Indiana Jones: The Soundtracks Collection (official Thread)

Mr. Breathmask

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's like when the Blue Box came out, people said they were getting rid of their Rhino editions, which was silly because the Rhino was a good presentation, and actually sounds better than the FSM release in some parts, especially "The Helicopter Rescue".

The FSM sounds *worse*!? I thought the only point in their release was that they had access to the original masters and could actually produce something that's listenable?

Yes, and it's apparent that they employed some very unnecessary noise reduction, which filtered out important details in the music. When I first heard it, I remember being disappointed that it didn't sound quite as good as the DVD isolated score.

it sounds fine,your the only one saying that.Maybe your audio gear is crap.

exactly!

Anyone noticed this release has another thing in common with the anthology?

Cues are sepparated.

When we get the complete scores they will be united.

EDIT: The guy from intrada literally evaded on comenting what cue is Father and son reunited. I found that suspicious. So far he has only confirmed things that were 99% confirmed. How can anyone not know if it would be one cue or the other? Why did he got an advance copy if he does not know last crusade well?? And the guy really takes his time to give one line aswers for small direct questions.

He also hasnt said anything about TOD End credits that must be the thing most people are craving for.

The guy only has 19 posts, Is he some important person at intrada or not?

If you or KM had bothered to read the thread you would see he works at Intrada. I swear some of you are so damn paranoid it's ridiculous.

What's the deal with people announcing that they're going to give up their old copies of OSTs once a new expanded release comes out? It's like when the Blue Box came out, people said they were getting rid of their Rhino editions, which was silly because the Rhino was a good presentation, and actually sounds better than the FSM release in some parts, especially "The Helicopter Rescue".

Previous editions, even if they're not as complete, make good collector's items and are important if you're a fan of the movie or the franchise.

Indeed, I never understood why people give up previous versions of a score once a better/expanded edition comes out. Personally I keep all my versions of scores, even if a newer more better expanded version of the score comes out.

There's no reason to keep another version unless it's a specially recorded album version, like Jaws or E.T.

I gave my Rhino Superman set to my nephew.

What's the deal with people announcing that they're going to give up their old copies of OSTs once a new expanded release comes out? It's like when the Blue Box came out, people said they were getting rid of their Rhino editions, which was silly because the Rhino was a good presentation, and actually sounds better than the FSM release in some parts, especially "The Helicopter Rescue".

Previous editions, even if they're not as complete, make good collector's items and are important if you're a fan of the movie or the franchise.

I'm sorry but the helicopter sequence on the FSM box is much improved over Rhino.

While there are some sound issues there's nothing really wrong with the Rhino. If the blue box had never been released I would have been perfectly happy if this was the only version to be released.

exactly!

Anyone noticed this release has another thing in common with the anthology?

Cues are sepparated.

When we get the complete scores they will be united.

EDIT: The guy from intrada literally evaded on comenting what cue is Father and son reunited. I found that suspicious. So far he has only confirmed things that were 99% confirmed. How can anyone not know if it would be one cue or the other? Why did he got an advance copy if he does not know last crusade well?? And the guy really takes his time to give one line aswers for small direct questions.

He also hasnt said anything about TOD End credits that must be the thing most people are craving for.

The guy only has 19 posts, Is he some important person at intrada or not?

If you or KM had bothered to read the thread you would see he works at Intrada. I swear some of you are so damn paranoid it's ridiculous.

I read all the posts, but that splipped my eyes. I must have paid attention only to the interesting posts with information

That's why I asked twice if he was from intrada or not.

BTW, his responses are very vague, and working in the soundtrack bussiness he should have known what people really wanted to know (TOD end credits)

PS: My definition of Ridiculous is wanting 'Belly of the Steel beast film edit' :blink:

ANd don't swear too much, God could get angry.

PS: My definition of Ridiculous is wanting 'Belly of the Steel beast film edit' :o

ANd don't swear too much, God could get angry.

:blink: No religious discussion.

;)

I've known this ever since I joined up...

I suppose you are warming up to thanksgiving

On a side note:

Yes, the "End Credits" on Disc 2 are the same as the album.

-- Jeff

As far as I can tell, the cue just after that where Indy and Henry talk about the Grail Knight tomb is not included in this set.

darth_vader_nooo.jpeg

That's the point. AGAIN. :lol:

I just cant wait for the OT CGIed editions are made so the complete scores are released. :P

And what if there had not been a DCC raiders?

28 years waiting and they cannot add 30 seconds to desert chase...

They still havent added 10 seconds to 'The idol's temple'...

On a side note:

-- Jeff

As far as I can tell, the cue just after that where Indy and Henry talk about the Grail Knight tomb is not included in this set.

darth_vader_nooo.jpeg

Wait, where did you find these statements? I cannot find them on the website.

Eh, it's an insert, not part of the original piece. The exclusion is understandable. Same deal with the "Ewok Battle" insert from Return of the Jedi.

On a side note:

-- Jeff

Wait, where did you find these statements? I cannot find them on the website.

on page 2 of the thread linked some posts ago.

click

I still need to know one thing confirmed.

Can someone ask at Intrada where is "Indy is Alive"? (music as he climbs back from the broken bridge just before Return to the Village) .Is it at the end of British Relief?

Eh, it's an insert, not part of the original piece. The exclusion is understandable. Same deal with the "Ewok Battle" insert from Return of the Jedi.

oh well, seen with that POW...

But well, rembmer the Schindler's list insert in I could have done more?

It was made to include it...

but yes if it is an insert it is not that important. I always assumed it was one of the microedits and they had saved the cut part and that where the cue in the boot came from.

So it's an 'analogic' way of looping, make the composer compose the loop...

oh well, seen with that POW...

But well, rembmer the Schindler's list insert in I could have done more?

It was made to include it...

The original "I Could Have Saved More" was certainly not meant to include the insert. It was composed as a replacement. In any case, at over two minutes it's a much more substantial insert than the six seconds of "Escape from the Temple."

If I recall correctly, there is a short section of "In the Idol's Temple" that utilized some music from "Airplane Fight". Assuming my memory of the film is accurate, is that this "insert" that we are speaking of?

I still need to know one thing confirmed.

Can someone ask at Intrada where is "Indy is Alive"? (music as he climbs back from the broken bridge just before Return to the Village) .Is it at the end of British Relief?

It must be at the end of British Relief. Track times pretty much confirm that.

If I recall correctly, there is a short section of "In the Idol's Temple" that utilized some music from "Airplane Fight". Assuming my memory of the film is accurate, is that this "insert" that we are speaking of?

No its just a 6 second snare drums that expand the part when indy runs out the darts room.

Oh. Thank you. I am correct about "Airplane Fight" being used in that piece, though, right?

I know that indy rides tha statue and this cue have a motif in comon but i dont remember at the moment anything from airplane.

I guess I'll have to use those twenty seconds from the RPO's album after all... Unless anyone knows of any better rerecordings?

I had thought of doing that...if i owned that cue...

Oh. Thank you. I am correct about "Airplane Fight" being used in that piece, though, right?

I think you are referring to Indy's theme (from Airplane Fight I think) being tracked into "Riding the Statue"

I guess I'll have to use those twenty seconds from the RPO's album after all... Unless anyone knows of any better rerecordings?

You know I was fiddling around and you can actually edit the first 15 seconds of the RPO performance with the DVD rip. At least to the point where I can't notice the edit in question...the pitch and tempo seems identical to the Williams recorded End Credits. Maybe it still needs tweaking but I think we are saved.

Splendid. I'm going to wait myself until I can add it to the Return to the Village track.

(Anyone interested in the original file from the Filmharmonic II CD can pm me, though I very much recommend buying the whole CD, it's a very nice compilation.)

Take a break from the board for 2 hours and watch the movie and you'll stop being confused.

Neil

Yes please.

well,I tried to register to ask my question but their stupid board says I have to be "approved" before I log in .

Well Intrada's board has precautions in place to avoid some of the recent problems that plagued this board.