Intrada's Sept. 23rd Release, Something Special?

Ollie

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Might sound odd considering my pseudonym, but I was never a huge fan of The Boys from Brazil. I'll skip this one. Might as well let a copy go to someone who enjoys it more than I. And, as far as the other goes... same thing.

Well, of all the Goldsmith scores left to be released, this is probably my most wanted one left (after the Under Fire film score but that's not possible anymore), so this is great. Expensive though so I might not order it right away. It's somebody else's turn next time though for a holy grail...

Funny thing is I expected Varese to release this one since the original album was released under the Masters Film music label years ago.

Well cross another "grail" off my wanted list.

I'm sure both are very good scores, but since I haven't seen either movie, I won't get them, even the Goldsmith one. I'll wait for the next crazy guess session next month or so. After buying Home Alone 2 last week, I need to slow down on my online binge spending.

You people snoring at this have no idea what you're missing, but that doesn't matter since it means more copies for those who actually want it. This is an important score in Goldsmith's resume and a highly enjoyable one too since it contains some of the most fun suspense music I've ever heard.

Instant order! Yeah baby, YEAH!

Disappointing, but I guess we expected it.

I find it hard to believe that this score is so good, considering I've never heard of it mentioned among Goldsmith's greatest works, and the fact that a lot of his less popular stuff is generic and repetitive (as is any composers') so I don't hold out high hopes for this.

And what is that other one? Bleh.

well,I guess we have to wait for Intrada to release every single Goldsmith score in perfectly crafted 2 c.d. sets to please the FSM crowd before they start negociating with studios for the Williams stuff.;

can't wait for that half assed incomplete Indiana Jones box set

Band actually has a decent following judging by the reaction from other message boards.

well,I guess we have to wait for Intrada to release every single Goldsmith score in 2 c.d. sets to please the FSM crowd before they start negociating with studios for the Williams stuff.;

You know I really expect more from you. Williams' sound tracks are usually loaded at the time of their original releases. Most of his scores have seen releases compared to other composers. Most of Williams re-released stuff was issued well ahead of other composers. Goldsmith also scored way more films than Williams.

I hope that damn set is poorly put together.

Band actually has a decent following judging by the reaction from other message boards.
well,I guess we have to wait for Intrada to release every single Goldsmith score in 2 c.d. sets to please the FSM crowd before they start negociating with studios for the Williams stuff.;

You know I really expect more from you. Williams' sound tracks are usually loaded at the time of their original releases. Most of his scores have seen releases compared to other composers. Most of Williams re-released stuff was issued well ahead of other composers. Goldsmith also scored way more films than Williams.

I hope that damn set is poorly put together.

Well, to be fair,a lot of Williams' releases are boring. Stepmom? Bleh. I'd sacrifice a few Williams' releases to get a decent Dracula or complete Prequel scores.

And yes, this is plain simple bitching. I like Goldsmith, and this may be a great score, but really, it's nothing for a non-die hard to get excited over. A few of his other scores deserved it more, I think (i.e. Star Trek V).

And I've never heard of the other one, or the composer, so...yeah, again. Very hyped release with little bang, unless you're a die-hard Goldsmith fan. And let's be fair, if you're not a die-hard Goldsmith fan, he's the only mainstream composer getting any decent treatment the past few years.

That how spending 5 hours editing I am the Senate from bits and pieces can make you feel

hopefully in 2 years when The Force Unleashed 2 is released we get the other missing parts of that cue.

and a complete Last Crusade before I die since they're only "testing the market" with this box set

Alot of Williams' releases are boring??? And yet an exciting Goldsmith score is released and people complain.......

Wow.............People seem to forget before we got alot of Jerry Goldsmith we received expanded/complete scores to Jaws, E.T., CE3K, Superman, The Original Trilogy,Raiders....

Most of those came before this current crop of special editions. And they weren't limited either, they were major releases you actually go to a store and buy.

Unfamiliar as I may be with this, I have heard the waltz on a compilation, and those samples sound terrific. As much as I'd like to splurge tonight (even Ghost Warrior is tempting me!), at $30.00 and 5000 copies, I'm gonna have to slap an "eventually" on this one. Hopefully not too long after Christmas break when I can get some more hours. I'm definitely going to be grabbing it at some point, though (same for The First Olympics...those pesky $30.00 gotta-have releases!).

Well, Boys from Brazil is good , but a holy grail only in the minds of the Goldsmithian FSM board ,so the hype was mainly meant for them . For regular Goldsmith fans holy grails are Gremlins and STTMP complete.

Well, Boys from Brazil is good , but a holy grail only in the minds of the Goldsmithian FSM board ,so the hype was mainly meant for them . For regular Goldsmith fans holy grails are Gremlins and STTMP complete.

I consider myself a "regular" Goldsmith fan, but my "holy grail" is a re-issue of Chinatown.

Mine is Innerspace, and yes I'd like a re-release of Chinatown as well.

Again you're wrong.

How about a 2 c.d. set of Revenge of the Sith instead of making us sweat in getting it a few seconds at a time from these games. If they can put the unreleased music in the games it means re-use fees aren't that much of an issue,right?

k.M.who could barely make it through the Innerspace bootleg once

If it could be released it would already be available.

Of course that's what people who actually work in the business tell us but no one pays attention.

Yes because they were recorded in London the scores don't need worry about re-use fees. I think because of the negativity that Lucasfilm and Sony received from people here on the forum regarding the Phantom Menace Ultimate Edition (and the negativity was justified) they felt it was a slap in the face. That's probably why we haven't seen a 2-CD set for AOTC or ROTS yet.

Either way I hope one of these days that we get the complete intended editions for all three Prequel scores. Maybe they're gonna see how well this Indy set does before releasing 2-CD sets for AOTC and ROTS.

I'm actually relieved that it's something I'm not interested in. There's a ton of stuff I want coming out in November, including possibly the Indy box set (depending on what's actually on it) to save my money for.

Well they brought the negativity upon themselves with the UE - they shouldn't have advertised it as having "every single note composed" - though that's what they should have given us. Doing a shoddy job like they did was just looking for trouble.

Eh, what an anticlimax after all this speculation and guessing. Not a problem though, I'll take the opportunity to purchase Monsignor and Harry and the Hendersons. Monsignor sounds divine in the samples, and Harry has always been a childhood favourite.

This was the be expected.

over a year ago, the fairly obscure Inchon was released in a limited run of 3000, selling out hugely fast with many people missing the boat. The was ever the possibility of Intrada pressing more copies. but they decided against it,

This is another fairly oscure oldsmith title, though far less so then Inchon, so it makes sense that they increase the number of CD's.

I want this, but i am gonna hold out, spend to much this month,

GOOD WORK INTRADA!

over a year ago, the fairly obscure Inchon was released in a limited run of 3000, selling out hugely fast with many people missing the boat. The was ever the possibility of Intrada pressing more copies. but they decided against it,

They might change their minds in a few years when demand increases among those who missed out. Won't count on it though.

And Hitch was right. I guessed Gremlins with him, but I lost the bet. Just hope we win the election.

Hmmmm...great 'high concept' score by Goldsmith.

But buying it, i won't. I have to confess that i find the album presentation more than sufficient and unfortunately, the sound on Intrada's samples seems still somewhat muffled. The only reason for me to buy this thing is when i can really hear the basses...