Indiana Jones: The Soundtracks Collection (official Thread)

Mr. Breathmask

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My apologies if this has been answered before, BUT.......

This question is to do with The Last Crusade: -

In the film, when the young Indy has to return the Cross of Coronado back to the Indy lookalike, the orchestra is playing a really slow version of the Raiders theme. Which track will this come under? Will it be on the very end of "Indy's Very First Adventure" or the very beginning of "The Boat Scene" (stupid name for a track, I'll be re-naming mine "The Portuguese Coast, 1938"). Or, will it not be included at all?! :unsure:

And it will sound very awkward on the official CD as the Indy theme ends... fades out... pause... next track starts.

The start of "The Boat Scene" is meant to overlap the last note of it.... I don't know why they didn't just add "The Boat Scene" in and make it one long 14 minute track...

Oh well we can always edit it ourselves.

I got word from Peter (MovieMusic) that he hopes all Priority orders through him will ship out tomorrow for a Monday/Tuesday delivery. So I should have my box set first of next week if all goes well. :unsure:

Um no it's not. Here's what he said:

priority orders are expected to go out tomorrow and Saturday for Monday/Tuesday delivery. Then standard mail orders as soon as the priorities are done. I've had to order more because the response has been good, just about sold out of the pre-order qty!

Actually I don't blame the protest letters about TPM:UE because that was just crap.

No, it wasn't. It was exactly the film music as is in the film. The idiots that wrote protest letters screwed us all out of getting similar treatments to AOTC and ROTS. (Although admittedly half of AOTC is on the TPM UE.)

Actually I don't blame the protest letters about TPM:UE because that was just crap.

No, it wasn't. It was exactly the film music as is in the film. The idiots that wrote protest letters screwed us all out of getting similar treatments to AOTC and ROTS. (Although admittedly half of AOTC is on the TPM UE.)

Yes it was crap (as far as presentation goes), only idiots like you Demodex (and I was an idiot for thinking the same) think it's not crap.

I finally decided to order the set in www.hmv.com. The price is great: 22,9 pounds plus 2,5 pounds for shipping and handling, so the total is 25,49 that are like 30 euros...

The bad thing is that their release date is the 18 and I don´t know how fast is their shipping (specially for me, waiting for it in Madrid...)

@Luke: There aren´t any news in the release of the set in Spain yet...

it also says

"New Release Products

We aim to despatch new release products 1-2 working days before the release date in order for you to receive them on the date of release.

Prices may change prior to the release date. We will ensure that your order is amended before it is shipped to the current price displayed on the site."

Oh you again. You're the one person here who wants the edited, tracked and looped crap to listen to. So I wouldn't throw the word idiot around.

A couple times back when it first came out.

Give it a listen this weekend then report back...you'll agree about the hack job.

Well, hopefully he will.

The only really bad part is the Battle of Naboo sequence, the other edits in the score are annoying but managable. In some ways no worse than a typical Williams OST.

John- who's starting to think we many need a Bond sub-forum

My Mac doesn't like those B&N sample. Couldn't play 'em in Firefox, and in Safari it said Flip4Mac couldn't play them either

Same here. :spiny:

What's the big problem with the UE?

The problem is that John William's original cues where looped, tracked, and edited constantly throughout the final film, and the UE reflects the final film instead of giving us William's full, original cues like any other proper expanded score would

And while TPM:UE gave us some un-released music that people were able to salvage, as a consumer I expect things to be done properly.

I refuse to waste my time nor should I have to extract music from video games, DVDs and some half ass CD production in order to enjoy my film scores. It is the job of the labels to provide their customers with the proper product.

If labels won't or can't then they might as well just allow the listener to pay a fee and come in and assemble their own damn version. No offense to anyone but it is damn near ridiculous watching/reading these threads as people jumping from video game to video game just to make a simple CD they can listen to. Especially when the label could have done it right the first time.

And while TPM:UE gave us some un-released music that people were able to salvage, as a consumer I expect things to be done properly.

I refuse to waste my time nor should I have to extract music from video games, DVDs and some half ass CD production in order to enjoy my film scores. It is the job of the labels to provide their customers with the proper product.

If labels won't or can't then they might as well just allow the listener to pay a fee and come in and assemble their own damn version. No offense to anyone but it is damn near ridiculous watching/reading these threads as people jumping from video game to video game just to make a simple CD they can listen to. Especially when the label could have done it right the first time.

Here here!!

As would I, but I would have preferred to wait longer - even if it took until now - and paid more - to get a proper 2CD complete score release instead of the UE we got

Yes, repeatedly, over and over again.

Huge chunks of that CD are NOT John William's original intentions for the scenes they underscored in the final film

Well the cheapest price for Aussies is actually ordering from HMV.com. It comes to $64.52 AUD, including shipping, and arrives within 7-10 days of postage. Pretty good, I reckon!! :spiny:

Wow, that is DIRT cheap! Surely a typo?!?

Well, that means the total price for Aussies there is only $50.62. I don't think it'll get any lower than that, people!

oh,i agree 100% . The thing is it's John Williams and it's a personal passion to get this music any way I can . I'm not really happy I have to do it that way but the obsession to get the music is stronger than just waiting for a proper release.

i would NOT do that with any other composer.

oh,i agree 100% . The thing is it's John Williams and it's a personal passion to get this music any way I can . I'm not really happy I have to do it that way but the obsession to get the music is stronger than just waiting for a proper release.

i would NOT do that with any other composer.

That's an interesting point. Has any other composer ever had additional music from of of his film scores leaked out in a video game or other sources?

Wowee, if you're American and want a bargain, it's only $33.45 USD, including shipping from Amazon.co.uk. Are you patient enough though?

I'm not patient .I'm SO pissed off Amazon.ca delayed it a week (if not longer ) At this point I'd pay extra to get it next week. I'm considering cancelling my Canadian order with free shipping and having possible customs fees to order it from Amazon US

With confirmation that we don't need them anymore ,today I removed Temple of Doom and Last Crusade OST's from my c.d. shelf and put them in c.d. wallet storage in my " media box" where I put all the old c.d.'s ,cdr's,old games....

Can't wait to hear reports on the Last Crusade audio quality. From the sounds of it, it's been very well remastered. Maybe it wasn't a flat recording in general, but just a flat OST mix.

And yay! Indy Rides the Statue, is the version as heard in the film!!! ;) The motif which is established in the Idol temple at the start of the film; I love that motif!