Indiana Jones: The Soundtracks Collection (OFFICIAL thread)

Erik Woods

Can't we just agree that Catch me if you can is a williams mediocre score...and leave Indy alone?

No we can't Catch Me If You Can is a terrific score better than KOTCS(which I still like).

Neil didn't mention once in this thread he was happy how the box set turned out after predicting the worst case scenario 2 weeks ago

I can't wait to edit these together properly. Satisfied?

Neil

that will do.

well if you really want an example of a mediocre-lame Williams score,there's Minority Report in that category .RotS is much above that and in the PoA range.

No its not, thats insane. Rots isn't close to POA its crap except for the Star Wars parts. Battle of the Heroes screams mediocrity

you keep praising the garbage that you seem to do so often and we'll get there.

Presumed track times

1 Raiders March - 2:12

3 Uncovering the Ark - 6:01

4 Indy and the Villagers (best case scenario) - 6:00

5 Secret Passage, The - 3:24

6 Father's Study - 2:19 (could be longer)

7 Marcus Is Captured/To Berlin - 2:00

8 To the Blimp - 2:01

9 Blimp Turns Around, The - 1:24

10 Death of Kazim - 2:21

11 Wrong Choice, Right Choice - 4:27

12 Return to the Village/Raiders March - 6:30 (it could also be just 2:15, since it does not mention end credits. But I doubt they'd end the track there)

This gives a total of 38:54 in the best case and longest scenario presented. Since this still makes up for a rather short cd even considering interviews, it is indeed possible Indy and the Villagers is composite of all tracks from that segment of the movie. Also, Father's Study could also include Packet from Dad and Inscription on the Rock, making that track a total of 4:10 in lenght, for a cd total of 40:55, still a reasonable total length considering the interviews.

Presumed track times

1 Raiders March - 2:12

3 Uncovering the Ark - 6:01

4 Indy and the Villagers (best case scenario) - 6:00

5 Secret Passage, The - 3:24

6 Father's Study - 2:19 (could be longer)

7 Marcus Is Captured/To Berlin - 2:00

8 To the Blimp - 2:01

9 Blimp Turns Around, The - 1:24

10 Death of Kazim - 2:21

11 Wrong Choice, Right Choice - 4:27

12 Return to the Village/Raiders March - 6:30 (it could also be just 2:15, since it does not mention end credits. But I doubt they'd end the track there)

This gives a total of 38:54 in the best case and longest scenario presented. Since this still makes up for a rather short cd even considering interviews, it is indeed possible Indy and the Villagers is composite of all tracks from that segment of the movie. Also, Father's Study could also include Packet from Dad and Inscription on the Rock, making that track a total of 4:10 in lenght, for a cd total of 40:55, still a reasonable total length considering the interviews.

Return to the Village is the main reason to get this set.

images-1.jpg

Hold me back!

faritnjohn2.jpg

Guess the number of times that I do NOT appreciate seeing that cartoon (Hint; It is a number between -10 and 0).

Just doin' my part to get us to page 100!!! :)

It's essential that it was included ,but by far not the main reason

yes it is, its the greatest ending music to an Indy film.

Nothing in Least Crusade is important to me, but TOD is by far the most important expansion

If you don't think "The Wrong Chalice/The Power of the Grail" is important, than I don't see how you can be satisfied with anything.

If you don't think "The Wrong Chalice/The Power of the Grail" is important, than I don't see how you can be satisfied with anything.

He really can't be. By sure you've figured that out by now. :cool:

can you not get it wrapped around your brain Curly that I don't care about anything in Least Crusade, its not as important as TOD

can you not get it wrapped around your brain Curly that I don't care about anything in Least Crusade, its not as important as TOD

You may be right that the TOD material is more important (in one sense it's a subjective matter, and on the practical side of things, TOD did get a shorter release). But I don't see why you wouldn't care about such great music as is in LC. Whatever, man.

I have a great two disc edition of LC that rarely gets listened to, I have Raiders and TOD loaded on my mp3 player but not the other two Indy scores, with little prospect that I will load them.

well if you really want an example of a mediocre-lame Williams score,there's Minority Report in that category .

No.

Can't we just agree that Catch me if you can is a williams mediocre score...and leave Indy alone?

NO!!!

Well, I am back. Watching the film made me anticipate the Box Set all the more.

Most of Raiders is released though, ToD and LC are what make this set so special.

On the weekend I did an MS Excel spreadsheet of the first three movies and a complete cue list comparison using the complete cue lists here at JWFan, the previous official release CD's and the new Complete Score Collection. Unfortunately I could not post it here at the time because all the formatting was lost. Now that I know there is a spreadsheet function with Google....

Here it is for you all. Any errors please let me know. BTW Each score has it's own page.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=ppI...jp5Bw&hl=en

If anyone has problems with this not opening send me an email. I have only just started using Google Docs and don't know how to set it up so it opens freely.

On the weekend I did an MS Excel spreadsheet of the first three movies and a complete cue list comparison using the complete cue lists here at JWFan, the previous official release CD's and the new Complete Score Collection. Unfortunately I could not post it here at the time because all the formatting was lost.

Now that I know there is a spreadsheet function with Google....

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=ppI...YfxPImXlA2jp5Bw

Let me know what you think and if there should be any changes. BTW Each score has it's own page.

Man we know very much about this boxset and still there are soo many questions! Concord please give us more :remybussi:

By the way; I don't get why people even response to posts like "AOTC is s**t", if you don't agree....

just let him have his opinion, and think about him what you want.

The prequels/KOTCS can be praised - right

Prequels/KOTCS can be bashed - right.

everybody can tell his opinion, but then both are RIGHT. neither of one is wrong, because the judge upon their opinion.. well some express it in a neutral and some maybe in (what seems to be) a absolute over the top way emotional, but arguing about musical tastes, I can't say it often enough...because

THIS IS THE MAIN PROBLEM OF THIS MUSIC BOARD

dialogues like:

A"Indy 4 is a nice OST"

B "No it's not, you are WRONG!"

A "Well no you are wrong, it is fantastic, call me a reason why it isn't!"

B"It is s**t and if you like it you like s**t, and if you say something like that, you are stupid!"

now if someone says, AOTC is bad composed music, without knowing the technical background of it, he ACTUALLY is stupid! because badmouthes something he even doesn't understand. that is a pseudo intellectual post by that person in a very stubborn way.

if someone just tells his opinion, and does it in a provocative way, why even bother responding to it??

Ignore it, and you will lead a happier life.

Don't you remeber those damn bullies from school, just ignore them and they will stop humiliating you...

my opinion is that Joey has a very bad attitude, he is in a certain age where I thought people should be a little wiser with there words, but in the end it doesn't seem to be a rule that everyone has to follow

Man we know very much about this boxset and still there are soo many questions! Concord please give us more :remybussi:

By the way; I don't get why people even response to posts like "AOTC is s**t", if you don't agree....

everybody can tell his opinion, but then both are RIGHT. neither of one is wrong, because the judge upon their opinion.. well some express it in a neutral and some maybe in (what seems to be) a absolute over the top way emotional, but arguing about musical tastes, I can't say it often enough...because

dialogues like:

A"Indy 4 is a nice OST"

B"It is s**t and if you like it you like s**t, and if you say something like that, you are stupid!"

now if someone says, AOTC is bad composed music, without knowing the technical background of it, he ACTUALLY is stupid! because badmouthes something he even doesn't understand. that is a pseudo intellectual post by that person in a very stubborn way.

if someone just tells his opinion, and does it in a provocative way, why even bother responding to it??

Don't you remeber those damn bullies from school, just ignore them and they will stop humiliating you...

my opinion is that Joey has a very bad attitude, he is in a certain age where I thought people should be a little wiser with there words, but in the end it doesn't seem to be a rule that everyone has to follow

Certainly a woman's touch to an old grouch board.

dialogues like:

A"Indy 4 is a nice OST"

Well said.