Indiana Jones: The Soundtracks Collection (OFFICIAL thread)

Erik Woods

Glad I haven't put the money towards the DCC version just yet, I hope this really does mean that Desert Chase will be complete then!

Any enthusiasm I lost after the "leak" is officially back!

So we are approaching page numer 100, and we have to wait 3 more weeks to see the set.

This board is wonderful!

(And the sound quolity of the two clips is wonderful too!!!)

With all the uncertainty--expanded or not, how expanded, disc 5 expansions only, unnecessary edits, bad sound quality, etc., this set is making out to be much better than I expected.

I guess track times are the final piece of whether this will be a near perfect set or not, but (knock on wood) I really think Concord delivered. We are very lucky.

About the sound clips: interesting how the end piece of "Raiders March" is included in the end credits. I'm glad they're not pausing between "Washington Ending" and "End Credits."

About the sound clips: interesting how the end piece of "Raiders March" is included in the end credits. I'm glad they're not pausing between "Washington Ending" and "End Credits."

I guess that it was Williams' original intention. The two cues are written to be continuous. For the DCC release it was probably an artistic choice to leave the beginning of the End Credits march clean.

I guess the clips have been uploaded, but they still have to properly link them to the boxset page. It happened also a few weeks ago with Intrada's Cinderella Liberty, when someone discovered a few days before the announcement by finding the preview clips on their directories. Sometimes film score fans are better than crime detectives...

I've just been listening to my DCC Raiders Soundtrack. I've been studying tracks 18 ("The Warehouse") and 19 ("End Credits").

If you listen very carefully to the final note of "Warehouse" you can actually hear the very first part of "End Credits" in the background. :happybday:

Also, it's amazing how different the CD version and the film version of the End Credits are. Presumably the CD version is the original recording. I prefer the film version (although I know it's been edited) because it packs more of a punch! :P

I'm not! The Warehouse and End Credits are TWO SEPARATE cues. This is like the nonsense of combining The Battle of Hoth into one long 16 minute track on the Special Editions. The best presentation of The Hoth Battle is the Anthology release.

-Erik-

They were separately recorded, but that doesn't mean they were meant to be left apart. Both ways of listening have their own merit and impact in this particular case, though.

I'm not! The Warehouse and End Credits are TWO SEPARATE cues. This is like the nonsense of combining The Battle of Hoth into one long 16 minute track on the Special Editions. The best presentation of The Hoth Battle is the Anthology release.

-Erik-

(about hoth) you mean, two cues in ESB disc and the other two in the Bonus disc, out of order?

Sorry, the sustained chords in most of those cues sound very annoyingly long. Those notes are there to help the mixing.

This is precisely, not one thing to complain of. Having unreleased cues IS.

And sorry, SW end credits arent also recorded separately?

SW may had been continuous play, but in ESB the cut is somewhat noticeable. No complains in these scores? What about the other 3 indy movies?

Where can I hear these clips?

Look back on page 98 and look at M.E. Russell's post.

BTW Erik it's kind of stupid to be complaining about this. I for one don't have a problem with the transition between those two cues. Like Henry pointed out too on the previous page in the film some notes are omitted from both.

-Erik-

Well as long as you still have the DCC, you won't lose anything.

It's not at all like in the movie. The film omits the last note of "Washington Ending" and crossfades right to the trumpet's entrance in "The Raiders March." It sounds pretty lousy when you listen closely. This new version certainly doesn't omit any music.

By itself, the final note of "Washington Ending" (or "The Warehouse" on DCC) sounds a little empty to me. I think it was designed to be complemented by the first note of "Raiders March."

See this is what I meant earlier Erik and I agree with Henry on this matter.

Again ,not that I want to undermine his credibility, but how did M.E. Russel find these clips? He has like 25 posts here and he also linked to a 2 year old You Tube video that has nothing to do with this box set. I hate people that just dump something then leave. I could also edit the DCC album's last 2 tracks to make it sound like that.

Also ,I think Bouzereau tries to replicate film segues .In the CE3K Collector's Edition he left the long sustained note of the Finale (I love that) instead of the OST going directly into the End Credits

Again ,not that I want to undermine his credibility, but how did M.E. Russel find these clips? He has like 25 posts here

My "credibility"? Really? I mean, REALLY?

Look at the Web addresses from those score samples a little more carefully there, KM. They're from the official Concord Web site.

To answer your question: The links -- all of them, including the official press kit and the (admittedly curious) YouTube links -- came from an official marketing press release that was sent my way. I presumed if those press-kit links were sent to entertainment journalists without an embargo request, they were probably decent fodder for this message board. Really no more complicated than that.

Now my post count is up to 26.

^_^ Good enough.

can't be too careful when someone with apparently huge amounts of time to waste made a fake Concord Raiders album a few weeks ago

^_^

can't be too careful when someone with apparently huge amounts of time to waste made a fake Concord Raiders album a few weeks ago

Well, next time, maybe you could start being "too careful" by checking the actual Web addresses on the streaming-audio links before suggesting I might be a liar. :D