Indiana Jones: The Soundtracks Collection (OFFICIAL thread)

Erik Woods

YES! This came out right after I went to bed last night, there must be 5 pages worth of new posts. I agree with KM's initial reaction, this release looks perfect.

Does Indy & The Villagers include "Fortune and Glory"?

It's possible.

YES! This came out right after I went to bed last night, there must be 5 pages worth of new posts. I agree with KM's initial reaction, this release looks perfect.
Does Indy & The Villagers include "Fortune and Glory"?

It's possible.

I bet it does because it leads into Short Rounds theme

I have no idea what Nick Parker is babling about for the last 2 pages

I have no idea, either, except for two things: richuk is a lying thief and member of illegal music cult "Office Space", and THIS BOX SET IS WONDERFUL! More or less.

It's official. There's finally someone at this message board weirder than indy4.

You are far too generous.

I have no idea what Nick Parker is babling about for the last 2 pages

He saw the LC boot in my 'now playing' thing and thinks it's somehow funny.

Oh yeah....

Maybe:

Marcus is captured - Iskenderun sourcemusic

To Berlin - Königgrätzer Marsch

would be nice

"Indy and the Villagers" according to my rip - where I combined every cue from the village to one long, it is 6:45 long

I am not sure if they will include 7 mins of village music.

Well,to me Dad's Study is the cue with the amazing variation of the grail theme when they look at at the wall painting (Ransaked House on the boot). Maybe it also includes the 2 cues before it.

I hope so. I'd really like that cue from Donovan's office where they're looking at the grail tablet. Not that I'm complaining. Thanks to Concord and Mr. Bouzereau.

by the way have you noticed that the Indy LEGO game has some awkward mixes of the music. sometimes to hear the trumpets blasting out in high quality as hell, amd the rest of the orchestra is just far in the background.

also could someone please send me higres artwork from the TOD John Williams Central Edition, that was done by Ricard and John Takis

I reaaaly like the backcover design:

Indy VHS Edit

Map/Out of Fuel

This amazing piece of music is finally being released. I've dreamt of hearing this for many years. It's perfect - blazing Indy theme segued into a floating-like version of Willie's theme (the first time we hear it in TOD) and the plucky string music as the two pilots jump out of the plane. I really can't wait to hear that crashing music that plays when they stare out the window , right before Indy says "I think we got a big problem."

OK, inspired by some other person's listing of the Lego game score tracks, here's a quickly thrown together spreadsheet for the box set. I've listed the original release CD's (or in Raiders' case the DCC expanded edition), the expanded bootlegs (the super-duper wacky-named ones, I went with the Score - Music Version for Raiders and LC), and the track listings for the new box set. Can't quite match everything up, since I'm no expert, plus I don't have the track timings handy for the bootlegs, and we don't know exactly what the box set tracks are in some cases, much less their timings. It's a Google Doc, and if I did it correctly, it should be viewable by anyone, and editable by anyone signed in to Google Docs. Feel free to adjust/edit as necessary to correct my (I'm sure plentiful) mistakes.

Basically, the box set CDs are color coded, and I took those color codes up to the original releases and the bootlegs to see what's new, what's missing, etc.

Good luck!

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=p4k...tm8ILBRny5ZkJfQ

I never knew there was a website that let you post spreadsheets onto the web for all to see. That could take Christmas lists to Santa to a whole new level of deviousness.

And the pastel color scheme just puts me in the Easter candy eating mood. Good thing it's almost Halloween, so candy is plentiful and cheap...

By the way Peter posted some info on MovieMusic, he said the individual releases for some reason (unknown to him) have been pushed back until next year. So now the only way to get the music is with the box set. So haha for those of you just wanting the individual releases this year. Anyways you wouldn't get the extra music from Disc 5 if you wanted the individual sets.

By the way Peter posted some info on MovieMusic, he said the individual releases for some reason (unknown to him) have been pushed back until next year. So now the only way to get the music is with the box set. So haha for those of you just wanting the individual releases this year. Anyways you wouldn't get the extra music from Disc 5 if you wanted the individual sets.

I can't imagine why anyone would want only one of those three scores.

As hard as it is to imagine ,some people want the music that fits on 1 c.d. only, played in the pre determined order only and don't want the music on disk 5 simply because it disrupts the listening experience.

I can't imagine why anyone would want only one of those three scores.

You would be surprised by the number of people who only like Raiders of the Lost Ark. Hey, wait, that is still being released in a few weeks, right?

As hard as it is to imagine ,some people want the music that fits on 1 c.d. only

Thor comes to my mind with this post.

Who?

heres my break down of what were missing

raiders of the lost ark

the poisoning

the mummy cave

temple of doom

shanghai 1935

the maharajah

the feast

mola ram and the altar of kali

a true believer

the ceremony

last crusade

packet from dad/to donovan's house

the legend of the holy grail

the catacombs

searching for dr. jones

don't call me junior

elsas betrayal

the birds of charlemagne

not much missing so in my opinion my scores are complete i can take the rest of the tracks from my bootlegs and complete it.

I am 99% sure that "Bad Dates" must include "The Poisoning" as well. "Bad Dates" is only about seven seconds long; "The Poisoning" is a far more substantive cue.

please, someone explain to me, what is so great about the jungle chase??

I don't get it:

If I listen to th FILM VERSION closely, it is evenmore just a rehash of Belly of the Steal Beast/Desert Chase elemts.

and I am speaking from a musical point of view, and from there, there's no doubt the above by myself is correct..

General Grievous from the OST is much more creative, yes even the Chase Through Corouscant

It's nothing too special. Its greatest appeal is the nostalgic treatment of the Raiders March and Marion's theme, which we barely got on the OST. Same goes for "Warehouse Escape"; my favorite part is the quote of the Ark theme.

It's nothing too special. Its greatest appeal is the nostalgic treatment of the Raiders March and Marion's theme, which we barely got on the OST. Same goes for "Warehouse Escape"; my favorite part is the quote of the Ark theme.

yes the warehousefight, is maybe the only cue I want to have from Indy 4. So is it 100% sure that we will get the complete jungle chase and the complete warehousefight, effects free??? (through the bonus features)

As hard as it is to imagine ,some people want the music that fits on 1 c.d. only

Thor comes to my mind with this post.

no actually he didn't really want the 40 minute OST to be expanded

not much missing so in my opinion my scores are complete i can take the rest of the tracks from my bootlegs and complete it.

I'll make a special seperate album :Still Unreleased Indy Music .No way am I mixing the boot cues with the box set ones

yes the warehousefight, is maybe the only cue I want to have from Indy 4. So is it 100% sure that we will get the complete jungle chase and the complete warehousefight, effects free??? (through the bonus features)

I've heard the Warehouse scene is available sfx free from the DVD menu, but I don't think Jungle Chase is. I've just attempted to do a rear channel rip, and got what I hope is a pretty good result though.

So....now that we have the tracklist

One question

Logically it seems that Concord paid the re-use fees for all the music and all the unreleased cues would have fit on disk 5 .So why are there still unreleased cues??

for Star Wars Anthology they just didn't all fit

One question

Logically it seems that Concord paid the re-use fees for all the music and all the unreleased cues would have fit on disk 5 .So why are there still unreleased cues??

Hm. It is like trying to untangle a sweater, but someone keeps knitting, and knitting, and knitting, and knitting, and knitting....

Not necessarily. Two people now have pointed out that re-use fees are paid in 15 minute blocks, so maybe the additional unreleased music fell outside the last block that that they wanted to pay for.

One question

Maybe the interview on the CD is longer than we all think it is? So less room for more music.

One question

thy were deemed unworthy of release?

who knows

I don't get it:

If I listen to th FILM VERSION closely, it is evenmore just a rehash of Belly of the Steal Beast/Desert Chase elemts.

and I am speaking from a musical point of view, and from there, there's no doubt the above by myself is correct..

General Grievous from the OST is much more creative, yes even the Chase Through Corouscant

There is nothing great about it.

I cannot wait to hear it....then I can make my decision about how rehashed it is. :rolleyes:

I don't get it:

There is nothing great about it.