Indiana Jones: The Soundtracks Collection (official Thread)

Mr. Breathmask

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^The 666th reply to this thread!

Not true, we've had way more than that. Neil or one of the other moderators deleted all the posts about Thanksgiving and other holidays for some reason.

I'm surprised there's still so much confusion about the Indy Rides the Statue stuff......

The first cue composed was called "8m3 Escaping The Pit". This is the cue used in Neil's video, and this music is NOT included in the Concord set AT ALL. This cue was on the original 2CD Raiders bootleg from back in the day as "The Mummy Cave" (disc 1, track 16).

Then, probably to make the scene more exciting, Williams recorded a new cue called "8m3 Fix" that utilized the same motif from "1m2 The Cave" (aka "The Idol's Temple" / "In The Idol's Temple") to replace the music in the first half of the scene. Actually - he recorded 2 versions. One version that runs 1:02 (On the 2cd bootleg as "Through The Wall", disc 1 track 15), and a version that runs 0:42 (on the second disc of the bootleg as "Through The Wall (Alternate)").

In the final film, they took part of 8m3 Fix (the one that will be on the Concord set), part of "Airplane Fight" (Indy's Theme as the statue falls over), and finished up with the original 8m3 ("Escaping The Pit") for the rest of the scene.

The new Concord set will have one of the two "8m3 Fix"s (the longer one that was also used in the film), while the "leak" that hit the internet last month contained the original 8m3 ("Escaping The Pit" aka "The Mummy Cave") in its place.

You can view this Google Spreadsheet I made to see all the Raiders slate numbers w/ Williams cue names, and see all the music that will and won't be in the Concord set:

link

EDIT: Guess I was typing my reply as Valentine was typing his. However, his was partially incorrect and my reply is (I believe) correct

So we end up having Raiders complete even if it's from various sources .Great .

I hope the remaining unreleased ToD and LC tracks get leaked in good sound in a bootleg as well .With all the people having access to the music there is a better chance.

The original 100 page was deleted because Marc (Breathmask) posted saying the board generally has loading issues when threads reach over 100 pages long.

No, the original thread is still here (just locked). This thread ("Part II" if you will) had a bunch of posts that were about the holidays deleted. Maybe I will post them to "Other Topics" so we can continue the discussion.

So we end up having Raiders complete even if it's from various sources .Great .

We've had the complete Raiders ever since that old bootleg came out, mark. All the Concord set is doing is giving some of the tracks that weren't on the DCC in better quality than the bootleg.

We still only have the "The Cave" insert and the "Fix" alternate in crappy bootleg quality. At least we got "Escaping The Pit" in the fake leak (and "Marion Into The Pit" in a multitude of places).

I hope the remaining unreleased ToD and LC tracks get leaked in good sound in a bootleg as well .With all the people having access to the music there is a better chance.

I doubt we will ever get the missing 10 seconds from "Fast Streets Of Shanghai" or the missing 45 seconds of "X Marks The Spot" until the eventual future 2CD editions.

Very good Summary Jason - thanks for clarifying my (mis)conceptions.

So there are a total of THREE cues that have to do with Indy riding the statue. The longest one was available on the leak, another one will be on the concord set, and the shortest one remains exclusive to the crappy boot.

Is there a high quality version of "Marion Into The Well" on the leak as well - or are we limited to LP rips for that?

Besides that, as you said, it's just the shorter alternate "though the wall", and the insert for "Idol's Temple" that are missing in high quality.

A question on ordering in Amazon.

I pre order this indy set in Amazon and "The Dark Knight 2CD set" as well and combined the two orders. May I ask will they ship the two items separately or ship them both together (until the later release item released)? If they ship separately, will they charge my Visa at once or twice (once for one item separately)?

So there are a total of THREE cues that have to do with Indy riding the statue. The longest one was available on the leak, another one will be on the concord set, and the shortest one remains exclusive to the crappy boot.

Right! And the shortest one wasn't even used in the film anyway. (And is very similar to the one that was)

Is there a high quality version of "Marion Into The Well" on the leak as well - or are we limited to LP rips for that?

Besides that, as you said, it's just the shorter alternate "though the wall", and the insert for "Idol's Temple" that are missing in high quality.

You could get "Marion Into The Pit" from....

1> The actual 1995 DCC LP, or a rip someone here on the board makes for you

2> the old bootleg from back in the day, in which the track in question was taken from the LP anyway.

Right! And the shortest one wasn't even used in the film anyway. (And is very similar to the one that was)

You could get "Marion Into The Pit" from....

1> The actual 1995 DCC LP, or a rip someone here on the board makes for you

2> the old bootleg from back in the day, which itself was taken from the LP

3> the "fake leak", which I believe has the same bass problems as every other track in the fake leak... and we still don't know exactly the source of any music on this "leak".

The clarity you've provided me is immeasurable. Thank you! :D

Now, when the Concord set comes out, we all need to collect the highest quality versions of:

• Marion Into The Pit

• Desert Chase (Full Version)

• Escape From The Pit ( The Mummy Cave )

Everything else from Raiders is either on the Concord set, or unavailable outside the crappy boot.

We, as John Williams' fans and listeners, of course want every single note released, especially of scores like these ones. But I think this release has been made with a wider audience in mind, not just John Williams/film music fans. I'm so happy I'll finally have so much music available to enjoy.

I see. So from a marketing standpoint, the wider audience is predicted to prefer a shorter "Desert Chase"?

We, as John Williams' fans and listeners, of course want every single note released, especially of scores like these ones. But I think this release has been made with a wider audience in mind, not just John Williams/film music fans. I'm so happy I'll finally have so much music available to enjoy.

I see. So from a marketing standpoint, the wider audience is predicted to prefer a shorter "Desert Chase"?

OH MY GOD

I pre order this indy set in Amazon and "The Dark Knight 2CD set" as well and combined the two orders. May I ask will they ship the two items separately or ship them both together (until the later release item released)? If they ship separately, will they charge my Visa at once or twice (once for one item separately)?

I am not entirely sure how they charge a Vista card ( that is my mother's business), but I can say from experience that they ship separately.

EDIT: (Hey, QuestionMarkMan, I see you are listening to "Fable". Good stuff.)

Amazon charges on shipment. On more than one occasion I've had orders broken up and I have been charged when the items shipped. I currently have an order of four or five items and while I asked for Amazon to bunch the order (and get free shipping), when I check on the order, it is schedule to ship each item indivually.

Honestly I don't give a damn about the Indiana Jones music that much to want every single piece of music there is from the films. So this box set for me will be just fine. Of course, I'll be following Henry's instructions and putting the scores in film order before I put them on my iPod.

Although more music could've been included, they actually chose the best portions, IMHO, of two tracks in disc 5 we thought could possibly be a composite of several tracks: Father's Study from TLC (which would have included Packet from Dad, Inscription on the Rock and Father's Study itself) and Indy and the Villagers (including the tracks The Starving Village, A Plea for Help, The Kid who returns from the Palace and Fortune and Glory).

At least we got the most interesting tracks out of those examples. Father's Study contains some of the most mystical renditions of the Grail Theme and Indy and the Villagers provides us with the first statements of both the Sankara theme and the Slave Children's Crusade theme. I can perfectly live with these choices and TLC and TOD are now more than well represented on cd. I just can't wait to hear the new tracks in great sound. I'm not the least worried about what tracks I won't have in this set.

I am not entirely sure how they charge a Vista card ( that is my mother's business), but I can say from experience that they ship separately.

Amazon charges on shipment. On more than one occasion I've had orders broken up and I have been charged when the items shipped. I currently have an order of four or five items and while I asked for Amazon to bunch the order (and get free shipping), when I check on the order, it is schedule to ship each item indivually.

Thanks for the information.

In this case I have a further question. As I live in Hong Kong, if I place two orders separately it cost $8.99 for each shipping, but if I combine two orders together, it cost totally $12.97. Yet if they ship separately, would they charge shipping fee for $8.99 each? Or remain $12.97 totally?

About this set, as I didn't have the first and second OST, I will be glad enough to have them (even expanded!) as well as a expanded LC plus plenty of bonus tracks. I will also hope that the good selling of this set will make someone, no matter who, decide to release a 2CD complete for each film.

I think some of you are taking Williams' involvement in this release a bit too far. I'm sure he was sent an outline of the boxset and that maybe he gave some little input in it and finally gave his stamp of approval, but in the end all the creative decisions (a term a lot of people here doesn't like, I know) were very likely solely taken by Bouzereau and his team.

On the contrary it is not Williams' involvement that I am questioning, but Bouzereau's. In the past the decisions on the content of the albums he's been involved with - all of which have been done in conjunction with DVD/LD projects - were made by Shawn Murphy and approved by Williams. I really doubt that Bouzereau made any creative decisions or worked on the music himself at all, and I see no indication of a 'team.' I say bring on the JWFan interview to enlighten us.

Although more music could've been included, they actually chose the best portions, IMHO, of two tracks in disc 5 we thought could possibly be a composite of several tracks: Father's Study from TLC (which would have included Packet from Dad, Inscription on the Rock and Father's Study itself) and Indy and the Villagers (including the tracks The Starving Village, A Plea for Help, The Kid who returns from the Palace and Fortune and Glory).

At least we got the most interesting tracks out of those examples. Father's Study contains some of the most mystical renditions of the Grail Theme and Indy and the Villagers provides us with the first statements of both the Sankara theme and the Slave Children's Crusade theme. I can perfectly live with these choices and TLC and TOD are now more than well represented on cd. I just can't wait to hear the new tracks in great sound. I'm not the least worried about what tracks I won't have in this set.

And I became even more appreciative of this Box Set after seeing Jason LeBlanc's list. Though I realized that there would be a lot of music included in this Box Set, it really helps to see that information augmented by statistics.

EDIT: And to answer your question, ManofDestiny, I do believe that the shipping would still cost $12.97.

In this case I have a further question. As I live in Hong Kong, if I place two orders separately it cost $8.99 for each shipping, but if I combine two orders together, it cost totally $12.97. Yet if they ship separately, would they charge shipping fee for $8.99 each? Or remain $12.97 totally?

About this set, as I didn't have the first and second OST, I will be glad enough to have them (even expanded!) as well as a expanded LC plus plenty of bonus tracks. I will also hope that the good selling of this set will make someone, no matter who, decide to release a 2CD complete for each film.

I think if you choose to ship the items together, they will ship both Indy and The Dark Knight on December 9th. Then you'll pay the $12.97. However, if each one ships separately, I think you will be charged the $8.99 for each, since they will not be in the same box.

Hey gang,

Thanks to the new information from Jeff @ Intrada, and a re-analysis of the music heard in the film (including fixing a couple of small mistakes), I've updated the TOD page of my spreadsheet (link), and also put together a final list of all the music heard in the film and where it can or can't be heard in the Concord set:

0:00:03-0:02:49 (2:46) Anything Goes (2:49 on Concord)

0:02:50-0:03:02 (0:12) Shanghai, 1935 (not on Concord!)

0:04:16-0:08:12 (3:56) Indy Negotiates (3:59 on Concord)

0:08:12-0:10:35 (2:23) The Nightclub Brawl (2:32 on Concord)

0:10:35-0:14:18 (3:43) Fast Streets Of Shanghai (3:39 on Concord, which omits 10 seconds of music at 0:46 heard in the film from 11:26-11:36!)

0:14:18-0:17:42 (3:24) Map / Out Of Fuel (3:22 on Concord)

0:17:42-0:19:57 (2:15) Slalom On Mt Humol (2:24 on Concord)

0:19:57-0:21:09 (1:12) The Starving Village (not on Concord!)

0:22:47-0:26:25 (3:48) Indy and the Villagers (3:54 on Concord)

0:26:25-0:28:42 (2:17) A Child Returns / Fortune And Glory (not on Concord!)

0:28:42-0:31:09 (2:27) Short Round's Theme (2:29 on Concord)

0:33:57-0:38:12 (4:15) The Scroll / To Pankot Palace (4:26 on Concord)

0:40:43-0:41:18 (0:35) The Maharajah (not on Concord!)

0:42:07-0:42:26 (0:19) Snake Surprise (not on Concord!)

0:42:42-0:42:47 (0:05) Eels (not on Concord!)

0:43:20-0:43:36 (0:16) Bugs (not on Concord!)

0:44:36-0:44:40 (0:04) Soup (not on Concord!)

0:46:00-0:46:11 (0:11) Desert (not on Concord!)

0:46:17-0:46:25 (0:08) Chilled Monkey Brains (not on Concord!)

0:47:17-0:53:09 (5:52) Nocturnal Activities (5:54 on Concord)

0:53:09-0:56:35 (3:26) The Secret Passage (3:31 on Concord)

0:56:35-1:00:00 (3:25) Bug Tunnel and Death Trap (3:31 on Concord)

1:00:00-1:07:01 (7:01) The Altar Of Kali (not on Concord!)

1:07:01-1:09:34 (2:33) Approaching The Stones (2:39 on Concord)

1:09:34-1:12:01 (2:27) Children In Chains (2:42 on Concord)

1:12:01-1:17:36 (5:35) A True Believer (not on Concord!)

1:17:36-1:20:15 (2:39) The Temple Of Doom (2:58 on Concord, which includes music not heard in film)

1:20:15-1:22:31 (2:16) Short Round Escapes (2:22 on Concord)

1:22:31-1:24:06 (1:35) Willie's Sacrifice (not on Concord!)

1:24:06-1:27:32 (3:26) Saving Willie (3:35 on Concord)

1:27:32-1:30:48 (3:16) Slave Children's Crusade (3:23 on Concord)

1:30:48-1:35:33 (4:45) Short Round Helps (4:49 on Concord)

1:37:21-1:40:36 (3:15) The Mine Car Chase (3:41 on Concord, which includes music not heard in film)

1:40:42-1:42:20 (1:38) Water! (1:55 on Concord, which includes music not heard in film)

1:42:20-1:43:16 (0:56) The Sword Trick (1:05 on Concord)

1:43:16-1:45:21 (2:05) Bridge Percussion (not on Concord!)

1:45:21-1:49:54 (4:33) The Broken Bridge / British Relief (4:47 on Concord, which includes music not heard in the film)

1:49:50-1:53:09 (3:19) Return To The Village / Raiders March (3:27 on Concord)

1:53:09-1:58:11 (5:02) End Credits (5:47 on Concord, which omits 26 seconds heard in the film from 1:53:09-1:53:35!, but then includes 1:11 of music not heard in the film)

Yeah, you've done a great job compiling everything in an easy to access format. I'm not one of the people complaining that were not getting 10 seconds of music here, 20 seconds here, rather I'm simply enjoying finally being able to own these great scores on CD. These scores (along with Star Wars) play a big reason why I am a film music fan and can't wait to get my hands on them. Much thanks for work, as it will be easy for me to order everything out when I finally get the set.

Woot....300th post. Took me long enough. :D

I think if you choose to ship the items together, they will ship both Indy and The Dark Knight on December 9th. Then you'll pay the $12.97. However, if each one ships separately, I think you will be charged the $8.99 for each, since they will not be in the same box.

Actually, if I'm understanding this correctly—you say ship together but Amazon later ships them separately—you should only be charged the original $12.97.

I'm confused myself by all this.

You add the Indy set and The Dark Knight into your cart. You checkout and place the order. I'm not sure, but there should be an option that asks if you want both items shipped together. If you check that, both will be delivered to you in one box, with a single charge of $12.97 (in ManOfDestiny's case) for shipping. However, if you do not check this box, the two items will be shipped as they become available. The Indy set will be shipped when it is released and you will be charged $8.99 for shipping. Then when The Dark Knight is released, that will be shipped and you will be charged the $8.99.

EDIT: (How is the "Mars Attacks!" score? I never listened to it before.)

It's one of Elfman's cleverest scores. If you're familiar with general B-Grade sci-fi films of the 1950's and even Goldsmith's farcical scores for Joe Dante's films of the 1980's, you'll appreciate the influences of this score even more.

the omission of Fortune and Glory puzzles me .It's the same cue as Indy and the Villagers and you need it to lead into Short Round's theme .That is my only big disapointement with the set

I do think we're getting Indy and the Villagers in its Entirety. I also think A Child Returns and Fortune and Glory are also separate tracks. True, Fortune and Glory segues wonderfuly into Short Round's Theme, but I still think they are seperate tracks.

the omission of Fortune and Glory puzzles me .It's the same cue as Indy and the Villagers and you need it to lead into Short Round's theme .That is my only big disapointement with the set

It's definitely NOT the same cue. If you skip forward to the part in the movie where "Indy And The Villagers" ends and "A Child Returns / Fortune And Glory" begins (gets the times from my post a few posts up), you can hear the single note that ends the first cue and how the second cue overlaps it. (like many many cues in TOD)

It is a damn shame, though. Honestly, I would have much preferred the 2:17 "A Child Returns / Fortune And Glory", the missing 10 seconds from "Fast Streets Of Shanghai", and the missing 26 seconds of "End Credits" over the 3:28 "The Secret Passage".

EDIT: Nick, Mars Attacks is great, one of my favorite scores. Very fun.

EDIT 2: Thanks for the kind words everybody!

I'm confused myself by all this.

You add the Indy set and The Dark Knight into your cart. You checkout and place the order. I'm not sure, but there should be an option that asks if you want both items shipped together. If you check that, both will be delivered to you in one box, with a single charge of $12.97 (in ManOfDestiny's case) for shipping. However, if you do not check this box, the two items will be shipped as they become available. The Indy set will be shipped when it is released and you will be charged $8.99 for shipping. Then when The Dark Knight is released, that will be shipped and you will be charged the $8.99.

I found it. Thanks. So I guess I will get both sets in mid Dec.

Choose a shipping preference

Group my items into as few shipments as possible (currently selected)

Ship my items as they become available (at extra shipping cost).

I say bring on the JWFan interview to enlighten us.

I'd love to interview him for the site. I don't know how to get in touch with him. Concord didn't return my calls and I couldn't find him on a site like Facebook.

And is "Marion in the Pit" on the leak? I don't have it if it was. And the term "fake leak" is as bad as "legit boot", which I've seen tossed around here from time to time.

Neil

And is "Marion in the Pit" on the leak? I don't have it if it was. And the term "fake leak" is as bad as "legit boot", which I've seen tossed around here from time to time.

Neil

No, it isn't. I was mistaken earlier when I said it was. Momentary brain malfunction!

Yeah. The leak was certainly not a fake. I've heard that it was in fact the individual release of Raiders that was pulled - due to the circulation of complaints and bad word of mouth. But I want to stress that this is just rumor; I can't really verify it.

Where did you hear that rumor?

I'd assume it it's not true, since the contents of the disk are so different than the final release. It's more likely that this was a preliminary version of the disk used for early testing processes - and it was mistakingly leaked.

I have a feeling that the Raiders CD was simply delayed so it wouldn't cannibalize sales of the box set. All three CDs should be released individually in the coming months - as a retail email seems to confirm on the FSM boards.

ok,well,I made a new windows folder for all Non Concord cues I need to keep for playlist or reference purpose once we get the box set. The rest will get deleted.

Honestly I don't give a damn about the Indiana Jones music that much to want every single piece of music there is from the films. So this box set for me will be just fine.

That's why you shouldnt critisize anyone who thinks differently, and specially when you could be considered 'paranoid' regarding the prequel scores.

1:43:16-1:45:21 (2:05) Bridge Percussion (not on Concord!)

In this case, when using the Lego Indiana Jones game music files we have available, how accurately could we assemble this cue using the least amount of DVD rip as possible?

I'll have to get home to check that, though i'm not familiar with the files...

Will Amazon.de have stock of the BOX in 17th Nov as they say? Or they have to order them from the US and then send it for the buyers?

I mean, it's 100% sure it will ship nov 17th or not?

I rather keep my US order if that's the case... because the US site is to get the boxes before,doesnt it? (specially interesting if the 1st pressing is short on numbers and do not arrive to europe untill subsequent pressings...)

FYI, I'll be releasing "Kingdom of the Crystal Skull: Expanded Edition" the same day as this set is released. There was a goldmine of clean cues on the Blu Ray, so my previous attempt at providing a true 80min OST KOTCS has been adjusted into a fully fledged Expanded Edition.

BTW, it'd be nice if someone compiled the ultimate list of still-unreleased-original trilogy cues and which source we could acquire them with the cleanest/best quality audio. I imagine most of Temple will come from the Lego game and DVD rips, and Crusade from the boot, but I'm yet to hear LC DVD rips.