The Official South Park Thread

Koray Savas

South Park 23x05 Tegridy Farms Halloween Special

Probably the best and funniest episode of the whole season!  The mummy was great, Randy was great, Shelly's "marijuana problem" was pretty funny,   Lots of laughs all around

sp-2306-news-episode-announcement_v01.jp
 Episode 2306 “Season Finale” Press Release

AN ALL-NEW EPISODE OF SOUTH PARK PREMIERES WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 6 AT 10:00 P.M. ET/PT ON COMEDY CENTRAL

The Mayor has evidence that Randy blew up his neighbor’s yards in protest over homegrown weed and then blamed it on a Mexican Joker. Now the citizens of South Park have had enough of Randy and Tegridy Farms and they just want to lock him up.

South Park 23x06 Season Finale

That was really funny and clever.  Randy being arrested was funny, as was the rest of his family's reaction to him being in jail and having to move back to South Park proper.  President Garrison and Giuliani helping Randy was funny as was everything with The Whites, and tying Alejandro back into the Mexican Joker was great too.  Just funny all around, top to bottom.

sp-2307-news-episode-announcement_v01.jp
  Episode 2307 “Board Girls” Press Release

NEW YORK, November 11, 2019 – The Annual Strong Woman Competition pushes everyone to their limits in the all-new episodes titled, “Board Girls” airing on Wednesday, November 13 at 10:00 p.m. ET/PT on Comedy Central.

In the season opener, an even stronger woman causes big problems for PC Principal. Cartman, Stan, and the rest of the boys meet their match when some of the girls join their board gamers club.

South Park 23x07 Board Girls

That was funny but weird.  Makes last week feel even more like a season finale now with no Randy at all this week.  Not a great episode but still decent.  All the Macho Man Randy Savage stuff was funny

• 2 weeks later...
sp-2308-news-episode-announcement_v01.jp
  Episode 2308 “Turd Burglars” Press Release

AN ALL-NEW EPISODE OF SOUTH PARK PREMIERES WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 27 AT 10:00 P.M. ET/PT ON COMEDY CENTRAL

Kyle and Ike are desperate to keep a lid on their mom’s medical condition in the newest episode of South Park titled, “Turd Burglars”” airing on Wednesday, November 27 at 10:00 p.m. ET/PT on Comedy Central.

Kyle’s mom looks so good after her fecal transplant that everyone wants to get their hands on her goods. Cartman and the boys jump into the quest for the best microbiome.

sp-2309-news-episode-announcement_v01.jp
Episode 2309 “Basic Cable” Press Release

AN ALL-NEW EPISODE OF SOUTH PARK PREMIERES WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 4 AT 10:00 P.M. ET/PT ON COMEDY CENTRAL

NEW YORK, December 2, 2019 – Scott Malkinson is desperate to impress the new girl in his class the an all-new episode titled, “Basic Cable” airing on Wednesday, December 4th at 10:00 p.m. ET/PT on Comedy Central.

Scott Malkinson’s future with the new girl in his class depends on him getting the latest and greatest streaming platform. Scott’s dad works for the local cable company and refuses to move beyond basic cable.

South Park 23x08 Turd Burglars

I thought that was really funny, but I've always been a sucker for poop jokes.  And I've never even seen either version of Dune nor read the books, but I thought the running spice melange jokes were great

Missed opportunity to use Weird Al's "Germs" when Stan was freaking out about the microbiomes

South Park 23x09 Basic Cable

That was really really funny! I loved all the antics with the cable guys doing everything but their jobs and the main storyline with Scott Malkinson and the new girl.  Good stuff

This was a great season! It feels like classic South Park, and yet completely original and not at all tired. Their willingness to tinker with the format of the show has been completely successful, and they’ve found a good balance between standalone and season-long arcs—erring on the side of the former, but essentially freeform, following the humor wherever it takes them.

Definitely do call “Trey” at the number they put up on the screen at the end of the last episode. ROTFLMAO

11 hours ago, Pellaeon said:

Definitely do call “Trey” at the number they put up on the screen at the end of the last episode. ROTFLMAO

I Googled that number and it was used in the recent South Park video game prior to this episode. 

sp-2310-news-episode-announcement_v01.jp
Episode 2310 “Christmas Snow” Press Release

SEASON FINALE OF SOUTH PARK PREMIERES WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 11 AT 10:00 P.M. ET/PT ON COMEDY CENTRAL

NEW YORK, December 9, 2019 – The Holidays are off to a rough start in the season 23 finale episode titled, “Christmas Snow” airing on Wednesday, December 11 at 10:00 p.m. ET/PT on Comedy Central.

It’s a bleak Christmas Season in South Park this year and it’s all Santa’s fault.  He is single handedly stealing the joy from the holiday. The town just wants their Christmas Spirit back but that will take a Christmas miracle.

South Park 23x10 Christmas Snow

Very funny!  I laughed a lot, I enjoyed the entire episode.  Randy is great.

Overall, a super strong season.  The show will never reach the heights of its glory days or anything, but there isn't too many other comedies being made in 2019 I laugh more at.  Good job, Matt and Trey!

Funny how opinions differ. We found the episode vile. Worst season since pc principal. Personally I don't care to watch the next season new episodes. 

If they focus on the boys again I might come back. Or Butters. 

• 9 months later...

Huh.  Every year since 2012, a new season of South Park has started in September (so seasons 17-23).

This year instead of a new season, we're getting a new 1 hour special episode this Wednesday night, and season 24 does not have an official start date set yet

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Pandemic_Special

https://southpark.cc.com/news/fkbbds/south-park-returns-with-one-night-hour-long-special-event

SOUTH PARK RETURNS WITH ONE NIGHT HOUR-LONG SPECIAL EVENT
PREMIERING WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 30 AT 8:00 P.M. ET/PT ON COMEDY CENTRAL

Exclusively on SouthPark.cc.com and HBO Max

NEW YORK, September 15, 2020 – Comedy Central today announced a one-hour special event of the Emmy® and Peabody® Award-winning series South Park. The hour-long supersized episode titled “The Pandemic Special” premiering on Wednesday, September 30 at 8:00 p.m. ET/PT will have two encore airings at 9:00 p.m. ET/PT and 10:00 p.m. ET/PT.

Randy comes to terms with his role in the COVID-19 outbreak as the on-going pandemic presents continued challenges to the citizens of South Park. The kids happily head back to school but nothing resembles the normal that they once knew; not their teachers, not their homeroom, not even Eric Cartman.

All-new episodes will be available to stream in HD exclusively on South Park Studios, CC.com and the Comedy Central App immediately following the west coast airing and on HBO Max 24 Hours after premiere. Fans will have next-day access to new episodes, as well as the entire South Park library, across numerous internet-connected devices with a HBO Max subscription.

Comedy Central's South Park launched on August 13, 1997. Trey Parker and Matt Stone are the co-creators of South Park. Parker, Stone, Anne Garefino and Frank C. Agnone II are the Executive Producers of the Emmy® and Peabody® Award-winning South Park. Eric Stough, Adrien Beard, Bruce Howell, Jack Shia and Vernon Chatman are Producers. Chris Brion is the Creative Director of South Park Digital Studios. South Park's Web site is SouthPark.cc.com.

The uncensored episodes are also available for download on iTunes, Amazon Instant Video, XBOX Live, Google Play, Sony Entertainment Network, Vudu and Verizon Flexview.

Watch the preview clip here

• 2 weeks later...

South Park: The Pandemic Special

I laughed!  I wouldn't say there was anything special (no pun intended) about this episode, it was just about on average with all recent South Park - but I like recent South Park, and I liked this!  Randy continues to be the most amusing character.  Loved the reference to the shit episode at the end!

Hopefully they are doing an Election Special next!

I started S23 and could barely make it through the first episode. Started the second one too but I ended up just watching this special instead. And I was surprised to find I was reasonably entertained.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

F'in finally!!!! 

SOUTH PARQ RETURNS WITH SOUTH PARQ VACCINATION SPECIAL
PREMIERING WEDNESDAY, MARCH 10 AT 8:00 P.M. ET/PT ON COMEDY CENTRAL

NEW YORK, February 19, 2021 – Comedy Central today announced a new one-hour special event of the Emmy® and Peabody® Award-winning series South ParQ. The hour-long supersized episode titled South ParQ Vaccination Special premieres on Wednesday, March 10 at 8:00 p.m. ET/PT on Comedy Central with two encore airings at 9:00 p.m. ET/PT and 10:00 p.m. ET/PT. The premiere will simulcast on MTV2. The new episode follows cable’s #1 scripted telecast of 2020, South ParQ’s The Pandemic Special, which will be rebroadcasted at 7:00 p.m. ET/PT. Premiering on September 30, 2020, The Pandemic Special was the highest rated episode in 7 years with 4.4 million total viewers for the night.

The citizens of South ParQ are clamoring for the COVID-19 vaccine. A hilarious new militant group tries to stop the boys from getting their teacher vaccinated.

All-new episodes will be available to stream in HD exclusively on South ParQ StudiosCC.com and the Comedy Central App immediately following the west coast airing.

Comedy Central's South ParQ launched on August 13, 1997. Trey Parker and Matt Stone are the co-creators of South ParQ. Parker, Stone, Anne Garefino and Frank C. Agnone II are the Executive Producers of the Emmy® and Peabody® Award-winning South ParQ. Eric Stough, Adrien Beard, Bruce Howell and Vernon Chatman are Producers. Chris Brion is the Creative Director of South ParQ Digital Studios. South ParQ's Web site is SouthParQ.com.

The uncensored episodes are also available for download on iTunes, Amazon Instant Video, XBOX Live, Google Play, Sony Entertainment Network, Vudu and Verizon Flexview.

Watch the Promo Clips here

Watch the Teaser Clip here

• 4 weeks later...

The South ParQ Vaccination Special 

I loled at least one which is good enough for me!  

It was a nice change to not have a Randy-centric story for a change (I thought he wasn't going to be in the episode at all until he showed up at the very end); They did a good job making the core kids be the stars again.  The return of Mr Garrison as a teacher ended up being something I didn't even realize I wanted (I'm glad PC Principal is still there too).

I dunno.  It was good.  South Park's always good.  I hope we get a proper season soon and not just random specials.  If forgot to watch this one for almost a month!  I guess because it's a special and not a normal episode, HBO Max didn't put it on the home screen ever.. or something.  I dunno . Glad I finally remembered it existed though

• 4 months later...

Matt and Trey ink major new deal with Paramount for new South Park content through 2027

-The show is renewed through Season 30 for Comedy Central (currently, 23 seasons have aired)

-They will create 14 original South Park movies for Paramount+, two of which will air in 2021

MTV Entertainment Studios inks new and expansive deal with creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone through 2027

South Park TV series extending to season 30 for Comedy Central linear

14 South Park original made-for-streaming movies exclusively for Paramount+ - starting with two films in 2021

New York, NY - August 5, 2021 - MTV Entertainment Studios announced today a new and expansive deal with co-creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone which includes extending South Park on Comedy Central through 2027 and taking cable’s longest-running scripted series – 2022 marks the franchise’s 25th – through an unprecedented 30th season in 2027.

This new and expansive deal with MTV Entertainment Studios encompasses the following distribution:

• Paramount+

14 South Park original made-for-streaming movies – two for 2021

• Comedy Central channel

South Park series through Season 30
“Matt and Trey are world-class creatives who brilliantly use their outrageous humor to skewer the absurdities of our culture and we are excited to expand and deepen our long relationship with them to help fuel Paramount+ and Comedy Central,” said Chris McCarthy, President/CEO -MTV Entertainment & CCO/Adult Animation – Paramount+. “Franchising marquee content like South Park and developing new IP with tremendous talent like Matt and Trey, is at the heart of our strategy to continue growing Paramount+.”

“Comedy Central has been our home for 25 years and we’re really happy that they’ve made a commitment to us for the next 75 years,” said Parker and Stone. “When we came to ViacomCBS with a different way to produce the show during the pandemic, Chris (McCarthy), Nina (Diaz), Keyes (Hill-Edgar) and Tanya (Giles) were immediately supportive and enabled us to try something new that turned out to be really well received. We can’t wait to get back to doing traditional South Park episodes but now we can also try out new formats. It’s great to have partners who will always take a chance with us.”

South Park continues to keep its place in the cultural zeitgeist with this year’s South ParQ Vaccination Special which ranks as the #1 cable telecast of the year with nearly 3.5M total viewers across the night and The Pandemic Special, which reigns as cable’s #1 scripted telecast of 2020. In addition, South Park received its 19th Emmy nomination with a nod for The Pandemic Special in the Outstanding Animated Program category. The series has earned five Emmy Awards to date and a George Foster Peabody Award.

Comedy Central’s South Park launched on August 13, 1997. Trey Parker and Matt Stone are the co-creators of the Emmy® and Peabody® Award-winning South Park. Parker, Stone, Anne Garefino and Frank C. Agnone II are the Executive Producers of South Park. Eric Stough, Adrien Beard, Bruce Howell and Vernon Chatman are Producers. Chris Brion is the Creative Director of South Park Digital Studios. South Park’s website is SouthPark.cc.com.

The deals were negotiated by their long-time attorney, Kevin Morris and Park County’s Keith Pizzi.

https://southpark.cc.com/news/ivrtcw/mtv-entertainment-studios-inks-new-and-expansive-deal-with-creators-trey-parker-and-matt-stone-through-2027

• 2 months later...

The first of the two Paramount+ "movies" (they are not full movie length from what I understand, but more like the last 2 specials that aired on Comedy Central) is dropping on Thanksgiving

“SOUTH PARK: POST COVID” IS COMING EXCLUSIVELY TO PARAMOUNT+ THURSDAY, NOV. 25

From MTV Entertainment Studios, the First of Two Exclusive “South Park”
Events Debuts Thursday, Nov. 25

A Second New Exclusive Event to Follow in December, Only on Paramount+

Oct. 27, 2021 – Paramount+, the streaming service from ViacomCBS, and MTV Entertainment Studios announced today two new original “South Park” exclusive events for Paramount+. The first, titled SOUTH PARK: POST COVID, premieres Thursday, Nov. 25 and will also roll out on the service in the Nordics, Latin America, Australia and Canada. The second exclusive event will stream in December, the date to be announced. With these exclusive events, Kyle, Stan, Kenny and Cartman make their highly anticipated debut on Paramount+, adding to the service’s growing roster of adult animated series.

• 2 weeks later...

If you sign up, you get 1 free week.  So you can watch the special then cancel, without spending a dime.

But while you have it, you can check out Queenpins, Console Wars, Twilight Zone, Why Women Kill, Ghosts, and/or any of their Star Trek content!

We got the week free trial to watch some movie (Quiet Place 2 maybe?) and found no good reason to keep Paramount+.  Maybe if you’re a Star Trek guy, or really into the procedurals that air on CBS…

Let's just point something out. 

Paramount does have exclusive Star Trek content, all the new stuff, if you like it. 

I thought that *all* older Star Trek content was moving to the channel as well. Part of acquiring the IP. 

Yet the classic Berman Era shows and select older movies continue to be offered on Amazon Prime and Hulu in the US. I just noticed that yesterday and it blue my mind. 

So if you need to binge Kira and Janeway, you don't need to buy P+ yet. 

I was watching the Mayor of Kingstown on Paramount (good show so far starring Jeremy Renner) and they had a blurb on the bottom of the screen to get 30 days of P+ with code “mayor”.  

South Park: Post Covid

LOL, that was one of the funniest episodes in years.  I loved how much extra effort went into this one, there was so many background and visual-only jokes, and so many clever up front jokes too.  Everything about the future world was funny, and seeing the adult version of all the kids one by was just got increasingly funny, all the way to literally the end!

Can't wait for part 2!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 21/11/2021 at 1:08 PM, Positivatee said:

the classic Berman Era shows and select older movies continue to be offered on Amazon Prime and Hulu in the US. I just noticed that yesterday and it blue my mind. 

So if you need to binge Kira and Janeway, you don't need to buy P+ yet. 

The classic Trek series leave Prime and head to P+ in January 1.

South Park: Post Covid: Return of Covid

Well, I liked it, but it was clearly a let-down after the terrific first part.  This didn't feel like it was written at the same time and they just chopped things in two; It felt like they wrote part 1 with its great cliffhanger ending, and then had to quickly make a part 2 to be ready a few weeks later.  The build up Butters being Victor Chaos in Part 1 was kind of deflated in Part 2 when he was just selling NFTs.  That was still funny and I liked it, but it had felt like they were building to something bigger.

I was also hoping they were pulling a long con with Cartman where he'd be revealed to still be a little shit in the future timeline, but I guess the reveal that he wanted to kill Kyle in the past only to ensure he'd still be happily married in the future was nicely subversive in its own way.  Likewise the fact that Tegridy Weed didn't play a role in Kenny's plan or have anything to do with time travel was kind of deflating.  But luckily the ending where everybody gets free weed and forgives each other was actually kind of a nice warm ending, and of course it was hilarious that everybody else had a better future but Cartman was now a homeless drunk.

One of hte best running bits was the Amazon Alexa girlfriends, that was consistently funny

Looking forward to Season 24 now - or should we consider it Season 25 since between the two Pandemic episodes and the two covid episodes, we basically had a normal season's worth of content, just squished into 4 episodes instead of 10?

• 3 weeks later...

mgid:arc:content:shared.southpark.us.en:

January 14, 2022 – New York, NY – Comedy Central today announced that the 25th Season of the renowned franchise, South Park, returns on Wednesday, February 2.

The celebration of 25 seasons kicks off with six brand new episodes.

Named “One of the All-Time Greatest TV Shows” by Entertainment Weekly, the Emmy® and Peabody® Award-winning, animated series returns to Comedy Central where it has aired on Wednesday nights for the past 25 years. Since the August 1997 launch there have been more than 523 billion minutes of South Park consumed on Comedy Central alone.

“To be halfway done with South Park is a great accomplishment-we can’t lie,” said co-creators Matt Stone and Trey Parker.

“For the past 25 years, multiple generations of fans have grown up enchanted by the outlandishly funny and subversive world that Matt and Trey have created with South Park,” said Chris McCarthy, President and CEO of ViacomCBS Media Networks and MTV Entertainment Studios. “As part of our expansive new deal, we are thrilled to continue our partnership with them for many more seasons of South Park on Comedy Central and many more made-for-streaming South Park exclusive events on Paramount+."

All-new episodes will be available to stream in HD on SouthPark.cc.com, CC.com and the Comedy Central App post-premiere.

“South Park” the series launched 25 years ago on August 13, 1997 and Comedy Central is ready to toast the show that put them on the map in a year filled with surprises and events that will thrill the show’s millions of fans.

Based on the animated short entitled “The Spirit of Christmas.” Co-creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone are executive producers, along with Anne Garefino and Frank C. Agnone II. Eric Stough, Adrien Beard, Bruce Howell and Vernon Chatman are producers. Christopher Brion is the creative director of South Park Digital Studios. “South Park’s” website is SouthPark.cc.com.

MTV Entertainment Studios’ expansive deal with Parker and Stone includes extending “South Park” on Comedy Central through 2027 and taking cable’s longest-running scripted series – August 13, 2022, marks the franchise’s 25th anniversary – through an unprecedented 30th season. In addition to the series extension, the new deal includes 14 “South Park” original made-for-streaming events exclusively for Paramount+, including this year’s SOUTH PARK: POST COVID and SOUTH PARK: POST COVID: THE RETURN OF COVID. The series has earned five Emmy Awards, to date, and a George Foster Peabody Award.

• 2 weeks later...

I like that they are calling the new season 25 (the last season that aired in 2019 was season 23).  I noticed that the combined length of the two pandemic specials and the two post covid specials equaled 10 episodes worth of content, so it made sense to me they'd call that season 24.