Indiana Jones: The Soundtracks Collection (OFFICIAL thread)

Erik Woods

I'm predicting track times within a week.

Samples within two weeks.

Gee, is this something we can start a pool over? Kinda like ones where people can bet on the time and weight of a baby being born...

(Just trying to do my part to add to the inanity and the post cost on this thread.)

I just assembled my COMPLETE Raiders CD.

From the leaked Concord version, I used the 3 unreleased tracks plus Washington Ending & Raiders March because of the complete Raiders March, the LP rip of "Uncovering the Ark", and finally, all the DCC tracks (except track 01 "Raiders March", track18 "The Warehouse" and track 19 "End Credits"). I removed 1 or 1,5 secs of silent passages at the end of each track, and it now clocks at exactly 81:22,00. With that, I didn't need to use the overburning feature. It plays perfectly to the very last second.

I'm only waiting for the CD version of "Uncovering the Ark", that may sound better than the LP rip...

But what about the alternates! And the music as Indy scales the statue and burns the snake!

useless garbage.. who needs these crappy sounding bootleg traks attached to a wounderful set?

Only the most obsessed JW fan.. of which there are many here.

I will keep those, maybe even clear them up a little bit, but I WON'T add the riaders cues into that perfect album, nor will I add those crappy mp3s to the Last Crusade Disk. I will rather have a special CD with the unreleased bootleg cues, I won't mix them with the new CDs, so I can make a complete chronological Indy disk.

I will maybe add the DVD extracts of TOD, because the ones I will like to add are perfectly clean of sfx and the soundquality is 1000times better than the Raiders/Crusade bootlegs.

I am a huge Williams fan, but if I cannot have "Through the Wall Fix" in decent quality betw een the mummycave and uncovering the ark, so be it!

but anyways sorry Mark O.I was a bit over the top on this.

Don't worry, I've already forgotten and moved on. I apologize too....wanna hug?

:P

But what about the alternates! And the music as Indy scales the statue and burns the snake!

useless garbage.. who needs these crappy sounding bootleg traks attached to a wounderful set?

It's the closest we have from the film version, but indeed sounds awful and would ruin the beauty of this CD... anyway, I'm happy with "Indy Rides the Statue", but from 1:00 on...

The music where Indy burns the snake is in "Indy Rides the Statue".

Neil

Does anyone know what type og paper and cardboard Concord uses for their box sets?

I'm concerned that a lot of these box sets use cardboard with a high Chlorine content, that over time can affect the protective outer layer of a CD, weakening it or even discoloring it so the laser from the CD lens will be refracted.

This mostly seems to be happening with cheap cardboards manufactured in China and India.

And I am concerned about the font size in the boxed set. Will it be too small for me to fully enjoy leafing through the 25 plus booklet of rare photos and stuff.

Does anyone know what type og paper and cardboard Concord uses for their box sets?

I'm concerned that a lot of these box sets use cardboard with a high Chlorine content, that over time can affect the protective outer layer of a CD, weakening it or even discoloring it so the laser from the CD lens will be refracted.

This mostly seems to be happening with cheap cardboards manufactured in China and India.

wasn't the disc tray in Crystal Skull the same material as a normla jewel case tray?

That's what I'm sorta concerned about as well. I'm almost tempted to make my own covers for this set and put them in jeweled cases.

I feel no sympathy for those who purchase John Williams albums without the "King Mark Seal of Approval".

;)

That's what I'm sorta concerned about as well. I'm almost tempted to make my own covers for this set and put them in jeweled cases.

I feel no sympathy for those who purchase John Williams albums without the "King Mark Seal of Approval".

;)

I would imagine that they would use the same material they used for "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull".

EDIT: I am sorry that I quoted the post that I directly responded to. I thought Vosk was going to make another post. My apologies.

I'm part of an online conspiracy with Amazon, Tower Records and many other retailers to misrepresent the packaging of the Soundtracks Collection.

I'm part of an online conspiracy with Amazon, Tower Records and many other retailers to misrepresent the packaging of the Soundtracks Collection.

I knew it from the beginning. Have you looked outside your window, Henry?

EDIT: In response to Herr Hitch...(partially)

Touche. (Stupid non-accent-allowing keyboards). Anyways, there is no reason to believe that chlorine will destroy these Disks. Nothing has happened to my copy of "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull".