VERY good.

I'm glad to see that from my original scenario speculation, we certainly got one of the better case scenario's by far.

And as far as dessert before the soup's concerned, apparently that is sort-of customary here on the cruise ship as well.

They have things like "chilled strawberry soup" in the Lido restaurant before the soups.