Blu-ray News and Deals

Quintus

I don't like the changing of the definition of Cremers disease.

Alex was posting links to articles and trailers in the same thread we were already discussing said article or trailer - usually on the very same page he was posting on!

What filmmusic did is not the same at all. Nobody should be expected to read every thread on the board, and the video he posted is certainly fine to post in both the Jurassic World or the blu ray thread.

Dude, you were posting the same trailer that the very post before you was already talking about! It was pretty sad.

I just bought the fucking DVD!

Is it in 1.33:1?

If it is, at least you will have the full screen version because I'm sure the Bluray will be widescreen, cropping the top and bottom from the full screen one.

Disney is releasing a Miyazaki blu-ray box set later this year.

I literally just bought Spirited Away like 4 days before this announcement. I very nearly purchased several more! One extra will be disc of Spirited Away is a small price for such a nice set!

Miyazaki1.jpg

Oh, that's a bummer. With someone like Miyazaki, a person Disney clearly loves and respects, to put together a beautiful set like this and then get lazy about dubtitling is a shame. Especially with Princess Mononoke, my second favorite film of his. I really don't want to be listening to the original Japanese dialogue and then see its Americanized equivalent on the bottom of the screen.

Return to Oz is now on Blu-ray, but apparently only available through the Disney Movie Club, which would require me to invest in a bunch of other movies I don't want at MSRP. What the fuck is this bullshit? This is why I support piracy.

Return to Oz is now on Blu-ray, but apparently only available through the Disney Movie Club, which would require me to invest in a bunch of other movies I don't want at MSRP. What the fuck is this bullshit? This is why I support piracy.

Υes, I know.

I can't even buy anything from Disney Movie Club since I'm not an American citizen.

You can try ebay and amazon, but at higher prices.

I've got Return to Oz! (by the way, it's out since April)

It's one of my favourite films from my childhood!

The Bluray was quite good too, apart from the total absense of extras and the awful cover!

here's a great looking custom cover by a BLuray.com member:

QMjtja.png

I don't know if anyone is interested in this film.

I haven't seen it, but in reviews I see very good comments about it.

And my main interest is the synth music score by Patrick Leonard, which is based on the Madona song "Live to tell", which is probably my favourite Madonna song, and appears in the end credits I think.

The Bluray is coming in September from TT, in a 3000 limited edition.

11752553_1024218810930118_62986268425144

I asked TT if the isolated score track will include SFX too.

They said:

We're still working on it, but hopefully not...

My first thought as well - 5 villains and then Yoda? Why?

I guess its because they wanted to have no "humans" on the cover, just aliens, robots, or guys in masks. Otherwise, you're right, it would have made sense to put Dooku on 2.

I guess they should have put a clone trooper on 2, and Boba Fett on TESB...

And my main interest is the synth music score by Patrick Leonard, which is based on the Madona song "Live to tell", which is probably my favourite Madonna song, and appears in the end credits I think.

11752553_1024218810930118_62986268425144

It's not a filmmusic movie (it's harsh, bleak, depressive and full of nasty characters)

Here you are gentlemen!

You can buy the special editions of Star wars before SW VII hits theaters......... again! :lol:

http://www.starwars.com/news/the-star-wars-saga-to-be-enshrined-in-limited-edition-blu-ray-steelbooks

At least those stupid episode numbers are gone. And the Fox logo is still on the covers.

It's not a filmmusic movie (it's harsh, bleak, depressive and full of nasty characters)

Yes, I understand that, so I really think I'll like it! ;)

Here you are gentlemen!

You can buy the special editions of Star wars before SW VII hits theaters......... again! :lol:

http://www.starwars.com/news/the-star-wars-saga-to-be-enshrined-in-limited-edition-blu-ray-steelbooks

At least those stupid episode numbers are gone. And the Fox logo is still on the covers.

Well, the Fox logo may not be in the beginning of the actual films however!

You missed when we originally discussed it:

http://www.jwfan.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=16375&page=165#entry1111466

Here you are gentlemen!

So, we're only 4 months away from another Star Wars movie and they still label a new release of the 6 existing films as "the complete saga." What the hell??

*Resumes twiddling thumbs and wishing for new theatrical releases of the OT.*

The Complete Lucasfilm Saga is what it should be called.

It's not complete in my book without the UOT.

Well those aren't Lucas' versions anymore anyway. The day he started tinkering with them they became something else.

That's exactly what I was saying. That the UOT (unaltered original trilogy) shouldn't be part of the Lucasfilm saga as those aren't his vision any longer.

Well, it's the vision of a young Lucas (before he turned to the dark side)! :P