Indiana Jones: The Soundtracks Collection (OFFICIAL thread)

Erik Woods

I'm counting on you guys to post some great stuff in terms of resequencing the tracks, so don't let me down!

Pssh, yeah right. As if anyone here would actually be that anal.

(The folks on the Doctor Who Forum are having a little "awaiting tracklist" thread-watching party for the Series 4 soundtrack CD. It's rather quaint, in comparison to our mega-epic over here. :P )

Man, I've just registered there and the security is preposterous. The image verification is nearly illegible, they don't allow you to register if you use a free e-mail account (I don't know many people who don't), and it has to be activated by an admin.

Better be the best kept message board on the planet! I just want to see the discussion on the series 4 CD, which I'm anxiously awaiting.

(The folks on the Doctor Who Forum are having a little "awaiting tracklist" thread-watching party for the Series 4 soundtrack CD. It's rather quaint, in comparison to our mega-epic over here. :D )

Man, I've just registered there and the security is preposterous. The image verification is nearly illegible, they don't allow you to register if you use a free e-mail account (I don't know many people who don't), and it has to be activated by an admin.

Better be the best kept message board on the planet! I just want to see the discussion on the series 4 CD, which I'm anxiously awaiting.

It is rather, um, extreme, in terms of registration. As for being the "best kept message board on the planet"... well, I don't think I'd go that far, but they do OK over there. Plenty of mods, but still you get flames/trolls/etc as you do everywhere. Don't see too much spam, I'll give them that much.

Here's the link to the thread if you ever get in there... http://www.doctorwhoforum.com/showthread.php?t=191665

Unless the track is ridiculously mislabeled, "Marcus is Captured/To Berlin" will need to be split. Beyond that, I'm guessing there will be a number of cues which, while intended to flow together, will be presented in their originally recorded state. So, for instance: I'm predicting that "Dad's Study" will need to be put together with "X Marks the Spot."

I'm planning to listen to all the discs in order (with the possible exception of KOTCS, since it won't offer anything new), and then make my edits.

Doesn't have to, but more often than not, cues that are meant to segue together in film sound better that way just because they work that way as pieces of music. Would you really want to listen to "Slave Children's Crusade," followed by "Short Round Helps," but without them coming together as one piece of music? I wouldn't. It's meant to be together. They record these things separately for ease of getting good recordings, not because they're meant to be listened to separately.

The ripped DVD audio files from ToD have been sitting idle and unedited on my computer for three months since I learned of expanded Indy soundtrack sets. I'm waiting until next month to see how much I can just delete outright, and what is worth the time to work with to enhance Laurence B's set.

I'd been meaning for almost a year to redo my ToD rip, and then insert the leaked music from the Lego game after it came out. I'm glad I never did.

So guys and gals what will be the first thing you listen to when you get this box set?

Probably Indy's First Adventure and maybe a few other unrelased LC cues, then all of ToD.

(The folks on the Doctor Who Forum are having a little "awaiting tracklist" thread-watching party for the Series 4 soundtrack CD. It's rather quaint, in comparison to our mega-epic over here. :D )

It is rather, um, extreme, in terms of registration. As for being the "best kept message board on the planet"... well, I don't think I'd go that far, but they do OK over there. Plenty of mods, but still you get flames/trolls/etc as you do everywhere. Don't see too much spam, I'll give them that much.

Here's the link to the thread if you ever get in there... http://www.doctorwhoforum.com/showthread.php?t=191665

I joined there about a year ago, it is a ridiculous process. I never post there either, way too much fanboy over there. I just use it as a spoiler source.

EDIT: To the pertinent posts above: Yes, but they are intended to go together. As a matter of fact, I did put together "The Destruction of Krypton" (a rather oddly named title, more apt for the following cue) and "The Kryptonquake," because that finale is designed to build into that statement of the fanfare.

Yeah, they can be listened to separately, but if they're designed to go together...why not?

I love the flow of the opening of ToD, from Deal for the Diamond all the way through Slalom on Mt. Humol. I kept those cues together on one track on my rip, and I just might edit them together on the new release also.

I'm done with editing. That last one was Return of the Jedi. I took all the tracks from the 1993 Anthology and edited/combined with the 2-CD special edition. Previously, I did a TOD edit (dvd-rips plus original CD). But it's a process that bores me more and more.

With this box, I'm not willing to do any kind of editing... just combining is fine!

I think I will first listen to the whole set and then put everything on my computer and resequence the stuff chronologically for each film. I want to hear how Bouzereau's listening experience works first.

I'll probably just re-arrange the cues with the stuff from disc 5, then determine whether it needs editing. Obviously 'Marcus is Captured/To Berlin' will need to be cut in half, if it's indeed the cues we're assuming it is.... but we didn't expect 'Indy Rides the Statue' to be 'The Mummy Cave', now did we?

As soon as I get this set, I'm listening to ToD in full, all tracks in film order. The first track will be the album version of the End Credits, as a kind of overture to whet the appetite, then Anything Goes and the rest of the tracks in chronological order ending of course with the film version of the Finale and End Credits. All lights and phones in the house will be turned off, nothing will interupt or distract me for those 90 minutes.

I actually had a waking dream last week where I asked myself if my eyes would tear up from hearing so much unreleased music for the very first time. I honestly don't know.

How will you appreciate the wonderful box if you turn all the lights out?

I've been wanting all this ToD music for over twenty years, when I finally get my hands on it I just want it to be me and the music. That's what its all about, I'm sure the content of the box will be neat to go through, but that will have to come later. Step 1: ToD music. Step 2: Everything else. I'll peruse through the box set later while listening to Raiders or Last Crusade.

I actually had a waking dream last week where I asked myself if my eyes would tear up from hearing so much unreleased music for the very first time. I honestly don't know.

I love Williams' music but not enough to cry over it.

I love Williams' music but not enough to cry over it.

Same here, although, as I've mentioned in a previous thread, a couple of his pieces have had me pretty darn close to tearing up.

According to the majority report, everybody cries.

According to Greg House, everybody lies.

I will listen to Temple of Doom in its entirety, then to Last Crusade in its entirely. Then again ToD and LC.

Hey, what's the best offer online right now? I saw it on amazon.de for 35,99 Euros! Is that a good offer?

;)

I want to listen to all three in order, but whether I get time for that will depend on study (the box should arrive right during my exam period). Although, it will make for stimulating (if not distracting) study music.

I saw it on amazon.de for 35,99 Euros! Is that a good offer?

Including shipping it's € 43,13. If you buy it from Amazon.com it's about € 40,-. So, it's your choice. Don't order it from Amazon.co.uk however. They charge about € 56,- excluding shipping.

Same here, although, as I've mentioned in a previous thread, a couple of his pieces have had me pretty darn close to tearing up.

Well yes that's a different reaction. There are several that have that effect on me as well.

Well yes that's a different reaction. There are several that have that effect on me as well.

I came close to having tears (they did well up but not fall) the first time I saw JW in concert last November. First piece played was, if I recall correctly, Superman. Wow.

William's music has made me cry before, but I'm not so sure any of the Indy scores have. I am most excited to hear the remastered/expanded Lost Crusade tracks, as it's my favorite of the three. Tired (yet appreciative) of listening to fuzzy bootlegs.

Now we need a Star Trek V remastered/expanded and my life will be much less fuzzy.