The Official South Park Thread

Koray Savas

No, it was funny when he was just trying to use the internet but Dildo kept pestering him, completely oblivious that that's what he does to random people online. 

Forgot my favorite part, the transition to Denmark with the song. 

• 2 weeks later...

South Park 20x06 Oh, Jeez

I enjoyed Gerald's turn as James Bond.  Cartman wanting to go to Mars will hopefully lead to some fun dream sequences as those were funny last week.  Bill Clinton's gentlemen club was clearly something they had already done when they assumed Clinton would win the election but it still kinda worked.  Butters was funny as always, pressing pickle this week.  But overall not much to get excited about here.

South Park 20x08 Members Only

Wow, a nice bounce-back from the pretty week episode last week.  I guess they had time to adjust to Trump actually winning instead of Hillary and figure out what to do.  Garrison-as-Trump was pretty funny, especially backed by the Imperial-March-esque variants of Hail to the Chief.  Pretty funny Vader parody with him getting the wig on in the meditation chamber, as well as the scene where he gets all the stuff at the Pentagaon :lol:

The other plots - Member Berries taking over, Danish Troll Hunter website, Gerald being captured by the Danish, Kyle figuring out his dad was skankhunt, Cartman and his GF all wanting to go to Mars - advance so slowly each week in this season-long-arc format there isn't much to say about them :shrug:

I wonder if these recent scenes will play better in a future rewatch when you can just watch them all together, because there are really no standout episodes anymore in this new format

7 hours ago, Stefancos said:

Captured by the Dutch?

No. You have to forgive Jason. He gets his Dutch and Danish mixed up, even when you asked him again. 

South Park's Troll Trace is Danish. Denmark has trolls in their mythology. The Dutch in the Netherlands don't. 

Last season had a long story arcs, but most of the episodes were funny enough to be strong in reruns. This season, nope, not at all. I change the channel when these episodes play in reruns. This season is like 24: nothing happens in the entire episode until the very end, to lead into the next empty hour. 

2 hours ago, Stefancos said:

My avatar is not racist. No avatar I have ever had has ever been racist.

How dare you, sir!

Confusing the pasty white Dutch with the pasty white Danish is racist to you, but a white person wearing blackface pretending to be a blackamoor from Spain is not racist, it's proud ancient white man culture from 1850 that you're allowed to celebrate because it's Christmassy.

Huh.

It's not Christmassy as all, just about your pasteurized, Americanized version is based upon it!

What a display of sheer ignorance!

And I always laugh when it's the pasty faced whites who scream racism the loudest on behalf of the colored folk. 

Enjoy your colonial hangover. You're allowed to be a backwards racist country if we're allowed to point it out to you. 

It's my country's proud tradition to lynch your country's proud tradition if it runs off the plantation. Lol. 

The woman in blackface even pleads her case as an associate of Santa Claus, who epitomizes Christmas. Not Saint Nicholas, not Sinterklaas. Santa Claus. So her face is black from chimney soot but she's dressed in clean brightly colored clothes. Don't you have soap and water in Denmark? 

Excuse me. Netherlands. 

Took this pic from my window just a few minutes ago. The annual Sinterklaas market in my local shopping center. With people of all colors visiting and interacting with these supposedly offensive black faced people. Or walking past, doing their shopping without batting an eye.

America has its guns, Spain has bullfighting, we have this as our national characteristic that the rest of the western world doesn't really get.

Do you take seriously what we think about you and your gun obsession, Rich? 

Why should we do the same.

IMG_6952.JPG

21 hours ago, petaQ said:

Enjoy your colonial hangover. You're allowed to be a backwards racist country if we're allowed to point it out to you. 

It's my country's proud tradition to lynch your country's proud tradition if it runs off the plantation. Lol. 

The woman in blackface even pleads her case as an associate of Santa Claus, who epitomizes Christmas. Not Saint Nicholas, not Sinterklaas. Santa Claus. So her face is black from chimney soot but she's dressed in clean brightly colored clothes. Don't you have soap and water in Denmark? 

Excuse me. Netherlands. 

I would watch that, but it has Russell Brand.

Here you go, Steef - 

https://youtu.be/9H71gPtRSgs 

• 2 weeks later...

An entire 10 episodes hinging on his "girls are funny" thing and his new girlfriend is just too much; It's just not material that warrants itself to being stretched out over so many episodes

South Park 20x10 The End of Serialization as We Know It

Meh ending to a meh season.  I wasn't surprised that it was revealed Cartman didn't really think girls were funny, but it didn't really have the impact it would have had if it was a 1 (or maybe 2 or 3) running gag instead of something set up 2 months ago.  Mr Garrison actually becoming president seemed to be something they didn't plan for or really know what to do with.  I think they thought it was funny when Trump was first running last year and brought it back this year when they had to, but they thought Clinton would win and not really be an important character.  Oh well

The troll hunter website destroying the internet and things returning to normal at the end felt like a bit of a copout too, thought the final part was capably delivered.  I was surprised the member berries didn't play more of a role in this episode, only showing up at the White House at the end.  Hopefully the episode title is an indication that they'll make more one-off, really funny episodes next year

• 9 months later...

Hey season 21 premieres tonight!

SOUTH PARK’S 21st SEASON KICKS OFF WITH
AN ALL-NEW EPISODE PREMIERING
WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 13 AT 10:00 P.M. ET/PT ON COMEDY CENTRAL
——–
All-New Season 21 Episodes will be Available to Stream in HD
Exclusively on SouthPark.cc.com and Hulu

——–
NEW YORK, September 11, 2017 – Protests break out on the streets of South Park in the season premiere titled “White People Renovating Houses” on Wednesday, September 13 at 10:00 p.m. ET/PT on Comedy Central.

Protestors armed with tiki torches and confederate flags take to the streets of South Park. Randy comes to grips with what it means to be white in today’s society. All-new episodes from this season will be available to stream in HD exclusively on South Park Studios and Hulu the day after they premiere. Fans will continue to have next-day access to new episodes, as well as the entire “South Park” library, across all internet-connected devices with a Hulu subscription. New episodes and a selection of curated episodes will be available to stream on SouthPark.cc.com, cc.com and the Comedy Central App.

Comedy Central’s “South Park” launched on August 13, 1997. The series airs Wednesday nights at 10:00 p.m. and repeats later that night at Midnight (all times ET/PT). “South Park” season 20 will begin rolling out on Comedy Central channels internationally in October.

Trey Parker and Matt Stone are the co-creators of “South Park.” Parker, Stone, Anne Garefino and Frank C. Agnone II are the Executive Producers of the Emmy® and Peabody® Award-winning “South Park.” Eric Stough, Adrien Beard, Bruce Howell and Vernon Chatman are Producers. Chris Brion is the Creative Director of South Park Digital Studios. “South Park’s” Web site is SouthPark.cc.com.

The uncensored episodes are also available for download on iTunes, Amazon Instant Video, XBOX Live, Google Play, Sony Entertainment Network, Vudu and Verizon Flexview.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/south-park-takes-white-nationalist-movement-season-21-1037559

"South Park creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone told The Hollywood Reporter they hoped to return to more traditional one-off storylines with the kids this season, rather than get too heavy with politics".

13 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/south-park-takes-white-nationalist-movement-season-21-1037559

"South Park creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone told The Hollywood Reporter they hoped to return to more traditional one-off storylines with the kids this season, rather than get too heavy with politics".

Nice

12 minutes ago, Woj said:

I remember reading that weeks ago...maybe it was just hopeful speculation. 

Possibly. I'm assuming that they will tackle politics like they always have, but it won't involve some "grand" storyline this time, like with say the member berries or the election.