First and foremost, what are you?

Quintus

A film music enthusiast, or a John Williams fan.  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Which are you?

• A film music enthusiast
    • A John Williams fan

I would say that anyone who likes only one artist -- in any medium -- is in need of serious help. (Not that I see any evidence of that around here; I don't, I'm just saying it for the sake of saying it.)

KM is this way, he is strictly a JW fan, I believe, and he doesn't even like movies.

wrong .Obviously you don't read my posts. I don't see how you pulled that comment out of your ass

Again, I have over 800 film scores I've listened to ,which means that most of them aren't John Williams

I see more movies than most people on this board.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyway on another subject: is this places really slow for anyone lately? The board's loading times have been really inconsistent for over a week now. Most of the time it can take a good while to refresh etc.

This is true.

It's been fine at this end.

Me too.

Again, I have over 800 film scores I've listened to ,which means that most of them aren't John Williams

Yes, but do you like them?

I like a lot of them . And it doesn't matter, at least my defending of John Williams superiority is based on an informed opinion.

Koras once admitted he only listens to the main themes of the film score album he has.

Sorry about that KM. I recall you saying something along the lines that you didn't like movies, or you weren't a big fan.

As for the post you made, I never said that. Maybe you're confusing it with me saying the Main Titles/Themes of Elfman's scores are the best parts.

Voting 'Film score entushiast' while being a Composer fan is lying.

This poll has been made to see how many of the members are mindless John Williams fans. If you are a mindless other composer fan you really are not a 'neutral' Film score entusiast.

You are incorrect.

No im not, I'm not saying that if you like one composer better you cannot be a film music fan. Like you.

I'm saying that if IE Stefan says he is A Jerry Goldsmith fan, and votes film music fan becasue there is not a Goldsmith option, that is not valid for the poll. As the point of the poll is to count how many one-composer followers (Williams in this case) are here opposed to the generic film music collectors.

I am not a one-composer follower!

HOW DARE YOU!

But if goldsmith was on the poll, you would have voted him.

I'm not saying you only own Goldsmith's works.

But you think Goldsmith is the best. (And that makes you utterly wrong since it is false :blink: )

I'm saying that if IE Stefan says he is A Jerry Goldsmith fan, and votes film music fan becasue there is not a Goldsmith option, that is not valid for the poll. As the point of the poll is to count how many one-composer followers (Williams in this case) are here opposed to the generic film music collectors.

That was indeed the purpose of the thread. Even if Goldsmith had been an option and Steef had chosen to select it, it would have been irrelevant, since the option would have served the exact same purpose as the Williams option.

Shame I had to point it out really, tut tut.

That was indeed the purpose of the thread. Even if Goldsmith had been an option and Steef had chosen to select it, it would have been irrelevant, since the option would have served the exact same purpose as the Williams option.

Shame I had to point it out really, tut tut.

But since many people didnt have their favorite composers on the poll, they voted for the generic option, so you cant extrapolate the poll and say we have 'this' percentage of film score entusiasts since only a portion of them really are.

Sigh... Over on the FSM board there would have no doubt been many options. Here on the JW board, there only needed to be two.

God, the pedantics of this f*cking place gets on my nerves sometimes.

I'm pedantic?

You must be blind, since most people here, specially the young people or the very old people seem to have another favorite composer than John Williams.

Really, Am I pedantic?

I did not call me Film score 'enthusiast' :)

I wasn't pointing specifically at you, but rather the fact that some peeps here are so tiresomely picky and rigid when it comes to their personal definition of whatever, and other time consuming meanderings. Every now and then a discussion will just flow as it should, but more often and not it gets bogged down in stupid and unimportant clarification. It bores me to the teeth and makes we wish I hadn't bothered to get involved in the first place.

One thing is absolutely certain: The worst offenders really should get shagged or at the very least, masturbate more, since it is nauseatingly obvious that they're waaaay too stressed and uptight when it comes to light chit-chat about film music. :)

One thing is absolutely certain: The worst offenders really should get shagged or at the very least, masturbate more, since it is nauseatingly obvious that they're waaaay too stressed and uptight when it comes to light chit-chat about film music. :)

Dont start talking like Genius gone insane.

Its awful 'hearing' the empreror talking about sex, and i dont want Quint doing so either :lol:

Yes, there's a lot of rubbish out there, but 99%?

Even if you count all the soundtracks of composers you'll ever like, and all the albums you'd ever consider purchasing, chances are that is LESS than 1 percent of the total number of soundtracks ever written for the moving image.

I'm definitely a film music enthusiast whose favourite composer is John T. Williams. He was the first one who made me fall in love with soundtracks, but thesedays I enjoy music from other composers too.

I'm a film music enthusiast whose favourite composer is Jerrald King Goldsmith, but JerryGoldsmithOnline.com gets very little traffic, so I come here.

Oh, and I like James Horner, Bernard Herrmann, Max Steiner, Johnny Williams, Lalo Schifrin, Alex North, Jerry Fielding, John Barry, David Arnold, Miklos Rozsa, Akira Ifukube, Danny Elfman and Christopher Young too.

I am a JW Fan 1st and film enthusiast 2nd. I like other film composers such as: Goldsmith, Eidelman, Horner, Elfman, Morricone, and others, but my all time favorite composer is John Williams. Is Williams still planing to do the film Lincoln in 2009? What other projects does he have for 2009? I cant wait to see Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince in theaters.