Indiana Jones: The Soundtracks Collection (official Thread)

Mr. Breathmask

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ein long time ago we treid to make ze niederländisch more efficient und grundlich.

All ze trains were perfektly puctual when we were there.

Ja hoffe ich, dass ich meinen Kastensatz schnell erhalte. Ich wünsche, dass ich solche große Musik als Herr William zusammensetzen könnte.

Ach, wie ich wünsche, dass Herr Spielberg mich die Musik für Indiana Jones würde schreiben lassen.

Back to the topic at hand....

So I re-listened to the TOD stuff that won't be on the Concord set again last night, and I changed my mind about the temple chanting :)

The first one, the 7 minute long one, has plenty of unique stuff in it that makes it different enough from the music we know from the album to make me now think of it as its own cue.

And the second one, actually IS the album cue more or less... a few small differences, and it cuts off early... but its almost the same.... and the Concord placement of the track right before "Short Round Escapes" just helps confirm this.

And the third one, actually had a score cue mixed in with it I missed the other other day, so I'm treating it like another cue now too...

Yeah the album version is heard during Willie's attempted sacrifice. Although it's possible Williams combined elements from both scenes for the album version.

It doesn't look like we're going to get any of the bridge percussion though. Shame because it covers an important part of the film.

Clean game rips (Battlefront 2,TFU for SW Prequel music ):Yes

Game rips with rumbling background sound effects (Lego Indiana Jones) : No

Rear channel DVD rips :No

What kind of audio gear are you listening with Jason?

Ja hoffe ich, dass ich meinen Kastensatz schnell erhalte. Ich wünsche, dass ich solche große Musik als Herr William zusammensetzen könnte.

Ach, wie ich wünsche, dass Herr Spielberg mich die Musik für Indiana Jones würde schreiben lassen.

According to Babel Fish: "I hope that I mean box set keep fast. I wish that I could build such large music up as a Mr. William. Oh, how I wish that Mr. Spielberg would let me write the music for Indiana Jones. "

Interesting.

rear channel DVD rips :No

Some rear channel rips are 100% sound effect free, though

Yet even if they're free of sound effects you're not getting the full musical spectrum because the music is mixed in surround over all six channels. And the music mix for ToD sounds very aged, anyway...

Simply put, DVD rips usually sound awful. They're cool to listen to for reference, but that's it.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/mpd/permalink/m3K1PPU64ASJCE

fast forward to 2:20, rest looks to be from a DVD featurette. There's a pic of the back cover of disc 5 in there:

backdisc5.jpg

there is never before seen footage of Williams swinging his baton in the rec. booth at 1:47 for anyone interested bowdown

Uh, the asterisk is there... it's next to the number. Track 12 is new music, guys, whatever that is. I'm guessing it will include Short Round's counterpoint, missing the entire middle section and ending with the Raiders theme.

Have faith.

Uh, the asterisk is there... it's next to the number. Track 12 is new music, guys, whatever that is. I'm guessing it will include Short Round's counterpoint, missing the entire middle section and ending with the Raiders theme.

Have faith.

We already figured out exactly what's in that track many many pages ago

I find it more interesting that "Uncovering The Ark" has one asterisk next to it, instead of the previously-unreleased-on-CD bit. Unless that's a typo.

Forgive me if that's been mentioned. I've only just got the net back, as well as fathering a son, so I've been finding it tricky to completely catch up.

It's only 3:26.

I worked at a radio station for ten years and saw countless CDs where the track times listed didn't match what was on the CD. We even had a way of typing in the catalog number into the computer and the track times provided by the labels were automatically fed into the station's system-- and there were errors there, too. Until somebody physically gets their hands on the set, I won't put total faith in any information presented.

Yes, I am enthused about this set, but I ain't devouring every little morsel of data as fact. Go ahead and call me Doubting Thomas. (And, yes, Nick Parker, Doubting Thomas is from before your time. bowdown )

Forgive me if that's been mentioned. I've only just got the net back, as well as fathering a son, so I've been finding it tricky to completely catch up.

You have no excuse!

Kastensatz. Brilliant!

I remember back in 2001 when I was pretty dissapointed about not having any celebration on the occasion of "Raiders 20th Anniversary" in terms of sountracks or video releases, and even more dissapointed about "Star Wars 30th Anniversary" by the release of the exact same soundtrack for the third time. Since Mr. Lucas is apparently taking a master's degree in the art of disappointing his fans, I'm not so sure about a "Raiders 30th Anniversary".

Unless it follows the same hiatus between the Star Wars Anthology and the Special Editions, this box-set is all we will have for a very, very long time...

Ein long time ago we treid to make ze niederländisch more efficient und grundlich.

All ze trains were perfektly puctual when we were there.

How's it going Hansy?

Unless it follows the same hiatus between the Star Wars Anthology and the Special Editions, this box-set is all we will have for a very, very long time...

Really, that wouldn't be so bad.

I would obviously prefer complete releases, but I can definetly live with this upcoming release.

A few months ago this box set would be straight re-issues ,no unreleased music

Only for those who lacked faith that this might be possible.

I was hopeful when unreleased music showed up in the FSM podcast and Lego game but Ricard kind of dashed our hopes in reporting there would be no unreleased music .That's when I lost faith

How's it going Hansy?

bowdown

That's what I refer to him as when I talk to my friend when he says Hans is the best composer out there, even better than Williams. As you can see, he is very misguided.

It doesn't seem like the posted picture would be the back cover to disc 5 when they said there would be audio interviews. Or am I missing some integral information?

Really, that wouldn't be so bad.

I would obviously prefer complete releases, but I can definetly live with this upcoming release.

Agreed. I can understand the aggravation over the unreleased material to a point, but I think more should be thankful for the stuff we do have.

How's it going Hansy?

That's what I refer to him as when I talk to my friend

It's catching on, good... good...

Just like a venereal disease.

Boy, this thread can fill up a Tom-Clancy sized novel.

I worked at a radio station for ten years and saw countless CDs where the track times listed didn't match what was on the CD. We even had a way of typing in the catalog number into the computer and the track times provided by the labels were automatically fed into the station's system-- and there were errors there, too. Until somebody physically gets their hands on the set, I won't put total faith in any information presented.

Yes, I am enthused about this set, but I ain't devouring every little morsel of data as fact. Go ahead and call me Doubting Thomas. (And, yes, Nick Parker, Doubting Thomas is from before your time. :huh: )

To Google.com, I go!

EDIT: I think that term is before everyone's times....

This is true, of course, but track time listings rarely vary by more than five seconds or so. To get everything we need from the ToD finale the listed track time would have to be off by an entire minute.

one of the shames about 'papa jones is shot' not being released is that it contains the actual 'the penitent man will pass' cue, making it the only test not released ( and the only cue from the last part of the movie (from tank chase) not released)

(And, yes, Nick Parker, Doubting Thomas is from before your time. :huh: )

To Google.com, I go!

EDIT: I think that term is before everyone's times....

"Never been much of a Doubting Thomas, but nothing breaks like a broken promise..."