The Man With No Name Soundtracks

pixie_twinkle

I've just ordered the GDM 2001 releases of A Fistful of Dollars and The Good The Bad and The Ugly. They are considerably more expensive than other releases of the same scores, but from what I read on Amazon they are the definitive soundtrack releases of these scores. I bought them through Amazon Marketplace and paid $25 for TGTBATU, and $18 for AFOD. Did I get a good deal? And more importantly, did I order the correct versions of the CDs?

Finally, does anyone know if For A Few Dollars More is also available on GDM? The CD of that score I found on Amazon is only 20 minutes long, and that can't be right, surely!

I bought the European expanded edition of TGTBATU (Capitol/EMI Records, 2004) at Circuit City about four years ago. This has the CD cover with the "trio" against an orange backdrop and red border , 21 tracks, and all titles in Italian, for probably $12. At Half.com, they claim it is an enhanced CD, which I don't recall because I ripped it four years ago and never touched the disc again. I see it at Half.com for about $8 + $2.99 media mail shipment. I remember buying Ben-Hur brand new for $20 at Half (versus $30 in the mall), and actually forgetting that I bought it until receiving it three weeks later; very pleasant surprise!

16_7.JPG

But they also show the 2001 GDM copy you bought, with gray album cover, as an out of print import. The price they show is $75, but give no link to purchase. So you paid a good deal with regard to this version, but since it's also 21 tracks with Italian titles and 30 more minutes than the original LP, I'd have paid $11 for the red disc and been happy to wait three weeks.

60_7.JPG

Half shows about $15 for a brand new copy of AFOD on the 2004 BMG release, which is comparable to what you paid. I don't own this CD, though Once Upon a Time in the West is on my wish list.

Yes there was a GDM release for A Few Dollars More, it's the 4th album on the page listed below. Some of the cues appear to have dialogue and sound effects from the film in them.

'

http://www.soundtrackcollector.com/catalog...p?movieid=36652

You bought the imports, that's why the price is a little higher. The Good The Bad and The Ugly was also released here in the US on Capitol Records as an expanded album, the contents are the same as the GDM. So yes you did get the best presentation as far as I know.

A couple of the reviewers on Amazon mention that the red-cover copy Darth_Wojo shows is inferior sound quality to the GDM release, which is why I avoided it. I haven't heard either so I don't know how true that is. Thanks for the link, Mark. I'll check that out. I can't wait for these disks to arrive!

I'm listening to my red cover CD, and truth be told, some of the tracks do have pretty average to poor sound quality. I've just been ignoring it, because the album gave me more music than the three tracks I'd had since Napster was "legal."

If you got superior sound quality for just a little more dinero, then that's awesome, enjoy it.

I have the short American releases of all of them, as well as Italian imports that are all expanded. I recommend getting the imports, because they have more music, although some cues do have SFX on A Fistful Of Dollars. I couldn't find the artwork for the Italian For A Few Dollars More.

51KAPVMGWPL._SS500_.jpg

61XGS015CFL._SS500_.jpg

Koray, yes those are the two covers of the CDs I've ordered. Now I just need the expanded GDM For A Few Dollars More that John linked me to and I'll be set. Although my bank account will have a few dollars less...

I have the short American releases of all of them, as well as Italian imports that are all expanded. I recommend getting the imports, because they have more music, although some cues do have SFX on A Fistful Of Dollars. I couldn't find the artwork for the Italian For A Few Dollars More.

51KAPVMGWPL._SS500_.jpg

61XGS015CFL._SS500_.jpg

Koray,

Where did you find For A Few Dollars More (GDM release)? I've looked all over and can't find any for sale.

I got all of them from SAE, I think. Either that or Amazon. I just checked up on both and can't find them though. There are a couple different versions of For A Few Dollars More on Amazon, but I don't know which is the right one, but all are rather expensive.

I'll look around some more, but if you can't find it, I suggest this as a replacement: http://www.screenarchives.com/title_detail.cfm?ID=3709

EDIT:

I found it here: http://www.moviegrooves.com/shop/forafewfd...oreexpanded.htm

But it is currently out of stock.

Thanks for all your help, Koray. I'm listening to my "Fistful" CD at the moment, and it's fantastic. I'll e-mail Movie Grooves to be updated if they get FAFDM back in stock. 15 pounds sterling is about 30 bucks, and that is reasonable for a CD I really want.

For Koray, Mark, or anyone else in the know: I want to buy the soundtrack to Once Upon a Time in the West, or C'era Una Volta Il West as Koray affectionately referred to it in another post.

Is this the version over at Intrada the one that I ought to buy?

http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.4631/.f

I suppose that "definitive edition" says it all, but every time I walk into a store or hop onto Amazon, it's the version with either the gunfight or the train on the cover. I don't want to be skewered into paying top dollar for a subpar version.

Yep that's the one you want. I believe there is a standard release that has 13 tracks, which I have, an expanded release that has 20 tracks, and then the definitive release that has 27 tracks (which I also have).