Justin

Which Sith Lord is the coolest?  

59 members have voted

1. 1.

• Darth Vader
    • Darth Maul
    • Darth Sidious
    • Darth Tyranous (Count Dooko)

My favorite is Vader. Maul is cool but he's under developed.

Justin -Who likes Dooko too. :music:

P.S. I wasn't sure out to spell Tyranous. :oops:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't choose.

Maul is lame.

Tyranous is ubercool thanks to Lee

Vader very cool

Sidious is ubercool as well.

I never once heard Dooku refered as Darth Tyrannus ruring the movie.

Acctually in the end conversation between Dooko and Sidious I believe Sidious calls Dooko "Lord Tyranous"

Justin - :music:

I never once heard Dooku refered as Darth Tyrannus ruring the movie.

Acctually in the end conversation between Dooko and Sidious I believe Sidious calls Dooko "Lord Tyranous"

Justin - :music:

I was specically looking for that ,but I do believe my ears that he said,"Well done,Dooku"

K.M.

People, the correct spelling is "Tyrannus".......

And Justin posted the correct line from the movie.

-Jason

:music: The Lost World (complete)

Vader. He is just da mastah!

Sidious is cool too, but I think he as himself (as Palpatine) is much cooler. Palpatine is one bad-ass m*****f***ah!

*cough*

:music: Zam the Assassin and the Chase through Coruscant, trying to find Vader's theme. No luck so far. :)

Ooh ooh! Oh yeah baby!! *Does victory jig*

Justin -Scaring himself... :music:

People, the correct spelling is "Tyrannus".......

-Jason

:music: The Lost World (complete)

That's not true. It's Tyranus, even though tyranny has two n's.

COUNT DOOKU

The Force is with us, my Master.

DARTH SIDIOUS

Welcome home, Lord Tyranus. You have

done well.

COUNT DOOKU

I bring you good news, my Lord.

The war has begun.

DARTH SIDIOUS

Excellent.

(smiling)

Everything is going as planned.

Who? Are you joking? Palpatine/Sidious all the way.

Marian - who has been absolutely amazed by McDiarmid ever since he saw the ROTJ in English (one reason why I strongly dislike dubs is that you just can't see how good some actors are).

Vader = Evil, Cool, and Smart (Aka. Ultra Villian)

Maul = Cool and Stupid

Sidious = Evil and Smart

Tyranous =Evil and Cool

Justin - :thumbup:

Is there a cooler scene with Vader than when he just instantly neutralises the usually elusive and clever Han Solo on Cloud City with a few effortless gestures.

K.M.Who loves that scene.

What about when that Jedi comes up and tries to kill him, and he doesn't even finch, then Jango shoots him and he just smiles. That is coolness.

Yes, Sidious does call Dooku "Lord Tyrannous" near the end of the film.

But, c'mon! VADER!!!!! Dooku is 2nd in my book.

Director - who loves Palpatine in Episode II

Vader all the way! Even with a sense of good still in him, he was the most vicious bastard in the galaxy. Palpatine knew Vader could destroy him that's why he kept him on such a tight leash.

As far as coolness, only Tyranus is second in my book, in large part due to Lee's portrayal. He flat out tells Obi-Wan the truth about the Sith, knowing it to be too bitter a pill for the Jedi to swallow, and uses it in his favor. And Lando thought he was the most suave guy in the galaxy! HA! Tyranus would've have likley bested Palpatine had he survived long enough but I assume Vader doesn't give him the chance.

That's why I place Palpatine in third. He was smart, but not as powerful as he liked to think. His over-confidence was his weakness and it got him in the end.

Maul may have had a cool sabre and apperance, but he was an arrogant, snot-nosed punk that got exactly what he deserved, killed by a padawan.

Well, Palpatine is still first; he was working both sides, but really it's only one side; his own. Now he's got a whole Jango Fett army.

Second is Vader. Yeah, Vader's got his bad side; and the best voice actor!

First off he used that poison probe, which probably drugged his daughter.

Then he and Tarkin blow up his daughter's foster home planet.

Then....cuts off his son's hand.

Ughh....they shouldn't have cut off Anakin's hand for Ep II. It loses the emotional impact as a parallelism for Ep VI.

Third is Count Dooku. (the name is still unsettling)

Christopher Lee rocks.

4th is Darth Maul. Overrated, underdevelopment. All Brawn, powerful but hired help that's it.

Kradia- I just think it's strange to that "bugs" created the death star.....and hoping the next Star Wars DVDs will have isolated score/sound effects tracks, like Toy Story Box: but i know this could be just a pipe dream....

Sidious all the way. All of the Darths are cool, but Sidious is so mysterious. I know nothing about him, which intrigues me. We know practically everything about Vader. I mean, we saw him crying because he didn't enjoy leaving his home. He was hugging his mom. I can't see Sidous hugging anything.

~Conor

Vader in Star Wars and The Empires Strikes Back, but not the wimp named vader(he doesn't deserve to have the v capitalized) in ROTJ. He was weak and backsliding. Never bought his return to the light.

Darth Maul was hampered by his lack of dialogue. He should have tormented Obi-Wan and Qui-gon. But then then those two were bursting in so much personality, I can see why he chose to remain silent.

Darth Sidious, is ok, but he will really turn nasty in Ep. III.

Darth Tyranus/Count Dooku, was excellent. He was quite menacing, but in Ep. III I am sure I will enjoy it when Darth Sidious offers Dooku to Vader/Anakin, as a sacrifice and lure for his journey to the dark side.

So I guess it must be Vader, who will be really evil in Ep. III, Star Wars, and ESB.

• 3 years later...

Darth Maul looks really cool with red and black painted face. He is trained very well with the lightsaber.

Darth Sidious is the coolest by far (if you do not count the part in Ep III where he goes berserk and turns into a drooling cackling idiot). I love the way he brought down the Republic by subtlety rather than sheer strength of arms (though there was a lot shooting involved in that too. :) ). The decades long plots and scheming ended in one great cataclysm and coup no Sith ever had achieved.

His presence is great in Ep VI.Syuch corrupted and complitely evil man. McDiarmid does a wondeful job playing him.

Vader comes almost even with the Emperor in coolness.

Dooku despite his name comes third. I think Christopher Lee is truly an underrated but wonderful actor.

Darth Maul is a foot note of a foot note in the great book of SW bad guys. Dumb and could kick Jedi ass but what good did that do? The man could not even rub two words together (I think he was retarded). Cool horns.

Ahh yes i forgot about that part, that so good. He kills that brown guy that Mace windu guy. I swear thats the best lightning force attack in that entire star wars saga.

:) Zam the Assassin and the Chase through Coruscant, trying to find Vader's theme. No luck so far. :)

Vader's theme in Zam the Assassin and the Chase through Coruscant is there around the time when Anakin steals the speeder 2:58-3:13 (a very broken down, twisted version) and when they fly through the power couplings 4:05-4:14(once again the same variation as before but this time more forceful).

-Incanus who loves the music of Episode II to bits -

Darth Maul

Silent but deadly.

He never did things by half, apart from once ("that's a little Joke")

He parted from the world in two neat halves. Only half as good as any great Sith lord. Propably a split personality. Dying like that must have been a disjointing experience. Sith lord who was really set apart by Obi Wan. Two halves are worse than one whole. Maul must have had a splitting head ache when Obi Wan bashed him with his sword. (these are BTW jokes (not very good ones but once you star t you can't stop)).

Sidious is cool too, but I think he as himself (as Palpatine) is much cooler. Palpatine is one bad-ass m*****f***ah!

beerchug I voted Sidious.

Yeah Sidious/Emperor/Palpatine is so cool. As I said I love that double dealing and scheming he does so well. The man is a psychological genius. I liked him from the first moment in RTOJ. Such twisted and manipulative man. Though I do not approve the way Lucas made him scorch his own face. I always thought Dark Side did that to him and twisted his appearance as it had tiwsted his soul.

I voted for Darth Maul. He rocks. It's just a pity he doesn't rock passed TPM. Dooku is a redundant character and served no real purpose to push the story forward at all. Darth Maul should have been carried over to Ep III and ended with the two apprentices (Maul and Skywalker) doing combat on the bridge of the cruiser. With Anakin dispatching Maul it would be seen as a passing of the torch.

All of them are great. But Sidious has always been my favorite Star Wars character (or as Emperor Palpatine). And Ian's voice is simply amazing. Plus, he has the best lines in the entire saga. Lucas is not much as a writer, but he sure can write for Sidious/Palpatine.

I really wrote crap like that? I sound like some 14-year-old newbie. Damn.

- Marc, :)

Sidious has always been my favorite Star Wars character

Even though he's not in Star Wars?

he has the best lines in the entire saga.

"No! NO! NOOOO!!!!"

Lucas is not much as a writer, but he sure can write for Sidious/Palpatine.

"Unnnnnnnnnnnllllllllllliiiiiiiiiiimited poooooooooooooower"

Neil - not cackling

Yes, I'm rather baffled at the complete idiocy of this poll. Anyone who doesn't vote for Vader can fornicate themselves with an iron rod.

Justin - Who thinks one word describes this thread. "Dork"