Blu-ray News and Deals

Quintus

I'm waiting for that one. I can get it cheap from Amazon US but they don't have free shipping.

I threw it in the trolley at our local Morrisons supermarket. £29.99.

I take it the Amazon shipping is prohibitively expensive? I'm curious because I use Amazon A LOT. I'll get it for you if you want.

It's more expensive when you order in the US, I think. £29.99 is cheaper than amazon UK (£32.00) or play.com (£34.99) but play.com does free shipping. When you add postal costs to the price of Morrisons, it will probably approximate the price of play.com. In the end, I'm hoping that the price will be cheaper when it's available here.

The Searchers looks terrific and the cinematography is great, why on earth do all the directors today reject real color. This film looks beautiful.

I feel modern cinematography frequently has either a cold blueish tinted desaturated look, desaturated colors, an intensely warm orangey tint and/or an overexposed look. Technicolor marvels like The Searchers are not trendy.

I would too.

I will say that Jaminski had to balls to use real colors in Tin Tin.

I would too.

It's Tintin. No space, no capital letter in the middle of the name. Capital T, small i, small n, small t, small i, small n. Tintin.

Where's that photo of John Williams' score to Tin Tin? He obviously gave the same level of shit about the proper spelling of that flick as Joey, who clearly didn't get paid to write a note for the flick.

The Oscars (although technically Williams had nothing to do with this):

oscars_tintin_spelling.jpg

Jason's obligatory response:

4copie.png

That page was made by the producers of the Oscar broadcast, it was not made by anyone working on the film. Williams and Pope spelled Tintin right on the real sheet music.

I would too.

It's Tintin. No space, no capital letter in the middle of the name. Capital T, small i, small n, small t, small i, small n. Tintin.

it's Tin Tin, that is how i spell it and if you don't like it then toooooo bad. Now that I know you are anal about it I will have to always spell it Tin Tin.

i like the movie Tin Tin, i plan to buy the Adventures of Tin Tin on Blu, Dave and i will watch Tin Tin, When the sequel to Tin Tin, Tin Tin Two comes out we will go see it and when the blu for Tin Tin Two comes out we will buy the blu to Tin Tin Two and sit and watch it. Then when Tin Tin Three is directed by SS we will go see it.

bent wrist to the chest special or just limp wrist special

we had the Abyss and True Lies discussion the other day now today this:

And in other news, this would normally go in The Rumor Mill, but it's easier to just post it here: We've been checking with our industry sources and have confirmed that 20th Century Fox is definitely planning to bring director James Cameron's The Abyss and True Lies to Blu-ray at long last. Sources tell us that the hope is to do a big promotion with the titles sometime next year. Why the wait? Cameron is a pretty busy guy these days, so these things take time. (Hey, when was the last time you tried diving to the deepest point in the ocean?) Nevertheless, rest assured that the two long-awaited films are definitely coming to Blu in the not-too-distant future.

Disney's Blu Ray catalog releases for this year and there are some titles that I really want!

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=8386

I especially can't wait for:

Adventures in Babysitting

Ed Wood

Arachnophobia

Dick Tracy

Pocahontas/Pocahontas 2 (would prefer to just have the first film)

Rescuers/Rescuers Down Under (would prefer to just have the 2nd film)

The Hand That Rocks The Cradle

And the big one for many here...

HOCUS POCUS! And it says "special edition" on the cover, so let's hope it is!

http://www.blu-ray.c...-Blu-ray/40523/

There are a lot more titles so check them out. Most of them had bare-bones non-anamorphic DVDs, at least in Region 1. So a lot of these will absolutely be great upgrades for people who are fans of the films, even if there are no bonus features added. A great year for Disney animated/live action catalog titles!

This gives me hope for near-future blu ray releases of other live-action Disney titles. I'm really keeping an eye out now for Return To Oz... I bet they'll do a release for that film when the new Oz films come out in theaters.

The Poseidon Adventure will be available on Blu April 3rd exclusively at Walmart. Right now you can preorder it for 12.99. It will sit nicely next to my Towering Inferno, now if only Airport, Airport 75, and Earthquake will get decent Blu releases.

while in Wally world i found the Wolfman for 7.88 on blu. Not a good film, not a bad film, but it's an okay werewolf film worth the price.

I was very lucky and found a store where they sold 'Rome - the complete series' for 29€... Guess what I did this weekend. Marvelous show.

I was very lucky and found a store where they sold 'Rome - the complete series' for 29€... Guess what I did this weekend. Marvelous show.

It is!

How does it look on blu-ray?

It's sort of a mixed bag; many shots look great (at least on my small screen), but at times there is very heavy grain and softness. In any case, it must be vastly superior to the DVDs, and for that price... :-)

got Carrie on blu today for only $4.20 new.

I was happy with my DVD but at that price I couldn't say no.

got Carrie on blu today for only $4.20 new.

I was happy with my DVD but at that price I couldn't say no.

You can't say no to a lot of things, can ya?

:lol:

Speaking of lyrics from Superman, I gave my Superman blu ray away, the single disc version.

I went through all my dvd's and Blu's last night and gathered a few to give to my co-worker. Gave her the dvd of Carrie, Poltergiest, and the Poseidon Adventure. I like the Digibook format which is the blu version of Poltergeist I plan to purchase.

Dune for 4.90 Euro. I wish it was the SE (I haven't seen the longer version) but unfortunately it's not available in the old continent.

Alex