Indiana Jones: The Soundtracks Collection (official Thread)

Mr. Breathmask

What is it with The Last Crusade, that you can hear the Clicktrack in so many cues on the Album????? :lol::D

Listen to "Death of Kazim"!!!

with headphones and listen carefully or with high volume on your stereo!

... like someone forgot to turn of the Metronome while recording!

I remember how I listened the first time to the last Crusade CD in 1989, I was very annoyed by the clicking in "indys first adventure". I always thought that some player was involuntary tapping the rhythm with a foot or so, since the clicking came and went and was mostly present in the more lively, rhythmic passages. Now I realise that it may have been the clicktrack, but why is it not present over the entire cue?

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember how I listened the first time to the last Crusade CD in 1989, I was very annoyed by the clicking in "indys first adventure". I always thought that some player was involuntary tapping the rhythm with a foot or so, since the clicking came and went and was mostly present in the more lively, rhythmic passages. Now I realise that it may have been the clicktrack, but why is it not present over the entire cue?

my only guess is, that it was accidently on one Intruments rec channel and it is impossible to filter it out. maybe only in a few takes, BUT exactly those were the best?. maybe this was a technical error they had on that particular day and "First Adventure" and "Death of Kazim" were recorded on the same day.

By the way ..absoluetly amazing how great those pulsing horn notes sound, at the beginning of "To the Blimp".. never noticed that they had so much punch, before! :lol:

Come to think of it, most of the tracks from the LC boot I've had since 2000 or so have a steady click track sound in them, from about Kazim's death to the end of the movie. The OST tracks are clean, but the boot tracks get clicky and sound worse than they should. I had always attributed it to a scratch on the CD manifesting itself in the rip process. Great...

Hey guys!! I have a question to those who already have the set. Is that moment on the CD when the A-section of Raiders March is played by trombone, trumpet, clarinet, and woodswinds in turn? It's right after The Boat Scene, when the university is shown for the first time. I think that change in mood music-wise is VERY impressive! Only John Williams can come up with such an orchestration...

Also, does anyone else find it strange that the tap-dancing sounds are on Anything Goes? I mean, those are sound effects, right? I don't think JW tap-danced himself for that song!

:lol:

nah come on..people at Lucasfilm really do what they want

how often have they released the Star Wars/Indy DVDs? How many Star Wars OT Boxes do we have??

You really think that they will release the Prequel Scores if we are nice and behave and are as cute and soft as a puppy??

In what world do you guys live?

This is a product, I am the costumer - there are flaws that are unbareable for some peoples tastes.. and it is perfectly fine that they say it!

Sony Classical not releasing AOTC because of some mails they recieved???

I'm with Esther on this one. Even if they did release an UE of ATOC, all of us would buy it no matter what.

But they don't know that. In the soundtrack industry, the market is fairly niche as it is. What's a record label producer going to say then, when that specific niche sends in reams of hate mail declaring to boycott all future releases? Not release anything else targetted at them, obviously.

BTW, I'm not sure if anyone bothered to conifm whether those unused Lego cues were indeed They Stole The Children [Alternate], but they most definitely are. It begins from the shot of the Village elder, Indy and Shorty leaving the hut and walking towards the Sankara stone's usual resting place, and ends as Shorty climbs the mountain. It matches almost to a tee, but there might have been a few subtle edits here and there. Overall, it gives the scene a drastically different emotional texture, and is a wonderful cue. I can see why Spielberg asked for it to be changed though, and the replacement cue is equally as impressive. Nice to have both, though.

What is it with The Last Crusade, that you can hear the Clicktrack in so many cues on the Album????? :lol::D

Listen to "Death of Kazim"!!!

with headphones and listen carefully or with high volume on your stereo!

... like someone forgot to turn of the Metronome while recording!

On the original album for LC you can hear the click track on Indy's first Adventure.

I'm with Esther on this one. Even if they did release an UE of ATOC, all of us would buy it no matter what.

No, not for that mess. There's not enough unreleased music from AOTC that would justify buying that disaster of a film mix.

Well any tinkering with an audio track somehow degrades the quality, especially when you start getting into things like pitch correction, and stretching time out/condensing length.

I am tempted to do the same with Marcus is captured/To Berlin myself. I will never understand why these two cues were edited together. I mean, Journey to Austria is an even shorter cue left separate (and LB could well have merged it with the next cue in order, though I am glad he didn't). It's almost like mixing "Into the Catacombs" with the Iskenderun source music :lol: .

Well, admittedly a minor issue and probably easily resolved.

Not that easily, since the first 2 seconds of "To Berlin" are chopped off

does anyone know if the brass fast nazi theme from belly of the steel beast scene is contained in any of these tracks, or if it is unreleased? i did a film version edit and am missing that piece! it is 2:00 into it, when vogler is looking right at indy when he pops his head out of the tank. also, i need the piece at 2:17 into it, which sounds like string plucking. that is all i need to finish it! thanks for the help i really appreciate it, all of you! take care...

chris

Those 2 sections where recorded as inserts. The cues on the box set are William's original intended versions of the cues

http://www.indianajonesmusic.com/2008/11/i...usade-1989.html

One more thing .Is it possible that the previously unreleased part of Indy's Very First Adventure is an alternate ? It seems a bit different than the film/boot version

Nov 9 posts part 1

John Crichton says:

I just got my shipping confirmation. : D

--------------

Marc402 says:

Friday i guess for me as it according to the record store they will get it on the 14th , almost a week , oh how to survive , i've already watched KOTCS 3 times in the last 2 weeks aswell as TOD and will finish Crusade Again tonight, with the headphones on so i can listen to the music more carefully , RAIDERS doesn't really hold any more surprises for me anymore as i have seen it over 70 times by now [atleast 6 times a year minimum]

--------------

Kendal_Ozzel says:

QUOTE (Vosk @ Nov 8 2008, 05:01 PM) Well depending on what shipping you chose...if you went 2 day or free shipping. If you went 2 day then it'll be delivered via UPS and they still will deliver on Tuesday.

-----------------------------

Free. :(

QUOTE (king mark @ Nov 8 2008, 12:52 PM) for those intent on keeping the LC boot for the unreleased cues,I notice there is 2 version ,one with pitch corrected but terribly distorted and another one playing with higher pitch but relatively better sounding

I must have the former then. Is there a particular way to tell them apart without hearing them? Is it just higher pitch, or is it also faster (meaning shorter track times)?

--------------

Vosk says:

QUOTE (Kendal_Ozzel @ Nov 8 2008, 07:47 PM) QUOTE (Vosk @ Nov 8 2008, 05:01 PM) Well depending on what shipping you chose...if you went 2 day or free shipping. If you went 2 day then it'll be delivered via UPS and they still will deliver on Tuesday.

Free. :(

Ahhh okay then I think that's delivered via USPS. I don't remember I haven't done free shipping with Amazon in ages.

--------------

Nick Parker says:

Upon checking my (mother's) order, I noticed that they shipped earlier today, with a delivery estimate of the 11th of November, which will probably translate to Monday, knowing Amazon.com's conservative estimates.

--------------

richuk says:

I (and Maxxie too) will get it anytime in the w/b 17th.

I'm downloading it all as soon as it appears online on Monday though. I'm not waiting just because Concord delays it for a week over here, at least for a sanity check anyway.

--------------

Charlie Brigden says:

QUOTE (richuk @ Nov 9 2008, 12:19 AM) I (and Maxxie too) will get it anytime in the w/b 17th.

I will be as well.

--------------

king mark says:

QUOTE (Kendal_Ozzel @ Nov 8 2008, 06:47 PM) QUOTE (king mark @ Nov 8 2008, 12:52 PM) for those intent on keeping the LC boot for the unreleased cues,I notice there is 2 version ,one with pitch corrected but terribly distorted and another one playing with higher pitch but relatively better sounding

I must have the former then. Is there a particular way to tell them apart without hearing them? Is it just higher pitch, or is it also faster (meaning shorter track times)?

Can't check,I deleted the tracks of the bad sounding one. Make no mistake both sound horrible,only one less so

--------------

davros72 says:

Just got my confirmation from Amazon. I went with the free super saver shipping option, and they estimate arrival via USPS on Nov 15th, a Saturday. As I'm having it shipped to work (shhhhh!), I'm hoping it arrives at least a day earlier which my other free shipping purchases have lately, as we are closed on Saturdays and Sundays. But with my luckI probably won't see mine til Nov 17th. :(

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know what the price is for Amazon.com's mp3 downloads version of the set? I don't see a price on the page.

--------------

Nick Parker says:

Why would one purchase the MP3's when they are purchasing the actual Disks?

--------------

king mark says:

I had briefly warmed up to the idea of adding a few DVD rips into the mix (Like a True Believer) , but I am reverting to adding those in my "Indiana Jones (Still Unreleased)" itunes album.

So here's the only extra cues I will mix with the Concord set:

Desert Chase (DCC)

Marion in the Pit (DCC LP)

The Mummy Cave (Fake Leak)

ToD End Credits (Edit with RPO)

Over the Himalayas (Lego)

--------------

Charlie Brigden says:

QUOTE (king mark @ Nov 9 2008, 12:49 AM) I had briefly warmed up to the idea of adding a few decent DVD rip edits into the mix (Like a True Believer) , but I am reverting to adding those in my "Indiana Jones (Still Unreleased)" itunes album.

So here's the only extra cues I will mix with the Concord set:

Desert Chase (DCC)

Marion in the Pit (DCC LP)

The Mummy Cave (Fake Leak)

ToD End Credits (Edit with RPO)

Over the Himalayas (Lego)

I plan on doing the same, only adding the DCC Basket Game and the Shanghai, 1935 from the DVD.

--------------

Koray Savas says:

The only thing I will be adding is the DCC release into my iTunes.

--------------

John Crichton says:

QUOTE (davros72 @ Nov 8 2008, 06:31 PM) Just got my confirmation from Amazon. I went with the free super saver shipping option, and they estimate arrival via USPS on Nov 15th, a Saturday. As I'm having it shipped to work (shhhhh!), I'm hoping it arrives at least a day earlier which my other free shipping purchases have lately, as we are closed on Saturdays and Sundays. But with my luckI probably won't see mine til Nov 17th. :(

Amazon's estimates are super conservative. I always use free shipping, and almost always have my package a couple of days after they ship. I'm optimistic for Tuesday or Wednesday.

--------------

king mark says:

From Jeff at Intrada:

Unreleased:

The freaky-scary low men's chorus that plays when Indy approaches the statue in Temple Of Doom (right before he says we walk from here.") The rest of the music is on the CD "The Scroll / To Pankot Palace."

--------------

Neil S. Bulk says:

QUOTE (John Crichton @ Nov 8 2008, 05:22 PM) I'm optimistic for Tuesday or Wednesday.

You should really wait by your mailbox all day Tuesday for this.

Neil

--------------

John Crichton says:

If it wasn't for the little matter of going to work I just might do that. The holiday Monday doesn't help though, it might push it to Wednesday.

--------------

Vosk says:

QUOTE (Neil S. Bulk @ Nov 8 2008, 08:29 PM) QUOTE (John Crichton @ Nov 8 2008, 05:22 PM) I'm optimistic for Tuesday or Wednesday.

You should really wait by your mailbox all day Tuesday for this.

Neil

I don't get your sarcastic sense of humor lately...

--------------

Koray Savas says:

Earlier in the thread people said Veteran's Day was Tuesday. You say it's Monday. Which is it?

--------------

John Crichton says:

It's Tuesday, I'm reading my dates wrong.

--------------

Drax says:

The DCC double LP available anywhere?

--------------

John Crichton says:

I'd be surprised if it was, at least at a reasonable price since the DCC CD is long out of print. But a rip of Discovering the Ark can be gotten through the...usual channels.

--------------

Koray Savas says:

QUOTE (John Crichton @ Nov 8 2008, 08:36 PM) EDIT- High crimes and misdemeanors? Doing something as simple as getting days mixed up shows a human side that helps me relate to the common man.

As Secretary of Forum, I advise you to proofread before posting.

--------------

Taikomochi says:

QUOTE (Koray Savas @ Nov 8 2008, 09:11 PM) QUOTE (John Crichton @ Nov 8 2008, 08:36 PM) EDIT- High crimes and misdemeanors? Doing something as simple as getting days mixed up shows a human side that helps me relate to the common man.

As Secretary of Forum, I advise you to proofread before posting.

Vote Koray 2012!

--------------

Drax says:

He's been in bed with the far synth-wing Zimmer interest groups for too long. He can't be elected!

--------------

Kevin McCallister says:

MY BOXSET ARRIVED TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

: D : D : D : D : D : D : D : D : D

--------------

bruckhorn says:

Back in the day, Memorial Day was May 30, now it is observed the final Monday in May. It's possible that while Veteran's Day is November 11, it might be "observed" on the 10th.

--------------

Delorean90 says:

QUOTE (king mark @ Nov 8 2008, 08:27 PM) From Jeff at Intrada: Unreleased:"The freaky-scary low men's chorus that plays when Indy approaches the statue in Temple Of Doom (right before he says "we walk from here.") The rest of the music is on the CD "The Scroll / To Pankot Palace." I guess it's a small cue in between Short Round's Theme and The Scroll/To Pankot Palace .Anyways I completely forgot about that cue and nobody ever mentioned it here

No, it's part of the "To Pankot Palace" cue. Listening to it in film I can see how that choral moment might have been a late addition. If it's only the chorus missing, it's no big loss, and I suspect that what we'll get is unused music intended for that bit, i.e., leading into the percussion.

--------------

Drax says:

QUOTE (Kevin McCallister @ Nov 9 2008, 01:55 PM) MY BOXSET ARRIVED TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I probably won't see mine for a couple of weeks.

--------------

Vosk says:

QUOTE (Kevin McCallister @ Nov 8 2008, 10:55 PM) MY BOXSET ARRIVED TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You'll probably get quite a few PM's asking for links.

--------------

ST-321 says:

QUOTE (Jessie Lohner @ Nov 8 2008, 12:34 PM) So has anyone gotten an email saying that their set has been shipped?! : D

If it should arrive Tuesday...

Yes, mine has shipped. Too bad there is no mail delivery on Tuesday. :(

--------------

MattyO says:

Who else here is with SAE? Any news from that end?

--------------

Koray Savas says:

Come on guys, we gotta get this baby to 50 pages before Tuesday!!!

--------------

red_rabbit says:

I wonder if this will sell out before Christmas.

--------------

Mark Olivarez says:

QUOTE (MattyO @ Nov 8 2008, 09:31 PM) Who else here is with SAE? Any news from that end?

I haven't heard anything yet. I usually don't get a shipping announcement from SAE until the day it arrives in my mailbox.

--------------

Joey says:

I'm in no hurry to order mine, its really not a big priority.

--------------

Kevin McCallister says:

Okay guys, I've listened to everything and have a lot to talk about. I'll be making a HUGE post about this soon, one that will hopefully answer everyone's questions/rumors about the set.

--------------

MattyO says:

I look forward to it Kevin.

--------------

king mark says:

Hmmm, no new PM's

*goes back to sleep*

--------------

king mark says:

QUOTE (Vosk @ Nov 8 2008, 10:14 PM) QUOTE (Kevin McCallister @ Nov 8 2008, 10:55 PM) MY BOXSET ARRIVED TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It seems God has been sending the box to the pure of heart only

--------------

MattyO says:

Still it will be nice to read a competent review from someone who's been along with the ride with us.

--------------

king mark says:

there's still a few mysteries , like is there more alternate segments in Map/Out of Fuel...

--------------

king mark says:

QUOTE (Vosk @ Nov 8 2008, 10:14 PM) QUOTE (Kevin McCallister @ Nov 8 2008, 10:55 PM) MY BOXSET ARRIVED TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We don't need everything ,just previously unreleased material

--------------

ETAndElliot4Ever says:

in case you don't answer all questions Kevin McCallister, does the young Indy track from TLC include the music when his long ass blonde bangs fall in his face in the lion car?

--------------

king mark says:

I wouldn't even know what THAT is

--------------

ETAndElliot4Ever says:

drunk and coming to this board about the new Indy soundtrack set= that./

--------------

king mark says:

oh,I've been there

--------------

ETAndElliot4Ever says:

yeah no but really there''s unreleased music I'm pretty sure when he falls into the lion car in the train sequence. The bootleg doesnt have it, curious if this set actually will but considering the dude behind it botched "E.T. is Dying" I'm sure we'll even get some alternate take for the part where River Phoenix gets the fedora.

--------------

king mark says:

oooh ,that part...i'm with you now

Sounds like another one of those "inserts" to me .Could be missing.

--------------

MattyO says:

Any chance of getting the previously unreleased cues uploaded on YouTube for all to enjoy?

--------------

king mark says:

QUOTE (MattyO @ Nov 9 2008, 02:18 AM) Any chance of getting the previously unreleased cues uploaded on YouTube for all to enjoy?

only the previouly unreleased cues seems like the way to go (for example only those 3 cues from Raiders to save space) ,but You Tube is not the best way

--------------

MattyO says:

I only said youtube because I'm not sure I can be bothered downloading them and putting them in itunes if they become available, considering it shouldnt be too long a wait for the box.

--------------

scallenger says:

I don't know if I mentioned this anywhere yet, but for those who want the missing TOD bridge percussion, how are you guys going to go about editing it? I have the LEGO game files that feature the missing percussion, but most of it has too many bird chirps and jungle sounds for my tastes. The DVD rip of this section is actually devoid of any SFX and is pretty clear. The only thing the LEGO files have over it really is clarity of sound of course.

But either way you go about it, can it be made stand alone? I pretty much plan on just using the DVD rip, but the ending of the percussion leads right into the climax music (which is on the Concord release). I don't really want to edit it into it though. Any ideas?

--------------

Schookbaer says:

yes...

it is only one sample without the birdshieps... you must mix this with the clean beginning into the

DVD rip about 34,07 sec.

It works fine for me...

--------------

Jamesyboy says:

Regarding the The Rope Bridge...I don't know if anyone has noticed or not, but the Lego cue is not the full track...it's looped or something. Comparing it to the DVD rip, at about the the 58 sec mark (from when the rope bridge percussion starts), a small anvil, then shakers are introduced. Also, the timpani's have a constant roll, dip thing going. The the Lego rip has none of that (unless there is a rip that I don't have with it all on there).

Finally, my 2 cent's to this massive thread.

James - SOOOOOO looking forward to this set.

--------------

artyjeffrey says:

QUOTE (Joey @ Nov 9 2008, 12:11 AM) I'm in no hurry to order mine, its really not a big priority.

That's the way I feel, too. I got 99 problems, and an Indy boxset ain't one.

Still, I did order it.

One thing I wanted to ask, and it's something that bugged me a bit. We've all waited for so long for this, why would any of you check out the "leaked" version? And why would you even listen to sound clips? Getting all worked up over minor discrepancies changed nothing. This just might be the last big release from JW, don't you want to savor it?

I'm contemplating not even opening mine until Christmas, despite Mark's now-canonical declaration that this boxset was "more important than Christmas!" : )

--------------

Stefan Cosman says:

I agree.

--------------

Incanus says:

QUOTE (artyjeffrey @ Nov 9 2008, 11:15 AM) I'm contemplating not even opening mine until Christmas, despite Mark's now-canonical declaration that this boxset was "more important than Christmas!" : )

Self discipline is for children who have to wait for Christmas for presents. Adults have these really cool priviledges like getting everything right now and here and no self discipline.

--------------

Kevin McCallister says:

Okay, here goes:

--"Indy Rides the Statue" is indeed the film version of the track as it's been widely reported now. Excellent usage of the swinging motif from "In the Idol's Temple."

--As we all know by now, "Desert Chase" is edited and contains brief edits at 0:23, 1:36 (very short, the next cue just cuts in quicker), 2:08, 4:34, 4:46, 5:03, 5:20, and 5:39. And I hate to say it, but some of these edits are VERY jarring.

--Unlike the DCC, "The Medallion" and "Miracle of the Ark" have clean openings, while the cues that precede them, "Journey to Nepal" and "Indy Follows the Ark," have clean endings.

-- "The Nightclub Brawl" does NOT include any of the big band statements of "Anything Goes." It appears that this was overlaid as source music.

--"Map/Out of Fuel" does include the alternative movement of the "Map" segment, as others have pointed out. Whether or not this is a full fledged alternate or simply the film version without the required insert appears unknown.

--"Trek to Pankot Palace" is complete, but seems to have the same issue as "Map/Out of Fuel"; it's either an alternate, or there was a new insert recorded for the segment where Indy walks up to the statue; here, it's scored differently and does not featur

--If you listen closely to the start of "Broken Bridge/British Relief" you can hear the very last note of the "Bridge" music. This may mean that the two tracks were recorded together. "Indy is Alive" is included on the track.

--"Return to the Village" plays exactly as heard in the film, right up to where the credits roll. The 0:26 which feature the Raiders March and the Short Round counterpoint remains unreleased.

--The End Credits on Disc 2 for TOD are exactly like the OST's.

--There are lots of cool unused bits of TOD music in some of the tracks, which I will not spoil (though I will say that a certain liquid track has some of the most interesting unused bits).

--Oddly enough, the "Raiders March" at the start of Disc 5 lacks the "coda" which we had on the DCC (it is included in the End Credits track on disc 1). This begs the question: "Why include this track at all?" With the coda now on the end credits, it's ba

--The edit from "Marcus is Captured" into "To Berlin" isn't bad, but we completely lose the opening note of "To Berlin." Kinda disappointing; why did they have to be combined?

That's about the gist of the controversies (I hope).

Despite some of my criticisms of the presentation of the set, I'm really quite pleased with it. There's a LOT of GREAT music here, and it's been an absolute joy to hear it for the first time like this. I think you'll all be pleasantly surprised with the set once you get it. The sound quality is terrific (TLC, especially if you've been stuck listening to the crappy bootleg for years, is almost a revelation in how great it sounds) and the new music is fantastic (Short Round Helps, my most anticipated track, delivers in spades!).

Make no mistake; it's a great time to be a Williams fan and an even better time to be an Indiana Jones fan. Enjoy!

--------------

Neil S. Bulk says:

Are Spielberg's notes from the original albums included?

Neil

Nov 9 part 2

Kevin McCallister says:

QUOTE (Neil S. Bulk @ Nov 8 2008, 09:15 PM) Are Spielberg's notes from the original albums included?

Neil

Yes. In fact, each album contains it's own small booklet with Spielberg's note, photos, a page for the track listing, performer credits, and album credits. This is in addition to the separate booklet of pictures.

--------------

davros72 says:

Thanks for your writeup, Kevin! I cannot wait to hear this in all its glory! : D

--------------

FrankV says:

QUOTE (Kevin McCallister @ Nov 9 2008, 11:08 AM) --Oddly enough, the "Raiders March" at the start of Disc 5 lacks the "coda" which we had on the DCC (it is included in the End Credits track on disc 1). This begs the question: "Why include this track at all?" With the coda now on the end credits, it's basically recycled music. It's also edited differently than the DCC; it's the same up until 1:42, than it cuts BACK to what we hear at 5:29 in the end credits on disc 1, then plays out all the way to the ending, without the coda. Sure, it's a great opening, but someone really dropped the ball editing this.

The original Raiders album included this track at the end.

--------------

Neil S. Bulk says:

QUOTE (Kevin McCallister @ Nov 9 2008, 01:22 AM) QUOTE (Neil S. Bulk @ Nov 8 2008, 09:15 PM) Are Spielberg's notes from the original albums included?

Neil

Yes. In fact, each album contains it's own small booklet with Spielberg's note, photos, a page for the track listing, performer credits, and album credits. This is in addition to the separate booklet of pictures.

Many thanks!

Now how's that interview track?

Neil

--------------

oierem says:

QUOTE (Kevin McCallister @ Nov 9 2008, 10:08 AM) Okay, here goes:

--"Trek to Pankot Palace" is complete, but seems to have the same issue as "Map/Out of Fuel"; it's either an alternate, or there was a new insert recorded for the segment where Indy walks up to the statue; here, it's scored differently and does not featur

And does it feature the percussion as heard in the film? Or is it a completely different music?

--------------

crumbs says:

What about the creepy 'jungle' moaning sounds (hard to explain) that overlay the percussion? Maybe that's SFX and not music.

Also, how is the sound quality of the old Crusade tracks? Has there been a noticeable improvement over the OST? This is the biggest selling point for me..

--------------

fommes says:

QUOTE (Kevin McCallister @ Nov 9 2008, 10:22 AM) QUOTE (Neil S. Bulk @ Nov 8 2008, 09:15 PM) Are Spielberg's notes from the original albums included?

Neil

Good news, that liberates me from ever having to learn Japanese.

--------------

Luke Skywalker says:

QUOTE (Kevin McCallister @ Nov 9 2008, 10:08 AM) --If you listen closely to the start of "Broken Bridge/British Relief" you can hear the very last note of the "Bridge" music. This may mean that the two tracks were recorded together.

That is lousy. The full cue fitted on the CD!

Thanks for the info Kevin!

--------------

king mark says:

Well, almost everything mentionned is a non issue to me (such as missing the clean opening of To Berlin) .The biggie remains the lack of the opening of the ToD End Credits . Map/ Out of Fuel would also be if it wasn't for the Lego game.

--------------

crumbs says:

I don't understand. Lucasarts paid reuse fees for more Temple music for the video games, which could have been added to this release free of charge? I don't understand.

--------------

king mark says:

There's about 30 minutes left unreleased not counting KotCS

--------------

oierem says:

And there are about 30 minutes of Disc 5 wasted....

--------------

Maxxie says:

--"Indy Rides the Statue" is indeed the film version of the track as it's been widely reported now. Excellent usage of the swinging motif from "In the Idol's Temple."

Sounds good.

--As we all know by now, "Desert Chase" is edited and contains brief edits at 0:23, 1:36 (very short, the next cue just cuts in quicker), 2:08, 4:34, 4:46, 5:03, 5:20, and 5:39. And I hate to say it, but some of these edits are VERY jarring.

Ridiculous decision, especially since the full cue would've fit on the CD. :rolleyes: At least you can get the cue from the DCC release, but I feel sorry for the poor people who can't get hold of a copy.

--Unlike the DCC, "The Medallion" and "Miracle of the Ark" have clean openings, while the cues that precede them, "Journey to Nepal" and "Indy Follows the Ark," have clean endings.

I can't remember these cues on the DCC, but they sound good.

-- "The Nightclub Brawl" does NOT include any of the big band statements of "Anything Goes." It appears that this was overlaid as source music.

Big disappointment (for me anyway). :angry: Presumably the rest of this cue is the same as the film?

--"Map/Out of Fuel" does include the alternative movement of the "Map" segment, as others have pointed out. Whether or not this is a full fledged alternate or simply the film version without the required insert appears unknown.

Interesting. At least we have the film cue from other sources (and it's just as well). This track sounds nice, I will be interested to hear it. : )

--"Indy and the Villagers" contains essentially one and a half tracks. It contains "A Plea for Help" and the first 1:25 of what we've been led to believe is "They Stole Their Children." The track basically ends after Indy has said, "They Stole Their Child

I don't know much about these tracks so I can't say much. No big deal for me.

Hmmmm. I'm not too familiar with this track, so I probably wouldn't know any different anyway.

--If you listen closely to the start of "Broken Bridge/British Relief" you can hear the very last note of the "Bridge" music. This may mean that the two tracks were recorded together. "Indy is Alive" is included on the track.

As previously said, this is lousy. We could've easily had the full bridge confrontation here. I would've thought that the bridge percussion and the broken bridge were recorded seperately though? Nice to see Indy is alive on the end. How does this track finish? In the movie it overlaps with the beginning of "Return To The Village".

--"Return to the Village" plays exactly as heard in the film, right up to where the credits roll. The 0:26 which features the Raiders March and the Short Round counterpoint remains unreleased.

Half of this is most pleasing, but it must have been harder for them to edit the 0:26 seconds out than to just leave it in, especially since there was/is room for it! :rolleyes:

--The End Credits on Disc 2 for TOD are exactly like the OST's.

:rolleyes: Oh well, maybe one day. But why repeat the same music twice? What a waste of space.......

--You will find yourself musically frustrated with the isolation of some of the tracks as opposed to them being combined (the biggest offender being "Map/Out of Fuel" and "Slalom at Mt. Humol," yikes).

This sounds worrying........

--Oddly enough, the "Raiders March" at the start of Disc 5 lacks the "coda" which we had on the DCC (it is included in the End Credits track on disc 1). This begs the question: "Why include this track at all?" With the coda now on the end credits, it's ba

This should make for an interesting listen!

--The edit from "Marcus is Captured" into "To Berlin" isn't bad, but we completely lose the opening note of "To Berlin." Kinda disappointing; why did they have to be combined?

What's the point? Again, another glaring error!

Despite some of my criticisms of the presentation of the set, I'm really quite pleased with it. There's a LOT of GREAT music here, and it's been an absolute joy to hear it for the first time like this. I think you'll all be pleasantly surprised with the set once you get it. The sound quality is terrific (TLC, especially if you've been stuck listening to the crappy bootleg for years, is almost a revelation in how great it sounds) and the new music is fantastic ("Short Round Helps," my most anticipated track, delivers in spades!).

Yeah, even after all that moaning I still can't wait to hear it. I'd rather have expanded versions that don't quite hit the mark than not have them at all! : D

--------------

king mark says:

QUOTE (Maxxie @ Nov 9 2008, 07:20 AM) --"Map/Out of Fuel" does include the alternative movement of the "Map" segment, as others have pointed out. Whether or not this is a full fledged alternate or simply the film version without the required insert appears unknown.

I think it's afull fledge alternate. I tried editing the insert in the sample and it doesn't work

There is one question left unanswered :

Is the opening segment as Indy puts his hat on his face included ?

--------------

phbart says:

I hope we can get the Lego games rip in lossless soon...

--------------

king mark says:

Thet don't exist. There were OGG files

--------------

phbart says:

At least not recompressed to 192kbps mp3...

And how do you know they are in ogg?

--------------

richuk says:

From everything I've read, the set sounds pretty damn good. I've heard some clips of unreleased material and they sound great. I'm very thankful we're getting this set.

Howeverrrrr.... my gripes remain as follows:

Desert Chase edits - I didn't realise there were more than one edit. For a set that's supposed to be expanding on these great scores and presenting them in a definitive light, I find this an unacceptable choice to be honest - there's room on the disk, and we as fans should not have to go looking for other releases to get the full version of this that has been put on past albums.

Bridge Percussion - there's room on the disk, it was apparently recorded with the cue that follows it, and it's a great build-up to the sequence.

Temple End Credits - I'm not as worked up about this as some people, but if it gets to a set like this, with no space issues at all, and they still cannot give us the whole thing without having to use additional sources, they've messed up.

I'll say it again - I'm very, very thankful for this set. The improved sound quality, and the fact that there are no major omissions is excellent, but it does still remain that Laurent/whoever compiled it made some stupid decisions, and didn't even try to give us as much music as capacity allowed.

--------------

MattyO says:

Obviously some baffling choices have been made on the part of Bourzerou and Williams, however until recently I was blissfully unaware of any discrepancies on the ET 20th Anniversary album. The problem is that now I'm a member of this website all the issues come front and centre so much that I cannot escape them. Upon first listening I will try and block out all my previous memories of this music and just listen to it like someone who has never heard the music away from the films...

I reckon I'll make it to Track 16 of Disc 1 and then this method will go out the window. I am now practically unable to listen to the edited/OST version of The Jungle Chase and I have tried to steer clear of the DCC Desert Chase to erase it from my memory, but every time it comes up on my iPod I simply cannot skip it. Damn those opening trombone bursts!

--------------

crumbs says:

There's FLACs of the DCC Desert Chase out there, in perfect, crisp quality. Come on guys, as if anyone is going to go to the trouble of putting these new CDs in their CD players to listen to the music. Everyone is going to rip them or burn them to another CD, to keep them in pristine quality.

And it is NOT hard to make playlists nowadays that come from multiple sources, so the whole Desert Chase thing is a non-issue for me. Frankly, I'm 100% content with Raiders. It's only Temple and Doom that I'd lose a bit of sleep over, but we do have the Lego rips to keep us satisfied.

--------------

phbart says:

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think we can only benefit from two tracks of the Lego rip: the map scene and the bridge percussion...

--------------

king mark says:

you want to keep They Stole the Children alt

--------------

Maxxie says:

I have the bridge percussion on a rip from the film and it sounds good to my ears, so I'm not too fussed. It still should've been on the set though. <_<

--------------

phbart says:

So, to all accounts, we only have the map scene as a "bonus".

king mark says:

QUOTE (phbart @ Nov 9 2008, 08:05 AM) So, to all accounts, we only have the map scene as a "bonus".

from Lego yes

--------------

crumbs says:

The KOTCS cues have polished up very nicely with a bit of work. I'd love to do some work on the Lego cues, and also inserting some more unreleased bits from Temple into an Expanded Expanded CD. Someone would need to supply me with uncompressed NTSC DVD audio rips though... then again, we could just wait for Blu-ray or the inevitable isolated Blu-ray scores.

--------------

crumbs says:

But I'd love to make End Credits complete, insert the alternate into 'Fast Streets of Shanghai', cut 'Map' film version into the 'Map/Out of Fuel' cue, and try to salvage the bridge percussion somehow.

And also tack 'They Stole the Children' to the end of 'Indy and The Villagers', and 'The Village' onto the end of 'Slalom on Mt. Humol'. And depending on how annoying the clean ends/opens of all the cues are, probably combine a couple of those, too.

--------------

king mark says:

I ave a problem with adding rear channel rips/ Lego files with insect noises into the Concord set. That is why I made a different album with Still Unreelased Music

The only thing usable from ToD is Map insert and End Credit Edit w/ RPO for me.

--------------

Maxxie says:

QUOTE (king mark @ Nov 9 2008, 01:32 PM) The only thing usable from ToD is Map insert and End Credit Edit w/ RPO for me.

I have the complete Bridge Percussion (or "Bridge Confrontation" as I've named it) cue and it's completely clean and good quality.

The only problem is that it doesn't have a clean ending, and it would have to be mixed into "The Broken Bridge/British Relief" from the Concord set.

--------------

MissPadmé says:

QUOTE (phbart @ Nov 9 2008, 01:35 PM) At least not recompressed to 192kbps mp3...

And how do you know they are in ogg?

uhmm maybe he has the files on his PC and can see what fileextension it has? :blink:

I have the game at home for PC and they are ogg believe me

--------------

king mark says:

None of the versions I've heard are clean .there's wind noises

--------------

Maxxie says:

QUOTE (king mark @ Nov 9 2008, 01:42 PM) None of the versions I've heard from Bridge Percussion are clean .there's wind noises

I've just listened to it again, and you would have to listen very very very hard to notice wind noises (I can't hear them).

--------------

Maxxie says:

QUOTE (MissPadmé @ Nov 9 2008, 01:42 PM) I have the game at home for PC and they are ogg believe me

What other music is there in the games that isn't available on CD then? Any important bits?

--------------

crumbs says:

Children alternate, Bridge perc, Map.

That's it.

--------------

Maxxie says:

QUOTE (crumbs @ Nov 9 2008, 02:03 PM) Children alternate, Bridge perc, Map.

That's it.

When you say Children 'alternate', do you mean alternate to what's in the film or the cd? I.e which one is the film version?

--------------

J Dan says:

I'm not sure what the film version is, but as to the alternate from the Lego game:

QUOTE TD PANKOTSECRETS A QUI/TD PANKOTSECRETS B QUI -- This is a huge find: an ALTERNATE version of "They Stole The Children", with MUCH greater emphasis on the Sankara Stones theme. In fact, this is a lengthier, more developed treatment of this theme than actually appears in the finished film! The merged file is 3:22, and sounds like a continuous recording. Again, an absolutely extraordinary find!

http://jwfan.com/forums/index.php?showtopi...st&p=443349 (John Takis' full post on the Lego game music files.)

--------------

king mark says:

What's the first 56 seconds of TO PANCKOTSECRETS B QUI :I do not recognise this ,and the ending too

--------------

Neil S. Bulk says:

QUOTE (king mark @ Nov 9 2008, 04:27 AM) Is the opening segment as Indy and Willie argue then he puts his hat over his face included ?

The cue picks up exactly where "Fast Streets of Shanghai" leaves off.

Neil

--------------

Nick Parker says:

QUOTE (crumbs @ Nov 9 2008, 05:55 AM) There's FLACs of the DCC Desert Chase out there, in perfect, crisp quality. Come on guys, as if anyone is going to go to the trouble of putting these new CDs in their CD players to listen to the music. Everyone is going to rip them or burn them to another CD, to keep them in pristine quality.

And it is NOT hard to make playlists nowadays that come from multiple sources, so the whole Desert Chase thing is a non-issue for me. Frankly, I'm 100% content with Raiders. It's only Temple and Doom that I'd lose a bit of sleep over, but we do have the Lego rips to keep us satisfied.

That is a rather presumptious statement to make....

--------------

king mark says:

not really

--------------

Nick Parker says:

You assume too much.

--------------

Charlie Brigden says:

Only for non soundtrack geeks. I think you'd be hard-pressed to find anyone here who isn't going to assemble their own individual expanded OSTs, especially with some music being on disc five.

--------------

Nick Parker says:

Where is Mark....

--------------

king mark says:

The only way not to get the DCC version of Desert Chase is if you are categorically against downloading or trading any file.

--------------

Vosk says:

I still think some of you are being too critical about this box set. If some of you are really that pissed off about some of the cues, why bother getting the set then? :blink:

As pointed out you can easily get a flac rip of "Desert Chase" from the DCC version of Raiders (which I have done) so it's not all that really worth bitching about.

--------------

Maurizio Caschetto says:

I'm enormously grateful to have more Indy music finally released and widely available. It's a blessing for us and for all the lovers of great film music.

That being said, I think it's fair to notice that the product seems to follow the recent Lucasfilm marketing philosophy of "give 'em what they want, but in the cheapest possible way". However, I don't want to bash Concord and Bouzereau for some of the odd choices they made in compiling this boxset. I'm sure they did all they were able to do with the resources available, also considering they had to get the approval stamp from many of the people involved.

I find very strange that Lucasfilm marketing department continues to underestimate the importance and the real core value of their immensely successful properties, in this case the music which helped a lot these films to become the hugely pop culture items they are.

In the (little) world of soundtrack collecting, we have seen lots of releases treated with the due respect in recent years. New Line, for example, showed great respect and consideration of the musical value of their Lord of the Rings property, producing items both aimed to the niche of soundtrack collectors AND the wide audience. It's just a bit sad that LFL marketing and PR honchos continue to take the minimum required effort in taking care of some of the most important asset of their property.

Music isn't just a matter of money or publicity. It's something that deals with art and culture as well.

--------------

king mark says:

I don't think it was the cheapest way possible .The TPM UE was that . Just re-releasing the old OSTs would have been that

I really think Bouzereau is the one who makes odd choices according to his own preferences. Again,the proof is E.T. expanded with alternates, wrong takes and missing cues that would have fit on the c.d. anyways. It's either his personal preference or lack of attention to small detail

--------------

Maurizio Caschetto says:

Of course I was stressing the concept to the limit to explain clearly the sense of my thoughts. I'm sure the boxset isn't produced as a cheap item, but surely it isn't the same caliber of the SW Anthology or the LOTR Complete Recordings.

--------------

king mark says:

we stil don't know the full story

Did Williams himself have an imput?

Was it a re-use fee thing again?

--------------

tjguitar says:

QUOTE but surely it isn't the same caliber of the SW Anthology

Except for the lack of an excellent booklet, It' say it pretty much is....

--------------

Vosk says:

Hey Kevin is disc 5 actually in a digipack or is it in a cardboard thing like someone over on FSM reported?

--------------

king mark says:

yeah,I agree it's at least equal to the SW Anthology Box Set .Again the Anthology had plenty of wrong takes,and it was assembled by people who know film music

--------------

Maurizio Caschetto says:

QUOTE (king mark @ Nov 9 2008, 07:07 PM) I really think Bouzereau is the one who makes odd choices according to his own preferences. Again,the proof is E.T. expanded with alternates, wrong takes and missing cues that would have fit on the c.d. anyways. It's either his personal preference or lack of attention to small detail.

No, I don't think Laurent Bouzereau is the one to blame. We don't have the insider info about this release, so we can only speculate, but, who knows, maybe at the early stages Bouzereau proposed to LFL a boxset with the complete scores, but someone nixed the idea. They gave him a budget and then he had to work out the best possible presentation with the resources available. In this sense, yes, I think re-use fees were kind of an issue.

--------------

Nick Parker says:

If the interview on the Fifth Disk is 20 minutes long, then that means that it is not just an "audio version" of the music featurette found on the 2003 Indiana Jones Trilogy DVD. What if it reveals insight to someof the "odder" choices in assembling this Box Set?

--------------

Maurizio Caschetto says:

QUOTE (king mark @ Nov 9 2008, 07:16 PM) yeah,I agree it's at least equal to the SW Anthology Box Set .Again the Anthology had plenty of wrong takes,and it was assembled by people who know film music. If the Anthology came out now we'd be tearing it a new one by now.

In this sense, I agree with you. It seems we all have become much more demanding about these things. If this Indy boxset would have been released this way 10 or 15 years ago, we would have only celebrate it without nit-picking anything. I find the abscence of a good booklet with track-by-track analysis the only major omission, more than the still missing music.

However, it all depends on the budget and the resources available. The SW Anthology was produced with a tighter budget in comparison with the superduper Special Edition 2-CD sets.

--------------

Taikomochi says:

I just ordered my set for $37 with free 2 day shipping. yay!

--------------

Nick Parker says:

Good deal.

No, not for that mess. There's not enough unreleased music from AOTC that would justify buying that disaster of a film mix.

I MIGHT buy it again that's MIGHT. I for one would rather them release the intended edition for the Prequels as they are far superior than the hacked up jobs we hear in the film.

Nov 9 part 3

tjguitar says:

I'm far too lazy to "make my own edit", beyond simply changing the playlist around. Hopefully somebody with the time and desire will share the 'agreed-upon' edit with everyone else. Of course, I might just prefer the album listening experience anyway!

--------------

king mark says:

QUOTE (Jason LeBlanc @ Nov 9 2008, 01:32 PM) I don't consider "Shanghai 1935" or the "Anything Goes" sections of "Nighclub Brawl" to be source music. In the case of the latter, it was clearly just a case of it was impractical to record both pieces at the same time, so the Anything Goes overdubs were recording separately. I mean, the chorus in "Approaching The Stones" was recorded separate from the rest of the orchestra, but they still properly mixed that back into the cue. The Anything Goes sections of Nightclub brawl (and chorus of "To Pankot Palace") should be there too

no,what I mean is that it is SOURCE music and not underscore because the band is playing it on stage. .The only statement of Anything Goes that is part of the underscore is the tense one on strings at the end of the cue.

With Approaching the Stones there is no choir chanting around Indy in the movie

--------------

king mark says:

QUOTE (Jason LeBlanc @ Nov 9 2008, 01:32 PM) QUOTE (king mark @ Nov 7 2008, 08:05 PM) I don't like rear channel rips and I'm very fussy about what I will use, but I;ve decided to use these because they are truly clean and even sounding:

Shanghai 1935

The Maharaja/The Feast (shortened a bit because of some dialogue echos)

Why not the Fast Streets missing section?

I changed my mind .Those 2 cues based on rips will go in my "Still Unreleased" separate album. I tried the insert in Shanghai but I notice the SQ difference too much

--------------

Maurizio Caschetto says:

QUOTE (king mark @ Nov 9 2008, 07:38 PM) no,what I mean is that it is SOURCE music and not underscore because the band is playing it on stage. .The only statement of Anything Goes that is part of the underscore is the tense one on strings at the end of the cue.

I think that sequence is a well-done example of a blend between underscore and source music. Of course the "Anything Goes" quotations during the brawl were conceived as the band was playing it, but the absurdity of the situation cross the lines between the two. Williams is clearly playing with sly humor on the conventions of these techniques. It's not that different from the "Swing Swing Swing" sequence in 1941, where the swinging band piece is both source music AND scoring.

--------------

Charlie Brigden says:

Maybe someone from JWFan or FSM should request an interview with Bouzereau to see why the choices were made and who made them.

--------------

oierem says:

I never understand all the fuss about being source music or not. Some people seem to think that all source music is inconsecuential to the soundtrack.

There's a lot of great "source "cues, such as Cantina Band, which are integral to the soundtrack.

Thug Ceremony is another example of GREAT music and some people don't care for it just because it is source music. Personally, I don't care if the source of the music is on screen or not; I wish I had all music composed by Williams.

--------------

fommes says:

Wow! Ricard, nice work, thanks!

--------------

Henry Buck says:

My set has arrived!

--------------

Marc402 says:

QUOTE (king mark @ Nov 9 2008, 07:38 AM) I've listened to a DVD rip of Night Club Brawl. I understand why the big band arrangemt of Anything Goes will be missing ,it's clearly source music alternating with the underscore. But the last statement on strings right at the end SHOULD be there ,because that is 100% part of the actual score cue.

just listened to a rip of the track , with the last statement you mean where the icebucket fals over and mixes with the diamond right ?

I thought the rendition of anything goes was longer , i will still miss it but it was only a small portion of the actual track wich luckily has many other highlights that will be included. I especialy like the statement , wehen they sit at the table and the coins and the diamond are being placed from one hand to the other.

--------------

fommes says:

Good for you, enjoy! Let us know what you think when you get back from your stereo in a few days.

--------------

tjguitar says:

I am pleased that they didn't inlcude the anything goes source music. The less Cole Porter for more JW is good with me : )

--------------

Maxxie says:

QUOTE (Henry Buck @ Nov 9 2008, 07:12 PM) My set has arrived!

Lucky you! :rolleyes::angry:

--------------

Henry Buck says:

You may find this of interest:

QUOTE Mastered by Patricia Sullivan Fourstar at Bernie Grundman Mastering, Hollywood, CA

I've never heard of her, but clearly she did a good job!

--------------

Mark Olivarez says:

QUOTE (Maurizio Caschetto @ Nov 9 2008, 12:18 PM) QUOTE (king mark @ Nov 9 2008, 07:07 PM) I really think Bouzereau is the one who makes odd choices according to his own preferences. Again,the proof is E.T. expanded with alternates, wrong takes and missing cues that would have fit on the c.d. anyways. It's either his personal preference or lack of attention to small detail.

No, I don't think Laurent Bouzereau is the one to blame (if there's someone to "blame" for anything). We don't have the insider info about this release, so we can only speculate, but, who knows, maybe at the early stages Bouzereau proposed to LFL a boxset with the complete scores, but someone nixed the idea. They gave him a budget and then he had to work out the best possible presentation with the resources available. In this sense, yes, I think re-use fees were kind of an issue.

I started a thread several weeks ago that linked back to the rec.music discussions from the early 90's where Lukas Kendall explained the assembly of the Anthology.

Some of you might want to read it.

--------------

king mark says:

QUOTE (Marc402 @ Nov 9 2008, 02:13 PM) just listened to a rip of the track , with the last statement you mean where the icebucket fals over and mixes with the diamond right ?

no just before they jump out the window

--------------

king mark says:

QUOTE (tjguitar @ Nov 9 2008, 02:15 PM) I am pleased that they didn't inlcude the anything goes source music. The less Cole Porter for more JW is good with me : )

Yes,I would take the corresponding Williams unused underscore over the Cole Porter anytime

--------------

Henry Buck says:

QUOTE (king mark @ Nov 9 2008, 02:24 PM) Yes,I would take the corresponding Williams unused underscore over the Cole Porter anytime

It isn't Cole Porter, it's Williams channeling Porter. Even though the quotations of "Anything Goes" serve a vaguely diagetic function, they're absolutely supposed to be part of the underscore.

--------------

Henry Buck says:

And I freaking love Cole Porter, anyway. ; )

--------------

king mark says:

Hopefully I will get this set before the end of the month. Seems they're in no hurry to ship copies to Amazon Canada

--------------

Henry Buck says:

I can't get over how good this sound quality is. There's a part in "The Basket Game" where a bass drum pretty much explodes. The DCC didn't give us that punchiness!

--------------

Mark Olivarez says:

The DCC does sound thin compared to other recordings.

--------------

Maxxie says:

QUOTE (Henry Buck @ Nov 9 2008, 07:39 PM) I can't get over how good this sound quality is. There's a part in "The Basket Game" where a bass drum pretty much explodes. The DCC didn't give us that punchiness!

What's Indy In Pursuit/Desert Chase like? Very jarring?

--------------

king mark says:

So should we take the Concord Desert Chase and re-edit in the missing sections from the DCC classics??

--------------

Kevin McCallister says:

QUOTE (Neil S. Bulk @ Nov 8 2008, 10:37 PM) QUOTE (Kevin McCallister @ Nov 9 2008, 01:22 AM) QUOTE (Neil S. Bulk @ Nov 8 2008, 09:15 PM) Are Spielberg's notes from the original albums included?

Neil

Many thanks!

Now how's that interview track?

Neil

I fell asleep listening to it last night. I think that says it all. ; )

--------------

Kevin McCallister says:

QUOTE (oierem @ Nov 8 2008, 10:44 PM) QUOTE (Kevin McCallister @ Nov 9 2008, 10:08 AM) Okay, here goes:

And does it feature the percussion as heard in the film? Or is it a completely different music?

It's completely different music. The percussion w hear on the album is different from the film. It still has a distinctive tribal sound to it, but it's not what we hear in the film.

--------------

Schookbaer says:

QUOTE My set has arrived!

You are Lucky... :rolleyes:

I wish you a good listen experience the next few days!!

--------------

Kevin McCallister says:

QUOTE (crumbs @ Nov 8 2008, 10:48 PM) What about the creepy 'jungle' moaning sounds (hard to explain) that overlay the percussion? Maybe that's SFX and not music.

Also, how is the sound quality of the old Crusade tracks? Has there been a noticeable improvement over the OST? This is the biggest selling point for me..

I believe those are just SFX. The chorus that accompanies that moment in the film is not heard on the album.

--------------

Kevin McCallister says:

QUOTE (king mark @ Nov 9 2008, 01:27 AM) QUOTE (Maxxie @ Nov 9 2008, 07:20 AM) --"Map/Out of Fuel" does include the alternative movement of the "Map" segment, as others have pointed out. Whether or not this is a full fledged alternate or simply the film version without the required insert appears unknown.

I think it's afull fledge alternate. I tried editing the insert in the sample and it doesn't work

Is the opening segment as Indy and Willie argue then he puts his hat over his face included ?

Yes. It sounds very good too. In the film, it's very dialed down so we really don't hear it until Indy puts the hat on. A very nice moment. : D

--------------

Mark Olivarez says:

QUOTE (king mark @ Nov 9 2008, 01:53 PM) So should we take the Concord Desert Chase and re-edit in the missing sections from the DCC classics??

Not unless you an adjust the DCC to match the sound quality of Concord. Plus it would be a pain in the ... to do so.

--------------

Jessie Lohner says:

QUOTE (Kevin McCallister @ Nov 9 2008, 10:06 PM) QUOTE (king mark @ Nov 9 2008, 01:27 AM) QUOTE (Maxxie @ Nov 9 2008, 07:20 AM) --"Map/Out of Fuel" does include the alternative movement of the "Map" segment, as others have pointed out. Whether or not this is a full fledged alternate or simply the film version without the required insert appears unknown.

Is the opening segment as Indy and Willie argue then he puts his hat over his face included ?

Yes. It sounds very good too. In the film, it's very dialed down so we really don't hear it until Indy puts the hat on. A very nice moment. : D

Yes!! I love that moment! "What are you, a lion tamer?" HAHAHAH. :blink:

--------------

king mark says:

i have time

--------------

Mark Olivarez says:

Good luck. : )

--------------

Kevin McCallister says:

QUOTE (Vosk @ Nov 9 2008, 07:16 AM) Hey Kevin is disc 5 actually in a digipack as shown in the pic or is it in a cardboard thing like someone over on FSM reported?

Disc 5 is not in a digipack, but is indeed in a cardboard sleeve as it's been reported. Really weird decision; not sure why they did this.

--------------

Maxxie says:

QUOTE (Kevin McCallister @ Nov 9 2008, 10:08 AM) It's completely different music. The percussion w hear on the album is different from the film. It still has a distinctive tribal sound to it, but it's not what we hear in the film.

Pathetic. :rolleyes:

--------------

Jessie Lohner says:

QUOTE (Kevin McCallister @ Nov 9 2008, 11:10 PM) QUOTE (Vosk @ Nov 9 2008, 07:16 AM) Hey Kevin is disc 5 actually in a digipack as shown in the pic or is it in a cardboard thing like someone over on FSM reported?

Disc 5 is not in a digipack, but is indeed in a cardboard sleeve as it's been reported.

Really weird decision; not sure why they did this.

To keep costs down, of course! <_<

--------------

Maxxie says:

QUOTE (Kevin McCallister @ Nov 9 2008, 08:06 PM) Yes. It sounds very good too. In the film, it's very dialed down so we really don't hear it until Indy puts the hat on. A very nice moment. : D

Excellent! : D

--------------

Mark Olivarez says:

Probably a cost saving decision (and a rather dumb one) but one could easily make a jewel case for it.

--------------

king mark says:

yeah but is the box big enough to fit a Jewel case or everything is tightly packaged?

Nov 9 final part

tjguitar says:

QUOTE (king mark @ Nov 9 2008, 03:13 PM) yeah but is the box big enough to fit a Jewel case or everything is tightly packaged?

Definitely not big enough to store a jewel case..

--------------

Maxxie says:

QUOTE (king mark @ Nov 9 2008, 08:13 PM) yeah but is the box big enough to fit a Jewel case or everything is tightly packaged?

If it's the same size as the Pirates of the Caribbean box set from last year, it is made to fit five cardboard CD cases. :rolleyes:

--------------

I guess I can throw in the towel. ; )

--------------

davros72 says:

The picture doesn't show it as a digipack, we just assumed it was based on the other CDs shown.

--------------

Jessie Lohner says:

Well, who here is listening to the actual CDs nowadays anyway?

I will just use them once to rip them on my computer, and that's it! :(

--------------

Mark Olivarez says:

QUOTE (king mark @ Nov 9 2008, 02:13 PM) yeah but is the box big enough to fit a Jewel case or everything is tightly packaged?

Well it doesn't bother me but since there were those who complained about the similar style of the RCA Special Edition book sets and TLW case I figured they would make their own jewel cases.

--------------

QUOTE (Kevin McCallister @ Nov 9 2008, 04:08 AM) --As we all know by now, “Desert Chase” is edited and contains brief edits at 0:23, 1:36 (very short, the next cue just cuts in quicker), 2:08, 4:34, 4:46, 5:03, 5:20, and 5:39. And I hate to say it, but some of these edits are VERY jarring.

The only edits that bother me are 0:23 (misses the beat a little) and of course the missing music at 4:34. The rest are normal cuts between takes.

--------------

Kevin McCallister says:

I'll still be listening to the CDs for now. When I get an iPod though...

--------------

MissPadmé says:

I listen t actual CDs alot. I won't waste harddrive space for ripped wave albums!

Congrats to you guys, you are among the first human beings on earth who have this set! : )

--------------

Kevin McCallister says:

QUOTE (Henry Buck @ Nov 9 2008, 09:20 AM) QUOTE (Kevin McCallister @ Nov 9 2008, 04:08 AM) --As we all know by now, “Desert Chase” is edited and contains brief edits at 0:23, 1:36 (very short, the next cue just cuts in quicker), 2:08, 4:34, 4:46, 5:03, 5:20, and 5:39. And I hate to say it, but some of these edits are VERY jarring.

The only edits that bother me are 0:23 (misses the beat a little) and of course the missing music at 4:34. The rest are normal cuts between takes.

I guess it's just tough because I've been used to the DCC for so long. Thank God we still have that album.

--------------

Jessie Lohner says:

Hey, Kevin, have YOU noticed any sound quality difference regarding Short Round Helps? : o

--------------

MissPadmé says:

QUOTE (Kevin McCallister @ Nov 9 2008, 09:22 PM) I guess it's just tough because I've been used to the DCC for so long. Thank God we still have that album.

so is it a huge differnce in soundquality between the DCC and the Concord version of the desert chase??

edit: is this you in the pic avatar? yummie :blink:

--------------

I don't think the DCC had better edits, really. It's just that this because this album has such clear sound quality, the flaws are magnified. So all I'm going to use the DCC for is the missing thirty seconds. I swear, the quality on this is so good, I'm hearing "Desert Chase" in completely new ways.

--------------

Jessie Lohner says:

QUOTE (Henry Buck @ Nov 9 2008, 11:24 PM) I don't think the DCC had better edits, really. It's just that this because this album has such clear sound quality, the flaws are magnified. So all I'm going to use the DCC for is the missing thirty seconds. I swear, the quality on this is so good, I'm hearing "Desert Chase" in completely new ways.

Oh my God! You already have it too!? : o

--------------

king mark says:

QUOTE (Jason LeBlanc @ Nov 9 2008, 03:24 PM) A question for you guys that have the set: I know the "big band" performance of "Anything Goes" is missing from "Nightclub Brawl", but later on in the cue, the melody of "Anything Goes" is played on strings. Is that in the track on the Concord set?

yeah right before they jump out the window...

--------------

QUOTE (Jessie Lohner @ Nov 9 2008, 03:26 PM) QUOTE (Henry Buck @ Nov 9 2008, 11:24 PM) I don't think the DCC had better edits, really. It's just that this because this album has such clear sound quality, the flaws are magnified. So all I'm going to use the DCC for is the missing thirty seconds. I swear, the quality on this is so good, I'm hearing "Desert Chase" in completely new ways.

Oh my God! You already have it too!? : o

Mmhm.

--------------

Jessie Lohner says:

So those of you who already have it, which track are you listening to right now?

Desert Chase?? LOL

--------------

Kevin McCallister says:

QUOTE (Jessie Lohner @ Nov 9 2008, 09:24 AM) Hey, Kevin, have YOU noticed any sound quality difference regarding Short Round Helps? : o

I personally haven't. It sounds fine to me.

To be fair, I'm not a hardcore audiophile, but I was listening to these tracks pretty loud on headphones and everything sounds terrific to me.

TLC as I said, is damn near a revelation. It sounds more orchestral.

QUOTE (MissPadmé @ Nov 9 2008, 09:24 AM) QUOTE (Kevin McCallister @ Nov 9 2008, 09:22 PM) I guess it's just tough because I've been used to the DCC for so long. Thank God we still have that album.

so is it a huge differnce in soundquality between the DCC and the Concord version of the desert chase??

edit: is this you in theavatar? yummie :blink:

I did notice a difference there. I thought maybe I was hearing an alternate track, but it's the original, just augmented and enhanced. So yes, the Concord has better quality, which is even more of a disappointment that it's edited.

And that is me in the avatar. :lol:

--------------

Jessie Lohner says:

QUOTE (Kevin McCallister @ Nov 9 2008, 10:30 PM) TLC as I said, is damn near a revelation. It sounds more orchestral.

: D You can tell just from the soundclips! The Boat Scene sounds incredible...

--------------

Maxxie says:

QUOTE (Jessie Lohner @ Nov 9 2008, 08:33 PM) : D You can tell just from the soundclips! The Boat Scene sounds incredible...

I getting SOOOOOOOOOOOO excited now!!!! : D : D : D LOL LOL LOL

--------------

The edit from Marion's theme to the final reprise of the Raiders March in "Washington Ending & Raiders March" is rather jarring.

--------------

Maxxie says:

QUOTE (Henry Buck @ Nov 9 2008, 08:41 PM) The edit from Marion's theme to the final reprise of the Raiders March in "Washington Ending & Raiders March" is rather jarring.

Is that how the film is? I can't remember.

I watched the End Credits for TLC yesterday and wasn't impressed. IMO the best End Credits Suite(ish) is TOD.

--------------

QUOTE (Jason LeBlanc @ Nov 9 2008, 03:24 PM) A question for you guys that have the set: I know the "big band" performance of "Anything Goes" is missing from "Nightclub Brawl", but later on in the cue, the melody of "Anything Goes" is played on strings. Is that in the track on the Concord set?

Yep, it's there.

--------------

Maxxie says:

QUOTE (Henry Buck @ Nov 9 2008, 08:55 PM) It just sounds kind of lousy now.

In what way lousy? :angry:

--------------

Charlie Brigden says:

QUOTE (Maxxie @ Nov 9 2008, 08:55 PM) QUOTE (Henry Buck @ Nov 9 2008, 08:41 PM) The edit from Marion's theme to the final reprise of the Raiders March in "Washington Ending & Raiders March" is rather jarring.

Is that how the film is? I can't remember.

I watched the End Credits for TLC yesterday and wasn't impressed. IMO the best End Credits Suite(ish) is TOD.

It's best not to look to films for the end credit suites, as they're often cut down or re-edited. A prime example is STAR TREK: NEMESIS, where a fantastic end credit suite is absolutely butchered in the film.

--------------

It's an abrupt sounding cut with a small jump in volume... okay?

--------------

Maxxie says:

QUOTE (Henry Buck @ Nov 9 2008, 08:58 PM) It's an abrupt sounding cut with a small jump in volume... okay?

Hmmm ok. LOL

--------------

Maxxie says:

QUOTE (Charlie Brigden @ Nov 9 2008, 08:58 PM) It's best not to look to films for the end credit suites, as they're often cut down or re-edited. A prime example is STAR TREK: NEMESIS, where a fantastic end credit suite is absolutely butchered in the film.

Yeah I know what you mean there.

TOD End Credits isn't that badly butchered though is it? I know there's the slightly different beginning, the slight change in Short Round/Willies themes and the triumphant and more powerful ending but it still sounds good. I think the ending of the film End Credits is better than the CD. : D

--------------

Nick Parker says:

Oh boy, Henry, am I feeling envious of you. Did "Approaching the Stones" play in your mind when you opened the Box Set?

--------------

Maxxie says:

QUOTE (Jason LeBlanc @ Nov 9 2008, 09:31 PM) It's simply a f__k up

LOL

It was probably deemed that a track that's about 0:15 seconds long wasn't worth putting on the CD, like the six(?) tiny snippets of "The Feast".

Then again, they could've tacked it onto the end of Track 1, "Anything Goes." :rolleyes:

--------------

Short Round Escapes has a bit of a dip in sound quality.

--------------

Maxxie says:

QUOTE (Henry Buck @ Nov 9 2008, 09:38 PM) "Short Round Escapes" has a bit of a dip in sound quality. "Short Round Helps" does too, but it's really minor.

Oh dear, I'm sure that'll please King Mark!

--------------

Actually, "Short Round Helps" gets a bit worse into the track...

--------------

Nick Parker says:

If you are at that point, then you must have passed "Approaching the Stones". How is it?

--------------

Pretty nice.

--------------

Maxxie says:

QUOTE (Henry Buck @ Nov 9 2008, 09:47 PM) Actually, "Short Round Helps" gets a bit worse into the track...

Is it really bad? : (

--------------

It's not really bad.

--------------

Maurizio Caschetto says:

Who knows, maybe the overdubs were recorded in different sessions and the tapes are nowehere to be found...

--------------

Mark Olivarez says:

Or damaged, which might explain the sound differences in the Short Round cues.

--------------

Nick Parker says:

One more page, people!

--------------

Maxxie says:

All vaild points chaps.

I wish someone like John Williams would answer some of these questions for us.

You never know, we get some excellent info in the liner notes..........hahaha.

--------------

Vosk says:

QUOTE (Mark Olivarez @ Nov 9 2008, 05:56 PM) Or damaged, which might explain the sound differences in the Short Round cues.

That could be the most likely issue.

--------------

When the British fanfare kicks in in "The Broken Bridge / British Relief," the sound suddenly gets rather distant.

--------------

Maxxie says:

QUOTE (Henry Buck @ Nov 9 2008, 10:01 PM) When the British fanfare kicks in in "The Broken Bridge / British Relief," the sound suddenly gets rather distant.

As said, the tapes may be damaged. Could this be why none of these cues were on the OST? <_<

--------------

That isn't why.

--------------

Maxxie says:

QUOTE (Henry Buck @ Nov 9 2008, 10:04 PM) That isn't why.

So what is the reason? License fees? Lack of public interest at the time?

--------------

Charlie Brigden says:

Does it sound worse than on the FSM podcast?

--------------

Of course not. It's still very decent sound. It just isn't as sterling as the rest of the set.

--------------

chinaismine says:

Anything interesting from the interviews?

--------------

scallenger says:

Finally Amazon.com is "preparing shipping" for me. I thought maybe they had forgotten about me, lol. I even changed my shipping speed to 1 day since the price went down far more than I thought it would.

I just want to say... when I do get the set (and I will let you all know when I do) stay off the roads. I plan on blasting "Short Round Helps" on my car stereo, with some random person in my car, as I weave throughout tightly cornered with plenty of dips...

LOL

--------------

Marc402 says:

QUOTE (Henry Buck @ Nov 9 2008, 08:39 PM) I can't get over how good this sound quality is. There's a part in "The Basket Game" where a bass drum pretty much explodes. The DCC didn't give us that punchiness!

the more reason i'm bumbed out that they include an edited version of the Desert Chase as it is next to map room/dawn my favorite track on the album.

Does the basket game have the introduction bit though ?

--------------

Marc402 says:

QUOTE (Jessie Lohner @ Nov 9 2008, 09:18 PM) Well, who here is listening to the actual CDs nowadays anyway?

I will just use them once to rip them on my computer, and that's it! :(

well i do infact i went out of my way to get another discman a few weeks ago when my other one was stolen.

especialy when i drive to work, before i get to bed i won't know what i'll be in the mood for next day and this way i can grab (if i have it ofcourse) of the shelf and off i go.

That isn't to say i don't have any mp3's or other audio files on the pc though LOL

--------------

John Crichton says:

QUOTE (Jessie Lohner @ Nov 9 2008, 09:18 PM) Well, who here is listening to the actual CDs nowadays anyway?

:rolleyes:

--------------

Nick Parker says:

I am.

Jason what the hell is the point of reposting all of this?

I for one appreciate getting some of the history back. I was dismayed to come back to the thread yesterday to find out what the exact pitch correction should be, only to see that the posts were lost.

Nov 10 part 1

Marc402 says:

QUOTE (Maxxie @ Nov 9 2008, 10:36 PM) QUOTE (Jason LeBlanc @ Nov 9 2008, 09:31 PM) It's simply a f__k up

:(

It was probably deemed that a track that's about 0:15 seconds long wasn't worth putting on the CD, like the six(?) tiny snippets of "The Feast".

Then again, they could've tacked it onto the end of Track 1, "Anything Goes." :rolleyes:

i always found it belonged at the end of track 1 to begin with to me it is the original ending of the song :rolleyes:

Ah well still the sound quality of the rest of the cd's will make up some for it's shortcomings : )

--------------

Maurizio Caschetto says:

At the end of all things, I'm pretty sure the ups will be considerably more than the downs. So, let's be happy and enjoy all the great music that has been finally made available to us! : )

--------------

jacksparrow900 says:

Once I get my set in I will be doing complete film versions for the first three films including all the source music heard in each film.

--------------

Henry Buck says:

Hmm, the beginning of "The Return to the Village" is a bit off in pitch and heavy in tape hiss. The corresponding music from "End Credits" on Disc 2, however, sounds fine. What's the deal?

--------------

Henry Buck says:

That's probably true. I'm not sure about film stems, though. How do you explain the clean endings?

--------------

pixie_twinkle says:

Just checked Amazon. Mine was shipped today!!! : D

I'll expect it in the mail by Wednesday.

--------------

Mark Olivarez says:

QUOTE (Henry Buck @ Nov 9 2008, 06:33 PM) Hmm, the beginning of "The Return to the Village" is a bit off in pitch and heavy in tape hiss. The corresponding music from "End Credits" on Disc 2, however, sounds fine. What's the deal? To be honest, I'm not really impressed with this track. It comes from one of the blurrier sounding sources (pitch/hiss problems in the beginning aside), has a lot of reverb and I just don't think the orchestra quite nails it. But hey, selecting the wrong takes is something we've come to expect from Bouzereau. : P

I was never really impressed with this cue to begin with. It feels like something Williams threw together at the last minute, especially since we get a repeat of it in the end credits.

--------------

Delorean90 says:

The ending of the cue is the real prize.

--------------

Mark Olivarez says:

I should say the music leading up to the moment the end credits begin.

For the longest time I thought the cue was just tracked from the end credits.

--------------

Delorean90 says:

Yeah, that's what I meant by the ending.

I was kind of confused on the cue's origins for a while, also. The biggest things that indicated that it wasn't tracked are the bit where Indy speaks with the Shaman and the very end of the cue. Oh, and the Willie's theme section being different.

--------------

king mark says:

I always noted the love theme was different .that;s what I really want

--------------

Koray Savas says:

QUOTE (pixie_twinkle @ Nov 9 2008, 07:43 PM) Just checked Amazon. Mine was shipped today!!! : D

I'll expect it in the mail by Wednesday.

Sweet! That must meant mine has shipped as well.

--------------

Henry Buck says:

Ouch, I just noticed several other edits in "Desert Chase." They're not just cuts between takes. There are about ten seconds of music deleted in total.

--------------

Nick Parker says:

Now, define the word "jarring". Do you mean "jarring", in the sense that you are not used to (not?) hearing these moments omitted from this release, or do you mean "jarring" as in "completely awkward because of tempo shift, or something like that"?

--------------

Henry Buck says:

Well, I didn't say jarring, but okay. The deletions aren't too noticeable. They don't wreck the tempo or anything.

--------------

Koray Savas says:

QUOTE (Henry Buck @ Nov 9 2008, 09:12 PM) Well, I didn't say jarring, but okay.

:( I was wondering what he was talking about.

--------------

Henry Buck says:

Well, I made "The Return to the Village" sound a bit better by correcting its pitch. The whole thing's slow by about .25 semitones.

--------------

Henry Buck says:

QUOTE (Jason LeBlanc @ Nov 9 2008, 09:29 PM) 10 seconds shorter than the old OST version or 10 seconds shorter than the DCC?

All the same edits as on the OST.

--------------

BurgaFlippinMan says:

mine shipped today and i'll be getting it by wednesday!

--------------

John Crichton says:

There you go, 50. I predict 100 by the end of the week.

--------------

Koray Savas says:

Damn mine hasn't shipped yet. It will probably ship tomorrow and I'll get it on Wednesday.

--------------

red_rabbit says:

QUOTE (John Crichton @ Nov 9 2008, 08:45 PM) There you go, 50. I predict 100 by the end of the week.

Never underestimate JW fans...

--------------

Nick Parker says:

QUOTE (Henry Buck @ Nov 9 2008, 06:12 PM) Well, I didn't say jarring, but okay. The deletions aren't too noticeable. They don't wreck the tempo or anything.

My apologies for the confusion. So, you are saying that one with no knowledge of "Desert Chase" will have no problems?

--------------

pixie_twinkle says:

I ended up only being charged $44.99 for it! What a steal!

--------------

Vosk says:

QUOTE (red_rabbit @ Nov 9 2008, 11:14 PM) QUOTE (John Crichton @ Nov 9 2008, 08:45 PM) There you go, 50. I predict 100 by the end of the week.

Never underestimate JW fans...

Indeed...this has probably got to be one of the fastest growing subjects for a thread on this forum since I've visited here.

--------------

Nick Parker says:

That was the price that I (technically) paid, as well. A very good bargain, I would say.

--------------

joey225 says:

I had chosen one day shipping at Amazon - and I think they may have tried to ship it yesterday, because I got an email saying that my credit card was declined. :blink:

So I put my debit card on there instead, and I'm hoping it ships tomorrow. If it doesn't then my plan is...

1. Buy it at Barnes and Noble Tuesday morning. ($60)

2. When I receive the one from Amazon, affix the BN price stick to it then return it to BN.

I'm not missing out on getting this on time! :rolleyes:

--------------

Nick Parker says:

Or you could send it to deprived John Williams fans across the world.

--------------

Mark Olivarez says:

QUOTE (joey225 @ Nov 9 2008, 10:27 PM) I had chosen one day shipping at Amazon - and I think they may have tried to ship it yesterday, because I got an email saying that my credit card was declined. :blink:

So I put my debit card on there instead, and I'm hoping it ships tomorrow. If it doesn't then my plan is...

2. When I receive the one from Amazon, affix the BN price sticker to it then return it to BN.

I'm not missing out on getting this on time! <_<

Good luck trying to find it in stores on Tuesday, unless they told you they were getting a copy.

--------------

joey225 says:

QUOTE (Mark Olivarez @ Nov 9 2008, 11:32 PM) QUOTE (joey225 @ Nov 9 2008, 10:27 PM) I had chosen one day shipping at Amazon - and I think they may have tried to ship it yesterday, because I got an email saying that my credit card was declined. :lol:

2. When I receive the one from Amazon, affix the BN price sticker to it then return it to BN.

I'm not missing out on getting this on time! :angry:

Good luck trying to find it in stores on Tuesday, unless they told you they were getting a copy.

I planned ahead and reserved a copy at my local one last month, before I placed my Amazon order.

--------------

Nick Parker says:

Tomorrow is going to be a very long school day....

--------------

John Crichton says:

It'll probably cost more in store than online too.

--------------

Koray Savas says:

Why?

--------------

Neil S. Bulk says:

QUOTE (Jason LeBlanc @ Nov 9 2008, 04:41 PM) I wonder if Neil will still use the DCC disc for most of his assembly : )

I sure am, and it's going to be better than anything anyone else can assemble and I'll just keep it all to myself. Thanks!

Neil

--------------

Henry Buck says:

QUOTE (Neil S. Bulk @ Nov 9 2008, 11:47 PM) QUOTE (Jason LeBlanc @ Nov 9 2008, 04:41 PM) I wonder if Neil will still use the DCC disc for most of his assembly : )

I sure am, and it's going to be better than anything anyone else can assemble and I'll just keep it all to myself. Thanks!

Neil

Neil, the sound quality on the new release is much better. There's no reason to use the DCC except for "Desert Chase."

--------------

Drax says:

The DCC sound quality is pretty good. It has character to it.

--------------

Henry Buck says:

And this is even better.

--------------

Drax says:

I'll be the judge of that when I hear it.

--------------

John Crichton says:

I like the DCC sound too, but I've long learned to trust Henry's ear. If he says it's better, it's better. I know that, whether it was more Murphy or Concord, Indy 4 sounds fantastic.

--------------

Neil S. Bulk says:

I want to thank everyone for their concern.

Neil

--------------

Kevin McCallister says:

QUOTE (Jason LeBlanc @ Nov 9 2008, 11:01 AM) Another question for you guys that have the set:

The track "The Scroll / To Pankot Palace".

At around 2:08 ish into the track, does the music kind of end / fade out, before the next part of the track starts (ie, where "The Scroll" ends and "To Pankot Palace" begins). And then, when the music kicks in again, is that where it is different that the film version? Is the end of the track the same as the film, or is the whole second half of the track alternate to the film?

Here's a breakdown of the track, as it's rather complicated:

0:00-1:20 - "The Scroll," and there is a small fade out.

1:21-1:49 - "Trek to Pankot Palace" begins and plays as it does in the film.

1:50-1:55 - Unused statement of Mola Ram's theme.

1:56-2:02 - Music resumes as it does in the film.

2:03-2:36 - More unused music. Mola Ram's theme appears again.

2:37-2:49 - Music resumes as it is heard in the film.

2:50-3:19 - THIS is where the alternative music kicks in. The percussion rhythm is similar, but different from the film and there is no chorus.

3:20-end - Music resumes as it is heard in the film all the way to the end.

Hope this helps!

--------------

king mark says:

only 10 days to go for me ,or something like that

--------------

Luke Skywalker says:

QUOTE (Henry Buck @ Nov 9 2008, 08:20 PM) You may find this of interest:

QUOTE Mastered by Patricia Sullivan Fourstar at Bernie Grundman Mastering, Hollywood, CA

I've never heard of her, but clearly she did a good job!

Never heard of her??

She is the one that mastered The Phantom Menace UE, so no wonder why this sound good too.

I think she has also worked in other Williams albums.

--------------

king mark says:

TPM UE ? that one sounds fantastic

--------------

MissPadmé says:

http://www.berniegrundmanmastering.com/eng...s/sullivan.html (http://www.berniegrundmanmastering.com/eng...s/sullivan.html)

--------------

king mark says:

RotS was ok but not as great

what's the difference between what Shawn Murphy does?

--------------

Luke Skywalker says:

one is mastering and the other recording mixer

Now what does that mean.... I dont really know...

--------------

MissPadmé says:

QUOTE (king mark @ Nov 10 2008, 10:05 AM) RotS was ok but not as great

what's the difference between what Shawn Murphy does?

well murphy does the actual stage recording.. and she does the album mastering

Also, does anyone else find it strange that the tap-dancing sounds are on Anything Goes? I mean, those are sound effects, right? I don't think JW tap-danced himself for that song!

Tap dancing is musical.

Why are most people moaning about this set, as far as I'm concerned it's been such a long time coming that it's a fantastic addition to my collection.

As for missing pieces of music etc a lot of the stuff "missing" are probably overlays which were added after the scoring sessions were done.

Examples:-

The "Anything goes parts" that aren't in the score were layed over after the original scoring sessions were done. So we are actually getting all the complete recordings as originally planned so for my money I am more than happy with this set.

Also the Keeping up with the Jones's cue has a large portion of music that is unused in the film but was originally planned to be in it.

Just thought i'd throw my opinion in.

A nice bonus cue would have been the orchestral track for "Anything Goes".

Neil

Yep, especially since doing so would not have required more re-use fees

For those who aren't satisfied just hope this sells really well for Concord and 4-5 years down the line Lucasfilm & Concord decide to do a special edition style release for each film and let Michael Matessino & Nick Redman work on them.

:rolleyes:

A nice bonus cue would have been the orchestral track for "Anything Goes".

Neil

For me there is no reason not to listen to this with Kate Capshaw's vocals.

So Arvin Sloane's wife did the vocals for Temple of Doom, and Jan from The Office did the vocals for The Rocketeer? Crazy!

Amazon update... Got an email detailing my total savings, specifying that I will receive my additional $3 off since the box's lowest price was $41.99 as we saw. So, yay!

Box still not arrived yet, I don't think our mail has come yet.

Have you already had the chance to have a listen to the rest of the set, Neil, and see if the pitch problem is there as well?

Is it also off on the Mummy Cave cue or the other new cues on the leaked version?

If I understand correctly, the pitch is off to various degrees depending on the cue?

By the way, is it just the speed of the cue, or the actual pitch (i.e. speed & tone)?

So Arvin Sloane's wife did the vocals for Temple of Doom, and Jan from The Office did the vocals for The Rocketeer? Crazy!

That's wacky! The first time Jan showed up on The Office I had to IMDb her since I knew the name but couldn't place it.

One more thing .Is it possible that the previously unreleased part of Indy's Very First Adventure is an alternate ? It seems a bit different than the film/boot version

It does.

Amazon update... Got an email detailing my total savings, specifying that I will receive my additional $3 off since the box's lowest price was $41.99 as we saw. So, yay!

Box still not arrived yet, I don't think our mail has come yet.

I got that same email yesterday, and apparently they got the right price through their system before they charged my credit card on Sunday.

If you have an Amazon account you can login and track your package. Mine hasn't had any updates since Monday, though, when it was still in Springfield MA.

Did you get Super Saver Shipping? I did, and expect to get the box on Friday or Saturday.

I got that same email yesterday, and apparently they got the right price through their system before they charged my credit card on Sunday.

If you have an Amazon account you can login and track your package. Mine hasn't had any updates since Monday, though, when it was still in Springfield MA.

Did you get Super Saver Shipping? I did, and expect to get the box on Friday or Saturday.

I did pick Super Saver Shipping, it estimated delivery on Saturday but based on tracking, last update was Monday night when it left St. Paul, MN. The last item I had ordered I also used Super Saver Shipping and that was delivered the day after it left St. Paul (and it needed to go about an hour further east than my Indy set), so I'm hoping it's today.

I'm still at work, the wife just called to tell me it arrived. It's going to be a long afternoon. Though I asked her to call me if it came, I kind of wished she hadn't. :rolleyes:

Just got an email from HMV to say my set is in the post!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes: <_<

Me too :angry:

And I listened to the first 20 mins or so of ToD on the journey home today--- aweesommmeeee :rolleyes:

Cool! :blink:

How have you listened to the first 20mins? OST?