Blu-ray News and Deals

Quintus

Amazon's sales are killing me. Huge sales on Blu-ray books as well as several others. Amazon had their Black Friday calendar up but took it down I think. Pulp Fiction will be $3.99 sometime, I don't remember exactly when.

So far I've picked up the Jurassic Park trilogy, the Bourne trilogy, Seven, and The Color Purple.

Amazon's sales are killing me. Huge sales on Blu-ray books as well as several others. Amazon had their Black Friday calendar up but took it down I think. Pulp Fiction will be $3.99 sometime, I don't remember exactly when.

So far I've picked up the Jurassic Park trilogy, the Bourne trilogy, Seven, and The Color Purple.

No one's forcing you to buy all that!

I was like this with DVDs - buying all sorts of stuff because it was cheap. Unless you really spend every waking hour watching films (and I don't), I don't see the point.

Pulp Fiction is now down to $9 as well.

Seven (Book version) has dropped to $13.64

---

Amazon had their Black Friday calendar up but took it down I think. Pulp Fiction will be $3.99 sometime, I don't remember exactly when.

I posted the link to all the titles just 6 posts above yours. Here is the link again:

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=7756

And here are the titles for those too lazy to click:

Note: All times are PST.

Monday, November 21 -

8:30 AM - 12:30 PM:

- The Cider House Rules: $4.99 (Expired)

- HD Moods Aquarium: $7.49 (Expired)

- HD Moods Fire: $5.99 (Expired)

12:30 PM - 4:30 PM:

- Special 2:00 PM Lightning Deal on Saving Private Ryan: $13.99 (Expired)

- The Crow: $4.99 (Expired)

4:30 PM - 8:30 PM:

- Pulp Fiction: $3.99 (Expired)

- I Am Legend: $4.99 (Expired)

- Independence Day: $4.99 (Expired)

Tuesday, November 22 -

- Land of the Dead: $5.00

- Office Space: $4.99

- Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story: $4.99

- Leatherheads: $4.99

- Ronin: $4.99

- Jarhead: $4.99

- The Men Who Stare at Goats: $7.49

Wednesday, November 23 -

- The Princess Bride: $4.99

- Marley & Me: $4.99

- Love Happens: $4.99

- 300: $4.99

8:30 PM - 11:30 PM:

- Mimic: $4.99

Thursday, November 24 -

- Mad Men: Season One

- Mad Men: Season Two

- Mad Men: Season Three

- Mad Men: Season Four

Friday, November 25 -

12:30 AM - 4:30 AM:

- Hot Tub Time Machine

4:30 AM - 8:30 AM:

- The Dark Knight

- Cars 2: $16.99

- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (Movie-Only Edition)

- Inception

- X-Men

- Fast Five

Saturday, November 26 -

- Fair Game

8:30 PM - 12:30 AM:

- The Nutcracker: The Untold Story

- Hoodwinked Too! Hood vs. Evil

Monday, November 28 -

4:30 AM - 8:30 AM:

- Evangelion: 1.11 You Are (Not) Alone

- FLCL: Complete Collection

- The Hurt Locker

- Seven Samurai

- The Warriors

- The African Queen

- Sons of Anarchy: Season One: $18.99

- Sons of Anarchy: Season Two: $18.99

- Sons of Anarchy: Season Three: $18.99

- Quantum of Solace: $4.99

- TRON: Legacy 3D / TRON

- Stardust

- Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street

- The Ten Commandments

8:30 PM - 12:30 AM:

- Source Code

- Red

- Let Me In

- Shooter

- Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy

- Galaxy Quest

Thanks for the links. I just bought JP at the discounted price. I saved "$49.99" off retail. Even if there's a better deal somewhere else this weekend, I can't complain.

That's a good deal for the Jurassics...wait longer for a great one.

I wouldn't buy the regular version because the packaging is horrendous. Best Buy's tin is better.

The Star Trek TOS movie set is down to 40. That's really good!

About Harry Potter:

Does anyone know what is in the extra 3 BLurays in this edition?

http://www.amazon.co...=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

edit: Oh, I guess it's in the description?

and I also like the package of this one here:

http://www.blu-ray.c...-Blu-ray/18212/

So, it doesn't have those documentaries from the individual ultimate releasess?

Creating the world of Harry potter (with the part 4:Sound and Music. that was good!)

Oh, i'm so confused with all the editions they make for a film.

Why don't they do one universal edition for all countries and get on with it!!

I got Big Bang season 4 for 5 bucks at Walmart(I thought it was supposed to be 10 but it was only 5), along with ID4, Terminator, I am Legend, and Marley and Me.

for 10 bucks each I got Fast Five, Rio, C of N, Dawn Treader, and Xmen First Class for 10 bucks each.

Got Jurassic Park trilogy for 27.99, Evil Dead 2 for 10, Terminator 2 for 5, and A Christmas Carol for 10.

A Christmas Carol looks very good on blu, and the disc is loaded with all kinds of extras.

I got Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves, Matrix (first one, natch) and Pineapple Express for $5 each. And that's the extent of my non-LLL Black Friday shopping. :)

2 blu rays for each movie (because its so long) = 6

2 dvds of special features for each more (identical to the old special features discs) = 6

3 dvds containing a digital copy of each movie = 3

6 + 6 + 3 = 15

The whole digital copy thing confuses me... whenever I get one and put the disc in, it just tells me to download it from iTunes - does it have anything on the actual disc bar a software front-end for the redemption?

I dunno about those digital copies included

Do you have to sell your soul to actually download them? And there's probably so much DRM in them it might screw up my PC

2 dvds of special features for each more (identical to the old special features discs) = 6

6 + 6 + 3 = 15

I'm glad I'm not a fan.

I'm not so sure about that... Don't these three other discs contain the Costa Botes documentaries?

Nope

6 + 6 + 3 = 15

In my collection box, disc 5 in each of the movie boxes contains no digital copy but Behind the Scenes Costa Botes footage, like BloodBoal said. Maybe European version of this collection is different from American?

In my collection box, disc 5 in each of the movie boxes contains no digital copy but Behind the Scenes Costa Botes footage, like BloodBoal said. Maybe European version of this collection is different from American?

Same here, British release. I should watch those discs someday, actually.

• 2 weeks later...

Question for Star Trek fans (which I know many of you are). Is it true that the only way to get the first film, Star Trek: The Motion Picture, on BluRay is to get it in the box set of the "original" films? And either way, which version of the film is on BluRay, and is it worth it? Thanks. :)

Well, from my searches it seems to only be available separately as a Region B Blu Ray, not Region A (which is what I need). So it seems for Region A people the only way to get this is in the box set, which is crap because you can apparently get the other ones separately. :(

Well, from my searches it seems to only be available separately as a Region B Blu Ray, not Region A (which is what I need). So it seems for Region A people the only way to get this is in the box set, which is crap because you can apparently get the other ones separately. :(

i really can't understand people who have a problem with the Region (only if it's a matter of subtitles).

Just with a little software, and your bluray can play everything.

unless you're on a bluray player and not on bluray on your pc. I'm not sure how it's done there..

By the way, looking forward for this in January:

33871_large.jpg

i really can't understand people who have a problem with the Region (only if it's a matter of subtitles).

Just with a little software, and your bluray can play everything.

unless you're on a bluray player and not on bluray on your pc. I'm not sure how it's done there..

There's only a handful of standalone Blu players that are region free. Most others are free for DVD region codes but not for Blu.

I found it in region a on amazon

Can you link it for me? I can't seem to find it. I keep coming across this one that is labeled as Region B:

http://www.amazon.co.../dp/B002XISFGS/

And like some here, I also do not have a Blu Ray player through my computer, but an actual player connected to a TV, so regions do matter in my case.

I found it in region a on amazon

Can you link it for me? I can't seem to find it. I keep coming across this one that is labeled as Region B:

http://www.amazon.co.../dp/B002XISFGS/

And like some here, I also do not have a Blu Ray player through my computer, but an actual player connected to a TV, so regions do matter in my case.

Oh ok. That's the one I found.

Although according to this site it is in fact region free: http://forum.blu-ray.com/blu-ray-movies-north-america/186228-blu-rays-released-region-b-territories-region-free.html (at least the boxset version is, can't imagine it's different)

Any time they want to release the Indiana Jones movies, we're all ready.

oh, yes!!! Waiting for my all time favourite adventure film: Indiana Jones and Temple of Doom!

By the way, I just watched Hook.

3-4 times I cried over John Williams' brilliant music and most of the time I was in goosebumps!!

I love this film too and I can't understand why it is so underrated.

You can't call yourself a JWFan and not have this film in Bluray!

Any time they want to release the Indiana Jones movies, we're all ready.

oh, yes!!! Waiting for my all time favourite adventure film: Indiana Jones and Temple of Doom!

By the way, I just watched Hook.

3-4 times I cried over John Williams' brilliant music and most of the time I was in goosebumps!!

I love this film too and I can't understand why it is so underrated.

You can't call yourself a JWFan and not have this film in Bluray!

I guess I'm not a JWFan for at least the next several months. I love that movie, but I don't have enough expendable income to be buying blu-rays right now!