Indiana Jones: The Soundtracks Collection (OFFICIAL thread)

Erik Woods

That is why I say put all the unreleased tracks on this Indy boxset at the expense of previously released ones .

That's rather silly.

You end up screwing those who don't have any of the original releases.

Hopefully we will be getting a track listing for TOD & LC soon and settle some of this madness. ;)

Hopefully we will be getting a track listing for TOD & LC soon and settle some of this madness. ;)

AMEN!

Helll who cares for them who don't have the previous release!

If you were such great John Williams fans you would have bought them on ebay. for 100$ each

Also if these albums are out of print, just download them in high quality! You know what I mean.. it is in present days possible to get to this music in perfect quality but the Unreleased music is not available in any form!!

That is why I say put all the unreleased tracks on this Indy boxset at the expense of previously released ones .

No, we will have a completely new level of madness then.

Just Watch!!!!

Ok you are being sarcastic again, right?

no no really.. these are my honest thoughts

or maybe less "heartless" why not reissue the originals seperatly and sell a box set with "More music from INdy" everyone would rejoice, as they promised...

I'll say it again ...I do not care a single bit about those people .That music is "out there" , and it can be traded for if you absolutely want it. This would only affect people who cannot bear the thought of file sharing ,cdr trading or downloading, like some of these holier than the pope FSM MB members. And if your posting or even reading in this thread ,there is about a 0% chance you don't already have AT LEAST high quality MP3's of the previous OST's

Bipolar?

well no, sorry.. I didn't even think that you will take my comments serious.. but I am not THAT long here, so you can't really know what is serious and what is not i suppose.

I don't like the LOL lets call it """"Artistic""""" approach to the set.. but I am not the greatest hater of it!

I know all the facts you brought up, just every little fact you mentioned in your posts about the UE.

I agree. If they waste CD space with previously existing cues, that is a big waste of money and really hurts the fanbase at the expense of casual purchasers. They should not attempt to make these standalone albums, but rather release all the unreleased music they can within their budget.

Bipolar?

well no, sorry.. I didn't even think that you will take my comments serious.. but I am not THAT long here, so you can't really know what is serious and what is not i suppose.

I don't like the LOL lets call it """"Artistic""""" approach to the set.. but I am not the greatest hater of it!

I know all the facts you brought up, just every little fact you mentioned in your posts about the UE.

I agree. If they waste CD space with previously existing cues, that is a big waste of money and really hurts the fanbase. They should not attempt to make these standalone albums, but rather release all the unreleased music they can.

absolutely not, the priority should be stanalone albums.

I'll say it again ...I do not care a single bit about those people .That music is "out there" , and it can be traded for if you absolutely want it. This would only affect people who cannot bear the thought of file sharing ,cdr trading or downloading, like some of these holier than the pope FSM MB members. And if your posting or even reading in this thread ,there is about a 0% chance you don't already have AT LEAST high quality MP3's of the previous OST's

Thats's exactly my opinion.

absolutely not, the priority should be stanalone albums.

Even if all they did was release the unreleased music on Indy 2 and 3, they WOULD be great standalone albums anyway. The unreleased music is not incosequential. It is MAJOR music.

Do not be so stupid. People who don't have the OST CD's would be complaing that Indy's Very First Adventure is not on there, or Bug Tunnel and Death Trap.

Get these fanboy ideas out of your head, this is not the way CD's are produced.

Fortunatly record producers must care about them.

Remember, there was a time in your life that you did not own these scores.

most people here still do not legally own TO.

yes you are right of course.. but I got most of these CDs from my fathers collection.. so I don't know how it is to not own them..

There are fans waiting for it and some new ones who want to have it.. i guess i have to calm down

Some of you are just being idiotic now, this thread has become more of a joke as it progresses.

Seriously folks, turn on the light and dust out the cobwebs, seriously.

Some of you are just being idiotic now, this thread has become more of a joke as it progresses.

naaahh just when I wanted to calm down..

what do you expect?? not even the official announcements were written in an intelligent way!

also why idiotic? we just say what WE want, not how it has to be.. and a fan who has the music and knows it from atrt to finished feels no need to get it again.

this thread has become more of a joke as it progresses.

you could say this about almost EVERY thread here

Fortunatly record producers must care about them.

Remember, there was a time in your life that you did not own these scores.

most people here still do not legally own TO.

Very fortunate.

I have only lever listened to the originals in youtube quality. Have a heart, folks...

And yes, I know it is possible to get them. Not everyone is loaded with money, though...

I think we're insistent on keeping this thread near the top until some substantial news comes out again. Just to remind us it's really happening or something.

And yes, I know it is possible to get them. Not everyone is loaded with money, though...

As I have said several times in various places on these boards, I picked up ToD from eBay for less than £20 including postage. You don't have to be loaded - you just have a be a bit clever.....and a bit lucky!

That being said - bring on these releases!!

As I have said several times in various places on these boards, I picked up ToD from eBay for less than £20 including postage. You don't have to be loaded - you just have a be a bit clever.....and a bit lucky!

Yeah, if you're persistent and check eBay and Amazon every once in awhile, you'll get what you are looking for. My brother has managed to get every single RCP score. Some of those are OOP and damn expensive, but the most he's ever paid for a CD I believe is $50.

In the first 2 years I posted here ,I was still building my JW collection, doing everything I could to get every release,bootleg by searching obsessively and trading with people.

Now I try to pay attention to any new tid bit of music that shows up to keep up to date.

Ah, memories. :)

- I got Raiders of the Lost Ark OST LP back in 1981 as a birthday present. (I didn't buy TOD or TLC when they 1st came out because I didn't buy any music when I was kid unless it was given as a gift, so I missed them 1st time around.)

- I got Raiders of the Lost Ark OST cassette in 1992 for retail (after I got my 1st CD player because the CD was OOP).

- I got Temple of Doom OST cassette in 1992 for retail (because the CD was OOP.)

- I got Last Crusade OST CD back in 1992 for retail.

- I got the DCC Expanded Raiders CD in 1995 for retail.

- I got the Japanese import Temple of Doom CD in 1998 mail-ordered from Footlight Records for $45.

- I got the German import Raiders OST CD in 1998 mail-ordered from Footlight Records for $15.

- I got several different the expanded Last Crusade and Raiders CD and CDR bootlegs in trades back in the old days on JWFan. (And who could forget John Takis' VHS extracts of TOD when that was our only option?)

- I got the DVD-extracts of Temple of Doom by doing them myself when the DVDs came out.

Can't wait for these releases. No pun intended, but they are a "Holy Grail" for us long-time JWFanners. (If nobody used that pun in this thread, shame on you; if someone used it already and I missed it, shame on me. :P)

Also, to add a few things to the thread:

- Most of my listening comes on a Digital Surround home entertainment system (from a CDR copy of the original, that only gets copied once, then placed on my CD collection shelf). Or at work on a portable mp3 player or an additional portable stereo or surround system.

- Stand-alone albums that are just the OSTs (or slightly expanded OSTs) and boxed set with complete expanded/remastered scores would rock. Or "More Music From" would be a good thing in addition, but one way or another they have to re-release the music already in the OST albums because they are so hard to find nowadays. Still, 2-CD sets with all of the music from each (ALA Star Wars Special Editions or Superman: Blue Box and various other examples) would be the absolute best scenario. Other than Raiders, the OSTs were pathetically and woefully short. Raiders was short too, but at least was a great stand-alone album.

I often said in the past: Make short, but remastered and slightly expanded album versions for regular CD stores, and special expanded/complete/limited/specially-priced editions for the collector/completest/nutcase fan crowd. Then all are happy. :)

I often said in the past: Make short, but remastered and slightly expanded album versions for regular CD stores, and special expanded/complete/limited/specially-priced editions for the collector/completest/nutcase fan crowd. Then all are happy. :)

But WHO is the market for the short versions? It's the same market. If people will buy short ones, they'll buy long ones if that's all they make available. Casual listeners don't even buy CD's as much as they download, so why make an album for them?

"Do not be so stupid. People who don't have the OST CD's would be complaing that Indy's Very First Adventure is not on there, or Bug Tunnel and Death Trap.

Get these fanboy ideas out of your head, this is not the way CD's are produced. "

LoL. If they never even heard it on CD, then who cares if they don't have their favorite cue on there? They are leaving off half the score, so that's ALREADY a problem.

tguitar, why?

Because I want to buy a CD that is good from start to finish, not a CD of outtakes that didn't make the original album.

They aren't outtakes. Every cue is equal.

Can't wait for these releases. No pun intended, but they are a "Holy Grail" for us long-time JWFanners. (If nobody used that pun in this thread, shame on you; if someone used it already and I missed it, shame on me. :))

I'd say it was more of a Shankara Stone for us long-time JWFanners. The sheer quantity of unreleased music from ToD gives it that title. :)