Indiana Jones: The Soundtracks Collection (official Thread)

Mr. Breathmask

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those of you who have a myspace (although I think even without one you can still look) at the link below you can see my album of pics I took of the new Indy set! :)

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?...;albumId=840159

haha ...as stated in the previous thread thanks for the pics, the packaging actually doesn't look too bad.

This box set sounds better than recently released OSTs ..A.I.,AotC,RotS...

I used to find Last Crusade a bit meh compared to the first 2 ,but here it is a true revelation .

Good to hear. I've always been one of LC's mix defenders but it's good to know it's even better now.

Oh, and I have to take issue, RotS doesn't deserve to be on that list, it sounds fine. One of Murphy's better jobs. AI and especally AotC, however, are unforgivable audio atrocities. Replace RotS with, say, Call of the Champions, and we're cool. :)

Another thing for those complaining the trombones in NightClub Brawl sound bad.

These are 20 + year old scores. Compared to any of the Star Wars OT releases these sound magnificent . Imagine if ToD sounded like the RotJ Special Edition?

Agreed.

So, if my CD Player is too lousy to hear any true faults from "Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi", I will not hear this supposedly lousy sound quality from the Box Set, then?

This box set sounds better than recently released OSTs ..A.I.,AotC,RotS...

I used to find Last Crusade a bit meh compared to the first 2 ,but here it is a true revelation .

Disagreed. Those scores sound like professional releases. There may be minor conventional/traditional recording based flaws, but the mastering is probably exactly as creatively intended.

What's wrong with "Call of the Champions?"

Other than the fact that the huge Mormon Tabernacle Choir sounds like three people in a very small closet? Or, as usual with Bad Murphy, the brass is almost nonexistent? Nothing at all, I guess.

About Approaching the Stones .

the Lego rip of the cue has 45 extra unreleased seconds before the Concord version starts.

Has this been noted??

What's the name of the Lego cue and is it clean?

Neil

What's wrong with "Call of the Champions?"

Other than the fact that the huge Mormon Tabernacle Choir sounds like three people in a very small closet? Or, as usual with Bad Murphy, the brass is almost nonexistent? Nothing at all, I guess.

Now that you mention it, the brass could be louder (though it is far from nonexistant), but I hear nothing wrong with the choir.

About Approaching the Stones .

the Lego rip of the cue has 45 extra unreleased seconds before the Concord version starts.

Has this been noted??

What's the name of the Lego cue and is it clean?

Neil

TD KALISTEMPLE A QUI

It has rumbling noises

Edit :oh wait they put that part at the end in the concord cue,sorry

Hi everyone.

I'm new here, but I have read the posts for quite a while and liked them a lot (finally some people who share my passion :D ).

I ordered my set at MovieMusic, and I hope it will get here by tomorrow (oh, I mean today, it's that late already); haven't had such a hard time waiting for something in ages. In fact, I couldn't resist to download a couple of Last Crusade cues (Father's study, To Austria, and, of course, Wrong choice, right choice), and I listen to them all the time and can't get enough. Music at its best :lol:

So far I've managed to stick to those 42-second samples from the other day, but I'm pretty sure I'm going straight to "Wrong Choice, Right Choice" as soon as I get the set.

I hope I'm not asking anything untoward, but how can I get the Lego music tracks (without owning the game, since I've nothing to play it on)?

I downloaded audacity and did the best I could with On The Tank/Steel Beast, and I separated Marcus is Captured/To Berlin also. With fade ins and fade outs the split isn't too bad.

I'll have to start on the TOD end credits tomorrow, I'm done editing for the night.

I downloaded audacity and did the best I could with On The Tank/Steel Beast, and I separated Marcus is Captured/To Berlin also. With fade ins and fade outs the split isn't too bad.

I'll have to start on the TOD end credits tomorrow, I'm done editing for the night.

I am tempted to do the same with Marcus is captured/To Berlin myself. I will never understand why these two cues were edited together. I mean, Journey to Austria is an even shorter cue left separate (and LB could well have merged it with the next cue in order, though I am glad he didn't). It's almost like mixing "Into the Catacombs" with the Iskenderun source music :lol:.

Well, admittedly a minor issue and probably easily resolved.

My redneck uncles used to call armadillo "poor man's pork."

Anyways, my set has shipped, and I'm waiting, and kind of glad I'm waiting. I know it's twisted, but I guess I'm enjoying stretching out the anticipation for as long as possible... like driving 5 miles an hour to Disneyland... :lol:

I have really restrained myself from downloading this set. I want to be able to enjoy opening the box set and popping in the discs, ripping them, sequencing them in order, then giving them a proper listen. I really can't wait for my copy to come, hopefully tomorrow (Wednesday) it's here.

Yeah, me to.

There's something about physically getting a CD and inserting it into the stereo for a first listen that really excites me. Especially when we're talking about a boxset, as opposed to your standard CD.

Yeah, me to.

There's something about physically getting a CD and inserting it into the stereo for a first listen that really excites me. Especially when we're talking about a boxset, as opposed to your standard CD.

Agreed.

I envy the thrill you're gonna have, Vosk, considering you never were into the Indy music very much. Yeeeeeehhaaa!

Thanks Indy... you just knew I'd have to do something to commemorate the boxset's release!

My local HMV has their copies in already!!!!! Albeit in their store room and it's a sackable offence to put them out early so unless anyone wants to join me and instigate "Operation extract Indy music box sets from HMV stock rooms" we'll still have to wait until next Mon!

does anyone know if the brass fast nazi theme from belly of the steel beast scene is contained in any of these tracks, or if it is unreleased? i did a film version edit and am missing that piece! it is 2:00 into it, when vogler is looking right at indy when he pops his head out of the tank. also, i need the piece at 2:17 into it, which sounds like string plucking. that is all i need to finish it! thanks for the help i really appreciate it, all of you! take care...

chris

I'm fairly sure that was recorded as an insert, and I doubt it's in the set.

That, or it's tracked from elsewhere in the score. I think Williams recorded lots of little fanfares of the Nazi march and the Raiders march for this purpose.

What is it with The Last Crusade, that you can hear the Clicktrack in so many cues on the Album????? :lol::D

Listen to "Death of Kazim"!!!

with headphones and listen carefully or with high volume on your stereo!

... like someone forgot to turn of the Metronome while recording!

Guys, really, these scores are 27, 24 and 19 years old respectively. They have been treated like crap by Lucasfilm's archive department and left to rot for decades. For many years we thought Temple's masters were lost or accidentally destroyed. And who knows, maybe the reason these aren't complete scores is because a lot of material has been lost.

Can we just end the bitching, please??? Laurent surely did the best that he could under the constraints. The more negative and petty we are about this set, the less likely we are at seeing further releases down the track. Think back to the Star Wars prequels UE scenario, and you'll realise you guys are your own worst enemies at getting what you want.

No, the click track is audible in that cue.

Neil

well why is that so? is that a common problem that can happen, do you know an answer?

also, what do you think od the sword trick.. I am sorry as great as it is, but I can't stand this reverb you get with the brass, it ruins it for me to some degree!

I really hope that you can interview aomeone attached to the production of this set sometime, your matessino interviews are great!

Can we just end the bitching, please??? Laurent surely did the best that he could under the constraints. The more negative and petty we are about this set, the less likely we are at seeing further releases down the track. Think back to the Star Wars prequels UE scenario, and you'll realise you guys are your own worst enemies at getting what you want.

Finally, a voice of reason and I agree.

nah come on..people at Lucasfilm really do what they want

how often have they released the Star Wars/Indy DVDs? How many Star Wars OT Boxes do we have??

You really think that they will release the Prequel Scores if we are nice and behave and are as cute and soft as a puppy??

In what world do you guys live?

This is a product, I am the costumer - there are flaws that are unbareable for some peoples tastes.. and it is perfectly fine that they say it!

Sony Classical not releasing AOTC because of some mails they recieved???

:lol:

Well, since doing our own edits is inevitable, I was wondering if anyone had any luck of getting a DVD rip of the "Anything Goes" moment for NIGHTCLUB BRAWL to overlay/mix correctly. I'm having an impossible time... even tried messing with pitches, etc. I always get pretty close, but not close enough!

When the announcements were made, I remember the possibility of the single releases being different was raised.

Since I have not followed this gigantic thread page after page and I have not seen anything on this subject in Ricardo & Jason's special site, could someone please tell me if an answer has been found?

The bonus disc includes extra cues, so the box set must be the way to go, but I would like to go nonetheless.

Incidentally, very silly me ordered some DVDs from amazon.co.uk last week, and forgot to include the set in the order; it would be cheaper than ordering from amazon.com; my order has already shipped, so I can't add it now. Darn.

Hopefully, the set will be available long enough for me to wait till I have more things to order from amazon.co.uk.

amazon.fr does not carry it. Stupid Frenchmen.

amazon.de does have it, though, and their s/h policy is more interesting that their British counterpart, so I may get it from them, with a few books I already have in my cart.

Well, since doing our own edits is inevitable, I was wondering if anyone had any luck of getting a DVD rip of the "Anything Goes" moment for NIGHTCLUB BRAWL to overlay/mix correctly. I'm having an impossible time... even tried messing with pitches, etc. I always get pretty close, but not close enough!

check your PM

I have done some volume corrections to it (pretty hard!) and actually mixed it over the Concord Version

oh,you mixed it over? I bet that's how it is in the film but we can't hear it.

Did you try replacing the section? would the transition sound more jarring?

oh,you mixed it over? I bet that's how it is in the film but we can't hear it.

Did you try replacing the section? would the transition sound more jarring?

I just didn't erase anything of the Concord background - I just overdubbed the Concord track with the DVD Rip. In between there are two trombone notes that didn't fit verywell with Overlay so I just LOWERED the Volume of the second part that plays in the backgroung.

I din't cut anything, I simply put it "above the rec and it fit perfectly! (you can even hear that those fast string figures from the concord set - continue to play!)