Rap Fan Pays Fine Rather Than Listen to Classical Music

Lurker

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In all fairness, I'm pretty sure I couldn't make it through 20 hours of rap music.

Article here.

Neil

At least classical music won't send you deaf after 5 minutes.

20 hours is a lot. Did he have to sit through it all at once? He said he only lasted 15 minutes and decided to pay because he had to practice with his basketball team, which leads me to believe they were forcing all 20 hours in a row.

Couldn't they have come up with something better like...oh I don't know...subjecting the poor fella to 20 hours of Hans Zimmer music. I think I'd have pulled the trigger after the first bar.

What they should have done was strap him to a large speaker with the bass cranked as far as it could go and let the pounding pulverize his body.

There's nothing more annoying than sitting at a stop light and some idiot has it cranked so loud your own car starts shaking.

What they should have done was strap him to a large speaker with the bass cranked as far as it could go and let the pounding pulverize his body.

There's nothing more annoying than sitting at a stop light and some idiot has it cranked so loud your own car starts shaking.

That wouldn't work. He's already doing that and would enjoy it too much.

What they should do is strap him down to a seat in an opera house, eyelids forced open, and make him watch ALL four Ring Cycle operas, back to back to back without stopping and no bathroom breaks.

Now THATS musical payback

I rarely listen to rap, I find most of it unlistenable. I can listen to 20 hours of film score music (a different branch from classical as I tend to tell people who don't know any better) and no have a problem. I do hate those who blast their stereo too loud with rap music, it's annoying as hell.

Can't you just hear this guy? "Yeah, uh, I was willin' to be down wit' cho sh*t n all, but then they come out wit' dis violins n tuxedos n sh*t, uh, n yo I got to go..."

God oh God, how I hate rap, and how I too hate morons who are incapable of driving around without their stereos at full blast.

A quick story, sort of related to this: A few years ago, I was in a parking lot. It was January, very cold, about 10 in the morning. Suddenly I hear this absurdly loud rap music playing, getting closer.

"Okay, I'm supposed to look, so I guess I'll look," I said to myself, as I rolled my eyes.

And what I beheld was the essence of the whole idiotic culture of today. A car (with rims, of course), with ALL FOUR WINDOWS rolled all the way down ('cause you got to bump an' how you gonna bump wit' the windows up?) on a FREAKING COLD JANUARY DAY, and inside are four dim-witted ghetto girls... all of them in full blown winter gear. That's right, puffy jackets, gloves, caps, you name it.

That's right, in order to blast their lousy music at everyone, they had to dress in cold-weather gear so they could roll down the windows. ROTFLMAO

Can't you just hear this guy? "Yeah, uh, I was willin' to be down wit' cho sh*t n all, but then they come out wit' dis violins n tuxedos n sh*t, uh, n yo I got to go..."

God oh God, how I hate rap, and how I too hate morons who are incapable of driving around without their stereos at full blast.

A quick story, sort of related to this: A few years ago, I was in a parking lot. It was January, very cold, about 10 in the morning. Suddenly I hear this absurdly loud rap music playing, getting closer.

"Okay, I'm supposed to look, so I guess I'll look," I said to myself, as I rolled my eyes.

And what I beheld was the essence of the whole idiotic culture of today. A car (with rims, of course), with ALL FOUR WINDOWS rolled all the way down ('cause you got to bump an' how you gonna bump wit' the windows up?) on a FREAKING COLD JANUARY DAY, and inside are four dim-witted ghetto girls... all of them in full blown winter gear. That's right, puffy jackets, gloves, caps, you name it.

That's right, in order to blast their lousy music at everyone, they had to dress in cold-weather gear so they could roll down the windows. ROTFLMAO

Unfortunately, most teenage women or women in general today are like that...they're just as bad as guys when it comes to playing their music so loud.

In all fairness, I'm pretty sure I couldn't make it through 20 hours of rap music.

Article here.

Neil

At least classical music won't send you deaf after 5 minutes.

What, you mean you've never heard Beethoven's "Ode to Muthaf*ckin Joy"?

... No, I can't.

That's right, in order to blast their lousy music at everyone, they had to dress in cold-weather gear so they could roll down the windows. :)

Unfortunately, most teenage women or women in general today are like that...they're just as bad as guys when it comes to playing their music so loud.

A lot maybe, but I wouldn't say "most".

... No, I can't.

You're luckier than I am, then.

I think it's pretty sad that someone couldn't sit through more than fifteen minutes of classical music in order to avoid paying a fine. I would also think it was pretty sad if someone couldn't sit through more than fifteen minutes of hip-hop in order to avoid paying a fine. There is literally no type of music I would pay money to avoid having to hear.

I do hate those who blast their stereo too loud with rap music, it's annoying as hell.

What about people who blast film scores? That's how I roll. Nothing gets more attention than cruising with the windows down playing Mini-Sloths Sing-a-Long from Ice Age: The Meltdown.

I'm afraid I'd pay a hundred bucks to avoid having to listen to country, gangsta rap, or any kind of Karaoke for more than 15 minutes. And I like to think I have a pretty wide taste in music.

I would slash a 1 day old baby girl's throat......in front of her parents, rather the be exposed to 15 minutes of Karaoke

My mother was vacationing out here while I had to work last year. After a very busy day we went to a restaurant she wanted to go to. It was karaoke night and it was loud and it was not the atmosphere I wanted to be in. It didn't take much to convince her that this wasn't the restaurant we would be eating at.

Neil

This isn't the restaurant you want to eat at. Move along.

Granted, a restaurant is no place for karaoke but in a bar / nightclub it can be great fun.

Are you ready for the dim sum bar?

I like some rap, hip-hop in particular.

DMX, The Game, Tupac, Eminem, Xzibit. All good rap artists. I'm really looking forward to Eminem's comeback actually, I'm suspecting it'll be far more successful that JW's.

Depending on the forced listening conditions, I'd have considered paying the fine too. If it was old English folk music, I'd have paid 500 quid to be spared. That story is not outlandish at all and I don't understand the reaction here.