Indiana Jones: The Soundtracks Collection (OFFICIAL thread)

Erik Woods

The blue box is nowhere as significant as this.

Despite Superman IV: The Quest for Peace being completely restored and remastered over two discs and magnificent sound quality after never being released in any form before? Plus the complete scores to the first three films and then some? Sure, STM still has some NR issues, but the set is about as complete and well organized as it gets, plus the lengthy hardcover booklet tops it off in presentation.

The verdict isn't out yet on this Indy set.

I am listening to a true believer right now, and I can't understand how anyone can play this down, this is amazing music! absolute insane dark stuff and worth crying for, that it isn't included obviously!

I admit I have to listen again,but I remember that's the part of the boot I like the least

The blue box is nowhere as significant as this.

Despite Superman IV: The Quest for Peace being completely restored and remastered over two discs and magnificent sound quality after never being released in any form before? Plus the complete scores to the first three films and then some? Sure, STM still has some NR issues, but the set is about as complete and well organized as it gets, plus the lengthy hardcover booklet tops it off in presentation.

The verdict isn't out yet on this Indy set.

As I said,Superman 2 and 3 are not that important

I admit I have to listen again,but I remember that's the part of the boot I like the least

yes it is VEERY moody not just prequel music underscore. it is full of dark tension, but again, the RIP is not THAT bad!

also I just realised that the one who "released" those Indy 3 bootlegs shouldn't have tried to reduce the hiss. why it sounds horrible, otherwise it would sound like the Raiders Bootleg, which sounds much clearer, therefor it has alot of hiss.

The unhissed LC boot is unlisteneable ,far worse than the Raiders cues

Where'd the chatroom go?

Yes, nicely changing the subject. I'm not scared. :lol:

You will be. You will be.

You're just being weird now.

And I second the 'true believer' question.

It's when Mola Ram forces Indy to drink the blood in the skull and then he's thrown in the candle room

People forget that since the 1997 RCA Special Editions we've had Jaws, CE3K, Superman, The Blue Box, Aliens, The Wind And The Lion and El Cid to name a few, that are just as significant, if not more in the world of film music.

Of course if all you think about is JW then I can understand your narrow views.....:lol:

I listen to more Goldsmith than you think Mark, and there's no way anyone is going to convince me The Wind and the Lion is in the same caliber as Indy. Alien is also more of a cult thing, it has it's moments but...

Alien bored the pants off me outside the main theme.

Listening to the LC boot today has made me realise how staggeringly complex it is. I don't think much approaches it - it's Williams at his absolute peak IMO.

No I didn't forget about the LOTR, those pretty much blow any expanded /complete releases out of the water by the amount of music presented.

I also didn't forget about the Godzilla boxes, but those are foreign films and not much appreciation for Ifukube outside of a few posters.

Alien bored the pants off me outside the main theme.

Listening to the LC boot today has made me realise how staggeringly complex it is. I don't think much approaches it - it's Williams at his absolute peak IMO.

Richuk, richuk.... You think listening to a little John Debney is going to save you? That is what Tim thought....

EDIT: Oh, and thank you, king mark.

I'll refrain from listening to the boots until I get this set . I only checked out a few cues when we didn't have a track list to realize we were missing a lot of important stuff

I've been listening to establish exactly what we're missing.

Like with Rotk, there will be a point a few weeks before release, when I delete Indy from my playlist and move all the files somewhere hidden.

Maximum impact :lol:

EDIT: Where is "A True Believer" found in the film?

I think (unable to listen to the cue at the moment) it's probably from just after Indy is captured trying to steal the Sankara stones, he's tied up and they force him to drink the blood of Kali.

"You don't believe me, Dr. Jones? You will, Dr. Jones. You will become a true believer. "

Or as it sounds, "true beliewer". :lol:

EDIT: Where is "A True Believer" found in the film?

I think (unable to listen to the cue at the moment)

You're talking to Lumberg, I sympathize.

"Sympathize"? How so? Is there something you want to confess? You may not even need to bother, as your computer is being monitored as we type.

No idea how anyone could be bored by Alien.

well it bores me too. I don't like this brroding stuff sorry. well I hate the Alein films too, so there you go.

It's not just "brooding", it's highly textured, multi-layered, atonal and above all, frightening. You might even find it more effective while looking at HR Giger online galleries.

Or avant-garde musical representations of bio-mechanical imagery and claustrophobic suspense with clever thematic wheavings and variations just might not be your thing...

Yes, it can't compare to the Blue Box. The men and woman who have worked on this set, clearly knew it was a "holy grail". Supes wasn't a holy grail, we had almost all content for the first one.

I can understand now why a fifth CD, somehow the scores for each movie will be out on the shelves, for business reasons its better to have them as single CD's at a reasonnable price, say 13-16$. You cant do that with 2CDs for each score, business wise your profit margin wouldnt be as high.

Thsi is cool and all, but I'm hoping we can hear some Quantum of Solace in the coming days....this set is awesome, but really it's just an upgrade in sound quality from the boots, right? Either way I'm going to be buying it, it's huge news and all, but I'm a little more excited for brand new music that is released before the Indy set.

Thsi is cool and all, but I'm hoping we can hear some Quantum of Solace in the coming days....this set is awesome, but really it's just an upgrade in sound quality from the boots, right? Either way I'm going to be buying it, it's huge news and all, but I'm a little more excited for brand new music that is released before the Indy set.

Are you a member of "Office Space"? Apparently, Herr richuk is an esteemed member.

Thsi is cool and all, but I'm hoping we can hear some Quantum of Solace in the coming days....this set is awesome, but really it's just an upgrade in sound quality from the boots, right?

:blink:

this is almost signature quotable

And who knows, if this sells well then perhaps a more comprehensive 2 disc set of each score will follow.

If I'm not mistaken I believe either M. Matessino or Nick Redman mentioned over at FSM (several years ago) that the Anthology was basically a "test run" for the RCA special editions.

I know that some of you may think I'm not appreciative of this set, but believe me I am.

And who knows, if this sells well then perhaps a more comprehensive 2 disc set of each score will follow.

If I'm not mistaken I believe either M. Matessino or Nick Redman mentioned over at FSM (several years ago) that the Anthology was basically a "test run" for the RCA special editions.

I know that some of you may think I'm not appreciative of this set, but believe me I am.

I never doubted you. It was richuk who was the bad guy.

All is proceeding as forseen....

EDIT: I apologize to those who had to suffer through all of this. Blame it on richuk, though: he started it.

You did actually. I'm listening to music, you're the one.. bickering.

All is proceeding as forseen....

EDIT: I apologize to those who had to suffer through all of this. Blame it on richuk, though: he started it.

You did actually. I'm listening to music, you're the one.. bickering.

You seem rather hesitant typing "bickering". Was there another word that you were going to use?