Indiana Jones: The Soundtracks Collection (OFFICIAL thread)

Erik Woods

There is nothing important in the prequels that needs to be released, they need to go away FOREVER.

Perish the thought...!

I definitely understand people's disliking/hatred for the prequels. On many, MANY levels, they do not work, not in relation to the original trilogy, and not as a separate trilogy.

For me, though, I ultimately enjoy too many of the individual parts to ever want to cast the whole into oblivion. I dislike enough of them that they can never feel like anything but missed opportunities, but in this particular instance, I'm more of a glass-half-full person.

Which is odd, because I'm usually the exact opposite.

This might also explain how I'm able to very much enjoy The Clones Wars (movie and series alike).

In deference to Neil, that is the last I will say about the prequels in this thread. Yessir, can't wait for that Indiana Jones box set...

yeah,whatever ,joe.

did you order your Indy box set,or you still think they won;t be expanded...

now that we have a track list I will get around to ordering it.

I think TPM is a very good score,

AOTC is a piece of sh!% and

ROTS's best parts are from the movie called Star Wars.

Course the best parts of KOTCS are from Raiders too.

yeah,whatever ,joe.

did you order your Indy box set,or you still think they won;t be expanded...

now that we have a track list I will get around to ordering it.

I think TPM is a very good score,

AOTC is a piece of sh!% and

ROTS's best parts are from the movie called Star Wars.

Course the best parts of KOTCS are from Raiders too.

Say it ain't so, Joe, there you go again pointing backwards again!

all we can do is point backwards Alan since I think we have had our last JW score.

all we can do is point backwards Alan since I think we have had our last JW score.

Perish the f--k out of that thought...!

I think we'll get another decade's worth of Williams scores, every single one of them to movies directed by Spielberg.

It's from the beginning of this board (and even before) that Joe keeps posting this kind of things. He's so predictable. :|

However, this is curious: I was browsing the official Indiana Jones store and, this the page related to the box-set. Look at the picture. Do you notice anything? :blink:

It's from the beginning of this board (and even before) that Joe keeps posting this kind of things. He's so predictable. :|

However, this is curious: I was browsing the official Indiana Jones store and, this the page related to the box-set. Look at the picture. Do you notice anything? :blink:

Yes I notice, that it says:

5 disc set

Interview with John Williams, George Lucas and Steven Spielberg

Yes I notice, that it says:

5 disc set

Interview with John Williams, George Lucas and Steven Spielberg

That wasn't to be noticed in the picture. :blink:

OK, it's obvious that the material it's identical, but it's weird that the picture it's different than in other places, since it's the official Indy store.

No, the bonus CD is missing! :blink:

relax girl, just in the picture.. ;)

I bet the stuff on the bonus disk is soo great, that someone couldn'r resist and took it to his home to listen to the cue: "Iskenderun street music"

So it wasn't there when THIS picture was made

:|

THis appeared over at the FSM board:

Just found this track list for the 5th disc on Tower Records website.

I don't know how accurate it is;

1 Raiders March (from Raiders of the Lost Ark)

2 Interviews with John Williams,Steven Spielberg and George Lucas, Hosted by Laurent Bouzereau - (featuring Steven Spielberg/George Lucas/John Williams)

3 Uncovering the Ark (from Raiders of the Lost Ark)

4 Indy and the Villagers (from Temple of Doom)

5 Secret Passage, The (from Temple of Doom)

6 Father's Study (from Last Crusade)

7 Marcus Is Captured/To Berlin (from Last Crusade)

8 To the Blimp (from Last Crusade) *

9 Blimp Turns Around, The (from Last Crusade)

10 Death of Kazim (from Last Crusade)

11 Wrong Choice, Right Choice (from Last Crusade)

12 Return to the Village/Raiders March (From Temple Of Doom)

If this is the case, I'm very happy!

They even left out all the cues I would have dropped ! No Mummy Cave, no Khali Blood Ritual/Indy Possessed,no Into the Catacombs and Papa Jones is Shot .

In other words, only the most unimportant cues aren't on the set

HOLY SMOKES!!! This IS IT!!!! The tracklist for Disk 5!!! No sign of 'The Wrong Chalice' or ToD's 'Finale and End Credits', but there's some other gems in here waiting to be explored!

Total time: 74:26

1. The Raiders March (ROTLA) (5.21)

2. Steven Spielberg reveals how two Indiana Jones themes became one (5:20)

3. Paramount Pictures Logo (KOTCS) (0:23)

4. George Lucas on Williams' music in his 'silent movies' (11:21)

5. Orellana's Cradle [Film Version] (KOTCS) (3:23)

6. John Williams also reveals how two Indiana Jones theme became one, with excerpts of The Raiders March (13:21)

7. George Lucas & Steven Spielberg Duet - The Raiders March (whistled, including excerpts of Secret Doors & Scorpions [KOTCS] and Paramount Pictures Logo [KOTCS]) (17:46)

8. The Raiders March (as performed by the Prague Philharmonic) (5.32)

9. Paramount Pictures Logo [Alternate] (KOTCS) (0:25)

10. Secret Doors & Scorpions [Complete] (KOTCS) (6:23)

11. Indian Chants / Paramount Pictures [TLC] (0:13)

12. The Raiders March [Encore] (ROTLA) (5.21)

lol

but just too late for the joke crumbs

Better repost the presumed real one:

Disk 5

1 Raiders March (from Raiders of the Lost Ark)

2 Interviews with John Williams,Steven Spielberg and George Lucas, Hosted by Laurent Bouzereau - (featuring Steven Spielberg/George Lucas/John Williams)

3 Uncovering the Ark (from Raiders of the Lost Ark)

4 Indy and the Villagers (from Temple of Doom)

5 Secret Passage, The (from Temple of Doom)

6 Father's Study (from Last Crusade)

7 Marcus Is Captured/To Berlin (from Last Crusade)

8 To the Blimp (from Last Crusade) *

9 Blimp Turns Around, The (from Last Crusade)

10 Death of Kazim (from Last Crusade)

11 Wrong Choice, Right Choice (from Last Crusade)

12 Return to the Village/Raiders March (From Temple Of Doom)

okok,I don't want to nitpick,but I hope Indy and the Villagers is a merge of all the village cues

That's ironic, I started typing up and posted my joke list before the actual list was posted. Anyway, it's official, the set *is* perfection. There isn't a single missing cue that I'm losing sleep over. Thank you Laurent and Concord!

It would appear (unless the interviews are 20+ minutes, which is unlikely imho) that the CD is not maxed out at 77-80 minutes. However, the choice of the tracks is great, they indeed left out only some minor incidental cues (I hope the cue "Indy and the Villagers" will include also "They Stole the Children"). I never expected to see unreleased stuff from KOTCS here, so I will not complain about that.

This project is now identical to the Star Wars Anthology boxset, so it's likely we'll see 2-CD sets of all four scores in the not too distant future. However, I'll enjoy this one a lot now.

I've listened to some of the KotCS DVD rips,and honestly apart from the complete Jungle Chase there's not much else. The warehouse escape is pretty generic stuff.

I am 100% happy with that track list even if they don't ever release complete scores to ToD and LC down the line.

I am soooooooooo happy the ToD Film Version Finale made it :blink:

Missing Cues:

The Mummy Cave (Raiders)

One of the ToD village cue?

The Feast(ToD)

Captured/The Cage/Khali Blood Ritual/Indy Possessed

Package from Dad ?

Legend of the Grail ?

Into the Catacombs

Nazi Stronghold?

Professor Jones is Shot

I've listened to some of the KotCS DVD rips,and honestly apart from the complete Jungle Chase there's not much else. The warehouse escape is pretty generic stuff.

(...)

I would like to have that cue anyway... That, 'the Russians entering the Area 51' cue, the complete Jungle Chase, Mutt's introduction, disappearing stairs and the cue from the penultimate scene when we see Broadbend running through corridor...

Give me half an hour to work out exactly what will remain unreleased, just so everyone can come to grips that it's NOTHING worth crying over. This set is DAMN PERFECT. Man, I can't wait to hear the cue when Indy climbs back over the bridge, and that perfect segue into the Raiders March.

As for KOTCS, we're certain the DVD has a SFX free version of Warehouse Escape in the bonus features. We can assemble a complete Jungle Chase with some clever editing, and minimal SFX. Also, if this box set sells well enough, I wouldn't rule out complete scores down the line. It IS Lucasfilm...

The Russians breaking into Area 51 is pretty much a perfect quality rip. No SFX except maybe some engines whirring.

Man, I can't wait to hear the cue when Indy climbs back over the bridge, and that perfect segue into the Raiders March.

I knew I wasn't the only one

Temple of Doom is virtually complete, it appears only "A True Believer" aka "Blood of Khali" is missing and maybe a few of the starving village cues.

Last Crusade is missing "Secret Entrance", "Into the Catacombs", "Keeping Up with the Joneses" film version and "Papa Jones is Shot" (plus alternates and source music).

Well, I think no one can really complain.

Temple of Doom is virtually complete, it appears only "A True Believer" aka "Blood of Khali" is missing and maybe a few of the starving village cues.

Last Crusade is missing "Secret Entrance", "Into the Catacombs", "Keeping Up with the Joneses" film version and "Papa Jones is Shot" (plus alternates and source music).

Well, I think no one can really complain.

As far as the first three are concerned, no :| I am so glad that finally we're gettin a proper release! I can't wait for having it finally in my hands. It'll be like a second Christmas :blink:

I was thinking about the cue "To the Blimp" (aka "First Flight to Germany" aka "Berlin Air Terminal"): it is of course the cue when Indy and Henry board on the Zeppelin, but on the boot it is preceded by an ominous passage which I believe is Williams' original take of the sequence when Hitler signs Henry's diary, while in the film that moment is underscored just with timpani and snare, seguing perfectly in and out the "Koniggrazter" march.

I thought I'd compile all the officially released cues by film, to keep everything together:

RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK

1 Raiders March

2 In the Jungle

3 Idol Temple, The

4 Escape from the Temple

5 Flight from Peru

6 Washington Men/Indy's Home*

7 Thought for Marion/To Nepal, A

8 Medallion, The

9 Flight to Cairo

10 Basket Game, The

11 Bad Dates (Includes "The Poisoning?")*

12 Map Room: Dawn, The

13 Reunion in the Tent/Searching for the Well

14 Well of the Souls, The

15 Uncovering the Ark*

16 Indy Rides the Statue*

17 Fist Fight/The Flying Wing, The

18 Desert Chase

19 Marion's Theme/The Crate

20 German Sub, The

21 Ride to the Nazi Hideout

22 Indy Follows the Ark

23 Miracle of the Ark, The

24 Washington Ending & Raiders March

TEMPLE OF DOOM

1 Anything Goes

2 Indy Negotiates*

3 Nightclub Brawl, The*

4 Fast Streets of Shanghai

5 Map/Out of Fuel*

6 Slalom on Mt. Humol

7 Indy and the Villagers (Includes "They Stole The Children", "Fortune and Glory"?)*

8 Short Round's Theme

9 Scroll/To Pankot Palace, The*

10 Nocturnal Activities

11 The Secret Passage*

12 Bug Tunnel/Death Trap

13 Approaching the Stones*

14 Children in Chains

15 Temple of Doom, The

16 Short Round Escapes*

17 Saving Willie*

18 Slave Children's Crusade

19 Short Round Helps*

20 Mine Car Chase, The

21 Water!*

22 Sword Trick, The*

23 Broken Bridge/British Relief, The*

24 Return to the Village, End Credits/Raiders March*

LAST CRUSADE

1 Indy's Very First Adventure / Dunn & Duffy Circus Train**

2 Boat Scene, The*

3 Father's Study*

4 X Marks the Spot

5 Ah, Rats!!!

6 Escape from Venice

7 Journey to Austria*

8 Father and Son Reunited*

9 Marcus is Captured / To Berlin (is "To Berlin" actually "Blasphemy, The Road To Berlin"?)*

10 Austrian Way, The *

11 Alarm!*

12 Scherzo for Motorcycle and Orchestra

13 To The Blimp (Berlin Air Terminal)*

14 No Ticket

15 The Blimp Turns Around (Biplane Escape)*

16 Keeping Up With the Joneses

17 Brother of the Cruciform Sword

18 Death of Kazim (Death of a Messenger From God)*

19 On the Tank (Pen is Mightier Than The Sword)*

20 Belly of the Steel Beast

21 Canyon of the Crescent Moon, The

22 Penitent Man Will Pass, The

23 Keeper of the Grail, The

24 Wrong Choice, Right Choice (The Wrong Chalice / Power of the Grail)*

25 Finale & End Credits

Seems a very, very respectable addition of long-craved cues to me.

It's virtually impossible to know exactly how much remains unreleased. There could be any number of alternates, source cues which were dropped, inserts, tracks cues, multiple takes, etc. To compile "complete recordings" of any score would take up hours and hours of music. The most we should realistically strive to receive are the film versions of cues, and as many of them as possible.

Generally speaking though, we're really only missing source music. But who really wants to hear Donovan's party, Shanghai Night Club or Iskenderun? The German March (Der Krozzinger) music is in perfect sound quality on the boot anyway (including an alternate), so I'm glad that wasn't included.

Well ,the only thing that still nags me slightly is Short Rounds Helps .I mean it HAS to be Underground Heroics...but...

We need track times now

It's definitely Underground Heroics. The whole sequence is basically just Shorty...helping. From stopping the Mararajah's voodoo toy, to kicking the Thuggees in the groins, to saving Willie from being attacked, to getting the mine cart moving and *attempting* to send it down the right mine shaft.

This doesn't even take into account that it's the only cue that fits between 'Slave Children's Crusade' and 'Mine Cart Chase'. It couldn't be anything else.

Plus, so far everything has ended up being pleasingly positive with this set. I'm prepared to stay optimistic about this now.

Unless Concord's pressing plant burns down or declares bankrupcy before nov 11

I bet a lot of people are not checking the thread now.Oh,it's just K.M. rambling on again..