Indiana Jones: The Soundtracks Collection (official Thread)

Mr. Breathmask

In less than a week I will have the set in my hands!

That would be cool if I had it next Tuesday. Amazon has been known to ship things and get things to people's doors just before the release date.

I remember I got Transformers a day or two before the release date.

Oh that's cool. That's never happened to me though. I just meant like literally just under a week lol. I'll probably have it around noon next Tuesday.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does the United States Postal Service work on Veteran's Day?

No the USPS is closed on Veteran's Day. If you're ordering it from Amazon, Amazon ships via UPS. All the other carriers still work.

Amazon super saver shipping is USPS, if you pay for 2 day shipping that is UPS.

I'm not risking it. You go ahead and state the fact if you like.

I'll do it.

Barack Obama won the presidential election. Now ban me. Sigh.

No the USPS is closed on Veteran's Day. If you're ordering it from Amazon, Amazon ships via UPS. All the other carriers still work.

Oh. Dang it....

Oh ya duh, well I paid for next day shipping. ;)

Though there is obviously no set time, Free Shipping is actually rather fast, faster than what the website always predicts.

EDIT: To Vosk....

Yes, but I received "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull" one day before the retail release, with Free Shipping selected.

I still don't understand how "Desert Chase" can be so short. Even shorter than the OST??

Well, the OST was transferred at the wrong speed. I have a corrected version that runs 7:30. If this is accurate, then the Concord version matches it.

It could be that the DCC transfer (and the leaked Concord Raiders) are actually too slow.

I bet some people who took free shipping will get it before you

I think I will. Amazon prime gets you free 2 day shipping. I will be receiving it next Tuesday because they ship it out a little earlier so it arrives on its release day.

ToD End Credits Edit :Final Verdict using true NTSC Rear Channel Rip vs RPO (first 15 seconds)

(Using headphones in "audiophile range" and a top of the line PC soundcard)

1)Edit with NTSC rear channel rip: Scratchy top end distortion ,noticeable reverb transition between rear channel DVDrip (hollow sound) and full channel DVDrip .Cannot get used to it. Probably why I discarted the idea a few years ago (but had forgotten)

2)Edit with RPO : A(very) slight mismatch in ambiance (slightly more boomy) and percussions(?) .Tempo is exact and transition smooth musically .Once you get rid of the "psychological purist" effect that you cheated by using another recording it sounds pretty seamless ,especially after several listens or the next day after you don't remember exactly how the DVD rip sounded.

Winner :Edit with RPO...I stand by it .I think it is easier to get accustomed to a slight performance mismatch than a jarring sound quality difference

Please do not emit an opinion if your using imprecise PC speakers( there are still monkey howls ,crickets and frogs in The Starving Village)

How much will international shipping cost for the box from moviemusic.com? Anyone know?

Peter has given the limited price of $39.99 until Nov 11.

Please do not emit an opinion if your using imprecise PC speakers( there are still monkey howls ,crickets and frogs in The Starving Village)

I will send you the file slumbering on my PC

International Rates: Rates begin at $5.99 per order (including the first item plus $2 for each additional item, plus additional fees for larger box sets) for Standard Air Mail shipments or an individually calculated rates.

That's all it says about international shipping at Movie Music. It says additional fees for box sets, so that probably includes this one. Have also contacted Australian retailers and it looks like no distribution arm is releasing this set here. :(

I know, I've asked around Australian retailers with no luck (which I expected since the soundtrack industry doesn't exactly flourish down here). I've already ordered with SAE, however I used PayPal before their price went up, so I don't know if I have to pay anything additional since my payment has all been done already.

What was the expected shipping duration with SAE again?

And do they charge you based on the exchange rate at the moment of shipping, or the moment of ordering?

I think they charge according to the exchange rate on the day of shipping.

I don't know how long it will take, but generally orders I make through SAE arrive a week after shipping. The site says it could take anywhere from 1-4 weeks if you're a betting man.

If you contact amazon and say: 'hey look this retailer here is cheaper'

Will they drop the price? :(

Some physical stores do it here

Amazon.de does it... it's called "lowest price guarantee", though it doesn't change the price in their system, but refund you the difference (though only to the balance of your Amazon-account). I don't know if the other Amazons got it as well.

Amazon.de had the Indy 4 blu-ray listed for 24,99€ and after one big dvdstore listed it for 14,99€!! they offered it for 14,88€ they actually CHANGED the price in their system

But now it went up again..

So mark what are your thoughts on the "Fast Streets" missing section from the R1 rip?

How about "Bridge Percussion"?

The missing bit from "Fast Streets of Shanghai" is cool, but I think the edit on the album is totally imperceptible.

But do you feel that the sound quality in my rip is acceptable enough to mix into the album track without a noticeable change in quality?

The missing bit from "Fast Streets of Shanghai" is cool, but I think the edit on the album is totally imperceptible.

But do you feel that the sound quality in my rip is acceptable enough to mix into the album track without a noticeable change in quality?

I this case it's acceptable .I just tried .the DVD rip is clean and even and no sFX whatsoever .Only a slight difference in reverb but within reason .

I was thinking more along the lines of, you had previously said that they weren't important cues and you didn't care that Concord didn't include them on the set

Hmm. There's not much going on in Secret Passage is there .I thought it had the Sankara stone theme and stuff but no. Yes A True Believer is Better

so I would drop The Secret Passage for A True Believer

And I would drop Bad Dates for Fortune and Glory

I still would have preferred Return To The Village properly seguing into the full real End Credits properly over either. Plenty of room for it on disc 2 too. :(

I canceled my Amazon order simply put Peter (MovieMusic) for a limited time has an offer for the box set at $39.99 with Priority Shipping it's $45.98. Ya I might not get it on November 13th but that's okay I'm saving a few bucks. The limited time offer ends 11/11 so anyone who wants to jump on it now better do so!

Edit: I take that back Peter just emailed me back and he said with shipping it'll be $47.98. That's still cheaper than Amazon.

So just exectly how long is the bridge percussion music. Right from the moment Mola Ram say "Welcome" to the moment indy cuts the bridge I'd say it's only about 90 seconds of music. Judging by the official track times I'd guess that it could very well be included.

Unless I missed a post declaring for certain that it is NOT on the CD.