Indiana Jones: The Soundtracks Collection (official Thread)

Mr. Breathmask

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's my assessement of the situation

Unreleased cues

1-Important :

A Child Returns/Fortune and Glory

ToD End Credits (Film Version)

The Legend of the Grail

The Two Joneses

2-Would have been nice to have but not critical:

Starving Village

The Maharaja

Packet from Dad

Put Down the Gun

The Birds of Charlemagne

3-I don't really care:

The Palace Banquet

A True Believer

Bridge Percussions

Into the Catacombs

Iskerendun

Der Whatever

That's why you shouldnt critisize anyone who thinks differently, and specially when you could be considered 'paranoid' regarding the prequel scores.

Oh Luke, you're breaking my heart! :)

Seriously I don't loose sleep over not getting unreleased music even from the Prequel Star Wars games...most of you guys on the other hand (mainly KM) probably do loose sleep wondering if there's gonna be new unreleased music or wondering why this cue or that cue wasn't on the box set.

MOST of you won't even just sit on your butts and wait for your official copy of the box set to arrive to see what truly is on the set. You can't base the review of the set from one person over on Intrada.

1:43:16-1:45:21 (2:05) Bridge Percussion (not on Concord!)

In this case, when using the Lego Indiana Jones game music files we have available, how accurately could we assemble this cue using the least amount of DVD rip as possible?

I asked that same question over in the proper thread for it but haven't received an answer yet.

which files of the Lego game is Bridge Percussion?

It's TD_BATTLEONTHEBRIDGE_E_QUI

Actually, it's in TD BATTLEONTHEBRIDGE C QUI, TD BATTLEONTHEBRIDGE D QUI, TD BATTLEONTHEBRIDGE E QUI, and TD_KALISTEMPLE_B_QUI

Why are some of you saying we're still are missing the film version of the TOD end credits? There's a few seconds missing at most

26 seconds to be exact, and it's arguable the best and most important 26 seconds... it's the part where Indy's A Theme plays with Short Round's Theme in counterpoint. It's inexcusable it wasn't included.

Not to mention that fact that we now can't properly join "Return To The Village" with the "End Credits" because its the FIRST 26 seconds of the End Credits that are missing.... and the same 32 seconds from "Return To The Village" are repeated on discs 2 and 5.

Why are some of you saying we're still are missing the film version of the TOD end credits? There's a few seconds missing at most

26 seconds to be exact, and it's arguable the best and most important 26 seconds... it's the part where Indy's A Theme plays with Short Round's Theme in counterpoint. It's inexcusable it wasn't included.

Not to mention that fact that we now can't properly join "Return To The Village" with the "End Credits" because its the FIRST 26 seconds of the End Credits that are missing.... and the same 32 seconds from "Return To The Village" are repeated on discs 2 and 5.

But luckily we can at least do a clean edit of the first 26 seconds using the RPO re-recording. Sure it isn't the original, but it sounds pretty good and it isn't a DVD rip, so the sound quality change won't be noticed at all. It's better than not having it at all, which apparently is our current situation.

I realized that since my spreadsheet uses some different names than the Last Crusade boots used, it could be a little confusing what is and isn't on the set...

Here's a list of all the cues from the boots that aren't in the Concord set:

Available on both bootlegs:

• Packet From Dad aka Package From Dad (0:53)
  • Inscription On The Rock aka The Legend Of The Holy Grail (1:00)
  • The Catacombs aka Into The Catacombs (2:37)
  • Papa Jones aka The Two Joneses (2:06)
  • Elsa's Betrayal aka Put Down The Gun (1:59)
  • Papa Jones Shot aka Professor Jones Is Shot (2:51)

Available on the 2CD bootleg only:

• Papa Jones End Tag aka Don't Call Me Junior (0:10)
  • Keeping Up With The Joneses (Film Version) aka The Birds Of Charlemagne (1:43)
  • Indy Fanfare, Part I aka Unused Indy Fanfare (0:14)
  • Indy Fanfare, Part II aka Death Of Kazim (Film Ending) (0:20)

In addition, the two pieces of source music - Iskenderun and Der Koniggratzer - leaked, but as far as I've ever seen, only in MP3 format.

Music from TLC that NEVER leaked and will NOT be on the Concord set is:

• The film version opening of "Escape From The Train" (0:15)
  • a clean ending to "Flight To Venice"
  • a clean opening to "X Marks The Spot"
  • The final 45 seconds of "X Marks The Spot"
  • the first 2 seconds of "Escape From Venice"
  • Death Of Kazim ("Nazi Theme" insert) (0:07)
  • On The Tank ("Nazi Theme" insert) (0:07)
  • On The Tank ("1 Shot, 3 Nazis" insert) (0:04)

• Indy Fanfare, Part I aka Unused Indy Fanfare (0:14)

Might this be an alternative version of Papa Jones End Tag (Don't Call Me Junior)?

It's possible... no way to know for sure, really, until a more competent producer puts together a complete 2CD set :)

But luckily we can at least do a clean edit of the first 26 seconds using the RPO re-recording. Sure it isn't the original, but it sounds pretty good and it isn't a DVD rip, so the sound quality change won't be noticed at all. It's better than not having it at all, which apparently is our current situation.

That may be more difficult than you might imagine. I have not heard the RPO re-recording, but two different orchestras recorded in two different venues by two different recording teams and the likelihood of two different tempos and two different tunings (not all orchestras tune to A=440, I have been told that European orchestras tend to tune a little higher than American orchestras) might make the editing more difficult (though not impossible-- it'll just need a whole lotta patience).

That's why you shouldnt critisize anyone who thinks differently, and specially when you could be considered 'paranoid' regarding the prequel scores.

Oh Luke, you're breaking my heart! :)

I know ;)

(i had to use good OT dialogue against that Prequel travesty! :P)

Seriously I don't loose sleep over not getting unreleased music even from the Prequel Star Wars games...most of you guys on the other hand (mainly KM) probably do loose sleep wondering if there's gonna be new unreleased music or wondering why this cue or that cue wasn't on the box set.

Seriously if you think that regarding the vocal exaggerations of some people, don't think other people can't about you. Just check the prequel resource thread. Some 20 seconds alternate was driving you insane.

I personally dont think anyone here loses sleep.

Jason, your work is great. Are you going to add the leaked/prototype Concord Raiders onto the spreadsheet?

Yes I plan soon to add a Raiders page that compares the Concord to the two bootlegs, and another page for Last Crusade that compares itself to the two TLC boots.... stay tuned.

NOTE: Requests, offers or trades of the box set (or part of it) are NOT allowed. Posts will be deleted, and the user may be banned from the forum.

http://jwfan.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=15339

Who in this thread made a request or offered a trade of the box set (or part of it)? Nobody did.

:huh:

Honestly you shouldn't discuss anything related to bootlegs or filesharing.

No ancient relic (i.e. record industry executive) is gonna tell me what to do!!!

Seriously, either they sensibly legalize file-sharing or die ;)

It's not like anyone on this board wants to just illegally download the new box set - or any legitimate release - instead of buying it. At least I HOPE not.

We just want to discuss the music that you CAN'T legally purchase. Obtaining that music does not take away money from any record companies, because that music is not legally available.

It is strange that Neil Bulk can openly discuss having a FLAC of the leaked Raiders disc, or that Henry Buck can say "Now taking PMs for the TFU rips. ", but when I mention that I only have some unreleased Last Crusade music in lower quality mp3s and was hoping to get higher bitrate ones, I get my post edited on me.... anonymously at that.

Anybody else expecting the first sound clips / samples to pop up online tomorrow?

The KOCS samples showed up 7 days before it was released....

So are people already having the set? I am sorry too busy to keep myself updated, and no time to read through the lot of pages here.

So are people already having the set? I am sorry too busy to keep myself updated, and no time to read through the lot of pages here.

Nope. It hasn't leaked, and only one review has hit the net so far.... on the Intrada message boards.

No,the edit I made is the first 15 seconds .It was essential to preserve the Williams recorded Interpolation

Nope. It hasn't leaked, and only one review has hit the net so far.... on the Intrada message boards.

Thanks.

Honestly you shouldn't discuss anything related to bootlegs or filesharing.

Seriously you hang out way to much in forums where record producers actually post and are acting like your sucking up to them big time . For the rest of the internet I hope we can retain a bit more free speech. I have no problems with banning links but there is a limit.

Besides ,all these insider showbiz people get free advance copies ,trade promos freely ,have more boots in their collection than the rest of us combined while at the same time want to send "regular people" to hell for D/L a leaked copy even if we plan to buy the music later. Seriously,what makes "Jeff" at intrada so special of a human beeing (besides working at the right place) that he can listen to the set 2 weeks before the rest of us .He didn't even make a comprehensive review of it.

Comes down to who you know I guess, which is unfortunate with something as special as music.

But agreed - it's certainly unfair sometimes, and aside from professional bootleggers (who sell for profit), the record companies can basically f**k off and let us enjoy what they can't be bothered to release anyway. They're not losing money (no production costs).

Comes down to who you know I guess, which is unfortunate with something as special as music.

But agreed - it's certainly unfair sometimes, and aside from professional bootleggers (who sell for profit), the record companies can basically f**k off and let us enjoy what they can't be bothered to release anyway. They're not losing money (no production costs).

I totally agree about professional bootleggers . But I also extend that to anyone who sells official c.d.'s 1 cent over the actual retail price because they are out of print, those against file sharing because it devalues their stockpile of limited edtion c.d.'s they plan to sell on ebay when the so called value goes up.

I don't claim to be an expert (and believe me, I do not side with the record companies at all), but there's loss of revenue, and there's violation of copyright. Simply because a record company does not officially release a portion of a motion picture score, the music itself is still under copyright. I think that may be where the mods are coming from in regards to not-officially-released files. Just a guess, though.

However, having said that, I own the Indy films on DVD, so perhaps one can say I have already technically acquired the soundtrack...? At least for the not-officially-released tracks, anyway.

Oh, well, it's all a bunch of legalistic hooey. bowdown

I talked to Ricard, and the reason he posted that warning in this thread was just a simple mis-understanding.

He thought I was asking somebody to send me a link to the Concord Raiders leak, when I was really asking if somebody could PM me higher res versions of the music that was only on the OLD Raiders bootleg (In The Idol Temple Insert, Marion Into The Pit, Through The Wall Alternate). Everything's cool bowdown

However, having said that, I own the Indy films on DVD, so perhaps one can say I have already technically acquired the soundtrack...? At least for the not-officially-released tracks, anyway.

Oh, well, it's all a bunch of legalistic hooey. bowdown

Those people basicaly do not want you to do anything with your media . Basically you can only play it in the format you buy it in . A DVD played in a DVD player,that's it . You can't do anything else, including recording the audio for some other purpose. If they could record companies would make MP3 players and ipods illegal ,and I think they tried or are still trying to do so.

I think that may be where the mods are coming from in regards to not-officially-released files. Just a guess, though.

Oh I think that's definitely where they're coming from - I just think that it, an the laws themselves are horrendously outdated and don't at all take advantage of the digital age.

What bother me, is that if I posted "it's on bittorrent" (and just for the record, it isn't), that would be deleted. Never mind that anyone with a modicum of computer knowledge could have found that out for themselves with a google. And take the edits that I, and many others have done with KotCS. Exchanging by PMs is a tedious process, and absolutely anyone on the planet can register and acquire the music - so why make it more difficult from them, and try to pretend that harmless fan editing doesn't exist?

Mark - another example, the UK government earlier in the year announced it was considering proposals to make ripping a CD to your computer legal. When I say these copyright laws are 20 years old, I'm not kidding.

Those people basicaly do not want you to do anything with your media . Basically you can only play it in the format you buy it in . A DVD played in a DVD player,that's it . You can't do anything else, including recording the audio for some other purpose. If they could record companies would make MP3 players and ipods illegal ,and I think they tried or are still trying to do so.

steal_this_comic.png