New Intradas coming this Tuesday

Trent B

Check it out ladies and gents.

http://intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2034

9/5/08

We have two new CDs due for release this coming Tuesday, September 9. The appeal should swing pretty wide for soundtrack fans - though unpredictable is a word that pops into mind when I think of us soundtrack fans.

Anyway, one'll appeal to listeners convinced that film music didn't start until STAR WARS and one'll appeal to listeners who think film music ended long before that. I'll be optimistic and look for some crossover. At the very least, our "oldie" is so good I hope the post-STAR WARS crowd will check it out. But it's a favorite of mine (and at least one of our long-time customers) so I'm a little biased. In fairness, the newer one's pretty cool, too.

Check out our website Monday evening to get the titles, sound samples and other relevant details. Happy listening.

Any guesses on what it could be?

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it's what I think it is you probably won't like it since it's a Golden Age score by Hugo Friedhofer. And the other one should be a score for a Chuck Norris film.

Missing in Action II - Brian May

http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.5888/.f?category=2020

Boy On A Dolphin - Hugo Friedhofer

http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.5905/.f?category=5

According to Intrada the other 2 Missing In Action scores are coming.

If it's what I think it is you probably won't like it since it's a Golden Age score by Hugo Friedhofer. And the other one should be a score for a Chuck Norris film.
Well then maybe you will like one of them, I think it's going to be Missing In Action II.

Gee, Mark, care to guess what the new Varese CD Club titles are going to be?

Intrada's clues were too easy. :)

But I would imagine you might see a score from either Bill Conti, Elmer Bernstein, Alex North, Victor Young or Franz Waxman.

Is there an actual demand for Chuck Norris film scores?

I usually ask this question of most music club CD releases.

But I don't begrudge them. Someone out there will like this stuff, and there's nothing wrong with having as much music out there as possible.

At first I thought so as well, but listening to the samples of the Friedhofer, I must say I'm tempted. I'll await the reviews though. Anybody have a top 5 Friedhofer scores?

While I don't have a large amount of Friedhofer scores, he is a very solid composer and I personally think you won't be disappointed. I think Boy On A Dolphin would make a nice companion piece to Beneath The Twelve Mile Reef.

Although I'm waiting to see what Varese releases this coming Monday morning.

Dammit. I refuse to play this limited edition game again. This is going to turn out not so well in the long term (reviewer James Southall has written a few interesting posts on this which I entirely agree with). I think I'm going to wait until Monday as well this time, and decide then. Thanks for the comments though Mark!