Indiana Jones: The Soundtracks Collection (OFFICIAL thread)

Erik Woods

who is Laurent Bouzereau ? What's his relationship with Williams ? Is he a score expert or he just produces these releases with not too much attention to fine details (wrong takes,alternates on E.T.)?

I mean no one here would pick the wrong take of E.T. is Dying...twice

He's probably one of the hottest and most in-demand DVD producer/documentarian of the film industry. He worked mainly at Universal, where he produced all the extra features for the Hitchcock Collection and several De Palma titles. He became the preferred guy for Steven Spielberg as well and produced all the extra features for home video editions of Spielberg titles since the days of the LaserDisc. This relationship led him to produce and supervise the expanded sountrack albums of E.T., CE3K and Jaws. He also interviewed the Maestro for many DVD extra features. He's known to be quite a fan of John Williams and there was a rumor some years ago that he was preparing a full biography of the Maestro, even though the news was never confirmed.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0100522/bio

http://www.dvdfile.com/news/special_report...t_bouzereau.htm

Thanks...he's not specifically into soundtracks or one of Williams apprentice ,that why we get little mistakes maybe

So is it worth the money?

From what I've seen, depending on the size of your screen and your (a) carelessness for or (b) wit against heavy DRM and potentially heavy customer control/surveillance (in the long run at least), it's worth it.

Me, I'm waiting until it's sufficiently cracked so it can be played freely.

The 1996 ET album came out around the same time as the laser disc re-issue. Was there a VHS re-issue then?

"Around the same time?" How about the CD was actually included IN the laserdisc set!

Which never made sense to me, since the laser disc also had an isolated score, presumably with the correct takes.

But even with the CD in the LD set, I don't remember if they came out at the same time.

Neil

but it was a GOLD c.d. with special artwork in that Lazerdisk set...I have that c.d.

and yes the Lazerddisk iso score is the ONLY source for E.T. is Dying film version ,The Kiss and Stuffed Animals

I already told the story .

i watched the thing once at some dude's house to record the unreleased music via the analogue output of the Lazerdisk player to my MD recorder (thank god these things had just been invented) . I then returned the Lazserdisk set to the store but with a regular copy of the soundtrack

haha!

Because we need new rip of this iso score .

ISO score>>>>Direct recording to WAVE via PC input>>>Flac File (to be turned into other file of your choice)

so far the only recordings of the iso score I've heard are my old MD recordings (full bitrate ATRAC ,actually very good but not "optimal" ) and another inferior version made through a tape recorder (once on JWfan central for D/L)

So is it worth the money?

From what I've seen, depending on the size of your screen and your (a) carelessness for or (b) wit against heavy DRM and potentially heavy customer control/surveillance (in the long run at least), it's worth it.

Me, I'm waiting until it's sufficiently cracked so it can be played freely.

I'm not sure if you're talking about Blu ray here, but if you are, it's been cracked, and amazing quality rips (nearly indistinguishable from the real thing) with no DRM are everywhere.

Plus, there are high def TV rips too. I've got all four Indy movies in stunning high def from when they were shown on BBC HD over here just before KotCS came out.

I have an Laserdisc player with a digital output and the equipment to record from that digital line.

None of that matters since the isolated score is on the analog track.

Neil

I'm not sure if you're talking about Blu ray here, but if you are, it's been cracked, and amazing quality rips (nearly indistinguishable from the real thing) with no DRM are everywhere.

The only cracks I know of (at least for Linux) involve first ripping and then decrypting the movie, and *then* watching it. I'll wait until it works on the fly, as with DVDs.

And I think Bluray+ or whatever it's called is not yet cracked. And that's the far more worrisome format from what I remember (including internet monitoring etc.)

I still have the E.T. laserdisc box set but haven't really found the motivation or need to extract the isolated score.

Yeah, because anyone else here would take 30 minutes of his precious time , record the 3 missing cues properly and make them available to everyone else. At least I would. You know,before the Laserdisk machine breaks and there's no way to do it anymore.

I know I'm probably not helping motivate you by giving you flak like this but those aloof "I'm not a fanboy like the rest of you" statements just make me mad ,especially on this board . If I remember correctly you were also too lazy to record easily accessible unreleased Olympic music from a cable channel only you had .

The film version of E.T. is Dying is a fantastic cue, and needs to be preserved in the best quality possible.

For whatever reason, I cannot open the page http://web.me.com/valentin.ice/Valentin_Ice/Indy_covers.html

Can you please upload your pictures somewhere else?

I'll be wanting some similar-styled covers for all four soundtracks to use on my iPod when they're released.

Does that mean that the sound will not go to the digital output?

That is correct.

Wouldn't that depend on the player? Or were there some specification licensing issues preventing manufacturers from building models with A/D converters?

And now with Indy mania entering it's twilight weeks, the box is coming out. I just wish I knew why it wasn't coming out the same day as the DVD set.

Maybe when the DVD was released in 2003, George Lucas already knew for certain that a 4th film was coming out, so he held these soundtracks because he felt it would benefit the earnings from 4th film, since he assumed that the 2003 DVD was going to big in sales, but not so sure if the 4th film would be the same.

I wasn't referring to the older set, I meant what's coming out this Tuesday. Between the separate KOCS releases and the DVD box of all four Indiana Jones movies there's a lot of Indy videos coming out and it seems odd that a few weeks later the CDs will be out.

Neil

Oh, I get it! Ehehehehe... :P

I still have the E.T. laserdisc box set but haven't really found the motivation or need to extract the isolated score.

Yeah, because anyone else here would take 30 minutes of his precious time , record the 3 missing cues properly and make them available to everyone else. At least I would. You know,before the Laserdisk machine breaks and there's no way to do it anymore.

I know I'm probably not helping motivate you by giving you flak like this but those aloof "I'm not a fanboy like the rest of you" statements just make me mad ,especially on this board . If I remember correctly you were also too lazy to record easily accessible unreleased Olympic music from a cable channel only you had .

The film version of E.T. is Dying is a fantastic cue, and needs to be preserved in the best quality possible.

Excuse me? Lazy? No you're not motivating me and if I do ever upload E.T. don't look for anything from me.

You're right in one respect, you are a fanboy. A big whiney arrogant fanboy who thinks everyting has to cater to his needs.

As far as that Olympic music goes I posted that info in case someone else had Time Warner and might be interested in doing something with it. I also didn't want my PM box filled with requests so that's why I mentioned I wasn't recording it. It's not my responsibility to provide music to this message board. There are a few members here I trade with and that's it.

After all these years you should know my sarcastic nature about things. And I am not obsessed with having every damn note that John Williams has composed. I've got 3 versions of E.T.and that's enough.

But don't worry I won't alert anyone anymore about possible Williams music or appearances on TV. You can figure it out on your own.

I'm just pointing our differences in our approach to unreleased material. You find me too obsessive and I find you too indifferent. No need to get in a permanent conflict here ,that wasn't my goal. Besides , you don't exactly put on white gloves when replying to me a lot of the times.

I'm still waiting for some track times...

:D

If I remember correctly you were also too lazy to record easily accessible unreleased Olympic music from a cable channel only you had .

I think that's bang out of order. First, it isn't being lazy - we're talking 30 second TV clips. Now I'm a fan of Williams, but to be honest, I don't give a crap about some 30 second piece of music he wrote for the olympics. If you're going to get angry about someone not voluntarily staying up until 6am to record something like that, you've got some scary priorities.

And I am not obsessed with having every damn note that John Williams has composed. I've got 3 versions of E.T.and that's enough.

If only all film score fans could learn when to say when. I'm perfectly happy with most releases. Sure, many of them leave off vital cues, but that's better than no release at all. I would think that people would be happy for the various versions of E.T. already available. I know that mine doesn't have everything, but I'm completely happy with it.

I think that's bang out of order. First, it isn't being lazy - we're talking 30 second TV clips. Now I'm a fan of Williams, but to be honest, I don't give a crap about some 30 second piece of music he wrote for the olympics. If you're going to get angry about someone not voluntarily staying up until 6am to record something like that, you've got some scary priorities.

Actually I did that for 3 days of Olympic broadcasts :D Some of us want these things .

but anyways sorry Mark O.I was a bit over the top on this.

It exists. For everyone's state of sanity, it exists. People thought the KotCS soundtrack didn't exist because of Concord's late promotion of the product. Someone has to sort out Concord's PR department. Oh and I don't want to cause mass panic, but has Concord provided any OFFICIAL confirmation of the track-lists?

I have a feeling this is just the calm before the storm. The week before November 11 will be chaotic!

Not to mention the presidential election AND the release of Quantum of Solace.

I was under the impression that the Presidential Election occurred around the same time as "Super Tuesday".

Super Tuesday is the day in March that a lot of states hold their presidential primaries and caucuses. Cauci?

I wonder what the back cover art for each CD will look like?

Ah, a new issue (more or less). They will probably be the same as the original album releases ( whatever those looked like).

EDIT: Well, Drax, that all depends on what I am implying, huh?

So when are these Disks being released?