Indiana Jones: The Soundtracks Collection (OFFICIAL thread)

Erik Woods

I'm confused. Are we saying Indy Rides The Statue won't have the music for him riding the statue i.e. the action motif followed by the quick Raiders March refrain?

I preordered this today. Been a little busy of late, so I'm trying to catch up with everything.

I'm confused. Are we saying Indy Rides The Statue won't have the music for him riding the statue i.e. the action motif followed by the quick Raiders March refrain?

Yes. That action motif is part of 8M3 Fix, an alternative version of 8M3 Escape from the Pit (or "The Mummy Cave" or "Indy Rides the Statue" - yeesh, confusing). As for the Raiders March, it's tracked in from "Desert Chase." Man, I can't believe Williams rescored that scene twice only to have music tracked in.

And I'm sorry to say it, but the sound quality on this release is just not as good as the DCC Raiders. It's not horrible by any means, but it's far less vibrant and clear. On the upside, "Map Room" has a stronger choral mix.

Well as an owner of the previous expanded Raiders release, I won't be purchasing this. Washington Men was the only exclusive cue worth having, but not worth the silly money. One for the completests indeed

Hopefully the following discs will be more satisfying, 'coz the first disc was absolutely nothing to get excited about.

Well as an owner of the previous expanded Raiders release, I won't be purchasing this. Washington Men was the only exclusive cue worth having, but not worth the silly money. One for the completests indeed

Hopefully the following discs will be more satisfying, 'coz the first disc was absolutely nothing to get excited about.

I read wrong, my bad.

It appears that in the interest (or legal necessity) of staying faithful to the original album tracks, both "The Basket Game" and "Desert Chase" have been reverted to their original, edited forms.

This album must be a "work in progress"... the mixes are very much like te John Neal mixes from the original 1981 album, and also the lenghts of "Basket Game" and "Desert Chase"...

It appears that in the interest (or legal necessity) of staying faithful to the original album tracks, both "The Basket Game" and "Desert Chase" have been reverted to their original, edited forms.

Hm, that makes sense. That means this will only be a problem for Raiders, and easily fixed by inserting the cues from the DCC release.

I'm sort of disappointed now!

"Basket Game", "Desert Chase", "Indy Rides the Statue"... definitely not what I was expecting...

I'm affraid of what they could've done with the other 3 albuns... :)

I hate it when they do that, because now we have to insert cues from another release as well as probably the boot for Crusade. The set is feeling less self contained by the day.

phbart - what's wrong with Indy Rides the Statue? Not the most riveting cue I grant you though.

I hate it when they do that, because now we have to insert cues from another release as well as probably the boot for Crusade. The set is feeling less self contained by the day.

phbart - what's wrong with Indy Rides the Statue? Not the most riveting cue I grant you though.

'Cause when you read "Indy Rides the Statue", I think it comes to your mind the scene where Indy climbs and "knocks" the statue down, and not the scene of Marion being "chased" by skeletons...

And what've they done with Basket Game and Desert Chase... my Lord! They really managed to screw this way up! Catastrophical, to say the least!

Somehow, I knew I'd have to stick with my good old 1995 DCC. My only luck is that disc 5 has "Uncovering the Ark", wich will save me from buying a very expensive $70 double LP, for wich I don't even have the necessary equipment to play it nicely...

Here's some track times:

01. In the Jungle - 4:12

02. The Idol Temple - 4:01

03. Escape from the Temple - 1:36

04. Flight from Peru - 2:25

05. Washington Men/Indy's Home * - 1:13

06. A Thought for Marion/To Nepal - 2:19

07. The Medallion - 2:55

08. Flight to Cairo - 1:31

09. The Basket Game - 4:50

10. Bad Dates * - 1:24

11. The Map Room: Dawn - 3:55

12. Reunion in the Tent/Searching for the Well - 4:13

13. The Well of the Souls - 5:29

14. Indy Rides the Statue * - 3:09

15. The Fist Fight/The Flying Wing - 4:38

16. Desert Chase - 7:41

17. Marion's Theme/The Crate - 2:10

18. The German Sub - 1:17

19. Ride to the Nazi Hideout - 3:20

20. Indy Follows the Ark - 1:40

21. The Miracle of the Ark - 6:08

22. Washington Ending & Raiders March - 6:49

Where did you get these, if I may ask?

Sorry if it has already been mentioned, but this thread has become difficult to read with all the post deletions.

What's the problem? The tracks are the same as the original release or something? Bad sound quality? How can they screw up music that's already been recorded?

Well this is one scenario we didn't predict. Some tracks expanded, others cut down.

Not the end of the world

Well I don't really care what they do to Raiders. The question is whether this bodes ill for ToD and LC.

What's the problem? The tracks are the same as the original release or something? Bad sound quality? How can they screw up music that's already been recorded?

Because the music was remastered from scratch (and maybe from different sources). DCC owns Steve Hoffman's brilliant remastering of Raiders.

Well this is one scenario we didn't predict. Some tracks expanded, others cut down.

Not the end of the world

Well I don't really care what they do to Raiders. The question is whether this bodes ill for ToD and LC.

I wouldn't hit the panic button yet. Everything on this set looks to be based off the original OST releases, including Raiders.

Not the end of the world

True, but there has only been one release for ToD and Crusade. There's nothing to cut down to.

Sure... if the only instruction was "keep the original album edits", so we're fine with TOD and LC, 'cause the few music that these original albuns have, at least are complete!

I still can't believe they butchered "Basket Game" and "Desert Chase" just for the sake of keeping the spirit of the original album release... it just doesn't make any sense! Those tracks were allready released in their complete forms once...

Things we'll never understand...

I've never seen so much up and down emotion with one set. We get good news, we get bad news, we celebrate, we panic...

And don't forget, it all started well before the expanded quality was proclaimed. In fact, before Indy 4 came out, starting with the FSM Podcast that included unreleased ToD music, it has been a rollercoaster of emotions for this set.

Hopefully it'll all be worth it in the end, I know that I'm not bothered by the latest news.

[phbart]

Hey, at least we have the full versions.

You won't be complaining about stuff like this if the other two are pulled off right.

TOD, LC and the 5th album are the only hope for me to give at least a smile about this box. I also hope you're right about it...

Uhm, tiny question: Do we *know* this leak is legit? Because from the description, I'd have guessed these were just the tracks from the original release (they don't contain the additional DCC material and they sound like the old release)...?

Anyway, as long as the new release sounds fine and has the important unreleased stuff, I'm not too worried about missing bits, I can fill the gaps with the DCC tracks.

Anyway, as long as the new release sounds fine and has the important unreleased stuff, I'm not too worried about missing bits, I can fill the gaps with the DCC tracks.

Yep, it's not a tragedy, even though I would prefer a properly assembled product and not have to worry in doing my own edits.

Uhm, tiny question: Do we *know* this leak is legit? Because from the description, I'd have guessed these were just the tracks from the original release (they don't contain the additional DCC material and they sound like the old release)...?

We don't ACTUALLY know if it's legit, but it's very likely that yes, it is! The two unreleased tracks sounds pretty fine, not nearly as horrible as the bootleg. And the mix is very much close to the original 1981 album, that was mixed by John Neal, with only one difference: the pitch is now correct.

So I think this legit (unfortunatelly)...

For once, I refuse to give in and download this thing. I can wait for November. Or December, if it has to be my Christmas gift.

Dammit, I'm a grown man! November, I say!

Well, it this is the case, it appears Bouzereau worked with the original album masters of all the three scores and then used the session master tapes for the new unreleased tracks. A very strange decision, however.

Yep, it's not a tragedy, even though I would prefer a properly assembled product and not have to worry in doing my own edits.

We'd have to do it anyway with the material on disc 5, so this is just a little more.