Indiana Jones: The Soundtracks Collection (OFFICIAL thread)

Erik Woods

Election Day is the 4th. The Indy set is the 11th.

Neil

It's the 8th, Mark. It's released on the 4th. It was 4 weeks away yesterday.

Idiot!!

The American dollar is at an all time low right now. If memory serves I think the Euro has more value than the American dollar right now.

1 dollar = 1.3669 euros

It is the other way around ;) 1€=1.37$ Advantageous for us Europeans to buy from American retailers.

Oh and I will wait and see if the set will hit the stores here in Finland on the Nov. 11th. I know I am old fashioned but that is the nicest way to buy a CD. And if there is no sign of it, even after badgering the CD store people for the next 3 weeks, then I will order online.

The American dollar is at an all time low right now. If memory serves I think the Euro has more value than the American dollar right now.

1 dollar = 1.3669 euros

It is the other way around ;) 1€=1.37$ Advantageous for us Europeans to buy from American retailers.

Whoops... ;)

Thanks for catching that.

The closest thing I have to a music store are the (as Herr Olivarez already mentioned) laughable soundtrack section in Border's and Barnes and Noble.

Borders used to be a lot better a few years ago, but they're still not too bad.

Here where I live we have Borders, Barnes and Noble, and tons of assorted used video game and music stores. So I'll expect to find it fairly quickly. Or I could go to a Wal-Mart and see if they will have it in stock (Which I wouldn't doubt that they will).

1 dollar = 1.3669 euros

Whoops... ;)

Thanks for catching that.

yes but the € is sliding constantly - one week ago it was 1,4$ and in july, when I bough most of the stuff from america it was 1,70$!!!!!

it is constantly falling, soon it will be equal again. so use the times in which the dollar is still weaker than the Euro!

Actually 4-weeks and 5 days if you want to get technical, although shipping can add to that time.

I think we need one of these, to really whip up the pandemonia:

Untitled-1-1.jpg

;)

Do any of you suggest Best Buy will have a decent price?

For CD's, I doubt it they're generally the highest. Electronic prices they're not too bad. For CD's go to Amazon if you want.

For CD's, I doubt it they're generally the highest. Electronic prices they're not too bad. For CD's go to Amazon if you want.

Best Buy CD prices are average and pretty good. They range from $11 to $16. Double disc sets are usually at least $20. They're better than places like Borders and Barne's & Noble, because they charge full list price, usually $18 or more.

But I agree with Trent, Amazon is the way to go.

Best Buy CD prices are average and pretty good. They range from $11 to $16. Double disc sets are usually at least $20. They're better than places like Borders and Barne's & Noble, because they charge full list price, usually $18 or more.

But I agree with Trent, Amazon is the way to go.

Best Buy has it listed on their site for $59.99.

Actually 4-weeks and 5 days if you want to get technical, although shipping can add to that time.

Untitled-1-1.jpg

:P

I want one of those! If you can get it to actually work, that is. :mrgreen:

I would just go ahead and order the box set online if you can. That's the cheapest way to get it and I have a feeling that the odds of finding it in store may be futile on November 11th.

Dunno if it's even true .Apparently the individual Raiders release has been cancelled according to the thread at FSM

And they still have a month to do the same with the box set.

Before you get the whole board in a major panic for no reason you might wanna e-mail Concord and politely ask them.

Although it makes sense to cancel or push back the individual release, especially if you plan on releasing the other two scores in 2009.

Well I thought it was kinda silly to issue Raiders as a single 4 weeks before the box set. Although I could see why Concord might release Raiders, no re-use fees, popularity of the music, from a marketing standpoint it didn't seem like a good idea to me.

But SAE has also taken down their pre-order link to Raiders. The box set is still listed at Amazon and SAE. So don't go jumping to all these conclusions and don't panic.

Untitled-1-1.jpg

:P

I also would like to have a real counter like this! hehe.

Here's some track times:

01. In the Jungle - 4:12

02. The Idol Temple - 4:01

03. Escape from the Temple - 1:36

04. Flight from Peru - 2:25

05. Washington Men/Indy's Home * - 1:13

06. A Thought for Marion/To Nepal - 2:19

07. The Medallion - 2:55

08. Flight to Cairo - 1:31

09. The Basket Game - 4:50

10. Bad Dates * - 1:24

11. The Map Room: Dawn - 3:55

12. Reunion in the Tent/Searching for the Well - 4:13

13. The Well of the Souls - 5:29

14. Indy Rides the Statue * - 3:09

15. The Fist Fight/The Flying Wing - 4:38

16. Desert Chase - 7:41

17. Marion's Theme/The Crate - 2:10

18. The German Sub - 1:17

19. Ride to the Nazi Hideout - 3:20

20. Indy Follows the Ark - 1:40

21. The Miracle of the Ark - 6:08

22. Washington Ending & Raiders March - 6:49

Dunno if it's even true .Apparently the individual Raiders release has been cancelled according to the thread at FSM

And they still have a month to do the same with the box set.

KM you missed my post a few pages back. I posted that Peter over at Movie Music got info that there was only going to be the box set this year.

So judging by those track times, it appears that "The Poisoning" and "The Mummy Cave" are included!!

Does this mean that the only unreleased Raiders music now is the Cairo source music?

If Uncovering the Ark from disc 5 contains the 1 min Through the Wall as well, then it looks like Raiders is finally complete score-wise.

Given the relatively few tracks on the last disc, I think that's quite likely.

So judging by those track times, it appears that "The Poisoning" and "The Mummy Cave" are included!!

Does this mean that the only unreleased Raiders music now is the Cairo source music?

No... it means that "Through the Wall" and its alternative are missing. It seems we had this wrong the whole time: "Indy Rides the Statue" is actually "The Mummy Cave" (8M3 Escape from the Pit). "Through the Wall," which reprises Indy's action motif from the beginning of the film, is an alternative cue (8M3 Fix). The written score lays this all out. 8M3 was apparently revised again (the shorter "Through the Wall" insert), but this cue is unaccounted for in the written score.

As richuk mentioned, it could be on disc 5, but don't hold your breath. We've already found that "The Basket Game" is missing music.