Indiana Jones: The Soundtracks Collection (OFFICIAL thread)

Erik Woods

In response to indy4:

Then why are people complaining!?

Alright, fine. What do you want to complain about?

( Assuming that was what I am thinking of) Uh... [smiles] I cannot think of anything....

EDIT: I am pretty sure he was quoting "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade", Herr Olivarez. And I would have nothing to complain about, regardless. This Box Set saved me the trouble of looking for reasonably priced Disks of the original releases on Ebay.com.

What's important in this set is ToD and LC, and those look decent enough

Agreed.

Decent? They look excellent!

I was referring to the part that ToD and LC are the really important parts of this set, not Raiders.

What's important in this set is ToD and LC, and those look decent enough

Agreed.

Decent? They look excellent!

I was referring to the part that ToD and LC are the really important parts of this set, not Raiders.

Apology: Forgive me.

Addendum: Or else....

Oh give me a friggin break. You were fussing about 40 seconds of music missing from ROTS. And no one is really making a big deal about it. We're just sorting thru info.

not the same. Were not talking about microediting out the best part of a cue like Anakin's Dark Deeds

Yes ToD and LC is the only thing important in this set . I was never counting the days to finally hear "The Mummy Cave" and "Bad Dates" .Washington Men is cool but a very fleeting moment .

Either the reports of the film version of "Indy Rides the Statue" (the alternate) not being on the track are wrong, or that track time is wrong, because "The Mummy Cave" is like a 2:00 cue. Personally, I find it really hard to believe that that unused music is meant to go over the statue scene. I'll try syncing it up and see how it works.

If the track is roughly 3:00 long, then I'd say it probably starts with the film version, and then goes into the original.

No, it's 2:09. Not sure where that report of three minutes came from.

Hm.

I'm trying not to complain, but if I had to go with the b00t version of one or the other, I'd rather live with "The Mummy Cave," but oh well. If this sells well, then I wouldn't be shocked to see proper complete releases not too far down the road anyway.

Oh give me a friggin break. You were fussing about 40 seconds of music missing from ROTS. And no one is really making a big deal about it. We're just sorting thru info.

not the same. Were not talking about microediting out the best part of a cue like Anakin's Dark Deeds

:lol:

It's the same damn thing. But I'm glad you feel that Concord should cater to your needs only and that you should be the only one who gets what he wants.

Either the reports of the film version of "Indy Rides the Statue" (the alternate) not being on the track are wrong, or that track time is wrong, because "The Mummy Cave" is like a 2:00 cue. Personally, I find it really hard to believe that that unused music is meant to go over the statue scene. I'll try syncing it up and see how it works.

If the track is roughly 3:00 long, then I'd say it probably starts with the film version, and then goes into the original.

No, it's 2:09. Not sure where that report of three minutes came from.

Hm.

I'm trying not to complain, but if I had to go with the b00t version of one or the other, I'd rather live with "The Mummy Cave," but oh well. If this sells well, then I wouldn't be shocked to see proper complete releases not too far down the road anyway.

Honestly, I do not think a complete release is necessary.

Yay! Got my copy of The Accidental Tourist in the mail, with a fridge magnet!

But I digress...

Whether this supposed leak is the real deal or not, I am still freakin' pumped for this set. Now I also know SAE can get it to me within a week after the release. Pretty good, considering I'm all the way in whoop-whoop.

I'm going to have faith in Concord here and assume that these edits are NOT going to be in the set. I'm finding it hard to believe that there was a leak already for an album that may have made it to NO outlets that could make a leak possible. If it did leak I think it would have had to come from within Concord, and I find that to be unlikely.

In response to indy4:

Then why are people complaining!?

Alright, fine. What do you want to complain about?

( Assuming that was what I am thinking of) Uh... [smiles] I cannot think of anything....

Yes, I was just quoting.

Considering the bass improvment of the new Raiders disc, I'm pretty sure (and pretty happy too) that TOD will have the same treatment, since the original release has a complete lack of bass quality...

Considering the bass improvment of the new Raiders disc, I'm pretty sure (and pretty happy too) that TOD will have the same treatment, since the original release has a complete lack of bass quality...

Just because the bass is a little punchier doesn't mean the overall quality is an improvement. To my ears it's very muddled.

Judge what? I'm not objecting the actual on-topic conversation going on. I just know I'm not doing anything productive in this thread (most of the time).

That's what I mean. You can't call a person out on not contributing when you're doing the same, unless you were serious about the post count comment and not being sarcastic.

Just because the bass is a little punchier doesn't mean the overall quality is an improvement. To my ears it's very muddled.

If we consider the LEGO video game rip, I'm cool with it 'cause the non-SFX tracks have not only good treble quality, but superb bass quality too.

I can't quite explain why, but I liked this new mix more than the 1995 mix... let's just wait and see if this is THE OFFICIAL RELEASE that will be in the box... apparently it is, but who knows... we have 34 days left, and that's a looooooong time... many things can happen...

If we consider the LEGO video game rip, I'm cool with it 'cause the non-SFX tracks have not only good treble quality, but superb bass quality too.

I can't quite explain why, but I liked this new mix more than the 1995 mix... let's just wait and see if this is THE OFFICIAL RELEASE that will be in the box... apparently it is, but who knows... we have 34 days left, and that's a looooooong time... many things can happen...

The mix in the LEGO game is a step down from the ToD OST in terms of clarity, but you are right that the OST had very weak bass. If this is what we get, fine. However, it's really too bad that this new release of Raiders is actually a step down from the previous one in terms of quality. It's Return of the Jedi all over again - well, not *that* bad, but you get the idea.

The mix on the old DCC Raiders disc is one of the best out there, I'd be shocked if the new release is better.

I wouldn't say better, but it definitly has more bass power. And I'm very happy with the attention they gave to the choral section from "Map Room: Dawn", they even toned down the basses and drum-beats so we can hear it better...

I had Henry send me a snippet from the score and I agree it does sound muddled. I've found out a way to clean up scores to make them sound clearer...I'll be applying the same method to the Indy scores before I put them on my iPod when I get my box set.

The mix in the LEGO game is a step down from the ToD OST in terms of clarity, but you are right that the OST had very weak bass. If this is what we get, fine. However, it's really too bad that this new release of Raiders is actually a step down from the previous one in terms of quality. It's Return of the Jedi all over again - well, not *that* bad, but you get the idea.

Definitly not! Ehehehehehe... :lol:

I got the idea. But I think that, in Raiders case, the quality is not so much of a step down, but more of a "sacrificing some the treble to give more room to the bass", and somehow that seemed more pleasent to my ears...

I'm alone, I see... :lol:

Well, the bass sure is improved, that won me. I'm a bass lover...

But I'll always keep my lovable DCC edition because of the superb complete versions of Basket Game and Desert Chase, wich I'll pray it get rectified for the OFFICIAL release...

Well, we'll have both versions to pick and choose tracks.

ToD and LC are different recordings in a different state of decomposition, so we'll see.

Whether the DCC is better than the leaked Concord release, I agree with you, KM. We can debate it better once we have the OFFICIAL releases.

But, just by hearing Washington Men, Bad Dates and Indy Rides the Statue with decent (if not amazing) quality, makes me shiver of thinking about how it'll be when I listen to Stealing the Stones from TOD and The Power of the Grail with the same decency... uuuhh :lol:

I think just adding the 3 unreleased cues to the DCC album will pretty much be my final Raiders presentation .End of Story

Is it just me or Washington Men is a more impressive cue in the film than just hearing it alone?

I think just adding the 3 unreleased cues to the DCC album will pretty much be my final Raiders presentation .End of Story

Is it just me or Washington Men is a more impressive cue in the film than just hearing it alone?

By itself it's really impressive and misteryous... but in the film, with those mistery looking faces of Indy, Brody and the Washington Men plus those old Ark paintings depicting a massive killing gives much more effect to it!

I just combined all the Raiders track, including Uncovering the Ark and the complete Basket Game and Desert Chase, and it gave me a total of 81:44. I need to cut at least 25 secs so that can squeeze everything in a single CD without using the overburning feature...

That's great!!!!!!!

I just combined all the Raiders track, including Uncovering the Ark and the complete Basket Game and Desert Chase, and it gave me a total of 81:44. I need to cut at least 25 secs so that can squeeze everything in a single CD without using the overburning feature...

That's great!!!!!!!

Maybe that's why they went with the album versions of "Basket Game" and "Desert Chase".

Neil

But the new Raiders lasts 75:55, and with the complete Basket Game and Desert Chase, it would jump to 76:43...

I don't know much about the industry standards, but we still have close to 5 mins left in a CD-R

That's great!!!!!!!

Who the hell still burns cdr's?

KOTCS lasts 77:19, CE3K lasts 77:05, Superman BlueBox CD1 lasts 78:28 and CD3 lasts 79:34... and so on...

So I say it's a major step down to include butchered versions of Basket Game and Desert Chase, and if they keep this in the official release, it will be unjustifiable...

That's great!!!!!!!

Who the hell still burns cdr's?

How do you buy your uncompressed quality music? Are they selling it in Flac allready???

That's great!!!!!!!

Who still burns CD-R's?

I do.... (though only for scores that are literally impossible to get anywhere else)

Once I get the c.d.'s they'll get listened to in 320k MP3's .That sounds good enough for me.

Not for me... I like every frequency intact! Not that I hate mp3, but with a special occasion like this, it surely doesn't deserves it to be listened in 320kbps quality, but in it's full 1411 kbps... ;)

I fell more confortable by listening to my cheap CD-R with self-made tracklist, but in full and glourious 1411 kbps quality...

Indeed 320 kbps (or less) may sound very close to the full 1411 quality... but no thanks... ehehehe!

What?

Hum?