Indiana Jones: The Soundtracks Collection (official Thread)

Mr. Breathmask

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Summary:

17 days to go

Probably excellent sound quality judging from the 2 samples ,including Raiders

No TRACK TIMES yet!!!

Can nov 11 come soon enough?

Will Part 2 of this thread make it to 100 pages?

K.M.

It's not at all like in the movie. The film omits the last note of "Washington Ending" and crossfades right to the trumpet's entrance in "The Raiders March." It sounds pretty lousy when you listen closely. This new version certainly doesn't omit any music.

By itself, the final note of "Washington Ending" (or "The Warehouse" on DCC) sounds a little empty to me. I think it was designed to be complemented by the first note of "Raiders March."

See this is what I meant earlier Erik and I agree with Henry on this matter.

Since when did we start agreeing with edits of music in the movie? I mean, they butchered "The Big Battle" in The Phantom Menace...are we satisfied with it presentation on The Ultimate Edition soundtrack?

-Erik-

That's silly to compare this to the Ultimate Edition. The two cues are simply mixed together the same way "In the Idol's Temple" or "The German Sub / To the Nazi Base" are mixed together on the DCC release of Raiders.

That's silly to compare this to the Ultimate Edition. The two cues are simply mixed together the same way "In the Idol's Temple" or "The German Sub / To the Nazi Base" are mixed together on the DCC release of Raiders.

But at least no notes are cut off in those cues. And again, The Warehouse and End Credits are two totally different cues.

-Erik-

Part 2 already? We're not even in november yet...

I knew somehow I'd have to keep my good old DCC... The Raiders March, no matter how it was presented in the film, should be a totally separated track...

But at least no notes are cut off in those cues. And again, The Warehouse and End Credits are two totally different cues.

Nothing is cut off on this new release.

Whether the cues were actually meant to be separate is a matter of conjecture, as the film truncates them and does a crossfade.

I knew somehow I'd have to keep my good old DCC... The Raiders March, no matter how it was presented in the film, should be a totally separated track...

Just because it's a classic doesn't mean it should function as a standalone piece. I hear it as a direct continuation of "Washington Ending," and evidently the producers of this set did as well.

There is the Disc 5 track "Raiders March," however, for all your separated needs.

It's worth noting that KOTCS was the FIRST Indy score where Williams arranged and recorded special concert versions -- as opposed to the end credits, or an edit of the end credits.

Personally, my final assembly will include 2 CDs for each score, with a bonus disc of concert versions and alternate performances culled from various sources.

It's worth noting that KOTCS was the FIRST Indy score where Williams arranged and recorded special concert versions -- as opposed to the end credits, or an edit of the end credits.

For the original soundtrack release, anyway. Williams later expanded on "Parade of the Slave Children" from Temple of Doom, "Scherzo for Motorcycle and Orchestra" from Last Crusade and Marion's theme from Raiders (yes, twenty-seven years later ;)).

For the original soundtrack release, anyway. Williams later expanded on "Parade of the Slave Children" from Temple of Doom, "Scherzo for Motorcycle and Orchestra" from Last Crusade and Marion's theme from Raiders (yes, twenty-seven years later ;)).

Sorry -- I rephrased something and accidentally erased my point that KOTCS was the first score where Williams arranged and recorded special concert versions FOR THE ORIGINAL ALBUM. His collected concert arrangements will be on a "bonus disc". ;)

So just because I'm bored and feel like stirring up trouble...

Isn't the edit at the end of "Washington Ending & Raiders March," going from Marion's theme to the Raiders theme, kind of jarring compared to previous releases?

Now with track times....

CD 1: RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK - EXPANDED EDITION

01. John Williams - In the Jungle (04:11)

02. John Williams - The Idol Temple (03:54)

03. John Williams - Escape from the Temple (01:31)

04. John Williams - Flight From Peru (02:21)

05. John Williams - Washington Men/Indy's Home (01:03)

06. John Williams - A Thought for Marion/To Nepal (02:10)

07. John Williams - The Medallion (02:52)

08. John Williams - Flight to Cairo (01:28)

09. John Williams - The Basket Game (05:01)

10. John Williams - Bad Dates (01:11)

11. John Williams - The Map Room: Dawn (03:49)

12. John Williams - Reunion in the Tent/Searching for the Well (03:59)

13. John Williams - The Well of the Souls (05:26)

14. John Williams - Indy Rides the Statue (01:07)

15. John Williams - The Fist Fight/The Flying Wing (04:34)

16. John Williams - Desert Chase (07:31)

17. John Williams - Marion's Theme/The Crate (02:07)

18. John Williams - The German Sub (01:21)

19. John Williams - Ride to the Nazi Hideout (03:17)

20. John Williams - Indy Follows the Ark (01:38)

21. John Williams - The Miracle of the Ark (06:05)

22. John Williams - Washington Ending & Raiders March (06:51)

ca. 73 Min.

CD 2: INDIANA JONES AND THE TEMPLE OF DOOM - EXPANDED EDITION

01. John Williams - Anything Goes (02:49)

02. John Williams - Indy Negotiates (03:58)

03. John Williams - The Nightclub Brawl (02:30)

04. John Williams - Fast Streets of Shanghai (03:39)

05. John Williams - Map/Out of Fuel (03:21)

06. John Williams - Slalom on Mt. Humol (02:23)

07. John Williams - Short Round's Theme (02:28)

08. John Williams - The Scroll/To Pankot Palace (04:24)

09. John Williams - Nocturnal Activities (05:53)

10. John Williams - Bug Tunnel/Death Trap (03:28)

11. John Williams - Approaching the Stones (02:38)

12. John Williams - Children in Chains (02:41)

13. John Williams - The Temple of Doom (02:58)

14. John Williams - Short Round Escapes (02:20)

15. John Williams - Saving Willie (03:34)

16. John Williams - Slave Children's Crusade (03:22)

17. John Williams - Short Round Helps (04:49)

18. John Williams - The Mine Car Chase (03:40)

19. John Williams - Water! (01:55)

20. John Williams - The Sword Trick (01:03)

21. John Williams - The Broken Bridge/British Relief (04:46)

22. John Williams - End Credits (06:19)

ca. 75 Min.

CD 3: INDIANA JONES AND THE LAST CRUSADE - EXPANDED EDITION

01. John Williams - Indy's Very First Adventure (12:00)

02. John Williams - The Boat Scene (02:21)

03. John Williams - X Marks the Spot (03:11)

04. John Williams - Ah, Rats!!! (03:40)

05. John Williams - Escape from Venice (04:22)

06. John Williams - Journey to Austria (00:38)

07. John Williams - Father and Son Reunited (01:48)

08. John Williams - The Austrian Way (02:39)

09. John Williams - Scherzo for Motorcycle and Orchestra (03:52)

10. John Williams - Alarm! (03:05)

11. John Williams - No Ticket (02:44)

12. John Williams - Keeping Up With the Joneses (03:36)

13. John Williams - Brother of the Cruciform Sword (01:56)

14. John Williams - On the Tank (03:37)

15. John Williams - Belly of the Steel Beast (05:28)

16. John Williams - The Canyon of the Crescent Moon (04:17)

17. John Williams - The Penitent Man Will Pass (03:23)

18. John Williams - The Keeper of the Grail (03:23)

19. John Williams - Finale & End Credits (10:37)

ca. 77 Min.

CD 4: INDIANA JONES AND THE KINGDOM OF THE CRYSTAL SKULL - ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK

01. John Williams - Raiders March (05:06)

02. John Williams - Call of the Crystal (03:49)

03. John Williams - The Adventures of Mutt (03:12)

04. John Williams - Irina's Theme (02:26)

05. John Williams - The Snake Pit (03:15)

06. John Williams - The Spell of the Skull (04:24)

07. John Williams - The Journey to Akator (03:07)

08. John Williams - A Whirl Through Academe (03:34)

09. John Williams - "Return" (03:12)

10. John Williams - The Jungle Chase (04:23)

11. John Williams - Orellana's Cradle (04:22)

12. John Williams - Grave Robbers (02:29)

13. John Williams - Hidden Treasure and the City of Gold (05:14)

14. John Williams - Secret Doors and Scorpions (02:17)

15. John Williams - Oxley's Dilemma (04:46)

16. John Williams - Ants! (04:14)

17. John Williams - Temple Ruins and the Secret Revealed (05:51)

18. John Williams - The Departure (02:27)

19. John Williams - Finale (09:20)

ca. 77 Min.

CD 5: INTERVIEWS AND MORE MUSIC FROM INDIANA JONES

1. John Williams - Raiders March (02:28)

2. John Williams - Interviews with John Williams, Steven Spielberg and George Lucas (17:56)

3. John Williams - Uncovering the Ark (05:30)

4. John Williams - Indy and the Villagers (03:51)

5. John Williams - The Secret Passage (03:28)

6. John Williams - Father's Study (02:25)

7. John Williams - Marcus Is Captured/To Berlin (01:53)

8. John Williams - To the Blimp (02:01)

9. John Williams - The Blimp Turns Around (01:27)

10. John Williams - Death of Kazim (02:24)

11. John Williams - Wrong Choice, Right Choice (04:34)

12. John Williams - Return to the Village/Raiders March (03:26)

Music ca. 34 Min. + Interviews ca. 18 Min. = 52 Min.

http://www.exlibris.ch/musik.aspx?status=d...00&t_na=pho

If true, then it looks like "The Basket Game" is the complete version, whereas "Desert Chase" is not. That's strange. Plus, the bonus ToD Finale on Disc 5 must only be the intro. Can it be inserted before the standard End Credits track of the ToD disc?

Even so, I still want to know where these came from. They've also been posted on Filmtracks.

Few conclusions from these track times:

On Raiders disc it is odd that Basket Game is complete and Desert Chase is not.

Plus the Discovery of the Ark seems to cut short 30 seconds compared to the LP track length.

Indy Rides the Statue is only 1:07 long? Is this not the Mummy Cave but the actual cue?

Judging from the track times The Father and Son Reunited is not infact the scene with Indy and Dad but the music preceding it with Indy sneaking around in the castle.

Ok,if these are accurate:

Short Round Helps = Complete Underground Heroics .

Indy and the Villagers = at least a few cues from the village scene (deleted some files so I can't calculate .Shaiman Speaks/Dying Child Returns/Fortune and Glory?)

Father's Study = Ransacked House ONLY, Package from Dad and Inscription on the Rock remain unreleased

Return to the Village/Raiders March :uh oh...what does that mean ?? Indy is Alive better be in there .Well we got something to worry about here

Guest seventiesfilmnut

God is there NO END to the moaning that goes on in this place?!? You people LOOK for faults - can't you just enjoy what you have? We've already had one leaked soundtrack which turned out to not be an accurate representation of the proper product, perhaps the same is/will be true of these track times... Even if not, look what we HAVE got!

Wasn't here for very long, but the constant need to nit-pick has just gotten to me in this place. Cancelling my account and off to enjoy some music.... remember what that feels like?!?

- John

I was thinking Return to the Village/Raiders March is from Indy is Alive to just before it cuts off to Slave Children's Crusade in the End Credits...anyone can calculate?

Wasn't here for very long, but the constant need to nit-pick has just gotten to me in this place. Cancelling my account and off to enjoy some music.... remember what that feels like?!

and you are?

Yeah, that one confuses me. I don't know where the cutoff point would be, but it seems like it might be before the Raiders March/Short Round's Theme moment... ;)

Williams may have recorded this stuff in chunks.

Since i'm no database on Indiana-Jones music, can someone tell me if this big ecclesiastical horn moment when Indy sees the the Jesus picture on the wall at Julian Glover's apartment in 'Indy III' is on there? As far as i can recall, this popped up several times throughout the movie, did any version of this make it?

Since we still haven't seen a source for these track times, we would do wise to consider them unconfirmed and subject to change.

Source is on the bottom of the post, man...

Since we still haven't seen a source for these track times, we would do wise to consider them unconfirmed and subject to change.

Marc look at publicist's post again. He posted the link to the website for the track times. So here for the second time:

Link for the track time source

But I will want a second opinion on the track times before jumping to panicky conclusions about anything.

ex-libris would need bootlegs to make up these track times,so it's official enough for me .At least it's not a fan's internet blog /soundtrack "store" like when we first got the number of disks

Since i'm no database on Indiana-Jones music, can someone tell me if this big ecclesiastical horn moment when Indy sees the the Jesus picture on the wall at Julian Glover's apartment in 'Indy III' is on there? As far as i can recall, this popped up several times throughout the movie, did any version of this make it?

I think that's in Father's Study

Source is on the bottom of the post, man...

My apologies. I didn't think it was there the first time I read it.

It wasn't. The source has been edited in.

I'm not too fussed about anything here, except the confusing ToD Finale. It'll be alright if the cut point is able to segue into the original End Credits, but otherwise I don't know where it could be cut.

Plus the Discovery of the Ark seems to cut short 30 seconds compared to the LP track length.

That would indicate that the music when Marion is thrown into the Well is not included.

Neil

Annoying conclusions from my end (if these are correct times):

Marcus is Captured/To Berlin does in fact have the truck scene and the "that's for blasphemy" moment, not just the former.

Packet from Dad and Legend of the Holy Grail aren't on it but I wasn't expecting that anyway.

Father and Son Reunited is the sneaking music, not the wonderful cue following that - very disappointed in that.

That's 3 bootleg cues I'm definitely keeping if all this is true.

I don't trust those track times at all... the leaked Raiders was nearly 76 min, and the official is just 73???

"Indy Rides the Statue" is shorter??? So not only I'll have to keep my DCC version, but the leaked version as well???

Yeah, right! ;)

There's clearly something wrong, at least in Raiders track timings: the "Desert Chase" duration on the original album was 7:42, not 7:31. So, unless they have cut another ten seconds for this release, I guess "Desert Chase" will be the complete unedited version.

As for Temple and Crusade, everything seems to confirm our speculations. The only thing that sounds strange is the short duration of "Return to the Village", but maybe they reported the wrong duration also there.

These track timings look right for the most part, but probably there's some error here and there ("Desert Chase" being the first)

I am afraid you are being too optimistic:track times seem ok for so many tracks, so we can hope some mistake but it is unlikely.

And we find that there is space for 25 more minutes of music!

edit:But there is something wrong with the price!!!!9.90 CHF= 6.80€ !!!! that is about 8.00 $!!!Run buy the set there!!!!!