Indiana Jones: The Soundtracks Collection (OFFICIAL thread)

Erik Woods

And if it turns out that the new release is NOT edited then I'll just try to unload the DCC real fast.

You also have to take into account the overall sound quality.

My DCC album is not going anywhere

Exactly. My birthday is coming up next month - perhaps it'll be easier on the wallet to have someone buy the DCC for me..

Here's some track times:

01. In the Jungle - 4:12

02. The Idol Temple - 4:01

03. Escape from the Temple - 1:36

04. Flight from Peru - 2:25

05. Washington Men/Indy's Home * - 1:13

06. A Thought for Marion/To Nepal - 2:19

07. The Medallion - 2:55

08. Flight to Cairo - 1:31

09. The Basket Game - 4:50

10. Bad Dates * - 1:24

11. The Map Room: Dawn - 3:55

12. Reunion in the Tent/Searching for the Well - 4:13

13. The Well of the Souls - 5:29

14. Indy Rides the Statue * - 3:09

15. The Fist Fight/The Flying Wing - 4:38

16. Desert Chase - 7:41

17. Marion's Theme/The Crate - 2:10

18. The German Sub - 1:17

19. Ride to the Nazi Hideout - 3:20

20. Indy Follows the Ark - 1:40

21. The Miracle of the Ark - 6:08

22. Washington Ending & Raiders March - 6:49

Where did you get these, if I may ask?

Sorry if it has already been mentioned, but this thread has become difficult to read with all the post deletions.

Was this question EVER answered? What is the source of the track times?

-Erik-

I find it rather strange that The Map Room: Dawn is 3:55. On the Polydor it's 3:57 and on DCC 3:52. Let's see, maybe it's a big fake.

Whilst we're talking about Indy cover artwork (boot or not), does anyone know what happened to the Indy covers based on the design of the 2003 "complete adventures" DVD set? I really like that artwork with the maroon background.

Not what you were talking about exactly, but I whipped these up a while ago in anticipation for the box set:

http://web.me.com/valentin.ice/Valentin_Ice/Indy_covers.html

Select a picture and be sure to click "Download" in the upper right corner to get a high-res version.

Whilst we're talking about Indy cover artwork (boot or not), does anyone know what happened to the Indy covers based on the design of the 2003 "complete adventures" DVD set? I really like that artwork with the maroon background.

Not what you were talking about exactly, but I whipped these up a while ago in anticipation for the box set:

http://web.me.com/valentin.ice/Valentin_Ice/Indy_covers.html

Select a picture and be sure to click "Download" in the upper right corner to get a high-res version.

Very nice! Thank you for including several options for each of the films, as I know some people get fussy about poster artwork variations and such (for instance, I don't care for the LC poster with the modified open-shirt ToD Indy, but that's just me).

All it needs is to change the "Complete Musical Anthology" to the official title and you're all set, but in general they all look great! Definitely something I'd consider using for my iPod cover art (my printer does a horrible job at CD covers).

I understand why some people who don't have the old soundtrack releases would be turned off by tracks being incomplete on these new versions. However, I'm not one of them. I've got the 1995 ROTLA, Japanese ToD and TLC. My interest in this set is getting as much previously unreleased music as possible. They could have deleted music that was on previous releases for all I care.

They could have deleted music that was on previous releases for all I care.

And it appears that they have.

At least I have the other official releases so I can "fill in the blanks" as it were. So I'm not too fussed. I barely listen to my CDs anymore, now that I have my 80 GB iPod, so I can mix n match and rearrange and resequence to my heart's content.

So if I never listened to the score outside of the film, I will not mind these heart-wrenching edits to the two cues?

They're not heart-wrenching; they're gut-wrenching. Get your facts straight, Parker.

Even if you don't notice the edits, you'll always have that nagging somewhere in the back of your mind that you're missing out... :)

Even if you don't notice the edits, you'll always have that nagging somewhere in the back of your mind that you're missing out... :)

I am hearing voices... in my head....

That's awesome.

I don't get why it's assumed that Bouzereau chooses the tracks. All hes done in soundtracks are Williams albums connected to his Spielberg DVD interview projects and they were all handled by Williams and Shawn Murphy, who ultimately determined the sound quality and content. In all of those cases we ended up having to keep our previous editions - and on The Phantom Menace as well - and in the case of E.T. and Jaws they took Grammy-winning OSTs off the shelves. We're getting a ton of unreleased music, great, but it all sounds like a lot of ego and bureaucracy is behind this. On top of that it's coming out from a label that seems to not know what they're doing. The whole thing makes me wish this were being done by FSM or Intrada. Can't wait until we finally have the damn thing and this madness is over and we can get on with just enjoying the music - in our own preferred assemblies that we have to create ourselves, of course.

If there's no weird microedits in the unreleased music I'll be happy .I assume there's some kind of explaination for Desert Chase and Basket Game

At least we know there's no major omissions ,so it should be 95% good.

I almost wish the whole thing leaks online just in case there's a last minute release problem.

I don't get why it's assumed that Bouzereau chooses the tracks. All hes done in soundtracks are Williams albums connected to his Spielberg DVD interview projects and they were all handled by Williams and Shawn Murphy, who ultimately determined the sound quality and content.

CE3K was done before the DVD era (connected to the VHS releases I believe). E.T. was done before the DVD was released. Jaws was not connected to the DVD release. As far as I know, Murphy wasn't involved in the great-sounding CE3K and E.T. (we're talking about the 96 release here, not the muddy-sounding 2nd expansion that came out in the DVD era).

I don't get why it's assumed that Bouzereau chooses the tracks. All hes done in soundtracks are Williams albums connected to his Spielberg DVD interview projects and they were all handled by Williams and Shawn Murphy, who ultimately determined the sound quality and content.

CE3K was done before the DVD era (connected to the VHS releases I believe). E.T. was done before the DVD was released. Jaws was not connected to the DVD release. As far as I know, Murphy wasn't involved in the great-sounding CE3K and E.T. (we're talking about the 96 release here, not the muddy-sounding 2nd expansion that came out in the DVD era).

"DVD" was a generalization. "Video special editions" is more accurate. That would apply to E.T. but CE3K came out in 1998, 2 years into DVD, and the "Collector's Edition" came out on both LD and DVD. Jaws was in 2000 and came out at the same time as the initial DVD release. In all three cases, Murphy is credited as the engineer. That's obviously who is preparing the Indiana Jones set and I bet Bouzereau just takes what he's handed.

In all three cases, Murphy is credited as the engineer. That's obviously who is preparing the Indiana Jones set and I bet Bouzereau just takes what he's handed.
Just because the bass is a little punchier doesn't mean the overall quality is an improvement. To my ears it's very muddled.

there's an explaination for everything

Okay, it obviously hasn't occured to people that copyrights and ownership has played a big part in preventing this release happening sooner. There's a lot of legal jargon that needed to be sifted through before a release of any sort. It's entirely possible that there are a mountain of legal issues with using the DCC release as a base for *this* release. And we've been told all along that the ORIGINAL OST's have been the base for this release. Is it really *that* surprising that they've used the original release for Raiders as well?

Even more astoundingly, you already *have* the tracks in question having been officially released. Man, if you're all this bitter about something as insignificant as this, I'm dreading the day we find out the 'Indy Is Alive' isn't in the 'Return to the Village' track, or that 'Indy and the Villagers' is just the dull atonal music when Indy first arrives in the village. Let it go, folks. Let it go!

BESIDES, in the case of the Raiders disc, you're getting *less* already previously released material in preference of NEW, NEVER BEFORE RELEASED material. Thirty pages ago this is exactly what people were saying they wanted!!! Bleeding hell, I feel horrible for Bouzerou. He cannot win with some of you guys. Ever.

I'm happy

It also explains why the original ToD End Credits are on disk 2 and Return to the Village relegated to disk 5

But doesn't explain why Indy's Very First Adventure has extra music.

Okay, it obviously hasn't occured to people that copyrights and ownership has played a big part in preventing this release happening sooner. There's a lot of legal jargon that needed to be sifted through before a release of any sort. It's entirely possible that there are a mountain of legal issues with using the DCC release as a base for *this* release. And we've been told all along that the ORIGINAL OST's have been the base for this release. Is it really *that* surprising that they've used the original release for Raiders as well?

Even more astoundingly, you already *have* the tracks in question having been officially released. Man, if you're all this bitter about something as insignificant as this, I'm dreading the day we find out the 'Indy Is Alive' isn't in the 'Return to the Village' track, or that 'Indy and the Villagers' is just the dull atonal music when Indy first arrives in the village. Let it go, folks. Let it go!

BESIDES, in the case of the Raiders disc, you're getting *less* already previously released material in preference of NEW, NEVER BEFORE RELEASED material. Thirty pages ago this is exactly what people were saying they wanted!!! Bleeding hell, I feel horrible for Bouzerou. He cannot win with some of you guys. Ever.

Well, yes. I don't actually care because I sequence the hell out of my music and have the superior DCC tracks at my disposal. It's too bad, though, that casual listeners who don't know about or can't acquire the DCC release won't be getting the best sound quality and the full versions of "The Basket Game" and "Desert Chase."

It's great to have the three unreleased cues. They completely round out the Raiders listening experience.

Someone at FSM said this and I don't think it's been brought up here yet -

Do you guys think that maybe the single release of RAIDERS was postponed BECAUSE the folks behind the set realized that "The Basket Game" and "Desert Chase" were edited, and are now going back to fix them in time for the box set?

Yeah, it's a stretch, but it's no more ridiculous than all of the other unreleased material from the DCC album being present except for what was expanded.

In short: Until we have official track times for the set and more news, all of this is speculation, nothing more.

Do you guys think that maybe the single release of RAIDERS was postponed BECAUSE the folks behind the set realized that "The Basket Game" and "Desert Chase" were edited, and are now going back to fix them in time for the box set?

I doubt it

In TOD and LC case, we were fortunate that the original albuns have no stupid edits in any of the tracks. Not the same with Raiders.

And I see no point in re-release choped music that was once available in it's complete form... there's no explanation to it!

But I still have hopes that this leaked version is only a work in progress! I was comparing, among other things between the DCC and the leaked Concord version, the volume levels. The leaked version has very low levels comparing to the DCC, and there's no way a mastering engineer would be so incompetent of doing this unless it's a test album, or a work in progress...

Yeah. I was already gonna be resequencing and editing stuff for myself anyway, so having the DCC release, it's not that big a deal.

Interesting thing about that DCC release: I actually found a good quality copy at Half Price Books for $5-10. I thought about picking it up and selling it for the higher prices it's going for, but I decided to let someone go ahead and discover it at bargain price. Someone did grab it, so hopefully it was either someone who was looking for it, or someone who will really appreciate it.

or that 'Indy and the Villagers' is just the dull atonal music when Indy first arrives in the village.

What? That's not dull--the cue is basically the end of "Slalom on Mt. Humol." I was quite confused to find that it wasn't part of the track.

That said, my preference would be to have "Fortune and Glory" on that track if nothing else, but I'll be pleased to have any of those cues on this set.

I think Raiders was cancelled because once we starts to realise that there's choped music, maybe some second thoughts would rise about buying the box-set...