The Official South Park Thread

Koray Savas

Anybody besides me have DirecTV? I got the episode in HD!

I have Direct and their HD service, but not Comedy Central in HD.

I have that, but we don't subscribe to the HD package. So when I press 249 for Comedy Central, I have to press channel up once and then back down to get to "normal" Comedy Central. Typing in any channel number manually automatically takes me to the HD equivalent, only to read the message that I'm not subscribed to it. And I can't seem to deactivate this by making a favorites list. It's aggravating.

You should spring for the HD package, it's FABULOUS. I get just about every single show I watch in HD now

Anybody besides me have DirecTV? I got the episode in HD!

I have Direct and their HD service, but not Comedy Central in HD.

Are you sure? It just turned on 3 weeks ago or so

I noticed a lot of Watchmen imagery too. The Dark Knight music was hilarious :unsure:

Loved the reference to the ginger rally

This episode is genius.

Making fun of The Dark Knight and The Spirit :unsure: The music makes me laugh every time it plays, it's almost exact.

Also The Coon wall featuring Harvey Weinstein and Bruce Vilanch.

Ah, The Spirit, I never saw that one

Episode looked great in HD. Love having DirecTV :unsure:

LOVED the return of Professor Chaos. Loved Cartman's Bale-ized voiced when he was The Coon

I took it to be some random kid who looks like every other South Park character (generally speaking).

So who was Mysterion? Stan, Clyde, Kenny or Craig?

That was part of the joke.

yes, but it made for an unsatisfying episode.

Dave was mad, so was I. But it was worse for him because he said Lost was so bad last night and then South Park was stupid too.

This episode is genius.

Making fun of The Dark Knight and The Spirit :) The music makes me laugh every time it plays, it's almost exact.

Also The Coon wall featuring Harvey Weinstein and Bruce Vilanch.

There seemed to be a little Rorschach in there. The opening shot of the episode was a direct parody of one of the opening panels of Watchmen.

Well, if you read the Watchmen, not the movie, but the book. The opening shows the Comedian Pin soaked in blood and sort of zooms out to reveal the investigator standing at the broken window in the exact same way it zoomed out from the newspaper to Cartman.

There seemed to be a little Rorschach in there. The opening shot of the episode was a direct parody of one of the opening panels of Watchmen.

I didn't see any Watchmen in there.

:thumbup: They were obviously parodying Watchmen in some of the opening shots. And the narration was a direct lift off Rorschack's narration from Watchmen

the nice thing is next week there will either be a better one(easy to do) or a worse one(easy to do).

How is that any different from every other week?

the quest for a better episode is always continuing Ross, at least till the show ends this season.

Like Lost, South Park may well have seen better days.

Ah, but seasons 9-10-11 taught us that South Park can always come back from the gates of hell. And even generally unfunny episodes like this week's are fun to watch.

About Lost, I disagree with Dave. I think, if it keeps up like this, that this is one of the show's strongest seasons.

he says each show has it moments but that Lost is lost in season 5, the boy knows his show.

yeah it was good, and the needless materialism hit home tonight as I'm going through my den cleaning stuff out, I was going to keep something and Randy said the New Margaritaville with the salsa dispenser, WE NEED THIS, I went back through my keep pile and basically threw it all away.

I've only seen The Passion the one time; Where any shots from last night's episode directly lifted from it?

For anyone interested in supporting small businesses, WalMart is selling South Park season 5 for $14.99. Last month they were selling the first 4 seasons for $14.99 each, so it looks like they're working their way through the back catalogue in their sale. Go on, buy season 5 for just $14.99 and help support your local WalMart. :mellow:

Uh, shopping at Walmart doesn't support small businesses, it destroys them!

ahh now you know true ignorance

It was a very good episode, best this year so far. But where did the Cartman/Judas plot lead to? Surely, he could've been the one who told the Council where Kyle was when he started paying for everybody's bills. Since the Council allowed Kyle to do his thing, Cartman would've gotten no video game. Maybe they ran out of time to develop it a little more?

Kanye's gay fish song at the end reminded me of a Lonely Island song ;)

Great episode

Kinda silly that they had Conan in the episode since he's been off the air since Feb