Indiana Jones: The Soundtracks Collection (OFFICIAL thread)

Erik Woods

I'm very happy with this set. Loads of extra music, how cool is that?

I like KOTCS, it gets better and better but definitely not as magical as the previous 3. Not enough of the Indy theme, I guess.

nope.

put it this way... to make room for any other cues, it means sacrificing something we ARE getting. so the question is, is there any cue on these tracklists you would sacrifice for another? i should think very, very few people here would say yes.

put it this way... to make room for any other cues, it means sacrificing something we ARE getting. so the question is, is there any cue on these tracklists you would sacrifice for another? i should think very, very few people here would say yes.

Well I for myself would sacrifice, Marcus Captured/to Berlin or the Raider's March for that cue defenitaly

I am a true believer

I'd sacrifice "The Raiders' March", sure! We already have it on Raiders (with the original Marion's Theme on it and those final 50 secs with the woodwinds), also on Temple and on Last Crusade... so yes, it's a wise choice to sacrifice from the 5th CD to give room to "A True Believer".

But, that's life... :remybussi:

I would have kept off the short Raiders march that appears to be on disc 5 and used only one version of the TOD End Credits.

7 days for Raiders!!!

Oh, is anyone else upset that "A True Believer" didn't make it to this set?

Obviously people (especially noobs) don't look at previous pages. I posted a few pages back that Peter owner of MovieMusic got word that the individual releases are being held off until next year, so only the box set is coming out this year.

That's probably a wise move by Concord, don't want anything disrupting the sales for the box set for now.

7 days for Raiders!!!

Oh, is anyone else upset that "A True Believer" didn't make it to this set?

Obviously people (especially noobs) don't look at previous pages. I posted a few pages back that Peter owner of MovieMusic got word that the individual releases are being held off until next year, so only the box set is coming out this year.

That's probably a wise move by Concord, don't want anything disrupting the sales for the box set for now.

Maybe you should tell them first...

http://www.screenarchives.com/title_detail.cfm?ID=10404#

Apparently he's the only one who's received that message because everyone still has it listed. And truthfully could you blame anyone for not reading thru 76 pages that probably contain 2 pages of actual valid info?

So why is Raiders being made from scratch--totally new track titles, and some new edits between tracks--while ToD and LC for the most part have the same track titles?

Ok, risking my neck at work but i got a glimpse of the main page and saw disk 5 had a tracklist.

Great news!

Coult 'to berlin' be the music that plays when Vogel tells elsa she has been requested to go to berlin?

It comes after the Marcus scene...or not?

And the catacombs from LC sound more fine in the boot... so its no great deal its missing...

bye!

No, the music there would be in "The Austrian Way." "To Berlin" has to be "Blasphemy/The Road to Berlin." I think they just put the cues on one track for a listening experience/flow thing. I just hope they are cleanly separable. If not, the DVD should provide SFX-free clean beginnings and endings for them.

So do you think the unused "Mummy Cave" is on the Raiders disc, attached to one of those cues?

Anything is possible. It's hard to speculate what exactly is on the score.

So do you think the unused "Mummy Cave" is on the Raiders disc, attached to one of those cues?

But it hasn't stopped us from getting this thread up to 76 pages and counting... :o

Hearing that for the first time was absolutely mind blowing - if only just because it was the first time I heard new Raiders music for the first time in decades.

Also, was there any talk on the boards about the new music in this clip (at 4:20)?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AFYeJmvRU0

I speak of the new stuff while Belloq confronts Indy. There was no music there in the film. Did Williams compose this in 2008 for the concert, or was it another unused cue written for the original release?

That music was NOT written in 1981 for Raiders of the Lost Ark.

Neil

Are you just going by how it sounds, or is there detailed documentation somewhere?

I've spoken to people about it who would know.

Neil

Hmm. What did they say? Who are they? Not to be a bug, but I have a historical interest in these things.

I would have kept off the short Raiders march that appears to be on disc 5 and used only one version of the TOD End Credits.

Your right as long as we absolutely get the film version. I have no idea what Return to the Village /Raiders March is doing on disk 5 instead of replacing the old track on disk 2

l

I've spoken to people about it who would know.

Neil

Hmm. What did they say? Who are they? Not to be a bug, but I have a historical interest in these things.

I can't remember where, but it was discussed before on this board. I think the general consensus was that JW composed that little bit so that the orchestra did not have to sit around not doing anything while that scene played in the concert.

Man we know very much about this boxset and still there are soo many questions! Concord please give us more :o

By the way; I don't get why people even response to posts like "AOTC is s**t", if you don't agree....

just let him have his opinion, and think about him what you want.

The prequels/KOTCS can be praised - right

Prequels/KOTCS can be bashed - right.

everybody can tell his opinion, but then both are RIGHT. neither of one is wrong, because the judge upon their opinion.. well some express it in a neutral and some maybe in (what seems to be) a absolute over the top way emotional, but arguing about musical tastes, I can't say it often enough...because

THIS IS THE MAIN PROBLEM OF THIS MUSIC BOARD

dialogues like:

A"Indy 4 is a nice OST"

B "No it's not, you are WRONG!"

A "Well no you are wrong, it is fantastic, call me a reason why it isn't!"

B"It is s**t and if you like it you like s**t, and if you say something like that, you are stupid!"

now if someone says, AOTC is bad composed music, without knowing the technical background of it, he ACTUALLY is stupid! because badmouthes something he even doesn't understand. that is a pseudo intellectual post by that person in a very stubborn way.

if someone just tells his opinion, and does it in a provocative way, why even bother responding to it??

Ignore it, and you will lead a happier life.

Don't you remeber those damn bullies from school, just ignore them and they will stop humiliating you...

my opinion is that Joey has a very bad attitude, he is in a certain age where I thought people should be a little wiser with there words, but in the end it doesn't seem to be a rule that everyone has to follow

I think I'm in love.....

Man we know very much about this boxset and still there are soo many questions! Concord please give us more :o

By the way; I don't get why people even response to posts like "AOTC is s**t", if you don't agree....

just let him have his opinion, and think about him what you want.

The prequels/KOTCS can be praised - right

Prequels/KOTCS can be bashed - right.

everybody can tell his opinion, but then both are RIGHT. neither of one is wrong, because the judge upon their opinion.. well some express it in a neutral and some maybe in (what seems to be) a absolute over the top way emotional, but arguing about musical tastes, I can't say it often enough...because

THIS IS THE MAIN PROBLEM OF THIS MUSIC BOARD

dialogues like:

A"Indy 4 is a nice OST"

B "No it's not, you are WRONG!"

A "Well no you are wrong, it is fantastic, call me a reason why it isn't!"

B"It is s**t and if you like it you like s**t, and if you say something like that, you are stupid!"

now if someone says, AOTC is bad composed music, without knowing the technical background of it, he ACTUALLY is stupid! because badmouthes something he even doesn't understand. that is a pseudo intellectual post by that person in a very stubborn way.

if someone just tells his opinion, and does it in a provocative way, why even bother responding to it??

Ignore it, and you will lead a happier life.

Don't you remeber those damn bullies from school, just ignore them and they will stop humiliating you...

my opinion is that Joey has a very bad attitude, he is in a certain age where I thought people should be a little wiser with there words, but in the end it doesn't seem to be a rule that everyone has to follow

perhaps you should contemplate your vagina more and you'd understand the bitchiness you just expressed so well while trying to seem above board. Its ok for people like you, and others to endlessly praise film scores unnecessarily so. It becomes rote in people like you. It is therefore perfectly acceptable to not praise scores unnecessarily so, till it too becomes rote.

I never talk the technical aspects of a score, as I do not have any musical knowledge, however I know what I like, and I have listened to Williams scores longer than anyone here, yes its my opinion, I'm forceful with it. You are correct in that when I say AOTC is s#!% people should take it for the value it is, which is not much, unless they are of the same opinion, most of the really good JW fans are btw.

You are in error though when you allow opinions to go unchecked that are so outlandish, like TOD and LC are the equal of Raiders.

perhaps you should contemplate your vagina more and you'd understand the bitchiness you just expressed so well while trying to seem above board. Its ok for people like you, and others to endlessly praise film scores unnecessarily so. It becomes rote in people like you. It is therefore perfectly acceptable to not praise scores unnecessarily so, till it too becomes rote.

I never talk the technical aspects of a score, as I do not have any musical knowledge, however I know what I like, and I have listened to Williams scores longer than anyone here, yes its my opinion, I'm forceful with it. You are correct in that when I say AOTC is s#!% people should take it for the value it is, which is not much, unless they are of the same opinion, most of the really good JW fans are btw.

You are in error though when you allow opinions to go unchecked that are so outlandish, like TOD and LC are the equal of Raiders.

you know, all I said was:

You can type the word s**t a thousand times expressing your hatred.. people shouldn't feel offended by it, they always seem to be in defense mode .thats unnecessary I think.

People should realise that this is just an opinion..nothing more, nothing less

and in my opinion you are just a ballooned, bigheaded pig, who thinks 100 years, or so, of listening to filmmusic, makes him the ultimate judge of whats good and whats not..easy as that

just my opinion

well,Miss Padme , you let him get to you also

yes I just realised that, but it seems, sometimes you just have to lower yourself.. I understand you guys now, it is sometimes hard to not react emotionally.

Wow Joe, that's crossing the line a bit with your latest post there. If that doesn't get you banned for a while, I dunno what will.

nahh if you referring to "contemplate my vagina" thats just the name of a part of the female body

it seems to be the attitude of some guys here to mention my female parts, once I go on there nerves.. has to be some kind of tactic.

Yes opinions in taste. Go unchecked? Sounds dangerous. Yes you definitely should protect yourself and others against such things. These "outlandish opinions" might corrupt the unblemished and innocent soul of this fine MB and the one true way of looking at things.

you know, all I said was:

You can type the word s**t a thousand times expressing your hatred.. people shouldn't feel offended by it, they always seem to be in defense mode .thats unnecessary I think.

People should realise that this is just an opinion..nothing more, nothing less

and in my opinion you are just a ballooned, bigheaded pig, who thinks 100 years, or so, of listening to filmmusic, makes him the ultimate judge of whats good and whats not..easy as that

just my opinion

as was mine, Im not the ultimate judge, what you infer just shows you're not as thoughtful as you think. If you've even read my posts Im more of a John Williams fan, and less of a film music fan. You yourself said that my opinion should be treated for what it is, an opinion. Just as I treat what you said with the same. You should also know that there are people here who are fun to manipulate, I wasn't trying to manipulate you, as you seem fairly nice and far more knowledgable of "music" than me. Still my opinion of people who think AOTC is good music is low, because as a Star Wars score it fails.

KM you're the most easily manipulated person here.

That's the thing; you claim your opinions are your own but then you say that they're backed up by irrefutable facts. And this "grumpy old man" act isn't cute or funny. It's just bullying.

That's the thing; you claim your opinions are your own but then you say that they're backed up by irrefutable facts. And this "grumpy old man" act isn't cute or funny. It's just bullying.

Indeed...

and, to allow that as I said earlier is to allow someone to say that Disaster Movie is as good a film as Raiders of the Lost Ark.

under your thoughts Henry, thats a perfectly defensible statement.

Trent/Vosk whatever, you left the board for awhile in a huff and made some really nasty statements about us here, you should probably stay out of this, as you arn't innocent.

whatever Vosk, we know what you said.

you just didn't have the "boy" to say it to us here.

and, to allow that as I said earlier is to allow someone to say that Disaster Movie is as good a film as Raiders of the Lost Ark.

under your thoughts Henry, thats a perfectly defensible statement.

Yes. I don't agree with it (and would probably laugh my ass off if it was made), but it's not absolutely wrong the way 1+1=3 is wrong.

perhaps you should contemplate your vagina more and you'd understand the bitchiness you just expressed so well while trying to seem above board.

Look Joe, we all know your 'way' around here, but what you just said is simply bang out of order. In fact you should get some sort of ban for it. Come down from up where you place yourself and realise that your sh*t stinks with the best of 'em.