Hal Leonard Signature Editions

filmmusic

• 2 months later...

I cant comment on that. I have yet to listen to the music as I am holding out until I see the film on Sunday. But I figure anything is usually better than nothing.

2 hours ago, Tom said:

I am not complaining about the piece itself, just the lack of other pieces.  I was hoping for the multi-movement suite like with TFA.  

Using what?

John Williams suites, and Star Wars suites at that are based on themes.

here we don't have any other piece (at least in the album and I'm sure in the complete score too) that relies on a new theme.

Well, I think the Fathiers would work as a standalone piece--maybe with a grander finale than the cue itself.  While it would be a departure of sorts, he could offer the Battle of Crait as a concert track.  It would function much like the end credits of TFA--comprised mostly of themes for which there are already concert pieces.  

For a soundtrack as vigorous, energetic, and bold as it is, the Rebellion Reborn, while very good, just does not seem like a representative sample.  

6 hours ago, filmmusic said:

Using what?

John Williams suites, and Star Wars suites at that are based on themes.

here we don't have any other piece (at least in the album and I'm sure in the complete score too) that relies on a new theme.

5 hours ago, Tom said:

Well, I think the Fathiers would work as a standalone piece--maybe with a grander finale than the cue itself.  While it would be a departure of sorts, he could offer the Battle of Crait as a concert track.  It would function much like the end credits of TFA--comprised mostly of themes for which there are already concert pieces.  

For a soundtrack as vigorous, energetic, and bold as it is, the Rebellion Reborn, while very good, just does not seem like a representative sample.  

I think it's more or less the same situation that we had with Attack of the Clones. One main new theme = one concert piece. They could indeed release complete action/battle cues, and I'm sure people would love them (think also about the previous movies... a full "Battle of Yavin", a full "Battle of Hoth", or maybe even the full final reel of "Revenge of the Sith", given that the main piece already has the choir...). But they are simply not doing this, perhaps JW does not want it. 

I'm just surprised he didn't do an end credits suite ala Jedi Steps, considering how popular that piece has been in his concerts for the last two years?

Just a bit odd.

13 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

The score has been officially released. Track titles are now allowed to be posted freely.

Well, if that is the principle, that would be pretty much similar to "the movie has been released. Spoilers are now allowed to be posted freely", which we all agree isn't really the case.

By the way I have two questions then:

1: why is there still a thread with "no track titles allowed" if they are actually allowed?

2: what's the point of forbidding track titles in threads if they are allowed as soon as the score is released? The track list comes from an official release of the score, usually gets announced shortly before the release of the score and the CD itself is released before the movie: does it make sense to forbid it for a few days? What is the purpose?

Thanks,

6 hours ago, ciarlese said:

Well, if that is the principle, that would be pretty much similar to "the movie has been released. Spoilers are now allowed to be posted freely", which we all agree isn't really the case.

By the way I have two questions then:

1: why is there still a thread with "no track titles allowed" if they are actually allowed?

2: what's the point of forbidding track titles in threads if they are allowed as soon as the score is released? The track list comes from an official release of the score, usually gets announced shortly before the release of the score and the CD itself is released before the movie: does it make sense to forbid it for a few days? What is the purpose?

Thanks,

I have a question myself: if you don't want to read track titles of a Star Wars score, why are you on a John Williams message board 4 days after official release date?

On 12/15/2017 at 11:09 PM, Tom said:

Well that is disappointing.  I was hoping for The Fathiers as well as a surprise or two.  

I was gonna say the exact same thing! That's the least interesting track to have the score to!

22 hours ago, gkgyver said:

I have a question myself: if you don't want to read track titles of a Star Wars score, why are you on a John Williams message board 4 days after official release date?

The are several threads, I was avoiding those about TLJ and enjoying the other discussions, specially those about the latest Matessino's releases.

And FYI, there are thousands of star wars forums where spoilers are still not allowed so your point doesn't really make sense.

Anyway don't want to stay off topic.

Bye.

• 2 weeks later...

Available now and listed on Hal Leonard's website:

Men of the Yorktown (Midway)

That's Entertainment (arr. Williams)

Tribute to the Film Composer (2002 Oscar Medley)

And of course the above-mentioned Rebellion is Reborn for preorder.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Ludwig said:

Don't worry. They have top men working on it right now. Top... men.

Oh, do you know something more? or it was a quote from a film? I'm confused. :unsure:

1 hour ago, filmmusic said:

Oh, do you know something more? or it was a quote from a film? I'm confused. :unsure:

All your life has been spent in pursuit of Williams relics. Inside The Post are treasures beyond your wildest aspirations. You want to see it printed as well as I. Filmmusic, we are simply passing through history. This, this is history.

5 hours ago, filmmusic said:

He was quoting Raiders of the Lost Ark.

37 minutes ago, Fal said:

He was quoting Raiders of the Lost Ark.

I knew it sounded familiar..

Anyway:

Unfortunately, we do not have any publications from "The Post" in production at this time

9 hours ago, filmmusic said:

I knew it sounded familiar..

Anyway:

The search for JW's scores is the search for the divine in all of us. But if you want printed scores, filmmusic, I've none to give you. At my age, I'm prepared to take a few things on manuscript. 

(Well, I wish I could!)

• 2 months later...

Sent HL an email re. The Adventures of Han Signature Edition,

Thank you for your email. At this point, we do not have this title in production. 

Heartbreak in a sentence right there.

2 hours ago, carlborg said:

Sent HL an email re. The Adventures of Han Signature Edition,

Heartbreak in a sentence right there.

Hold your horses mate. These things usually take some months to reach commercial publication.

3 hours ago, zoltan_902 said:

Hold your horses mate. These things usually take some months to reach commercial publication.

That’s good to know...at least there’s some hope then!

• 3 weeks later...

My dear fellow JWfanners, I have two questions that I hope someone will be able to answer, even though I just cancelled my JP/TLW order.

1. I noticed Hal Leonard has some digital downloads up  now for BB trumpet parts of The Patriot and Liberty Fanfare. Could anyone tell me which format they come in? Are those playable on a computer?

2. This might be a really stupid one, but could anyone tell me who holds the copyrights to all Signature Editions? Hal Leonard's website says that info should be on the first page, but I can't seem to find it on the only edition I have access to, Jane Eyre.

Thank you in advance!

On 3/23/2018 at 1:37 PM, filmmusic said:

I just sent a message to Hal Leonard asking if there will be any publication (piano or full score) from THE POST.

Although i don't think so..

I hope this helps for reference:

https://www.sheetmusicplus.com/title/the-post-sheet-music/20732579

or in Australia...

https://www.fishpond.com.au/Books/Post-Professor-John-Williams-By-composer/9781540026170

Ordered my copy and awaiting arrival. Cheers.

• 8 months later...
5 hours ago, KingPin said:

Thanks for the heads up. I'll be ordering those as soon as they're out.

• 1 month later...

Adventures of Han and the new Han and Leia now available at Sheetmusicplus. Just ordered my copies

https://www.sheetmusicplus.com/title/the-adventures-of-han-sheet-music/21189250

https://www.sheetmusicplus.com/title/han-solo-and-the-princess-sheet-music/21189246

14 hours ago, bollemanneke said:

Am I really the only one who's surprised by the listed HSATP runtime? So short!

It’s 5 minutes long. Which I think pretty much matches JW’s version with BPO last May.