Blu-ray News and Deals

Quintus

Prometheus is also only $9.99 on Blu if anyone cares. Raging Bull is $3.99 and Fargo is $4.99 if you'd rather own particularly good movies.

Prometheus is also only $9.99 on Blu if anyone cares.

Nobody cares.

I didn't care when I had the chance to buy it for 4.99 Euro. I don't care for Prometheus 2 either, even though chances are it's going to be much better. How can it not be?!

I decided to check out last night to see what all the hub-bub was about. Needless to say I didn't really like it that much. I mean some aspects of it leading up to the movie Alien wasn't too bad but over all it was meh. I wasn't too fond of the "early" concept for the Facehugger's.

Big talk! Wait until the release is almost there and when the hype starts!

haven't seen Man of Steel, Hobbit, the X-men films except the first 3, captain America, Avengers, Thor etc (nor I think i will ever see them).

The only blockbuster I'm curious to see and I will go to the cinema is Gravity.

A sleeper hit is relatively "small" film that does far better then it's studio, critics and the general public expects. Often released out of the big blockbuster seasons, without much of a publicity campaign behind it. Usually it becomes a hit due to positive word to mouth.

Pretty Woman is a classic example of a sleeper hit.

No, not at all.

Apart from the few very very clever trailers, this didnt get much in the way of pre-release advertisement. I didnt even know the film existed till the first trailer. Info on sites like IMDB, Wikipedia etc remained scant till after the film was released.

The main publicity came from word to mouth. People seeing the film and advising others to go and see it.

Gravity is not a blockbuster. It's a sleeper hit.

200+ million, it's a blockbuster.

I would disagree, it's the best reviewed mainstream film this year.

I really thought it's marketing was handled well.

In space no one hear your last breath.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's Black Friday week, so ya'll know what that means. Cheapo blus galore!

Here is a list of the newest price drops on Amazon, courtesy of blu-ray.com

So far I've picked up: Mad Men Season 5, Zero Dark Thirty, Star Trek Into Darkness, Unforgiven, and Lawless. I'm sure there will be even more drops tomorrow and through the weekend.

Ooooh, thanks for reminding me. Just picked up Beetlejuice, Dances With Wolves, Kick Ass, and True Romance for $4 each!

I got Die Hard, Die Hard 2, Die Hard 3, Monster Univ., Little Mermaid, Heat, Now You See Me, This is the End, Jack the Giant Slayer, Ben Hur/Ten Commandments combo (2 copies), Big Bang Season 6, and the LOTR 3 film set, all for 96 bucks total. I also got the Burton Batman Digibook and Planet of the apes series as gifts.

39082372_500x500_1_zps9482a2a9.jpg

Looked at several clips on youtube, thought it was quite brilliant (a kind of 'avant la lettre' of Scorsese's The Last Temptation Of Christ) and so I ordered the Blu-ray.

Alex

Its a musical!

It's also one of the finest musicals and rock operas ever, and that's coming from someone who stopped going even for Christmas and Easter.

Well, I'm ready for a 10/10 experience. The setting is amazing. It looks like Ethiopia. Everything is desert, rock and ancient ruins. I hope the image and sound quality will be up to scratch. The Blu-ray is only 8 Euros.

I was wondering, has anyone seen the classic Twilight Zone series? (maybe someone among the older ones here)

I would love to get the complete series in Bluray, but it's sooo expensive.

39787_large.jpg

I've seen every episode of the original Twilight Zone, don't like the word classic used for it, many episodes ARE classics, but more are not.

I was wondering, has anyone seen the classic Twilight Zone series? (maybe someone among the older ones here)

I would love to get the complete series in Bluray, but it's sooo expensive.

39787_large.jpg

I've seen every episode of the original Twilight Zone, don't like the word classic used for it, many episodes ARE classics, but more are not.

Holy crap! Amazon is selling the complete Blu Ray boxset of Battlestar Galactica (re-imagined series) - All 4 seasons plus Razor and The Plan - for their lowest price ever - $89.99!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0036EH3U2/jwfancom-20

Buy buy buy!

Other deals:

Star Trek Into Darkness for $8 (click)

Skyfall for $8 (click)

Ah heck, just check out this list

http://www.blu-ray.com/deals/#bf

ALSO: My poor wallet! All the Miyazi blu rays are on sale for $19.99! This is not a bargain per say, as $20 is a crap-ton of money to spend on a single movie - but this is the lowest prices they have ever been (the retail price is $40 each!)

My Neighbor Totoro $20! click

Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind $20! click

Castle In The Sky $20! click

Howl's Moving Castle $20! click

Ponyo $18.23! click