Indiana Jones: The Soundtracks Collection (official Thread)

Mr. Breathmask

Honestly you shouldn't discuss anything related to bootlegs or filesharing.

Seriously you hang out way to much in forums where record producers actually post and are acting like your sucking up to them big time . For the rest of the internet I hope we can retain a bit more free speech. I have no problems with banning links but there is a limit.

Besides ,all these insider showbiz people get free advance copies ,trade promos freely ,have more boots in their collection than the rest of us combined while at the same time want to send "regular people" to hell for D/L a leaked copy even if we plan to buy the music later. Seriously,what makes "Jeff" at intrada so special of a human beeing (besides working at the right place) that he can listen to the set 2 weeks before the rest of us .He didn't even make a comprehensive review of it.

When you start living in the real world and quit living in the fantasy world of film music must bow to KM then I'll have an adult conversation with you.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those people basicaly do not want you to do anything with your media . Basically you can only play it in the format you buy it in . A DVD played in a DVD player,that's it . You can't do anything else, including recording the audio for some other purpose. If they could record companies would make MP3 players and ipods illegal ,and I think they tried or are still trying to do so.

steal_this_comic.png

Okay this is the last straw all your DRM propaganda bullpoo it is very tiring...I'm putting you on ignore, as far this thread goes...I'll pop in and say high when I get my copy of the Indy box set next week.

I don't see this MB as really connected to the "real world" . Maybe that's just my perception of it at 3 AM in my appartment alone trading PM's on how you can edit the Filharmonics 2 track with a DVD rip of the ToD end Credits to make a substitute film version. Would I even mention THAT to anyone I know in real life?

I don't see this MB as really connected to the "real world" . Maybe that's just my perception of it at 3 AM in my appartment alone trading PM's on how you can edit the Filharmonics 2 track with a DVD rip of the ToD end Credits to make a substitute film version. Would I even mention THAT to anyone I know in real life?

Probably your wife/girlfriend if you have one. I'm sure she would like to know what you are doing on the computer at 3:00 AM. bowdown

So, how many seconds have been edited from the complete "Desert Chase"? (And thoses "EBayers" got vicious a few minutes ago.)

Well the full Desert Chase runs 8:15..... and no one here actually has the set yet to know for sure, but the times posted to the online sites say it'll be 7:31. However, it was 7:41 on the OST so it's either a new edit or a typo.

If I'm posting at 3 AM, it means my dog's asleep and the gin ran out. :)

Midnight well,it's Insomnia time again

On another note 1 Week untill the Box is released!!!!!!!!!!

The only thing to worry about are Amazon or concord distribution problems . Oh no one of their c.d. pressing machines is broken!!

K.M, noticing the MB clock is 10 minutes behind

I would think that it would be the latter.

I has to be the latter. How could they release a even more shortened version that is not the OST one since that's what they wanted to release and preserve.

0:14:18-0:17:42 (3:34) Map / Out Of Fuel (3:21 on Concord)

I just noticed there is a 13 second difference between the film length and the Concord track with this cue. I wonder what they cut out of it? If I would have to guess it could be the brief moment before the great map music actually starts where Indy and Willie Scott argue on the plane. What do you guys think?

Another cool cue dropped?

Great...

Why couldnt Jeff at intrada be a fan of these scores (TOD his holy grail? yeah, right)? We would have a complete analysis by now...

If i was Concord, i would have sent one advance copy to Ricard. (and then i would hope ricard shared his thoughts with us... :) )

sorry I just listened to the rear channels of TOD Finale and end credits..

I can't hear anything that is missing that isn't there in perfect quality without sfx!?!

what is missing exactly? you guys seemed to copy/paste something from the RPO rec into that. RPO rec starts with the Indy theme (w/o introduction)

and the shorty counterpoint is in there.. but it is also clean there in the DVD rear channels so please just for me

The track from d5 called:Return to the Village/Raiders March will feature the music after indy climbed the cliff and will stop where the RPO version starts.. yes ok but the beginning of the RPO plus shorty counterpoint is clean of any sfx on the DVD..

what is missing what we can't have in original rec., because I don't get it..

0:14:18-0:17:42 (3:34) Map / Out Of Fuel (3:21 on Concord)

I just noticed there is a 13 second difference between the film length and the Concord track with this cue. I wonder what they cut out of it? If I would have to guess it could be the brief moment before the great map music actually starts where Indy and Willie Scott argue on the plane. What do you guys think?

That's a typo. It's 3:24 in the film (14:18 -> 17:42)

I can't hear anything that is missing that isn't there in perfect quality without sfx!?!

what is missing exactly? you guys seemed to copy/paste something from the RPO rec into that. RPO rec starts with the Indy theme (w/o introduction)

and the shorty counterpoint is in there.. but it is also clean there in the DVD rear channels so please just for me

The track from d5 called:Return to the Village/Raiders March will feature the music after indy climbed the cliff and will stop where the RPO version starts.. yes ok but the beginning of the RPO plus shorty counterpoint is clean of any sfx on the DVD..

There's nothing missing you can't get from the rears, but since king mark doesn't like rear channel rips for whatever reason he just to use the RPO performance for the beginning instead. He still switched to the "all channels" rip as soon as he could

funny in my rearchannel rip PAL DVD it goes from rhythmic the string chords (crossfaded with the horn note from fast streets) to the beginning of slalom on mt humol

13:43 - 16:57 = 3:14

OK so that part is not missing, pheeww.

I would like to hear that rear channel part from the end credits...

I thought there was people cries all over it.

yes it is but only in the part that will be in the last track of disc 5

Ah but now I know what kingmark means: he wants to use rear and FRONT channels so he can get the best soundquality. and you can hear noise from the kids in the front channels

man no that I listen to Blood Ritual again.. I cannot understand how Kingmark doesn't care for that piece.. it must be the darkest music from the entire series..

for me it is the greatest dissapointment, that it isn't included! :)

you shall find out now! the first 15 seconds of the DVD rip film version has children cheering . NO REAR channel rip, the only acceptable quality is ALL channel rip if it is to be included as a semi-definitive version

The problem with the RPO performance is the Indy/Shorty Interpolation .In the Williams recording Short Round's theme is much more to the surface and the Indy fanfare is to the background

Well a Raiders prototype leaked. Keep up the hope!

I think the stuff about the "logic" and "science" of assembling these albums in a load of hogwash though. There's clearly no such science behind the assembly of the tracks on Disc 5, so they could easily have included the more listenable and interesting tracks as opposed to "The Secret Tunnel" (the bridge percussion is the most logical choice, here, but I can see Williams having vetoed that personally -- he discusses the secret bug tunnel "music" specifically on the DVD, so it must be a personal favourite of his, a bit like "Scorpions" over "Warehouse Escape"). All of the bonus Crusade cues are lovely, though.

NO REAR channel rip, the only acceptable quality is ALL channel rip if it is to be included as a semi-definitive version

An opinion, not a fact.... and one that many here do not share.

I just re-listened to Road to Berlin,Berlin Air Terminal (To the Blimp) , The Blimp Turns Around on the boot. Amazing stuff!!!

Still don't see what the fuss is over Bridge Percussions and A True Believer

NO REAR channel rip, the only acceptable quality is ALL channel rip if it is to be included as a semi-definitive version

this could be an exception. Rear Channel rips is something I still haven't figured out

In the case of ToD, I can't hear much difference between the rear channels and the full mix. There's no reason not to use them.

but your version is PAL speed!!!

Ok anyone has this rear channel rip in US version?

still it is a shame that you didn't know :) by the way I can make it slower and deeper (one half tone) without any loss of quality in a few seconds

yeah I tried to slow it but somehow I get some crackes and can't get to quite match. (I notice more the difference between this rear Rip/OST than RPO/full channel Rip/OST)

We shall see when I have optimal material ,if I keep this or my other edit.

Why couldnt Jeff at intrada be a fan of these scores (TOD his holy grail? yeah, right)? We would have a complete analysis by now...

Probably because he's busy listening to the music instead of wasting his time talking about it.

Plus I believe he's in charge or works in the shipping department at Intrada and is more than likely a little busy.

this could be an exception. Rear Channel rips is something I still haven't figured out

They certainly vary from film to film. Sometimes there are loads of sound effects over them, sometimes they are mostly clean. Sometimes even when they are clean, the music sounds distant and has no bass.

However, in the case of TOD, at the very least "Shanghai 1935", the "Fast Streets" insert, "The Starving Village", and "End Credits" can be ripped completely cleanly and sound just great.

Of course, in the case of End Credits, you still want to switch to the all channel rip as soon as you can.

by the way I can make it slower and deeper

That's what she said :)

but your version is PAL speed!!!

Ok anyone has this rear channel rip in US version?

still it is a shame that you didn't know :) by the way I can make it slower and deeper (one half tone) without any loss of quality in a few seconds

Yep, I tried this as well the other day and it worked just fine. Can't wait to start editing properly... :lol:

yeah I tried to slow it but somehow I get some crackes and can't get to quite match. (I notice more the difference between this rear Rip/OST than RPO/full channel Rip/OST)

I thought you were in an NTSC region mark? Where do you live?

Yep, I tried this as well the other day and it worked just fine. Can't wait to start editing properly... :)

All you PAL guys should be using R1 NTSC rips, and not artificually slowing down a PAL dvd that was already artificially sped up.

I'll make R1 NTSC rips available to anyone who wants them

yes,I'm in Canada. I got my temp rip from Padme who's in Europe

Like I said I don't know how to rip it myself (I tried Steef's old guide a long time ago but it never worked.I couldn't get seperate WAVE files to be outputted)

ok the transition sort of work if you cut it just before the B theme

how about the rear channel rips of:

"Packet from Dad"

"Inscription on the Rock"

I never checked TLC atleast the second one must sound perfect.. no sfx in the background ust two people talking, or can you hear the party from nextdoor?

how about the rear channel rips of:

"Packet from Dad"

"Inscription on the Rock"

I never checked TLC atleast the second one must sound perfect.. no sfx in the background ust two people talking, or can you hear the party from nextdoor?

I have yet to rip TLC to my hard drive to check that stuff out. Hopefully some missing cues can be ripped clean, since the boot has fairly poor quality.

Ok so now the only question is whether to use the first 15 seconds of End Credits from REAR channel DVD rip OR RPO performance

Miss Padme's rip gives me a fairly good approximation of the final sound and I'm still not convinced this is the way to go .Despite beeing clear,the rear channel rip has an "echo-y " quality that is more jarring than using the RPO segment IMO.

Ok so now the only question is whether to use the first 15 seconds of End Credits from REAR channel DVD rip OR RPO performance

Miss Padme's rip gives me a fairly good approximation of the final sound and I'm still not convinced this is the way to go .Despite beeing clear,the rear channel rip has an "echo-y " quality that is more jarring than using the RPO segment.

Wait till you hear my R1 rips :)