Blu-ray News and Deals

Quintus

Seriously. The cheapest the complete collection set (which is just all the individual season releases + The Plan in a slipcase) has been is $95 ($23.75 per season if you count The Plan as a freebie, or $18.99/release if the count the Plan as equal to the other seasons in value)

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Battlestar-Galactica-The-Complete-Series-Blu-ray/9570/

I really am not into getting tv shows on blu ray, but if I did BSG would be one.

I would love to find Hugo and North By Northwest deals this week, has anyone spotted either?

I really am not into getting tv shows on blu ray.

Torrents are fine too....

I'd rather not go by illegal means.

I really am not into getting tv shows on blu ray, but if I did BSG would be one.

I would love to find Hugo and North By Northwest deals this week, has anyone spotted either?

I'm hoping for Hugo too. The Hitchcock box is down to $150 right now. Hopefully that gets a good price cut. Don't know who would pay $225 on release day for that.

I don't want all those movies on the Hitchcock box. I just want a few, I already have Psycho. I am not a huge fan of Vertigo. the movie doesn't work for me.

tomorrow Sidney Lumet's underrated film 1982 film Deathtrap will become available on Bluray. It's a fun film with a twist that at the time was much more shocking than today. It features a very unique and pleasant score by Johnny Mandel. I may have to make a purchase.

Amazon.com is now selling The Lord Of The Rings: Extended Edition box set for $39.99 as a lightning deal that only lasts for 3 hours or until 100% are claimed!

Also starting just now, and for the next 3 hours only (or until 100% are claimed), the theatrical cut of FOTR is $3.96 on Amazon.com. TTT Theatrical cut will be $3.96 on Monday on Amazon at this time, and ROTK Theatrical Cut will be $3.96 in Wal Mart stores on Black Friday.

The Fellowship of the Ring: Theatrical Cut $3.96

Here are some other low prices I found that are active right now:

Ocean's Trilogy $9.99

Austin Powers Trilogy $10.00

Rome: Season 1 $16.82

Rome: Season 2 $16.82

Fringe: Season 4 $16.99

Modern Family: Season 1 $18.99

Modern Family: Season 2 $18.99

pass on all those. 18.99 is a lot to pay for an entire season of seriously unfunny shows.

From where?

Just saw that it's $10 on Amazon. Picked it up.

There are so many fucking cheap Blus right now it's making me crazy!! I did miss Brave though, completely forgot to come back to the computer to get that one, but I think it's scheduled to be on sale again tomorrow.

Need For Speed: Most Wanted went down another $5 so I cancelled my previous order and replaced it.

From where?

Just saw that it's $10 on Amazon. Picked it up.

There are so many fucking cheap Blus right now it's making me crazy!! I did miss Brave though, completely forgot to come back to the computer to get that one, but I think it's scheduled to be on sale again tomorrow.

Need For Speed: Most Wanted went down another $5 so I cancelled my previous order and replaced it.

from Amazon, used my free shipping coupon. it was 10.79 but they had another seller for 8.96, they had one left. I snagged it.

Just got back from Walmart. I spent 68.01 including tax, got Brave, Rise of the Planet of the Apes, We Bought a Zoo, Cabin in the Woods, Hunger Games, Prometheus, Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunters, X2-Xmen United, all on blu and Big Bang Theory Season Five.

So far my nabs are:

The Adventures Of Tintin

Hugo

Ruby Sparks

The Shawshank Redemption (Blu-ray Book)

Planning to get the Indiana Jones set, Firefly, The Hunger Games, and Brave tomorrow. There are several other titles I wouldn't mind picking up but don't really need to own. Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes was tempting at $10. I'd like to see it again, really enjoyed it in theaters. Flicks like The King's Speech, Magic Mike, and Haywire I'd like but don't really want to blind buy.

picked up Kill Bill 1 and 2 this morning at BB for 3.99 each. I wanted Ingloreous Basterds but it was not on sale. The original was but I'm not interested in it. I can get it at Wally world cheap later. Next up Dark Knight Rises.

Joey you are large, solidly built man. Some others may not come out as sweetly of roses smelling!

You got some good flicks there though :yes:

I got a few James Bond movies. The 5 first ones with Sean Connery. I've never seen them in widescreen or HD.

I saw the Indy movie set for 49$. 15$ cheaper than what I paid

Picked up Alien Anthology for 19.99 from Best Buy,

Nice, well done.

along with Final Destination 5 for 7.99.

Ehh, it's shite. Better that 8 dollars for beer.

What do the missing 24 seconds inlude?

by the way, UK set of Indiana Jones Collection Blurays:

Lightning Price: 29.99 pounds (approx. 37 euros)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B003AQBVRW/ref=s9_simh_gw_p74_d0_i1?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=056VF75EPV7Q417KTQSZ&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=317828027&pf_rd_i=468294

See here.

http://www.amazon.co...&pf_rd_i=468294

It's actually €35 at amazon.de right now, so depending on where you're at and what shipping costs you (don't) have to pay, one or the other may be cheaper.

I'm getting my Indy box from amazon.de and the Hitchcock set from Amazon UK.

Slightly tempted by the US Bond offer. If the customs ignore the package, it would be a *really* good deal, even with shipping to Europe. Even with taxes, it'd still be cheap, but not that extremely. The customs hassle (which may well mean 3 additional weeks of shipping, pre-Christmas) and the CR cuts have me hesitating.

The "cut" version is the only version of CR I've seen (3 times now). Its fine! Who cares about some extra frames of violence

Why does anyone even care? The cuts to CR are so slight that they're hardly even noticeable.

In other news, there's still no sign of the supposed price cut for Dr. Jones. Not yet anyway. :(

Because the film makers knew their work didn't deserve the R rating (and international equivalents) that the stupid ratings boards were about to arbitrarily slap onto it. They also knew they'd make less money without a PG-13.

See here.

http://www.amazon.co...&pf_rd_i=468294

It's actually €35 at amazon.de right now, so depending on where you're at and what shipping costs you (don't) have to pay, one or the other may be cheaper.

I'm getting my Indy box from amazon.de and the Hitchcock set from Amazon UK.

Slightly tempted by the US Bond offer. If the customs ignore the package, it would be a *really* good deal, even with shipping to Europe. Even with taxes, it'd still be cheap, but not that extremely. The customs hassle (which may well mean 3 additional weeks of shipping, pre-Christmas) and the CR cuts have me hesitating.

Thanks.

Moreover, since you're buying the Uk Hitchcock box, you might want to know that a film of this (I don't remember which) is cut too, in comparison with the USA set.

(searching for info now...)

edit: Hmmm. it seems I may be wrong.

The only thing i found is that the UK set is missing the mono track from Vertigo.

But i was almost sure that i had seen something about different cuts of a movie in Uk and USA sets.