Indiana Jones: The Soundtracks Collection (official Thread)

Mr. Breathmask

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

However vocal some of the soundtrack collector crowds are, they're not enough to justify the amount of money it takes to make a release like this.

Then who is this release for, if not the Indiana Jones/soundtrack fans? No one else would buy it.

That's kind of bad when producers of a CD don't take the time to make sure things are transferred properly like they should be.

yeah its frustrating, still this is a lot better than only having OOP OSTs that cost $40+ each.

The original Raides release had a pitch problem too. It was lower. But I did manage to correct it with Adobe Audition, and now sounds perfect, and by doing this, I realized how "Flight from Peru" and "Map Room: Dawn" sounds so much better than the DCC release.

"Flight from Peru", the violins plucks are much more detailed and "Map Room: Dawn" the choral is much more emphasized.

For you guys who owns the Concord set already, how are these two tracks in comparison with the DCC?

Death Of Kazim: Does anybody else think the end note was almost meant to flow into "Belly Of The Steel Beast"?

Well, Williams has done it where he made 2 separate cues that sound intended to go together. For example, if you line up Over the Cliff and Ants! just perfectly together, it sounds superb.

That's kind of bad when producers of a CD don't take the time to make sure things are transferred properly like they should be.

yeah its frustrating, still this is a lot better than only having OOP OSTs that cost $40+ each.

Well, the low price of this boxset is surely one of its best asset. Hey, I ordered on Amazon UK for a cheap 30 euros! :huh:

The original Raides release had a pitch problem too. It was lower. But I did manage to correct it with Adobe Audition, and now sounds perfect, and by doing this, I realized how "Flight from Peru" and "Map Room: Dawn" sounds so much better than the DCC release.

It's not that sounds better, it's a different mix. For the original album, all the selected cues were remixed by John Neal at the Fox Studios in L.A. The DCC expanded release used instead the original film mixes by Eric Tomlinson. In the end, it's a matter of personal preferences.

Apparently, the Concord release is a blend of both.

i went to my local best buy today to pick this up and they didn't have it. i was extremely pissed so i had to order it online and wait until like next week to get it.

Oh, boo hoo! Most international customers have to wait until the end of November / early December to see a copy!

And for those wondering about the KOTCS Expanded, it's finished... just taking a while to upload to Megaupload. Links will be appearing in inboxes within a day! Meanwhile, savor your new box sets. :)

Map / Out Of Fuel: It sounded to me like you could add the Lego insert in no problem. Also, I think a later section was also different than the film version... like there was 2 inserts recorded.

I think the entire cue is an alternate

Now... it was said before that "Short Round Helps" sounded a bit different in sound quality, and I think they were right. Although it isn't really sound quality that is the problem, I think it is purely a pitch problem. It plays too slow. In fact, if you compare the first section of it to the Lego Game's file that featured the unreleased portion, it is more obvious that on CD it is slower. The lego file had it at the correct pitch. Any help as to how to make the pitch of this one track match?

I think it's just the volume that's too low ,raise by a few db

nalog recordings. He said that when this happens with vintage rock recordings (i.e.: music with a steady rhythm or tempo) is much more annoying.

Another friend told me that one of the most famous recordings of Puccini's Tosca (the one performed by Callas/DiStefano/Gobbi, conducted by Victor De Sabata in 1953) was originally released by EMI-Ricordi with the incorrect pitch, however it has always been considered as one of the best. Only last year Naxos re-released it with pitch and speed corrected. I bet quite a few opera aficionados still prefer the wrong one.

it probably happens with a lot of scores ,only if it's Raiders then Neil will find it .Like the wrong tint of the Rebel Troopers shirts in the Star Wars DVD

It's seems that even I chose to ship the set with TDK 2CD together, Amazon still going to ship them separately. My Indy set should be shipped within a few days and the shipping to Hong Kong usually takes 1 week.

Moreover, Amazon charge me $41.99 and $6.49 for shipping.

Anyway, I will receive the set in 2 weeks.

It's seems that even I chose to ship the set with TDK 2CD together, Amazon still going to ship them separately.

That's because TDK 2 CD set will be released on December 9th.

It's seems that even I chose to ship the set with TDK 2CD together, Amazon still going to ship them separately.

That's because TDK 2 CD set will be released on December 9th.

they'll sometimes hold all the items until the last item is ready to ship, though.

I dunno if anyone should mess with the pitch on Raiders for such a tiny difference . I think our PC softwares to do this aren't good enough to do it without screwing up overrall sound quality.

Again,it sounds awesome to me.Thanks god it doesn't sound like the "fake leak"

John, I was running some errands this evening and just for laughs I went to several stores and no one had any of the sets.

Argh, this Indy score fast is really difficult, especially when reading this thread. My boxset can't get here soon enough...

Don't read the thread then.......:)

So...has anyone split the new Concord version of "Belly of the Steel Beast" in half so that they could insert "On the Tank"?

Because I don't have the tools to do it.

:):blink::blink:

Also, no one has seemed to mentioned that the Last Crusade cover art fills the entire cover, not just a small section of it like was shown in the press photos. I remember some people complaining about that..

Finally the set is going to be released in stores in Spain. In Fnac we have the boxset on the teradata at the prize of 40,75 euros (without offer, I´m sure when it will released it will cost like 5 or 6 euros less, so is not a bad prize) but I think it will have to wait to be released like a couple of weeks (we don´t have the order neither the number of copies yet...)

So...has anyone split the new Concord version of "Belly of the Steel Beast" in half so that they could insert "On the Tank"?

Because I don't have the tools to do it.

Audacity is good stuff.

And I was in two different stores today (to get The Clone Wars movie DVD), and I looked for the box set but didn't see it.

Hopefully mine will come tomorrow!

Another thing for those complaining the trombones in NightClub Brawl sound bad.

These are 20 + year old scores. Compared to any of the Star Wars OT releases these sound magnificent . Imagine if ToD sounded like the RotJ Special Edition?

Also, no one has seemed to mentioned that the Last Crusade cover art fills the entire cover, not just a small section of it like was shown in the press photos. I remember some people complaining about that..

Oh yeah?

That's neat. Can anyone post a picture?

Oh yeah?

post-1702-1226460865_thumb.jpg

So, if my CD Player is too lousy to hear any true faults from "Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi", I will not hear this supposedly lousy sound quality from the Box Set, then?

This box set sounds better than recently released OSTs ..A.I.,AotC,RotS...

I used to find Last Crusade a bit meh compared to the first 2 ,but here it is a true revelation .

Oh yeah?

Wait...not only does that not fill the entire cover, but it's off centered like the OST cover. So it is in fact worse than the press release photos.

So, if my CD Player is too lousy to hear any true faults from "Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi", I will not hear this supposedly lousy sound quality from the Box Set, then?

Frankly I don't know if you should blame your CD player or your ears.

This box set sounds better than recently released OSTs ..A.I.,AotC,RotS...

I used to find Last Crusade a bit meh compared to the first 2 ,but here it is a true revelation .

Then I will have no problem at all. Thank you for brightening my day.

:)

I should blame my right ear, if I am to blame my hearing (it might as well not exist).

Oh yeah?

Oh, it's just like the OST. I thought when you wrote that it "fills the entire cover" that there wouldn't be any white.

But thanks for taking the time to post the picture. Not a big complaint anyway.

I think joey225 was including the words "Indiana Jones" as part of the cover art (as technically, they are a part). I prefer the version in the press release, as even though it's smaller, it looks more natural.

But I think both are pretty bad, I wonder who hatched that brilliant idea.

Yes, but in these final hours of uncertainty, we must have something to speculate about, however insignificant that may be. In a few days everybody will have their set, and the anticipation will have slipped through our fingers. Let us cherish it while it lasts.